• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  4. Oct 18, 2011
    Original (thank you, Weeds, but you're out), smart, creative and well played, Breaking Bad season one is quite of a masterpiece. And Bryan Cranston is wonderful, as always.
  5. Sep 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the best television show ever created. Vince Gilligan and the rest of the breaking bad team are changing TV history with the most dramatic, tense, well acted, and addicting story of the character of Walter White.
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  7. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  8. Jan 4, 2012
    You owe it to yourself to give the show time to get a grip of you, because once it does it's one of the finest productions on television. I was skeptical at first; I didn't quite believe some of the motivations and didn't identify with most of the characters at the start, but after 4 seasons, which get better and better, I adore this show.
  9. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  10. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    If their is one show to demonstrate the power of acting its breaking bad, The pinnacle of television!! Walter White is One of the most fully fledged out characters to ever grace tv.
  12. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  14. Apr 22, 2011
    it's incredibly refreshing and surprising. one of the best TV series I've watched for years. Instead of getting stale after the first season, the show gets better and better. the acting and characters are great. the story has lots of cliff hangers that make it hard to stop watching.
  15. Dec 14, 2010
    the critic reviews are to low that is because this show is not in a mayor network but without a doubt 100 in the top list big thump up for amc and i hope they don't try to strech the show and kill the greatness
  16. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2010
    With Friday Night Lights, the best show on television at the moment. Pretty nearly as good as The Sopranos, and that's even with Bryan Cranston's character being a dozen times more repressed than Tony. This isn't to say that there haven't been a couple of shockingly bed episodes, such as the one starring a fly in Walter's lab.
  18. Jan 26, 2011
    Very few shows come along that are as brillantly written as Breaking Bad. The writers have made a charecter who you root for, but know he is gonna get it in the end. The cast is the perfect mix of humor and drama, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat because you never know what will happen next.
  19. Sep 18, 2011
    Absolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing work of TV gold. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Breaking Bad is worth a perfect score. Maybe you've heard everyone say: "Its the best show on TV"

"Best thing I've ever seen"

"You must see Breaking Bad, because its so good"

