• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    The best show ever made begins. It did have a great season. Breaking Bad will later become the best show ever made. That's how awesome this shows becomes
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  5. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  6. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que noBrutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  7. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  8. Dec 14, 2014
    I have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 isI have never once witnessed a show with as much balls as this did in the first season, characters actions made marvelous impacts and almost every character with the exception of skylor is likeable.. Walter white a chemistry teacher breaking bad with a former student jesse pinkman.. this has to be the best thing to come out of television in the 21st century I have seen thus far. season 1 is almost perfection, I cannot wait to see how the characters will react once the story has ended and if walt ever gets found out.. should be interesting. Expand
  9. Mar 20, 2013
    Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters.Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters. While this does slow the overall pace, these episodes were absolutely crucial. The greatest aspect of the show might have to be its undeniable unpredictability, highlighted by the extremely volatile Tuco introduced towards the end. Must watch! 9.1/10 Expand
  10. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  12. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  13. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  14. Nov 5, 2013
    Better than The Walking Dead. The story is fantastic and original and the writing is amazing. I've never than more engaged to characters in my life. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have fantastic chemistry on screen. I can't stop watching.
  15. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  16. Feb 1, 2013
    Totally awesome show! You never know what's going to happen next. I've been hooked on this show since it first started. I can't wait for Season 6!!!!!
  17. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  18. Jun 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one ofBreaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one of the absolute best things on television, hands down. Expand
  19. Aug 22, 2014
    I've only till a couple months ago learned why this show is rated as it is. Intense and human acting, with some f the best writing a basic cable television show has to offer. And an interesting story line to top it off. This is the show that will go down in history forever.
  20. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  21. Jul 16, 2012
    looking back at this season having watched four seasons and this is just a teaser of all of the amazing things to come...this is the weakest season of this show and that is sad because it is still better than 95% of the other crap that is on tv.
  22. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  23. May 21, 2013
    This is the best Crime Drama show running on television alongside Dexter. The writing is simply brilliant, tough the series is a little slow but the acting of Bryan Cranston is outstanding.
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, itAbsolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  25. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  26. Mar 14, 2013
    good show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long asgood show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long as walter gets what he deserves in the end i will probably be very satisfied Expand
  27. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  29. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  31. Jun 1, 2013
    Brilliant first season of one of the best shows on television at the moment. The two main characters portray some of the best acting I've seen in years. All tied up in a nice bow with a fantastic storyline with lots of real issues and emotions. And lets face it, we can all see a little bit of ourselves in this series.
  32. Aug 30, 2013
    Not as great as the other seasons but despite that the show is brilliant, the performances of the whole cast but specially of Cranston and Paul are excellent, the directing and the writing are also really good. The beginning of one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
  33. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  34. Aug 28, 2012
    Just got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked byJust got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the direction the show turned, and also so satisfied in it. Can't wait to get the next season and supposedly it gets even better. Wow. Watch this show. It won't disappoint, not even for a second. Expand
  35. Nov 26, 2012
    Instantly gripping show. I really am excited to see how this progresses. Love Bryan Cranston, there's a surprising moment in pretty much every episode.
  36. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutelyI admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  37. Mar 29, 2015
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show we are ever going to get. Perfect Writing, Perfect Casting, Perfect Story. Everything about this show is awesome, there is only 1 slightly meh episode in my opinion and it's the Fly one in season 3. Everything else is LEGENDARY.

38. Jan 7, 2015
    Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  39. Feb 19, 2013
    The genius of Breaking Bad is that it is believable. The acting is top notch (RJ Mitte, who plays Walter's son is incredible!) This is everything that makes the arts great. I love this show.
  40. Jun 29, 2011
    Breaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flowBreaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flow almost effortlessly. The first season is very well done beginning to end and easily made it one of the best shows on TV. Overall score: 9/10 Expand
  41. Jan 12, 2015
    Very good television beyond belief, it hits you where you're most sensitive and isn't afraid to take a piece out of the viewer by sinking the subject matter to a place very few show's have ever done.
  42. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week!If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  43. Dec 11, 2014
    "Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters"Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters are perfect, everything else is perfect, the moral dilemmas are perfect... Let's just say: "Breaking Bad is a perfect mix". Expand
  44. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  45. Sep 10, 2010
    Striking an almost perfect balance between drama and pitch black comedy, Breaking Bad proves to be smart, fiendishly clever entertainment. Sort of like a TV version of Fargo.
  46. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  47. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  48. Oct 23, 2011
    This show will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat like no other. Especially every time it gets toward the end of a season, good lord. It really is the best show I've seen in years personally.
  49. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  50. Mar 17, 2012
    This show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actorsThis show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actors and actresses, 8 to 10 tactile and purposeful writers, one visionary cinematographer, and a single, unanimous vision of a small corner of lower-middle class life in Albuquerque that all these people see and follow unerringly to its bleak and deadly end. This transcends television. This is true art. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad that the 5th season will be the last, but the story will remain timeless due to this shows wonderous philosophical agenda best show on basic cable in years
  52. May 23, 2013
    One of the best crime series of all time
  53. Jul 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good oneBreaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good one around for quite some time. Expand
  54. Nov 26, 2013
    I didn't get into this show until Season 5 part 2 almost came around, but I wish I got into it sooner, this is easily the greatest live-action show I've ever seen.
  55. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  56. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killedI cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  57. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  58. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. ButAbsolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Expand
  59. Jul 18, 2011
    Why isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing inWhy isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing in every way; I can't ever get enough. Watch it!! Expand
  60. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hookedAt first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  61. Jan 19, 2012
    It's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying atIt's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying at first glance, but looking deeper there's actually a sort of satirical humor even there, and in any case, that aspect of the show was one of the first to disappear. The writers strike also makes it tough to evaluate the end of the season - I like to think of the second episode of season 2 as the final episode of this arc, which really makes a difference. Expand
  62. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough soUndoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10
  63. Jun 30, 2013
    Just one of the best show you could possibly watch, probably the best of the best. I've always asked myself what this season could be without the "cut" to seven episodes.
  64. Jul 24, 2013
    One of the best TV shows in the pass decade. I'm VERY surprised it's rating is only in the 70s. The critics eye and taste is completely different than what the average joe is looking for in a TV show.

