Breaking Bad : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.2

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  3. Feb 2, 2012
    I love the show but what sucks about this season is that its only 6 episodes long. It doesnt allow much time to develope the characters and it took a while for the show to get really interesting. The acting on the show is good but struggles a little at times through out the season. I still enjoyed the show and its a must watch.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    The best show ever made begins. It did have a great season. Breaking Bad will later become the best show ever made. That's how awesome this shows becomes
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry.The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry. That only leaves room for improvement in future seasons. Having just finished season 1 on Netflix for the first time, I can say I'm hooked and look forward to the following four seasons of what I hear is one of the best on TV in recent years. Expand
  6. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    AMC's Breaking Bad is a terrific show, that has won an unprecedented number of awards, but it's one that is extremely difficult to get into. The show is centered on High School chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who discovers he's dying from cancer. Determined not to leave his family with nothing, White teams up with his former student and local drug dealer, Jesse PinkmanAMC's Breaking Bad is a terrific show, that has won an unprecedented number of awards, but it's one that is extremely difficult to get into. The show is centered on High School chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who discovers he's dying from cancer. Determined not to leave his family with nothing, White teams up with his former student and local drug dealer, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in an attempt to process and sell crystal meth. Producing the drug isn't the hard part, it's distributing it while staying out of trouble. That's easier said than done, especially when your wife is on your case 24/7, and your brother in-law is a DEA agent.

This show is terrific and worth every second I've spent watching it, but I almost missed out. The pilot episode was not a strong one, in fact, many fans of the show have called it the worst episode of the entire series. If you can make it passed that, the first season isn't much better. The first season is extremely dark and depressing, focusing mainly on Walt's illness and the effect it has on his family. It really wasn't easy to watch, especially if you've like me, and have had family go through the same thing.

The good news is that after the depressing 7 episode first season, the show gets much much better. The network or the producers had to have to seen the same thing that everyone saw and the attention of future episodes is centered around Walt and Jesse's growing business and the problems they have, including nosy family members, the DEA, seedy people looking for a taste, and of course rival dealers and gangs. The show really picks up in the second season and starts to evolve into the award winning crime drama it has become.

Bryan Cranston plays Walt and how good is he? He has won 3 Emmy's, and has been nominated every season the show has been on. The man he plays is so complicated that you really needed the very best actor you could find to play him. Walt White is a mess of emotions, concealed within a strong persona, it's this concealment that also helps to keep his conscience at bay, most of the time.

Jesse Pinkman is played by Aaron Paul who is also very good. Paul himself has been nominated for four Emmy's, winning twice, and will now and forever be required to call people Paul is a very good actor and does a great job playing a character who I find to be extremely annoying. Jesse is always managing to thing up, he's always putting them at risk by saying stupid things and doing stupid things. To be honest with you, I don't care much for the character, but the fact that the character, as opposed to the actor, annoys me, shows how strong his performances is.

Walt's family is also a main stay in the show, his wife Skyler (Anna Gunn), is as strong a housewife as I have ever seen. There is nothing Skyler White won't say and she is often Walt's morale compass, albeit one that is remarkably nosy and unappreciative. His son is played by newcomer R.J. Mitte whose handicapped angle is actually real. Mitte was born with cerebral palsy, which effects his speech and movements. He admits that he over-dramatizes the effects for the show, but he is still handicapped in real life and one hell of an inspirational person. Through it all he has never let anyone tell him he can't do anything and he has been open and upfront about his condition to anyone who has asked him about it. He's really an inspiration kid, who took a handicapped and used it to his advantage.

Finally, Walt's brother-in-law, DEA Agent, Hank Schrader (Dean Norris), brings much needed comic relief to a show that can be hard to watch sometimes. Besides being a great cop, Schrader has a personality that is larger than life. Even in the context of a show, where the cops are the bad guys, you find yourself drawn to Schrader and rooting him on.