Are these statements true, yes. Yes they are! I've been on the edge of my seat from episode 1 to Season 5's Part 1 ending and I cant wait for Part 2 to se the conclusion of the show. I love the darkness of the show, it brings out the worst in people, nothing is black and white its all grey and everything can be rationalized. The two main characters Walter and Jesse are each others opposites. While you think that Walt is a respectable, caring, timid and just a normal man. Looking at him from the outside he might be just those things but his true nature is grim. Jesse on the other hand, at first impression he's a hard gangster and not caring but as the show progress he's the sentimental one and truly not a bad person. So what I guess the show is trying to say in a way is that you should'nt judge people based on appearance. If you have Netflix, season 1-4 is there, watch it today!
  21. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  22. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  23. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  24. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  25. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  26. Mar 24, 2011
    Cinema quality on a TV show, GOOD Cinema quality. The acting is exquisite, the writing unbelievable, it's astonishing how deep and complete every character is (even the minor ones).
    Do yourself a favor and watch every bit of it if you haven't done it yet.
  27. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  28. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Expand
  29. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  30. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. This series is directed very well. And I can say that Bryan Cranston is an brilliant actor. Moreover, Aaron Paul should be respected for his performance. Collapse
  31. Jul 17, 2011
    These people who underrate the show are ridiculous. There's simply only one thing bad about Season One: It's only six episodes. When your left starving for more i guess you can miss rate something.
  32. Jul 18, 2011
    Why isn't everyone in America addicted to this show by now??!? There are still way too many people out there who haven't ever even heard of it. It is by far one of the greatest shows ever to be on television. The acting and the writing are clearly flawless but gotta give recognition to the cinematography (which is also perfect) and the directing. This show is just flat out amazing in every way; I can't ever get enough. Watch it!! Expand
  33. Jul 20, 2011
    Best show ever ! I tell all my friends they must watch it. Thanks from France
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    Fantastic acting. Immense writing. Wonderful storyline and the probably the best drama show I've watched for a long time. Glad BB exists. A benchmark for new shows.
  35. Jul 25, 2011
    Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of, if not THE best show of the last 10 years. If you havenâ Expand
  36. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made. One of the best shows ever made.
  37. Aug 23, 2011
    Just.. fantastic. I'd be here all day praising it if I continue to write any more!
  38. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    Not just the best tv show ever made (obvious fact), but so much more. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. Better than almost every movie. Everyone involved in creating this series is the best filmmaker currently working.
    Completely unique, always surprising, groundbreaking, shocking, meaningful, special, horrifying, funny, heartbreaking, sad, profound, exciting, deeply
    tragic, ... there are no real words to describe it. Expand
  40. Sep 26, 2011
    Nice series. Original and well filmed. Good cast as well. I enjoyed every bit.
  41. Oct 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't start watching this show until the 4th episode. But when I did see it I was hooked. I immediately watched the first three episodes and was blown away. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are two amazing actors and have great chemistry. The story telling is nothing short of great.
  42. Mar 15, 2012
    In a few words, this show is a 21st-Century Western. So many memorable characters. Sure, there's Walt and Jesse, but Saul, Hank, Gus, Mike, and even Mr. Salamanca are awesome. What I love is how the stakes are raised each episode, hooking you up for the next. It's like, the TV version of crystal meth.
  43. Oct 23, 2011
    This show will keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat like no other. Especially every time it gets toward the end of a season, good lord. It really is the best show I've seen in years personally.
  44. Dec 27, 2012
    One of my favorite shows. Very intricate plot with lots of twists and turns. I love the way the directors combine chemistry with drugs and drugs with the family. Amazing and a must watch.
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    There are very few series bind me and Breaking Bad is one of the series. Each episode had me on the voltage at the top and I wondered what will next happen. That's what makes a great series, voltage, no excessive violence, but really real, and many questions
  46. Jun 9, 2013
    I think the average user-score of this show displays just how good it is, surprisingly the show somehow keeps on getting better and better. If you're looking for one of the best shows out there, breaking Bad should undoubtedly be on the list.
  47. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  48. Dec 13, 2011
    This is one of the best TV dramas I've ever seen. The creative writing is terrific. The show is superbly well cast and well acted. I had no idea that "Whatley" had that kind of range, though he makes a fine talk show guest (one of the better appearances I've seen on Letterman).
  49. Jul 22, 2012
    One word: Amazing.
    Every critic that was given to this show is well-deserved and yes, it is getting better from season to season.
    The reason for this is - in my mind - very simple and obvious: Each season builds on the next, so in the end you just have one string of action, which extends more and more.

I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite
    instantly!
    Season 5 is no exception!
  50. Nov 16, 2011
    Breaking Bad, after watching the Pilot i was hooked. Breaking Bad has great actors, who play awesome characters, in a great story. It is definitly worth the watch if you have not yet I didnt watch season 1 untill season 2 was out and boy was i missing out. :(
  51. Nov 20, 2011
    I forgot how great TV could be until I saw this show. There is never a dull moment in Breaking Bad. The characters and character development are great, and the plot is just amazing. I can't recommend this show enough. If you haven't seen it yet, go on Netflix and start watching it immediately, you won't be able to turn away from your TV, and you won't want to.
  52. Apr 28, 2012
    This is actually my favourite TV show. I found out about it from Netflix and I got hooked. Every episode is interesting and I love the characters. Walt's wife is kind of annoying but aside from that this show is amazing in every way.
  53. Dec 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time Expand
  54. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  55. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  56. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  57. Jan 19, 2012
    It's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying at first glance, but looking deeper there's actually a sort of satirical humor even there, and in any case, that aspect of the show was one of the first to disappear. The writers strike also makes it tough to evaluate the end of the season - I like to think of the second episode of season 2 as the final episode of this arc, which really makes a difference. Expand
  58. Feb 5, 2012
    This is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watch this incredible show. Expand
  59. Feb 25, 2012
    Simply put the best show i've seen in a long, long time. Nothing on telly grips you like this, could almost say it's as addictive as meth itself ha.
    Bryan Cranston deserves every award available as the very likable but flawed Walter White and Aaron Paul definitely deserves praise as his equally flawed and increasingly complicated Jessie Pinkman. In conclusion, I cannot wait for Season 5!
  60. Mar 5, 2012
    absolutely amazing tv show, the best in years! the acting is fabulous, the script great but i'm mesmerized specially with the cinematography of this piece of art.
  61. Mar 8, 2012
    A masterpiece! Awesome storyline, characters and twists that never fail to amaze! Walt and Jesse are the best duo on TV hands down and the situations and dilemmas they get into are astounding! Watch it now.
  62. Mar 12, 2012
    The best non-comedy show I have ever seen. And in contrast to as good as every other tv show, it gets better and better every season instead of worse.
  63. Mar 13, 2012
    I only recently discovered Breaking Bad and started watching the first couple of episodes on a Saturday night. I realised quickly that this was going to be a very addictive, higly enjoyable series. Top acting, funny situations and a very unpredictable story line that makes is compulsive viewing.