The show is an intense, and have you at the edge of your seat through the whole season. When key events happens during the show, you feel them, you are emotionally invested and personally, it's hard to find a bad boring episode in Breaking Bad.
  65. Aug 19, 2013
    I could not like this television show more if I tried. I came to it late (during Season 4) and caught up by binge watching on Netflix. How simply compelling every part of it is.
  66. Aug 30, 2013
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best TV dramas I have ever seen. It stars the almighty Bryan Cranston as Walter White and the uncanny Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. This show mixes suspense with fantastic acting oh so perfectly that it's almost unable to describe. The farther you get into the show, the more gritty this fantastic storyline unveils to be. I know AMC is known for thereBreaking Bad is definitely one of the best TV dramas I have ever seen. It stars the almighty Bryan Cranston as Walter White and the uncanny Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman. This show mixes suspense with fantastic acting oh so perfectly that it's almost unable to describe. The farther you get into the show, the more gritty this fantastic storyline unveils to be. I know AMC is known for there great dramas, such as The Walking Dead or Mad Men, but this show is by far the best. Expand
  67. Sep 23, 2013
    Good god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, thatGood god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, that is fine. But I can't fathom anybody walking away from this show saying that it isn't a top notch production. Expand
  68. May 26, 2014
    This is my favourite show at the moment. I love the writing and dialogue, and Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor as well. I'm on season 2 episode 9 on Netflix. You should definitely check this show out.
  69. Dec 7, 2013
    Absolute BEST TV show of all time. The show is a work of art and will be known forever. It is the Mona Lisa of the t.v. industry. It is full of symbolism and deep meaning. Should be watched by anyone who enjoy good television work.
  70. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  71. Apr 22, 2015
    Starts off a little slow but the pace picks up halfway through season 1. From that point on it's a thrilling ride. Breaking Bad is a modern day classic.
  72. Sep 26, 2011
    Nice series. Original and well filmed. Good cast as well. I enjoyed every bit.
  73. Jun 9, 2013
    I think the average user-score of this show displays just how good it is, surprisingly the show somehow keeps on getting better and better. If you're looking for one of the best shows out there, breaking Bad should undoubtedly be on the list.
  74. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  75. May 30, 2012
    The best show I've seen on TV. For a long time I thought there was nothing that could compare to The Wire, until I started watching Breaking Bad. The dialogue is amazing, the plot never gets boring and always keeps you on your toes. IIt has the best characthers written for TV-series ever.
  76. Jan 24, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the best show on television, and Season 1 is the greatness that started it off. It really demonstrates the beginning of Walter White's story, and it perfectly demonstrates his complexity and beginnings.
  77. Apr 20, 2013
    It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots.It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots. This is one masterpiece of a series, and i really want to suck up the damn final part of season 5, but till then we have to wait for summer 2013. That´s a downside too. You have to wait nearly a whole year for a new season, but at least it´s worth it! WATCH IT! It´s a legendary TV Show you need to watch! Expand
  78. Mar 26, 2014
    Without question the best show that's ever been on TV - prove me wrong. I'm sure Dexter's Michael C. Hall watched the finale and said "Oh **** so that's how you do it"

