• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. MatthewH
    Feb 5, 2008
    Good pilot, second episode got even better! Very funny while maintaining a serious and real tone.
  2. BW
    Mar 10, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I don't ever remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I keep waiting every week for a new episode!
  3. BushM.
    Feb 5, 2008
    very well done
  4. jarreda
    Mar 10, 2008
    I don't watch drama tv generally, but i can actually watch this. Excellent show.
  5. BillB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Great writing and acting exloring themes in ways not previously tackled in tv series,
  6. AJR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is a wonderful, gritty, compelling show. Excellent writing and outstanding acting, this show is bound to win many awards. Our favorite of this, and many, seasons. Hope there's more of it!
  7. FaustoF.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very good show. Hooked me in and now I can't stop watching. Can't wait for the next episode!
  8. BrandonR
    Mar 31, 2010
    The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  9. FredW.
  10. ChuckC
    Jan 21, 2008
    What a great show , it had me thinking of it all night.
  11. WesM
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome pilot, at times hilarious and others heartbreaking; can't wait for the next episode.
  12. helloyou
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome show. Perfect balance of drama and comedy and easily relate-able at times. Very much like the movie, Falling Down, but I actually enjoyed this hour long episode more than that movie. I hope it is able to keep it up.
  13. ScottH.
    Feb 29, 2008
    One of the greatest shows of this decade. I'm in love.
  14. BenH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    This show is amazing. It plays like a film and breaks barriers about what can be on TV. I have not been this excited about a TV series since The Sopranos or Six Feet Under. Watch and be amazed by the plot, acting, and emotional reaction you have.
  15. JarredS
    Awsome!
  16. hrw.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely stunning. Brian Cranston is absolutely riveting to watch. Walter White is a fascinating character - i love the developing dynamic between him and jesse, as well as his transformation into nihilistic drug mastermind. one of the best shows on television, period.
  17. MattK.
    Mar 26, 2008
    It is simply astounding how AMC has been able to hit the nail so squarely on the head with two out of two original series so far. I thought it might suffer from comparisons to Mad Men, but Breaking Bad is easily just as compelling. Well done AMC, you're batting 1000!
  18. FredW.
    Mar 4, 2008
  19. DerekB
    Jan 10, 2009
    This show is so real it hurts. I know from experience. The acting is top notch. The story is believable and they don't glorify the drugs. They let you know how scary the world of meth is. Ready for season 2!
  20. NatoT.
    Nov 2, 2008
    This show may actually be enough to move creator Vince Gilligan out of the X-files shadow that he has been forced to live in for so long. Amazing altogether, i give it the best show on television nomination.
  21. LelandK
    What a great pilot!!!
  22. DerekL
    Jan 21, 2008
    One of the best pilots of the year.
  23. JayW
    Jan 22, 2008
    My friend and I started watching this after being interested by the commercials. It's a great show, very authentic feeling, and I for one am not going to be missing any new episodes and neither is my friend.
  24. AaronS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Great show with great acting all around especially from Bryan Cranston.
  25. ShawnL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    It feels so cliche to vote 10 but then again, I probably wouldn't be voting if I didn't feel that this is one of the top five shows I've seen in the past few years. It's novel and well executed.
  26. AdamT.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Only this and Dexter have been remotely worth watching,in the last couple of years.This show is has great acting and a storyline that keeps me waiting for the next episode.
  27. KimL
    Mar 9, 2008
    I hope there will be a second season. Finally, something that addresses cancer. A show that forces us to understand that sometimes happy endings aren't possible.
  28. BrendanD.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I think this show is fantastic. The acting is great, its very well written, its full of a quality mix of drama, action, and dark comedy with a compelling story line. I really hope there will be a second season, because my only complaint is that the first season was so short!
  29. FredW.
    Jun 26, 2008
  30. ClaudiaC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is the best show on TV since The Sopranos and 6 Feet Under. It's even pushed my latest favorite show Dexter of its Number one Spot. Great acting and plot!