I especially like the way you are dropped in a situation that doesn't make sense, but by using
    flashbacks the puzzle finally makes sense and gives you an amazing cliffhanger.

I just finished the first season and started on season 2, which looks like it is even better than the first. But what rating do you give a series that was already perfect?
  64. Mar 17, 2012
    I have been watching Breaking Bad since 2 years and i gotta say every season blows my mind every season gets better and better the writing and the characterization is so so top-notch you feel you are on a live wire. The current season just expanded the greatness and visual treat. The season finale was the icing on the cake. Great music, great camera work, great acting hail "Bryan Cranston" Aaron Paul is the best supporting actor in the world. Giancarlo Esposito was great. But the real master of the show is the writing oh my god how did they write such great lines. I mean my respect for Vince Giligan has increased. He's become one of my favorite writers. Overall this the best television show one can offer. I hope the last season comes with fireworks. Expand
  65. Mar 17, 2012
    This show starts off in the first four and a half minutes head and shoulders above anything else on TV now or since, and only ever goes up from there, no shark-jumps, plot reversals, or anything of that nature. Walter White knows the recipe to cook almost 100% pure crystal meth, and Vince Gilligan knows the recipe for an almost 100% perfect television show: six incredibly talented actors and actresses, 8 to 10 tactile and purposeful writers, one visionary cinematographer, and a single, unanimous vision of a small corner of lower-middle class life in Albuquerque that all these people see and follow unerringly to its bleak and deadly end. This transcends television. This is true art. Expand
  66. Mar 18, 2012
    This is an outstanding Tv-series... highly addicted! All performances, script, music, production will blow you away... Surely the best series I've seen... Five stars *****
  67. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad that the 5th season will be the last, but the story will remain timeless due to this shows wonderous philosophical agenda best show on basic cable in years
  68. May 7, 2012
    Definitely my favorite TV show.
    The characters are interesting, likable, and realistic, the action scenes will leave you on the edge of your seat, and the story is one of the best on television. Definitely give the show a chance.
  69. Apr 11, 2012
    Some of the best acting on television. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul do a terrific job of portraying someone who is in a cat and mouse chase for their life. This also has some of the best writing on T.V. Breaking Bad along with the older ABC series Lost are two of the most unpredictable shows i've ever seen. This is a must see for just about anybody
  70. May 25, 2013
    La meilleure serie qu'il m'es était donnée de voir avec The Shield et Dexter les acteurs sont juste parfait la réalisation et l'intrigue parfaitement dosée un must
  71. Aug 22, 2013
    Is there a Show that can remotely compete with Breaking Bad? No... let me spell that out for you: N, O... may I add a reinforcing word before and a few exclamation marks after: HELL NO!!! ...so... there you have it.
  72. Aug 6, 2012
    I can't believe somebody can rate this one under 9. I think this one deserve most of the awards out there for its perfect acting and script writing out there. In Season 5, I can't see the old Walter anymore, character developments are amazing. I don't think we will have to wait a long time for another epic TV Show like this.
  73. Jul 27, 2012
    The best TV show I've watched in my life, and possibly will remain so for a long time. The writing is flawless and believable - it feels like you're watching a real story, taking place in reality, not a show. The characters and events progress logically and in proper time. The experience is further enhanced by brilliant, oscar deserving actors. Especially walter white, the main character, the man is a genius at acting, he understands emotion and character more than anybody, he moves you with his emotional interpretation of what must walter must be going through. This show is perfect as it redefines and sets a new bar for what TV series can hope to attain, with character development, acting and believability. Expand
  74. May 30, 2012
    The best show I've seen on TV. For a long time I thought there was nothing that could compare to The Wire, until I started watching Breaking Bad. The dialogue is amazing, the plot never gets boring and always keeps you on your toes. IIt has the best characthers written for TV-series ever.
  75. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  76. Jun 19, 2012
    This is the best show ever!!!! Please don't stop making them! Everyone I talk to cant wait till the next episode including me! They are already too spread out! Awesome show!!! Keep it up!!!
  77. Aug 12, 2012
    The best show on AMC by far, ( I still love ya Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels), but hell! It's the best show on TV PERIOD! And it's sad, but expected sense these shows can't last forever (looking at Dexter), that it's ending soon. :(
  78. Jun 24, 2013
    "Better call Saul!"