Breaking Bad has won a total of 7 Emmy Awards and is one of the highest rated shows in cable history. The show most defiantly fits into the category of addictive television, but unlike it's neighboring show, The Walking Dead. The acting is as believable as it gets and the story just gets better and better every season. If you can make it through the slow and depressing first season, you will find an unbelievable show that may very well be one of the best that cable has ever seen.
  8. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que noBrutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  9. Jul 25, 2015
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However, any flaws present here are largely overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  10. Nov 12, 2016
    Очень качественно, но местами было ощущение затянутости некоторых диалогов, возможно нас просто очень близко знакомят с персонажами. Могу сказать, что у них получилось. За 7 серий я уже начинаю им сопереживать. Около 90% времени - это диалоги, которые интересно слушать.
    Надеюсь дальше будет только лучше.
    Надеюсь дальше будет только лучше.
  11. Feb 19, 2013
    It was too short to make any impact, but it succeeded in doing the one thing that most shows can only hope for_ make the audience crave for more. As a standalone it's unimpressive and can't hold its own against the first seasons of other great shows like Lost and Battlestar Galactica.
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    the first season of breaking bad is good but still has stories in the first season that did not need to be counted or are useless but even so this was a good season.
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  15. Mar 30, 2015
  16. Aug 17, 2014
  17. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  18. Mar 20, 2013
    Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters.Breaking Bad will end up being one of the greatest shows ever shown on TV. The 7 episode first season has a different feel from the rest of the show; the always prevalent humor is at its strongest here as the Jesse/Walt dynamic is working itself out. It starts off with a bang in the Pilot and only lets down for a couple of episodes in the middle of the season to develop its characters. While this does slow the overall pace, these episodes were absolutely crucial. The greatest aspect of the show might have to be its undeniable unpredictability, highlighted by the extremely volatile Tuco introduced towards the end. Must watch! 9.1/10 Expand
  19. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  20. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  21. Sep 29, 2011
    Goddamn. This could be the greatest show on TV. **** it. It is. Nothing else any any other network can parallel the unpredictability and pure genuis that steams from this show. It's thre greatest show since The Wire.
  22. Mar 27, 2014
    Primera temporada fue buena, tuvo momentos muy buenos, un Walter White que reciene entra a este mundo criminal con la fabricacion de la metanfetamina azul, pese a tener solo 7 episodios en su haber por culpa de la huelga de guionistas en 2007, esta temporada sirve para que conozcas a los protagonistas y por supuesto a Walter y a Jesse, y las situaciones en que se meten.
  23. Apr 18, 2016
    Hands down one of the best TV series ever made, and one of the very few to deserve a 10.

The tension, drama, and acting are really what makes this show so special. Though I can tell you after having re-watched the whole series recently, another great point is what you'll get out of watching it again and seeing what you missed the first time around.
  24. Jan 12, 2015
    Very good television beyond belief, it hits you where you're most sensitive and isn't afraid to take a piece out of the viewer by sinking the subject matter to a place very few show's have ever done.
  25. Aug 6, 2015
    Slowly but surely we feel a part of Walter White's world. This is not Breaking Bad at it's finest but it still does more than enough to develop an intrigue and fondness within us towards a series with a lot of potential. In truth the first season lays the ground for Breaking Bad to go ahead and make real progress. There is potential for an engrossing story and captivating performances within it.
  26. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    A short, but sweet taste of a show with a lot of promise. Let's see what they do with it.
  28. Dec 20, 2013
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However any flaws present here are overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    Better than The Walking Dead. The story is fantastic and original and the writing is amazing. I've never than more engaged to characters in my life. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have fantastic chemistry on screen. I can't stop watching.
  30. Feb 20, 2016
    "You wanna cook chrystal metch?"

