Breaking Bad : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. MatthewH
    Feb 5, 2008
    Good pilot, second episode got even better! Very funny while maintaining a serious and real tone.
  2. BW
    Mar 10, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I don't ever remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I keep waiting every week for a new episode!
  3. BenA.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great show with wonderful acting. With every week the plot adds more to keep you watching.
  4. BushM.
    Feb 5, 2008
    very well done
  5. jarreda
    Mar 10, 2008
    I don't watch drama tv generally, but i can actually watch this. Excellent show.
  6. Kyleg
    Mar 10, 2008
    This show is great. Completely original and very well-written. Now I can start making my own drugs! jk...
  7. BillB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Great writing and acting exloring themes in ways not previously tackled in tv series,
  8. AJR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is a wonderful, gritty, compelling show. Excellent writing and outstanding acting, this show is bound to win many awards. Our favorite of this, and many, seasons. Hope there's more of it!
  9. FaustoF.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very good show. Hooked me in and now I can't stop watching. Can't wait for the next episode!
  10. DennisW.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Later episodes don't have quite the wacky edginess as the first couple, but it's an interesting ride and introspective - always looking forward to the next episode.
  11. EssaM.
    Jan 2, 2009
    I have now watch the last 5 episode. It is very good acting. Overall the story line is perfect as it has all elements of suprise as well as emotions. Only thing i can complain about is that it is a bit slow from time to time, and there is some wierd clips so u don't understand why the clip is there just very random. Also it sorta reminds me of Weeds. It is very very dark TV series. I have now watch the last 5 episode. It is very good acting. Overall the story line is perfect as it has all elements of suprise as well as emotions. Only thing i can complain about is that it is a bit slow from time to time, and there is some wierd clips so u don't understand why the clip is there just very random. Also it sorta reminds me of Weeds. It is very very dark TV series. Out of all and everything which has come out this year this is the suprise of the year. Other then that i have to give it a good 9 or even 9.5 as i am looking forward for the second season. Expand
  12. BrandonR
    Mar 31, 2010
    The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  13. FredW.
    Awesome.
  14. ChuckC
    Jan 21, 2008
    What a great show , it had me thinking of it all night.
  15. WesM
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome pilot, at times hilarious and others heartbreaking; can't wait for the next episode.
  16. helloyou
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome show. Perfect balance of drama and comedy and easily relate-able at times. Very much like the movie, Falling Down, but I actually enjoyed this hour long episode more than that movie. I hope it is able to keep it up.
  17. TheDude
    Jan 25, 2008
    The pilot was terrific! This show has wonderful potential... Bryan Cranston is doing some of the finest acting you'll see on TV. Can't wait for Sunday again; I think this'll be one of the best shows on TV.
  18. khalid
    Jan 30, 2008
    Great show includes quality acting by Cranston and moody direction creates a show I can get behind for a season at least.
  19. ScottH.
    Feb 29, 2008
    One of the greatest shows of this decade. I'm in love.
  20. BenH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    This show is amazing. It plays like a film and breaks barriers about what can be on TV. I have not been this excited about a TV series since The Sopranos or Six Feet Under. Watch and be amazed by the plot, acting, and emotional reaction you have.
  21. JarredS
    Awsome!
  22. hrw.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely stunning. Brian Cranston is absolutely riveting to watch. Walter White is a fascinating character - i love the developing dynamic between him and jesse, as well as his transformation into nihilistic drug mastermind. one of the best shows on television, period.
  23. MattK.
    Mar 26, 2008
    It is simply astounding how AMC has been able to hit the nail so squarely on the head with two out of two original series so far. I thought it might suffer from comparisons to Mad Men, but Breaking Bad is easily just as compelling. Well done AMC, you're batting 1000!
  24. MilesB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Rich with suspense and irony throughout, Bad will capture the imagination of one-hour-drama fans. Acting is solid, characters are pretty much believable despite sometimes the writing can use a bit of tweaking to avoid flat characterization but it's far more entertaining than the usual tired shows and it leaves the viewer always asking what happens next.
  25. FredW.
    Awesome.
  26. RL
    Mar 8, 2008
    Bryan Cranston is the only good part of this show. The character relationships aren't believable and Jesse's dialog might have been fresh 10 years ago.
  27. MichaelG.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Very good, a bit derivate of "Weeds" (try summing up the plot in a few sentences and you realize how similar the two really are), but "BB" is somewhat more realistic and definitely more hard-hitting. It really doesn't hold back--and you better have a strong stomach to be able to deal with all the extreme close-ups of Walt's protean suffering. Definitely a keeper for next year, Very good, a bit derivate of "Weeds" (try summing up the plot in a few sentences and you realize how similar the two really are), but "BB" is somewhat more realistic and definitely more hard-hitting. It really doesn't hold back--and you better have a strong stomach to be able to deal with all the extreme close-ups of Walt's protean suffering. Definitely a keeper for next year, if only because the entire first season read like one extended pilot--very slow but ultimately extremely satisfying. Expand
  28. DerekB
    Jan 10, 2009
    This show is so real it hurts. I know from experience. The acting is top notch. The story is believable and they don't glorify the drugs. They let you know how scary the world of meth is. Ready for season 2!
  29. NatoT.
    Nov 2, 2008
    This show may actually be enough to move creator Vince Gilligan out of the X-files shadow that he has been forced to live in for so long. Amazing altogether, i give it the best show on television nomination.
  30. LelandK
    What a great pilot!!!

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.