    Jul 18, 2008
    When is doing bad for good actually good? And the questions about futile therapy versus peaceful death were just stunning.
  32. nicolew
    Mar 29, 2009
    Never before have I uttered the words "I LOVE THAT SHOW!". I enjoy other shows, but none hold my attention and anticiapation as much as this show does. Breaking Bad is the best series I have ever seen, mixing just enough of the impossible and the ordinary. I can't get enough!
  33. matta
    Sep 30, 2009
    Good call Doug Elfman. I bet you feel like a douche now that the series has grown into the best thing on TV.
  34. PeterA
    Jan 21, 2008
    This show knocked me on my ass -- funny, dark, suspenseful. I've never seen anything like it on TV before!
  35. DaveS.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Excellent writing, many unpredictable plot turns, fine acting.
  36. TristanA.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Some of the best writing I've ever seen on TV. Easily the best action I've ever seen on a TV drama. Critics who complain of a self-conscious edginess or a lack of motivation must not have watched past the first episode (and must have confused uncommon character depth with a lack of character depth). TV's finally getting good at realizing that plots don't have to be Some of the best writing I've ever seen on TV. Easily the best action I've ever seen on a TV drama. Critics who complain of a self-conscious edginess or a lack of motivation must not have watched past the first episode (and must have confused uncommon character depth with a lack of character depth). TV's finally getting good at realizing that plots don't have to be generic and formulaic in order for shows to succeed. Now that they're finallh trying to come up with characters that are unique and deep it seems to have frightened some critics. Oh well. Let them have fun watching Big Love. Breaking Bad is more my speed. Expand
  37. JohnW.
    Mar 13, 2008
    I gave it a ten, maybe it should be a 9. Either way I think it is a definite must see and I'd say one of the top ten shows on tv this year. It an excellent story plot. The underdog with cancer, doing things behind the scenes that nobody expects to be in his personality. If you liked the movie "Falling Down", you'll love this show.
  38. LauraG.
    Mar 15, 2008
    This show is full of compelling characters with a script that grabs the viewer from the outset of every episode. Bryan Cranston's acting is a refreshing change from his weak and powerless character in Malcolm In The Middle. Watching his disillusionment with what is right and wrong as he faces a terminal disease offers an insight into the very soul of humanity that is rarely seen and This show is full of compelling characters with a script that grabs the viewer from the outset of every episode. Bryan Cranston's acting is a refreshing change from his weak and powerless character in Malcolm In The Middle. Watching his disillusionment with what is right and wrong as he faces a terminal disease offers an insight into the very soul of humanity that is rarely seen and can never be forgotten. Expand
  39. PeterM.
    Mar 15, 2008
    The story line propels this show along at an incredible pace sweeping the viewer up in its storm. The watcher will hardly know that an entire hour has passed and will be left wanting for more. The characters are compelling and the season finale leaves you pondering the changing character dynamics as well as the arbitrary nature of societal norms.
  40. RafaelR.
    Aug 23, 2008
    It is one of the best shows I have seen in the last years. I have seen two or three times each episode to see if I missed something before. I can't wait to see the next season!
  41. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  42. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  43. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  44. Oct 18, 2011
    Original (thank you, Weeds, but you're out), smart, creative and well played, Breaking Bad season one is quite of a masterpiece. And Bryan Cranston is wonderful, as always.
  45. Sep 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the best television show ever created. Vince Gilligan and the rest of the breaking bad team are changing TV history with the most dramatic, tense, well acted, and addicting story of the character of Walter White.
  46. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  47. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  48. Jan 4, 2012
    You owe it to yourself to give the show time to get a grip of you, because once it does it's one of the finest productions on television. I was skeptical at first; I didn't quite believe some of the motivations and didn't identify with most of the characters at the start, but after 4 seasons, which get better and better, I adore this show.
