• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  4. Oct 18, 2011
    Original (thank you, Weeds, but you're out), smart, creative and well played, Breaking Bad season one is quite of a masterpiece. And Bryan Cranston is wonderful, as always.
  5. Sep 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the best television show ever created. Vince Gilligan and the rest of the breaking bad team are changing TV history with the most dramatic, tense, well acted, and addicting story of the character of Walter White.
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  7. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  8. Jan 4, 2012
    You owe it to yourself to give the show time to get a grip of you, because once it does it's one of the finest productions on television. I was skeptical at first; I didn't quite believe some of the motivations and didn't identify with most of the characters at the start, but after 4 seasons, which get better and better, I adore this show.
  9. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  10. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    If their is one show to demonstrate the power of acting its breaking bad, The pinnacle of television!! Walter White is One of the most fully fledged out characters to ever grace tv.
  12. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killedI cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  14. Apr 22, 2011
    it's incredibly refreshing and surprising. one of the best TV series I've watched for years. Instead of getting stale after the first season, the show gets better and better. the acting and characters are great. the story has lots of cliff hangers that make it hard to stop watching.
  15. Dec 14, 2010
    the critic reviews are to low that is because this show is not in a mayor network but without a doubt 100 in the top list big thump up for amc and i hope they don't try to strech the show and kill the greatness
  16. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2010
    With Friday Night Lights, the best show on television at the moment. Pretty nearly as good as The Sopranos, and that's even with Bryan Cranston's character being a dozen times more repressed than Tony. This isn't to say that there haven't been a couple of shockingly bed episodes, such as the one starring a fly in Walter's lab.
  18. Jan 26, 2011
    Very few shows come along that are as brillantly written as Breaking Bad. The writers have made a charecter who you root for, but know he is gonna get it in the end. The cast is the perfect mix of humor and drama, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat because you never know what will happen next.
  19. Sep 18, 2011
    Absolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing workAbsolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing work of TV gold. Expand
  20. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Breaking Bad is worth a perfect score. Maybe you've heard everyone say: "Its the best show on TV"

"Best thing I've ever seen"

"You must see Breaking Bad, because its so good"

Are these statements true, yes. Yes they are! I've been on the edge of my seat from episode 1 to Season 5's Part 1 ending and I cant wait for Part 2 to se the conclusion of the show. I love the darkness of the show, it brings out the worst in people, nothing is black and white its all grey and everything can be rationalized. The two main characters Walter and Jesse are each others opposites. While you think that Walt is a respectable, caring, timid and just a normal man. Looking at him from the outside he might be just those things but his true nature is grim. Jesse on the other hand, at first impression he's a hard gangster and not caring but as the show progress he's the sentimental one and truly not a bad person. So what I guess the show is trying to say in a way is that you should'nt judge people based on appearance. If you have Netflix, season 1-4 is there, watch it today!
  21. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  22. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  23. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  24. Jun 25, 2011
    The best. Cant wait to watch some more. It has something going for it that you wont find in many other TV series. There is a reality there which draws you in. I love it. Well done AMC
  25. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  26. Mar 24, 2011
    Cinema quality on a TV show, GOOD Cinema quality. The acting is exquisite, the writing unbelievable, it's astonishing how deep and complete every character is (even the minor ones).
    Do yourself a favor and watch every bit of it if you haven't done it yet.
  27. May 12, 2011
    Why is there such a disconnect on this site between professional 'critics' and real people? If these people are getting paid for their 'expert' opinions, then why is it not refrlective of the wider audience? Sounds like they need a good shake up of their industry because the so called experts are anything but.
  28. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. ButAbsolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Expand
  29. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  30. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This series is directed very well. And I can say that Bryan Cranston is an brilliant actor. Moreover, Aaron Paul should be respected for his performance. Expand

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.