Początek czegoś wspaniałego… 1 sezon jest dla mnie prologiem dla całej serii dlatego też daje mu tak niską (na tle innych) ocenę.
  31. Feb 15, 2017
    Breaking Bad season 1 may not reach the same levels as the following seasons, but it still in itself is amazing. From the very beginning it introduces a believable and lovable family, with fully fleshed out characters and an interesting plot that keeps you always wanting to come back for more. It has terrific performances, writing, and direction from beginning to end. It is a must see for all.
  32. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  33. Jul 9, 2014
    Хоть начало сногсшибательной криминальной драмы и может показаться достаточно унылым, стоит помнить, что самый сок еще впереди.
  34. Oct 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad misturas desespero e desonestidade e bota o espectador para se questionar, enquanto isso você sente medo, dó, nojo, ódio. Uma premissa angustiante que usa um vilão bonzinho, a pergunta ate quando? ate onde?
  35. Dec 18, 2015
    Season of Breaking Bad is very original and very interesting to watch. Walt and Jessie are two very good main characters and do a great job playing their character.
  36. Feb 1, 2013
    Totally awesome show! You never know what's going to happen next. I've been hooked on this show since it first started. I can't wait for Season 6!!!!!
  37. Nov 27, 2014
    The score is for the entire series not the individual season.

