Breaking Bad : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.2

1. Oct 24, 2012
    Season 1 of HBO's Breaking Bad is a superbly acted and well crafted prologue to one of television's greatest gems, introducing the viewer to its compelling characters and plot lines while maintaining an addictive tempo.
  2. Jul 22, 2012
    One word: Amazing.
    Every critic that was given to this show is well-deserved and yes, it is getting better from season to season.
    The reason for this is - in my mind - very simple and obvious: Each season builds on the next, so in the end you just have one string of action, which extends more and more. I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite
    One word: Amazing.

I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite instantly!
    Season 5 is no exception!
  3. Oct 9, 2012
    A little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually becomeA little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually become one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2012
    A short, but sweet taste of a show with a lot of promise. Let's see what they do with it.
  5. helloyou
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome show. Perfect balance of drama and comedy and easily relate-able at times. Very much like the movie, Falling Down, but I actually enjoyed this hour long episode more than that movie. I hope it is able to keep it up.
  6. MichaelG.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Very good, a bit derivate of "Weeds" (try summing up the plot in a few sentences and you realize how similar the two really are), but "BB" is somewhat more realistic and definitely more hard-hitting. It really doesn't hold back--and you better have a strong stomach to be able to deal with all the extreme close-ups of Walt's protean suffering. Definitely a keeper for next year, Very good, a bit derivate of "Weeds" (try summing up the plot in a few sentences and you realize how similar the two really are), but "BB" is somewhat more realistic and definitely more hard-hitting. It really doesn't hold back--and you better have a strong stomach to be able to deal with all the extreme close-ups of Walt's protean suffering. Definitely a keeper for next year, if only because the entire first season read like one extended pilot--very slow but ultimately extremely satisfying. Expand
  7. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Fantastic acting. Immense writing. Wonderful storyline and the probably the best drama show I've watched for a long time. Glad BB exists. A benchmark for new shows.
  9. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  10. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  12. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  14. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  15. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Easily one of the best shows on TV. Very original and Cranston is amazing in this. The one disapointing thing is that there are very few episodes so there isnt enough time to establish any plots or backstories for the future season. Acting is great and its highly addicting to watch.
  17. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  18. Apr 28, 2012
    This is actually my favourite TV show. I found out about it from Netflix and I got hooked. Every episode is interesting and I love the characters. Walt's wife is kind of annoying but aside from that this show is amazing in every way.
  19. Mar 18, 2012
    This is an outstanding Tv-series... highly addicted! All performances, script, music, production will blow you away... Surely the best series I've seen... Five stars *****
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  21. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  22. Jul 30, 2013
    I am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who isI am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to cooking meth to helping his families finances. He gets the help of former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) who is a drug dealer himself and together they make the high quality meth. Together through good and bad they seem to look out for each other and oddly have a good friendship as the show goes on although it may be hard to see. This TV show is one of the all time greats and I am going to watch the first half of season five again before the next part of it comes out August 11th which will sadly be the last part of this epic series. Expand
  23. Jul 27, 2013
    This is one of the best shows on television and if I'm being biased it is the best. The plot is wonderfully woven and ties LITERALLY everything together, without a single loose end. You'd be amazed at how many characters and occurrences come back to haunt these poor characters. Every action leads to more consequences, and no good deed (or bad) goes unpunished. This show isn't an actionThis is one of the best shows on television and if I'm being biased it is the best. The plot is wonderfully woven and ties LITERALLY everything together, without a single loose end. You'd be amazed at how many characters and occurrences come back to haunt these poor characters. Every action leads to more consequences, and no good deed (or bad) goes unpunished. This show isn't an action adventure, it's a pretty heavy and dark drama, with just enough comedy to not make it depressing. One thing you must know before watching this show though is that it takes its time, you have to let it move along and place some very necessary pieces that (as I mentioned before) will lead to some very interesting and occasionally intense places. However it isn't ever boring, there is always something going on to entertain you or keep your interest. The longer you watch it, the more you will invest into it, the more you invest into it the more you get out of it, and believe me by (at the very latest) season 3 you will start to really get some awesome stuff out of it.

All of this is not even mentioning this how has some of the best casting/acting, surpassing, or at the very least tying, even the likes of Game of Thrones. The character development is top-notch, especially for Walter White who, in case you didn't know SPOILER ALERT: goes from the protagonist to the antagonist. It also has some epic cinematography, and sound-design.

As my favorite show, I of course give it a 10 out of 10.
  24. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  25. Sep 6, 2013
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!!
  26. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  27. Sep 5, 2014
    very interesting !!!xdrtresteysetrtsre gsesrtrterhfeygstretggretuurruuugbriegeruig eirgieriueutertihuuugnneritie eiirtiieritieirtieiriigereirteiiertuhein ieeteeeerterte eterte
  28. Oct 2, 2014
    This show is just amazing,I loved every episode,This is one of my favorite shows......

But....It's not for everyone ,This show is not safe for people under the age of 15....

But it is enjoyable for pretty much everyone else :D
  29. Feb 2, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Next to the Sopranos, the best serialized TV show I have seen. Very different plot, it all works. The boring chemistry teacher discovering his hidden personality. The scenic back drop of New Mexico. Great acting by all the regular characters. The weird, once in a lifetime characters seemingly introduced every episode. The "chicken man" , one of the baddest bad guys in TV history. Every season was good. Every character added something to the plot. It was just a great TV show . Expand
  30. May 10, 2016
    Very good , Best, veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooooooooooodd :DDDD , besttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.