  49. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  50. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  51. Nov 12, 2012
    If their is one show to demonstrate the power of acting its breaking bad, The pinnacle of television!! Walter White is One of the most fully fledged out characters to ever grace tv.
  52. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killedI cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  54. Apr 22, 2011
    it's incredibly refreshing and surprising. one of the best TV series I've watched for years. Instead of getting stale after the first season, the show gets better and better. the acting and characters are great. the story has lots of cliff hangers that make it hard to stop watching.
  55. Dec 14, 2010
    the critic reviews are to low that is because this show is not in a mayor network but without a doubt 100 in the top list big thump up for amc and i hope they don't try to strech the show and kill the greatness
  56. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Collapse
  57. Dec 30, 2010
    With Friday Night Lights, the best show on television at the moment. Pretty nearly as good as The Sopranos, and that's even with Bryan Cranston's character being a dozen times more repressed than Tony. This isn't to say that there haven't been a couple of shockingly bed episodes, such as the one starring a fly in Walter's lab.
  58. Jan 26, 2011
    Very few shows come along that are as brillantly written as Breaking Bad. The writers have made a charecter who you root for, but know he is gonna get it in the end. The cast is the perfect mix of humor and drama, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat because you never know what will happen next.
  59. Sep 18, 2011
    Absolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing workAbsolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing work of TV gold. Expand
  60. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Breaking Bad is worth a perfect score. Maybe you've heard everyone say: "Its the best show on TV"

"Best thing I've ever seen"

"You must see Breaking Bad, because its so good"

Are these statements true, yes. Yes they are! I've been on the edge of my seat from episode 1 to Season 5's Part 1 ending and I cant wait for Part 2 to se the conclusion of the show. I love the darkness of the show, it brings out the worst in people, nothing is black and white its all grey and everything can be rationalized. The two main characters Walter and Jesse are each others opposites. While you think that Walt is a respectable, caring, timid and just a normal man. Looking at him from the outside he might be just those things but his true nature is grim. Jesse on the other hand, at first impression he's a hard gangster and not caring but as the show progress he's the sentimental one and truly not a bad person. So what I guess the show is trying to say in a way is that you should'nt judge people based on appearance. If you have Netflix, season 1-4 is there, watch it today!
  61. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  62. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  63. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  64. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  65. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  66. Mar 24, 2011
    Cinema quality on a TV show, GOOD Cinema quality. The acting is exquisite, the writing unbelievable, it's astonishing how deep and complete every character is (even the minor ones).
    Do yourself a favor and watch every bit of it if you haven't done it yet.
  67. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  68. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. ButAbsolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Expand
  69. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  70. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This series is directed very well. And I can say that Bryan Cranston is an brilliant actor. Moreover, Aaron Paul should be respected for his performance. Expand
  71. Jul 17, 2011
    These people who underrate the show are ridiculous. There's simply only one thing bad about Season One: It's only six episodes. When your left starving for more i guess you can miss rate something.
  72. Jul 18, 2011
    Why isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing inWhy isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing in every way; I can't ever get enough. Watch it!! Expand
  73. Jul 20, 2011
    Best show ever ! I tell all my friends they must watch it. Thanks from France
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Fantastic acting. Immense writing. Wonderful storyline and the probably the best drama show I've watched for a long time. Glad BB exists. A benchmark for new shows.
  75. Jul 25, 2011
    Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of,Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of, if not THE best show of the last 10 years. If you havenâ Expand
  76. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  77. Aug 23, 2011
    Just.. fantastic. I'd be here all day praising it if I continue to write any more!
  78. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    Not just the best tv show ever made (obvious fact), but so much more. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. Better than almost every movie. Everyone involved in creating this series is the best filmmaker currently working.
    Completely unique, always surprising, groundbreaking, shocking, meaningful, special, horrifying, funny, heartbreaking, sad, profound, exciting, deeply tragic, ... there are no real words to describe it.