This show is the epitome of an anti-hero story in a recession era society.
    Watch if you have a brain or enjoy good t.v. drama.

Don't forget, they aren't rocks.. they are 'minerals'.
  79. Jul 16, 2012
    looking back at this season having watched four seasons and this is just a teaser of all of the amazing things to come...this is the weakest season of this show and that is sad because it is still better than 95% of the other crap that is on tv.
  80. Jul 16, 2012
    I don't know how this only has a 74 rating. Best show on Tv hands down. One of, if not the the best show to ever grace television. The acting is fantastic, not just Bryan Cranston, the whole cast is wonderful. Give this wonderful show a chance
  81. Aug 27, 2012
    A true masterpiece and a brilliant performance from Bryan Cranston, not to forget Aaron Paul and Jonathan Banks . Not a coincidence that many people that weren't used to watch tv series do not miss an episode of this show. The only thing that bothers me is that an Emmy or a Golden Globe, do not have the glamour of an Oscar (copying from wikipedia "The series has won four Emmy Awards
  82. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a little disappointing that Season 1 has such a low critic ranking here; it deserves better. I love the first Season of Breaking Bad because it really does set up what happens next. Obvious, yes, but the people that don't like this season aren't watching it for the right reasons. Us as viewers are watching this season to look at Walter White's life before he becomes Heisenberg later. His chilling first kill, his friendship with Jesse. The cancer; everything.

The season is filled with action, and even episodes that don't really feature that (Grey Matter) are great at setting the groundwork of what's to come, particularly Walt's speech in Season 5 where he expresses regret in leaving the company.