79. Jun 12, 2014
    This is the best television series in the history of television. Breaking Bad is put together well. All of the actors fit their roles perfectly, the story line is unmatched . The cinematic views of Albuquerque, New Mexico are breath-taking, and the violence is, well, violent.
    Season 1 through the first have of the 5th season is very entertaining, keeps a great story line with suspense. The 2nd half of the 5th season is when all hell breaks loose. Edge of your seat entertainment. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you are missing out on television history!
  80. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  81. Jan 26, 2011
    Very good show, and I love the storyline of Walt and his Meth. I was lead to this show from watching the entire series of The Wire and it left me wanting more from the Drug scene. Mixed with family drama, and real life situations Breaking bad delivers on all aspects of a show that I will continue to watch. It's in my top 5 for sure.
  82. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  83. Oct 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't start watching this show until the 4th episode. But when I did see it I was hooked. I immediately watched the first three episodes and was blown away. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are two amazing actors and have great chemistry. The story telling is nothing short of great.
  84. Mar 15, 2012
    In a few words, this show is a 21st-Century Western. So many memorable characters. Sure, there's Walt and Jesse, but Saul, Hank, Gus, Mike, and even Mr. Salamanca are awesome. What I love is how the stakes are raised each episode, hooking you up for the next. It's like, the TV version of crystal meth.
  85. Dec 27, 2012
    One of my favorite shows. Very intricate plot with lots of twists and turns. I love the way the directors combine chemistry with drugs and drugs with the family. Amazing and a must watch.
  86. Nov 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad, after watching the Pilot i was hooked. Breaking Bad has great actors, who play awesome characters, in a great story. It is definitly worth the watch if you have not yet I didnt watch season 1 untill season 2 was out and boy was i missing out. :(
  87. Mar 13, 2012
    I only recently discovered Breaking Bad and started watching the first couple of episodes on a Saturday night. I realised quickly that this was going to be a very addictive, higly enjoyable series. Top acting, funny situations and a very unpredictable story line that makes is compulsive viewing.

I especially like the way you are dropped in a situation that doesn't make sense, but by using flashbacks the puzzle finally makes sense and gives you an amazing cliffhanger.

I just finished the first season and started on season 2, which looks like it is even better than the first. But what rating do you give a series that was already perfect?
  88. Mar 17, 2012
    I have been watching Breaking Bad since 2 years and i gotta say every season blows my mind every season gets better and better the writing and the characterization is so so top-notch you feel you are on a live wire. The current season just expanded the greatness and visual treat. The season finale was the icing on the cake. Great music, great camera work, great acting hail "BryanI have been watching Breaking Bad since 2 years and i gotta say every season blows my mind every season gets better and better the writing and the characterization is so so top-notch you feel you are on a live wire. The current season just expanded the greatness and visual treat. The season finale was the icing on the cake. Great music, great camera work, great acting hail "Bryan Cranston" Aaron Paul is the best supporting actor in the world. Giancarlo Esposito was great. But the real master of the show is the writing oh my god how did they write such great lines. I mean my respect for Vince Giligan has increased. He's become one of my favorite writers. Overall this the best television show one can offer. I hope the last season comes with fireworks. Expand
  89. May 25, 2013
    La meilleure serie qu'il m'es était donnée de voir avec The Shield et Dexter les acteurs sont juste parfait la réalisation et l'intrigue parfaitement dosée un must
  90. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried outFour months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  91. Jul 16, 2012
    I don't know how this only has a 74 rating. Best show on Tv hands down. One of, if not the the best show to ever grace television. The acting is fantastic, not just Bryan Cranston, the whole cast is wonderful. Give this wonderful show a chance
  92. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  93. Jul 4, 2013
    This is definetly without a shadow of doubt, one of the best series in history, few managed to pull such characters and plot as well as this TV series.Although it may seem that it's slow at first, it's pace is not nearly compared as the quality of story planning, acting and direction.
    In this stage where drama and tension simply take over the audience, Bryan Cranston performs brilliantly only to make people dive in even further into this scenario.It is absolutely amazing how AMC shows us the transformation and the path that all these characters go into, it is now crystal clear how powerful this Vince Gilligan's show can get, and how high can it achieve
  94. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  95. Aug 1, 2013
    This show is absolutely genius, there is a lot of plot twists that will let you blown away and you will be asking yourself what just happened and they are going to do with this problem, the character development is genius, especially the changes of Walter, Jesse, Hank and Gustavo during the show are just some of the best I've seen in years. This is the best TV show that has appeared in years.
  96. Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just howAnyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just how significant that particular scene is to the story. I've never seen anything as masterful as Breaking Bad. Expand
  97. Aug 16, 2013
    The actors in Breaking Bad were spot on, I don't remember one bad actor in this show. The plot was very interesting and hard to keep your eyes away. 10/10
  98. Jun 5, 2014
    This is how TV should be done. A story that has never been seen before, tremendous acting skills, and cliffhangers at every turn. If you've never watched Breaking Bad, you should. ****
  99. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season starts Breaking Bad off with a bang, and the intentionally dark nature and constant plot twists make you want to keep watching. Cranston and Paul make a perfectly contrasting pair, and as a result watching the smallest arguments between them is entertaining.
  100. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.