  80. Sep 26, 2011
    Nice series. Original and well filmed. Good cast as well. I enjoyed every bit.
  81. Oct 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't start watching this show until the 4th episode. But when I did see it I was hooked. I immediately watched the first three episodes and was blown away. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are two amazing actors and have great chemistry. The story telling is nothing short of great.
  82. Mar 15, 2012
    In a few words, this show is a 21st-Century Western. So many memorable characters. Sure, there's Walt and Jesse, but Saul, Hank, Gus, Mike, and even Mr. Salamanca are awesome. What I love is how the stakes are raised each episode, hooking you up for the next. It's like, the TV version of crystal meth.
  83. Oct 23, 2011
    This show will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat like no other. Especially every time it gets toward the end of a season, good lord. It really is the best show I've seen in years personally.
  84. Dec 27, 2012
    One of my favorite shows. Very intricate plot with lots of twists and turns. I love the way the directors combine chemistry with drugs and drugs with the family. Amazing and a must watch.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    There are very few series bind me and Breaking Bad is one of the series. Each episode had me on the voltage at the top and I wondered what will next happen. That's what makes a great series, voltage, no excessive violence, but really real, and many questions
  86. Jun 9, 2013
    I think the average user-score of this show displays just how good it is, surprisingly the show somehow keeps on getting better and better. If you're looking for one of the best shows out there, breaking Bad should undoubtedly be on the list.
  87. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  88. Dec 13, 2011
    This is one of the best TV dramas I've ever seen. The creative writing is terrific. The show is superbly well cast and well acted. I had no idea that "Whatley" had that kind of range, though he makes a fine talk show guest (one of the better appearances I've seen on Letterman).
  89. Jul 22, 2012
    One word: Amazing.
    Every critic that was given to this show is well-deserved and yes, it is getting better from season to season.
    The reason for this is - in my mind - very simple and obvious: Each season builds on the next, so in the end you just have one string of action, which extends more and more. I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite
    One word: Amazing.

I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite instantly!
    Season 5 is no exception!
  90. Nov 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad, after watching the Pilot i was hooked. Breaking Bad has great actors, who play awesome characters, in a great story. It is definitly worth the watch if you have not yet I didnt watch season 1 untill season 2 was out and boy was i missing out. :(
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    I forgot how great TV could be until I saw this show. There is never a dull moment in Breaking Bad. The characters and character development are great, and the plot is just amazing. I can't recommend this show enough. If you haven't seen it yet, go on Netflix and start watching it immediately, you won't be able to turn away from your TV, and you won't want to.
  92. Apr 28, 2012
    This is actually my favourite TV show. I found out about it from Netflix and I got hooked. Every episode is interesting and I love the characters. Walt's wife is kind of annoying but aside from that this show is amazing in every way.
  93. Dec 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find thisBreaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time Expand
  94. Jan 12, 2015
    Very good television beyond belief, it hits you where you're most sensitive and isn't afraid to take a piece out of the viewer by sinking the subject matter to a place very few show's have ever done.
  95. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hookedAt first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  96. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  97. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  98. Jan 19, 2012
    It's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying atIt's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying at first glance, but looking deeper there's actually a sort of satirical humor even there, and in any case, that aspect of the show was one of the first to disappear. The writers strike also makes it tough to evaluate the end of the season - I like to think of the second episode of season 2 as the final episode of this arc, which really makes a difference. Expand
  99. Feb 5, 2012
    This is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watchThis is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watch this incredible show. Expand
  100. Feb 25, 2012
    Simply put the best show i've seen in a long, long time. Nothing on telly grips you like this, could almost say it's as addictive as meth itself ha.
    Bryan Cranston deserves every award available as the very likable but flawed Walter White and Aaron Paul definitely deserves praise as his equally flawed and increasingly complicated Jessie Pinkman. In conclusion, I cannot wait for Season 5!

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.