The show is great. Pretty good crime drama. Story was good, acting was good. I wish the ending was a bit more elaborate than just, well , if you seen it you know how it ends. I recommend you watch it if you haven't.
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    Easily one of the best shows on TV. Very original and Cranston is amazing in this. The one disapointing thing is that there are very few episodes so there isnt enough time to establish any plots or backstories for the future season. Acting is great and its highly addicting to watch.
  39. Dec 20, 2011
    Definently one of the best new shows on TV with this season however there were so few episodes that it really didnt give the show time to develop the story at all. It also took quite a bit to really get into the show. I still loved it though, Bryan Cranston is untouchable in his role as Walter White. The rest of the cast is solid as well. A must see imo.
  40. Jun 13, 2017
    The first season of Breaking Bad is a promising start to something that will turn to become one of the best dramas and TV shows of all time. While it might have not every thing down to a tee, the shows characters and thematics start to creep through and throw you for a ride of the path less taken. Seeing Walt hesitantly enter the drug business and watch the partner relationship of him andThe first season of Breaking Bad is a promising start to something that will turn to become one of the best dramas and TV shows of all time. While it might have not every thing down to a tee, the shows characters and thematics start to creep through and throw you for a ride of the path less taken. Seeing Walt hesitantly enter the drug business and watch the partner relationship of him and Jesse Pinkman is nothing short of great to watch. Expand
  41. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  42. Jun 6, 2013
    Breaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one ofBreaking Bad is insanely good! The first 7 episodes serve no other purpose but to set up what's to come in future seasons. But as a sort of prologue, interestingly, Breaking Bad is highly engaging and addictive all the while. Excellent performances, strong direction, interesting storylines with great potential, great tone and moods, and a surprising amount of humor make Breaking Bad one of the absolute best things on television, hands down. Expand
  43. Oct 18, 2013
    I watched this show from its humble roots until its huge finale. While I love this show, I can't honestly say I enjoyed it from head to toe. While the finale 3 seasons are beyond amazing, there were only bits and pieces of the first 2 years that I truly enjoyed (A Crazy Handful of Nothing being my longstanding favorite until season 4's "Crawlspace"). This is a truly great series, don'tI watched this show from its humble roots until its huge finale. While I love this show, I can't honestly say I enjoyed it from head to toe. While the finale 3 seasons are beyond amazing, there were only bits and pieces of the first 2 years that I truly enjoyed (A Crazy Handful of Nothing being my longstanding favorite until season 4's "Crawlspace"). This is a truly great series, don't just pass it off if you don't like the earlier episodes. Expand
  44. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  45. Apr 6, 2016
    This is the best Crime Drama show running on television alongside Dexter. The writing is simply brilliant, tough the series is a little slow but the acting of Bryan Cranston is outstanding.
  46. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  47. Apr 15, 2013
    An excellent start for one of the best television series of recent years. Bryan Cranston, showing his great quality, after playing perfectly the role of Walter White.
  48. Aug 22, 2014
    I've only till a couple months ago learned why this show is rated as it is. Intense and human acting, with some f the best writing a basic cable television show has to offer. And an interesting story line to top it off. This is the show that will go down in history forever.
  49. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  50. May 27, 2015
    Despite some awkward dialogue and some less than perfect acting throughout the 7 episodes, the direction and intriguing story of this show set it up for future seasons. A fantastic premise for a show
  51. Jul 30, 2016
    Breaking Bad is a complete show that's centered around the most challenging of human drama but intermixes comedy, action, and suspense into the core of the story.
  52. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  53. May 21, 2013
  54. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, itAbsolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  55. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  56. Mar 14, 2013
    good show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long asgood show, to write a show where the main character is so unlikeable but yet so damn watchable is a great effort. reminds me in that regard of vic mackay on the shield. love to hate them. season 5 feels a little clumsy. but will be worthwhile if the writers find the right ending. like to point out how badly sopranos ended, and also how f#$%ing brilliantly the shield ends. as long as walter gets what he deserves in the end i will probably be very satisfied Expand
  57. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  58. Sep 25, 2013
    love the show, this season its bored for some people, but its a masterpiece, in this season you can see the major changes of Walter White, i love this show, its my favourite by far
  59. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  60. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  61. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Nov 12, 2013
    Foi com certeza, a temporada mais fraca da série, de início você não enxerga a genialidade dela, mas depois você percebe o quanto ela foi importante para o desenvolvimento da série. Breaking Bad uma obra prima.
  63. Jun 1, 2013
    Brilliant first season of one of the best shows on television at the moment. The two main characters portray some of the best acting I've seen in years. All tied up in a nice bow with a fantastic storyline with lots of real issues and emotions. And lets face it, we can all see a little bit of ourselves in this series.
  64. May 25, 2015
    This is one of the best drama TV series to appear on our screens over the past few years. The acting is perfect, direction is quality and production values are high. During each series, there is one or two slow episodes - but watching every episode of every series gives back a lot to the soul.
  65. Apr 11, 2017
    I can't even know how to say how awesome this was. The best TV Show i've seen so far in my life. After some less entertaining first episodes i wasn't expecting something so great to come. The transformation of Walter White is amazing and Bryan Cranston is a name i will never forget. Nowadays companies keep selling us what we want to see and they end up screwing up in the story line by notI can't even know how to say how awesome this was. The best TV Show i've seen so far in my life. After some less entertaining first episodes i wasn't expecting something so great to come. The transformation of Walter White is amazing and Bryan Cranston is a name i will never forget. Nowadays companies keep selling us what we want to see and they end up screwing up in the story line by not stopping where they should be. This was exactly what i wanted for so long. Something amazing from the beginning to the end. It keeps getting better and end up big and it will be remembered as one of the best Series of All Time. Expand
  66. Aug 30, 2013
    Not as great as the other seasons but despite that the show is brilliant, the performances of the whole cast but specially of Cranston and Paul are excellent, the directing and the writing are also really good. The beginning of one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
  67. May 28, 2015
    La temporada 1 de Breaking Bad fue el inicio en el que mi opinion, nacio la mejor serie de la historia de la TV. Tal vez empieza un poco lenta, muchas conversaciones para los que son amantes de Duro de Matar y mucha accion.
    Pero cada cap fue increible y a esta temporada le doy un 9.
  68. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  69. Aug 28, 2012
    Just got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked byJust got the first season on dvd. Stayed up until 7 a.m. watching it and now I'm dead tired but I couldn't tear my eyes away, even from some of the talkative scenes, because this is the best TV show I have seen in . . . well, maybe ever. Bryan Cranston is everything that he is worked up to be and the rest of the cast is awesome too. I can't remember the last time I was genuinely shocked by the direction the show turned, and also so satisfied in it. Can't wait to get the next season and supposedly it gets even better. Wow. Watch this show. It won't disappoint, not even for a second. Expand
  70. Nov 26, 2012
    Instantly gripping show. I really am excited to see how this progresses. Love Bryan Cranston, there's a surprising moment in pretty much every episode.
  71. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutelyI admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  72. Mar 29, 2015
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show we are ever going to get. Perfect Writing, Perfect Casting, Perfect Story. Everything about this show is awesome, there is only 1 slightly meh episode in my opinion and it's the Fly one in season 3. Everything else is LEGENDARY.

