• Network: AMC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. MatthewH
    Feb 5, 2008
    Good pilot, second episode got even better! Very funny while maintaining a serious and real tone.
  2. BW
    Mar 10, 2008
    I absolutely love this show! I don't ever remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I keep waiting every week for a new episode!
  3. BushM.
    Feb 5, 2008
    very well done
  4. jarreda
    Mar 10, 2008
    I don't watch drama tv generally, but i can actually watch this. Excellent show.
  5. BillB.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Great writing and acting exloring themes in ways not previously tackled in tv series,
  6. AJR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This is a wonderful, gritty, compelling show. Excellent writing and outstanding acting, this show is bound to win many awards. Our favorite of this, and many, seasons. Hope there's more of it!
  7. FaustoF.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very good show. Hooked me in and now I can't stop watching. Can't wait for the next episode!
  8. BrandonR
    Mar 31, 2010
    The best show I've seen on TV in years.
  9. FredW.
  10. ChuckC
    Jan 21, 2008
    What a great show , it had me thinking of it all night.
  11. WesM
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome pilot, at times hilarious and others heartbreaking; can't wait for the next episode.
  12. helloyou
    Jan 20, 2008
    Awesome show. Perfect balance of drama and comedy and easily relate-able at times. Very much like the movie, Falling Down, but I actually enjoyed this hour long episode more than that movie. I hope it is able to keep it up.
  13. ScottH.
    Feb 29, 2008
    One of the greatest shows of this decade. I'm in love.
  14. BenH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    This show is amazing. It plays like a film and breaks barriers about what can be on TV. I have not been this excited about a TV series since The Sopranos or Six Feet Under. Watch and be amazed by the plot, acting, and emotional reaction you have.
  15. JarredS
    Awsome!
  16. hrw.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Absolutely stunning. Brian Cranston is absolutely riveting to watch. Walter White is a fascinating character - i love the developing dynamic between him and jesse, as well as his transformation into nihilistic drug mastermind. one of the best shows on television, period.
  17. MattK.
    Mar 26, 2008
    It is simply astounding how AMC has been able to hit the nail so squarely on the head with two out of two original series so far. I thought it might suffer from comparisons to Mad Men, but Breaking Bad is easily just as compelling. Well done AMC, you're batting 1000!
  18. FredW.
    Mar 4, 2008
  19. DerekB
    Jan 10, 2009
    This show is so real it hurts. I know from experience. The acting is top notch. The story is believable and they don't glorify the drugs. They let you know how scary the world of meth is. Ready for season 2!
  20. NatoT.
    Nov 2, 2008
    This show may actually be enough to move creator Vince Gilligan out of the X-files shadow that he has been forced to live in for so long. Amazing altogether, i give it the best show on television nomination.
  21. LelandK
    What a great pilot!!!
  22. DerekL
    Jan 21, 2008
    One of the best pilots of the year.
  23. JayW
    Jan 22, 2008
    My friend and I started watching this after being interested by the commercials. It's a great show, very authentic feeling, and I for one am not going to be missing any new episodes and neither is my friend.
  24. AaronS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Great show with great acting all around especially from Bryan Cranston.
  25. ShawnL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    It feels so cliche to vote 10 but then again, I probably wouldn't be voting if I didn't feel that this is one of the top five shows I've seen in the past few years. It's novel and well executed.
  26. AdamT.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Only this and Dexter have been remotely worth watching,in the last couple of years.This show is has great acting and a storyline that keeps me waiting for the next episode.
  27. KimL
    Mar 9, 2008
    I hope there will be a second season. Finally, something that addresses cancer. A show that forces us to understand that sometimes happy endings aren't possible.
  28. BrendanD.
    Apr 14, 2008
    I think this show is fantastic. The acting is great, its very well written, its full of a quality mix of drama, action, and dark comedy with a compelling story line. I really hope there will be a second season, because my only complaint is that the first season was so short!
  29. FredW.
    Jun 26, 2008
  30. ClaudiaC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is the best show on TV since The Sopranos and 6 Feet Under. It's even pushed my latest favorite show Dexter of its Number one Spot. Great acting and plot!

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.