Breaking Bad is an absolutely brilliant show.
  83. Sep 13, 2012
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the best series I have ever watched. It is so well made. Every character is interesting and the chemistry between Jesse and Walt is fantastic. The "bad guys" are also well created with strong personality. When the series ends, I will watch them all again.
  84. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  85. Feb 22, 2013
    Breaking Bad with his great cast, beautiful storytelling and amazing direction, involves the audience in a thrilling plot from the first to the last episode, telling the story of an ordinary and repressed family man that becomes a drug lord in seek for redemption from his miserable life. The quality of the acting and the representation are at their bests and the soundtrack is the perfect guide through Walter White's changes.
    Surely the best drama series ever shot, deserves a full 10/10.
  86. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  87. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  88. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  89. Dec 4, 2012
    Realistic,touching and breathtaking.Waited for years to watch a show of that quality.
  90. Jul 4, 2013
    This is definetly without a shadow of doubt, one of the best series in history, few managed to pull such characters and plot as well as this TV series.Although it may seem that it's slow at first, it's pace is not nearly compared as the quality of story planning, acting and direction.
    In this stage where drama and tension simply take over the audience, Bryan Cranston performs brilliantly
    only to make people dive in even further into this scenario.It is absolutely amazing how AMC shows us the transformation and the path that all these characters go into, it is now crystal clear how powerful this Vince Gilligan's show can get, and how high can it achieve Expand
  91. Jan 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad revealed itsself to me as one of the most exciting series af the last years. There is some pretty harsh material to make evening entertainment (cancer disease, drug addiction, family crisis). However Breaking Bad manages to maintain a high level of tension sugared with black humor, without becoming unbelievable or too clichee. A must watch!
  92. Jun 1, 2014
    Yeah It's that good. 150 characters worthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  93. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  94. Jan 24, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the best show on television, and Season 1 is the greatness that started it off. It really demonstrates the beginning of Walter White's story, and it perfectly demonstrates his complexity and beginnings.
  95. Jan 29, 2013
    This is the best show ever! It's amazing how the writers can take their time unveiling the story line and still give the viewer a payoff every week. Keep watching for the huge payoffs in the season finales that may just blow your mind! It makes The Sopranos look like a Hallmark special. Okay maybe I sound over the top there, but honestly--I loved The Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad is in another league that no other show can compete with, in my opinion. Believe me I've looked for those other shows. We are in the Golden Age of television right now. There are some great choices like the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Homeland and a few others. I like these shows. They range from very good to excellent. The only thing they have going against them is they came during the Breaking Bad era. Terrible timing! Really. The show is just the one that IS better (waayyy better!) From the writing to the acting, the casting and the people who design the sets--all the little details do make a huge difference. It is so deeply layered. I seen all 54 episodes, from season 1 thru 5A, 4 times. And some of them I've seen close to six times. I haven't been able to re-watch a show or a movie like that since I was 10 years old. How can I describe the drama?...well it builds up slowly like a good baseball game, a pitcher's duel--except where baseball can be incredibly boring at times, Breaking Bad intensely engages you from the 1st pitch until your favorite player finally steps to the plate and knocks one over the center field wall! Man, I hope that baseball analogy lands right.
    You notice I'm telling you nothing about the show. Someone tried telling me about it. I ended waiting way to long to tune in. If you're like I was, forget the premise or what you think it's about! Just watch it. If you need me to tell you to keep watching after say episode 5 or 6, go to your doctor and get checked for low blood pressure or a missing sense of taste. By season 2 you might think it doesn't get any better than this. Well, you're wrong. Watch season 3. You'll find out why. By season 4 you may come to accept a certain level of excellence. You won't be upset! Season 5A was awesome! It was also cruel because now I'm about halfway through a cliffhanger that won't end until July 2013, when the last 8 episodes will air. That's my one complaint. It's too good to leave it's viewers for 10 months at a time. Luckily for you, the Breaking Bad newbie, you won't have to live with that pain. It all comes to an end in September of this year!
    If I haven't sold you yet...it's your loss! But, seriously, Enjoy the show. I wish I were you right now. It was an amazing experience seeing this show the 1st time around. Thanks Vince Gilligan! You are a genius. And Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are the best duo in showbiz history!
  96. Jul 7, 2013
    Wait...Hal what are you doing in Breaking Bad? No seriously...the first three episodes made it for me. Amazing acting and believable Story. Okay, the show is a little slow, but the acting of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul is brilliant. The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  97. Feb 6, 2013
    A classic that is incredibly acted, very well scripted, shot, and produced. Extremely addictive plot that doesn't require cliffhangers to keep interest. Unique format with intro segments that are shown out of context.

Pacing seems to be intentionally off in some episodes, perhaps to contrast with extremely stressful pacing most of the time. One of those shows you wish you could forget
    and watch all over again, forever. Expand
  98. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  99. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  100. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.