73. Jan 7, 2015
    Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10Season 1 of Breaking Bad is an incredibly strong opening for the show. It has incredible acting, a very strong story, and just a perfect level of violence. Although this season did move a bit slow, it is perfect in every other aspect. After all, I have only watched this season so far, and people keep telling me it gets even better with each season. So I am very excited to watch them! 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
  74. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  75. Feb 19, 2013
    The genius of Breaking Bad is that it is believable. The acting is top notch (RJ Mitte, who plays Walter's son is incredible!) This is everything that makes the arts great. I love this show.
  76. Jan 28, 2013
    Perfect TV show. The acting is amazing, as well as the deep plot (which contains easter eggs) and audio. I can't say anything more but WATCH IT! Recommended!
  77. Oct 24, 2013
    People are just stupid! STUPID!

Someone tells them that a show is a hit or something and they start watching it. People used to find this show boring and slow, it was a cult show, but now everybody are watching it! I find Bryan Cranston amazing! He is so captivating! Young Aaron is quite good too. But the story-line? They try to make this show grounded to reality, when is so
    People are just stupid! STUPID!

I find Bryan Cranston amazing! He is so captivating! Young Aaron is quite good too. But the story-line? They try to make this show grounded to reality, when is so illogical and so film-ish, I just can't stand it. People clearly haven't heard of European cinema where the real gritty realism can be found! This is fake! You know you are watching a TV series.

Walter White and Bryan Cranston are the only reason anyone should watch this show! Nothing else! The title made me wanna continue with the show, because I can see the glory that awaits us soon after Walter truly breaks bad!

