• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.2

1. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  2. matta
    Sep 30, 2009
    Good call Doug Elfman. I bet you feel like a douche now that the series has grown into the best thing on TV.
  3. BrandonR
    Mar 31, 2010
    The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  4. May 21, 2013
    This is the best Crime Drama show running on television alongside Dexter. The writing is simply brilliant, tough the series is a little slow but the acting of Bryan Cranston is outstanding.
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots.It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots. This is one masterpiece of a series, and i really want to suck up the damn final part of season 5, but till then we have to wait for summer 2013. That´s a downside too. You have to wait nearly a whole year for a new season, but at least it´s worth it! WATCH IT! It´s a legendary TV Show you need to watch! Expand
  6. jarreda
    Mar 10, 2008
    I don't watch drama tv generally, but i can actually watch this. Excellent show.
  7. MatthewH
    Feb 5, 2008
    Good pilot, second episode got even better! Very funny while maintaining a serious and real tone.
  8. BW
    Mar 10, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I don't ever remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I keep waiting every week for a new episode!
  9. BenA.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great show with wonderful acting. With every week the plot adds more to keep you watching.
  10. Kyleg
    Mar 10, 2008
    This show is great. Completely original and very well-written. Now I can start making my own drugs! jk...
  11. BillB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Great writing and acting exloring themes in ways not previously tackled in tv series,
  12. AJR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is a wonderful, gritty, compelling show. Excellent writing and outstanding acting, this show is bound to win many awards. Our favorite of this, and many, seasons. Hope there's more of it!
  13. FredW.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Awesome.
  14. TheDude
    Jan 25, 2008
    The pilot was terrific! This show has wonderful potential... Bryan Cranston is doing some of the finest acting you'll see on TV. Can't wait for Sunday again; I think this'll be one of the best shows on TV.
  15. khalid
    Jan 30, 2008
    Great show includes quality acting by Cranston and moody direction creates a show I can get behind for a season at least.
  16. ScottH.
    Feb 29, 2008
    One of the greatest shows of this decade. I'm in love.
  17. NatoT.
    Nov 2, 2008
    This show may actually be enough to move creator Vince Gilligan out of the X-files shadow that he has been forced to live in for so long. Amazing altogether, i give it the best show on television nomination.
  18. ShawnL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    It feels so cliche to vote 10 but then again, I probably wouldn't be voting if I didn't feel that this is one of the top five shows I've seen in the past few years. It's novel and well executed.
  19. nicolew
    Mar 29, 2009
    Never before have I uttered the words "I LOVE THAT SHOW!". I enjoy other shows, but none hold my attention and anticiapation as much as this show does. Breaking Bad is the best series I have ever seen, mixing just enough of the impossible and the ordinary. I can't get enough!
  20. JohnW.
    Mar 13, 2008
    I gave it a ten, maybe it should be a 9. Either way I think it is a definite must see and I'd say one of the top ten shows on tv this year. It an excellent story plot. The underdog with cancer, doing things behind the scenes that nobody expects to be in his personality. If you liked the movie "Falling Down", you'll love this show.
  21. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  22. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  23. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Collapse
  24. Jul 20, 2011
    Best show ever ! I tell all my friends they must watch it. Thanks from France
  25. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hookedAt first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a little disappointing that Season 1 has such a low critic ranking here; it deserves better. I love the first Season of Breaking Bad because it really does set up what happens next. Obvious, yes, but the people that don't like this season aren't watching it for the right reasons. Us as viewers are watching this season to look at Walter White's life before he becomes Heisenberg later. His chilling first kill, his friendship with Jesse. The cancer; everything.

The season is filled with action, and even episodes that don't really feature that (Grey Matter) are great at setting the groundwork of what's to come, particularly Walt's speech in Season 5 where he expresses regret in leaving the company.

Breaking Bad is an absolutely brilliant show.
  27. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week!If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutelyI admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2013
    Just one of the best show you could possibly watch, probably the best of the best. I've always asked myself what this season could be without the "cut" to seven episodes.
  30. Jul 22, 2013
    Simply put, the best TV show ever made. Flawless and brilliant. The characters are great, the acting is superb, the story is never less than compelling, and the flourishes are stunning.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.