• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. Feb 12, 2011
    This is how GOD intended TV to be made!!! This has to be one of the, if not, THE best show ever made!!! An absolute thrilling ride from the very first second!!!! The writing and acting in this show is second to none. It absolutely deserves a user rating of 9.4!!!
  2. May 21, 2013
    This is the best Crime Drama show running on television alongside Dexter. The writing is simply brilliant, tough the series is a little slow but the acting of Bryan Cranston is outstanding.
  3. Jul 20, 2011
    The vocabulary that I currently possess makes an ill attempt at describing the endearing and great plot that Breaking Bad contains. This is an incredibly enticing show about a chemistry teacher who "Breaks Bad", and it is a mix of drama, action, and suspense I haven't seen in almost any other media. Television at it finest.
  4. Aug 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing hugeBreaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White who, having discovered he has inoperable cancer, decides to use his scientific knowledge to produce and sell crystal meth in order to provide for his family after he is gone. While this may at first seem a little farfetched the brilliant writing and performances keep the show grounded in reality whilst also providing huge amounts of entertainment. Managing to be in funny, moving and dramatic throughout the three seasons I have now seen Breaking Bad is TV at its best. Expand
  5. Jul 20, 2011
    Best show ever ! I tell all my friends they must watch it. Thanks from France
  6. Oct 17, 2012
    At first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hookedAt first glance, Breaking Bad just seems like another show that will glorify drugs and the lifestyle that goes with them; but when you watch it, the show is nothing like you'd imagine. It shows the dark side to the impact drugs can have, and it shows a slow change in behaviour from the two lead characters. It really is the best show on television right now, and I promise you'll be hooked from the first few episodes. You'll continuously want to see the extremeness a cancer-ridden high school chemistry teacher will go to ensure his family remains financially secure after he's dead - slowly but surely leaping from the timid Walter White, to his drug-lord alter-ego, Heisenberg. Trust me, it's fantastic. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a little disappointing that Season 1 has such a low critic ranking here; it deserves better. I love the first Season of Breaking Bad because it really does set up what happens next. Obvious, yes, but the people that don't like this season aren't watching it for the right reasons. Us as viewers are watching this season to look at Walter White's life before he becomes Heisenberg later. His chilling first kill, his friendship with Jesse. The cancer; everything.

The season is filled with action, and even episodes that don't really feature that (Grey Matter) are great at setting the groundwork of what's to come, particularly Walt's speech in Season 5 where he expresses regret in leaving the company.

Breaking Bad is an absolutely brilliant show.
  8. Oct 27, 2012
    If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week!If you haven't seen the show or are just starting out on Season 1 get ready for a ride!! This show gets better and better with each season. But be warned once you start watching it is hard to turn off! I did not start watching until right before Season 4 started and once me and my wife started watching the first season we could not stop - We watched all three seasons in one week! Unbelievably good show. AMC's shows rock! Expand
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    I admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutelyI admit, I only started watching this show just recently, and after catching up, I got to say, ONE HECK OF A SHOW! Watching this showing has gotten me hooked! I mean literally, this show just keeps getting more and more intense every season! I just don't get it how a show like this is just so brutally intense! I just don't know. As far as characters go, fantastic! Just absolutely fantastic, especially Bryan Cranston's portrayal of Walter White. He is the real deal! He is Heisenberg and I will definitely remember his name. As far the previous two episodes "Blood Money" and "Buried", it's a different type of intense. It's more of a dramatic intense rather than the disturbing images that you've seen in previous episodes. But still, it's Breaking Bad at its best. Overall, one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  10. Jun 30, 2013
    Just one of the best show you could possibly watch, probably the best of the best. I've always asked myself what this season could be without the "cut" to seven episodes.
  11. Jul 22, 2013
    Simply put, the best TV show ever made. Flawless and brilliant. The characters are great, the acting is superb, the story is never less than compelling, and the flourishes are stunning.
  12. Sep 3, 2013
    I put this show on through the first episode twice. When I finally decided to watch the show it ended up being literally one of the greatest shows I've ever seen!!! I'm so glad I was able to experience this show!!!!
  13. Sep 7, 2013
    Best show ever. it captures you from the outset and throughout. You get so attached to the characters it's just awesome. It's a really great show i don't even know why it's not that popular.