The acting is great, the direction is also great, but the plotting is stupid and illogical for a show that tries to be logical and real! What I am saying is that: The show isn't that bad, It's just isn't good either. It's just a show!
  78. Dec 15, 2015
    Breaking Bad's first season is not as good as the rest, but if this is seriously the worst they could do, then you have to know that the show is great. Amazing, actually. This first season has many highlights. The pilot alone is more than enough to watch the whole thing. I personally found the story very interesting and the characters as well. Now I will say this: the show, clearly, is notBreaking Bad's first season is not as good as the rest, but if this is seriously the worst they could do, then you have to know that the show is great. Amazing, actually. This first season has many highlights. The pilot alone is more than enough to watch the whole thing. I personally found the story very interesting and the characters as well. Now I will say this: the show, clearly, is not for everyone. This season is very graphic sometimes, depicting violence and such, but I feel that makes it very realistic too, which is a good thing. And by the end you'll be left hungry for more. Expand
  79. Jul 7, 2016
    Amazing plot, amazing characters! Great acting tho! It's basically everything I search for in a Tv Show. The end got me in a puddle of tears and now I don't know what to do with my life, actually. Every episode kept me on the edge of my seat. Such a shame it ended :(
  80. Jun 29, 2011
    Breaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flowBreaking Bad features absolutely outstanding character development from the get-go. The acting is superb and the show is very realistic and gritty. The plots are usually clever and have great builds, keeping the suspense going often until satisfying pay offs. Breaking Bad isn't afraid to let the story breathe, not rushing into contrived developments but instead letting the story flow almost effortlessly. The first season is very well done beginning to end and easily made it one of the best shows on TV. Overall score: 9/10 Expand
  81. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week!If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  82. Oct 2, 2013
    By far not the best season but it set things up so perfectly despite having the least amount of meat in the show. It stars Bryan Cranston as Walter H. White, a high school chemistry teacher who "breaks bad" with a former student Jesse Pinkman portrayed by Aaron Paul and we see them make and manufacture Crystal Meth this may sound off to someone who hasn't seen the show but I suggest youBy far not the best season but it set things up so perfectly despite having the least amount of meat in the show. It stars Bryan Cranston as Walter H. White, a high school chemistry teacher who "breaks bad" with a former student Jesse Pinkman portrayed by Aaron Paul and we see them make and manufacture Crystal Meth this may sound off to someone who hasn't seen the show but I suggest you watch one episode and you will be hooked the writing is so tight, no pun intended and I haven't seen any thing like it since Dexter Season 4. 8/10. The Best TV Show I have ever seen. Expand
  83. Jan 21, 2016
    Just like that, Breaking Bad got inside my life, and i have now to live like an idiot, constantly criticizing other TV shows, Breaking Bad make me believe in perfect storytelling. This is a very good beginning for a perfect show, even though i didn't liked that much the first time i watched it. Bryan Cranston in the best actor in the world. This is how it all started. 9/10
  84. Dec 11, 2014
    "Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters"Breaking Bad" was all I heard for a while. It took me months to actually sit back and watch the first episode. And scene 1, I was hooked. If I don't limit myself, this review could become a 200-page document, so I'll just leave it like this: the casting is great, the performances are phenomenal (best I've seen), the cinematography is amazing, the writing deep and perfect, the characters are perfect, everything else is perfect, the moral dilemmas are perfect... Let's just say: "Breaking Bad is a perfect mix". Expand
  85. Sep 10, 2010
    Striking an almost perfect balance between drama and pitch black comedy, Breaking Bad proves to be smart, fiendishly clever entertainment. Sort of like a TV version of Fargo.
  86. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  87. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  88. Aug 29, 2012
    I have to admit the show is very good. But for some reason I did not get into it. Good thing about the show is, the characters actions are very real. They have motives, reasons and consequences for their actions.
  89. Oct 23, 2011
    This show will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat like no other. Especially every time it gets toward the end of a season, good lord. It really is the best show I've seen in years personally.
  90. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  91. Mar 17, 2012
    This show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actorsThis show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actors and actresses, 8 to 10 tactile and purposeful writers, one visionary cinematographer, and a single, unanimous vision of a small corner of lower-middle class life in Albuquerque that all these people see and follow unerringly to its bleak and deadly end. This transcends television. This is true art. Expand
  92. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad that the 5th season will be the last, but the story will remain timeless due to this shows wonderous philosophical agenda best show on basic cable in years
  93. Oct 9, 2012
    A little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually becomeA little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually become one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  94. May 23, 2013
    One of the best crime series of all time
  95. Jun 20, 2013
    Season One of Breaking Bad wasn't the greatest, but it was a good enough introduction to the show. If you just start watching Breaking Bad, then don't be put off by this season. It just gets better and better with time.
  96. Jul 4, 2013
    Breaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good oneBreaking Bad is not only very similar to Dexter, but its also equally great, being the two best shows currently running (and both having their final season!). Breaking Bad combines everything good from a TV show good acting, good plot, plot twists, great audio, fresh ideas, intense moments, it has it all. I definitely recommend to watch this TV show as there will not be such a good one around for quite some time. Expand
  97. Sep 23, 2013
    Good god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, thatGood god, this show could hardly get any better for me. With the exception of how much I despise Anna Gunn and her character, Skylar, this show is truly the best I have ever seen. Yes, it may have an occasional flaw/oversight, but nothing in this world is perfect. As far as I am concerned, this is as good as television gets. If you don't like it for its subject matter or the violence, that is fine. But I can't fathom anybody walking away from this show saying that it isn't a top notch production. Expand
  98. Nov 26, 2013
    I didn't get into this show until Season 5 part 2 almost came around, but I wish I got into it sooner, this is easily the greatest live-action show I've ever seen.
  99. Oct 22, 2014
    Alright then. I did not watch all of the series yet, in fact, Iam at Season 2 Episode 12 right now. As far as I can tell, is this probably the best TV series I have ever watched! Seriously, it's just amazing! It is a real joy to watch this series so far and I will definetely continue to watch this show.
    But there is one thing I want to say right now. And in fact, it is not even important for a review but I just hate or think that following characters are **** unnecessary(so far in the show, in my opinion).
    Skyler
    Jesse(like seriously, who the **** is this nobody? Well, probably this is the hole point of him; being nobody)
    Jane(hate her so **** much)
    And yeah, that's it. Iam sorry if this is not a proper review but I just wanted to make statement about this show and the characters. Still my favourite show so far together with The Walking Dead and of course Game of Thrones! :D
  100. Jan 9, 2016
    The series starts off a bit slow after the first couple of episodes but then takes off from there. This show was very well written and one of those shows in which I had to watch the new episode right away. I actually watched this series twice and was just as good the second time around.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.