  14. Jan 4, 2012
    You owe it to yourself to give the show time to get a grip of you, because once it does it's one of the finest productions on television. I was skeptical at first; I didn't quite believe some of the motivations and didn't identify with most of the characters at the start, but after 4 seasons, which get better and better, I adore this show.
  15. Jul 21, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. ButAbsolutely brilliant! This show is hands down my favorite show on tv, period. First off, the cinematography is great! The camera angles and artistic views of New Mexico are fantastic. The premise is straight forward but gets more and more complicated as it goes on. The drama is top notch and the acting is superb. The things this honest man has to go through are mind bottling and sad. But you see a subtle transformation. He slowly starts to become,well, a badass. I don't know if it's for the better or worse, but I will be along for the ride the entire time. It's breathtaking. There has to be at least one moment when you are watching this show that you go,"Holy $#!%!" Collapse
  16. Aug 23, 2011
    Just.. fantastic. I'd be here all day praising it if I continue to write any more!
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    Not just the best tv show ever made (obvious fact), but so much more. One of the greatest achievements in cinema history. Better than almost every movie. Everyone involved in creating this series is the best filmmaker currently working.
    Completely unique, always surprising, groundbreaking, shocking, meaningful, special, horrifying, funny, heartbreaking, sad, profound, exciting, deeply tragic, ... there are no real words to describe it.
  18. Sep 26, 2011
    Nice series. Original and well filmed. Good cast as well. I enjoyed every bit.
  19. Oct 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't start watching this show until the 4th episode. But when I did see it I was hooked. I immediately watched the first three episodes and was blown away. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are two amazing actors and have great chemistry. The story telling is nothing short of great.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    There are very few series bind me and Breaking Bad is one of the series. Each episode had me on the voltage at the top and I wondered what will next happen. That's what makes a great series, voltage, no excessive violence, but really real, and many questions
  21. Dec 13, 2011
    This is one of the best TV dramas I've ever seen. The creative writing is terrific. The show is superbly well cast and well acted. I had no idea that "Whatley" had that kind of range, though he makes a fine talk show guest (one of the better appearances I've seen on Letterman).
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    I forgot how great TV could be until I saw this show. There is never a dull moment in Breaking Bad. The characters and character development are great, and the plot is just amazing. I can't recommend this show enough. If you haven't seen it yet, go on Netflix and start watching it immediately, you won't be able to turn away from your TV, and you won't want to.
  23. Dec 31, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find thisBreaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time Expand
  24. Jan 13, 2012
    Believe ALL of the hype! A one-of-a-kind masterpiece! .
  25. Jan 18, 2012
    Best thing to happen to TV in a very long time . Original, excellent character development excellent actors. Vince Gilligan appreciates his audience and never underestimates them what will we do when this story ends for good? Hope other producers and writers take note of this shows work when introducing us to a new TV show. Bravo.
  26. Jan 19, 2012
    It's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying atIt's actually sort of tough to rate the first season of Breaking Bad, because despite setting up the remainder of the show, it's just so damn different from the later seasons. The directing, cinematography, acting, and screenwriting are all fantastic, even if there aren't quite as many great moments as in seasons 2, 3, and 4. Some of the 'yeah, science!' moments were a bit annoying at first glance, but looking deeper there's actually a sort of satirical humor even there, and in any case, that aspect of the show was one of the first to disappear. The writers strike also makes it tough to evaluate the end of the season - I like to think of the second episode of season 2 as the final episode of this arc, which really makes a difference. Expand
  27. Feb 5, 2012
    This is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watchThis is hands down the best show AMC have produced, actually the best show on TV ever made. The story is superbly written by Vince Gilligan and the acting from Bryan Cranston (Walt) and Aaron Paul (Jesse) are top class. This show will keep you wondering in suspense 'What is going to happen next?' and the outcome of the scenario isn't what you would expect...which is why you should watch this incredible show. Expand
  28. Feb 21, 2014
    The story is engaging, the acting is fantastic and makes the characters seem so authentic and genuine. The audience is drawn to be sympathetic for Walt's predicament, but we can't condone the terrible choices he's had to make. The series produces an intense feeling of suspense and unease because it just never lets up. Just when you thought that one problem was solved, another problem arises.
  29. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad that the 5th season will be the last, but the story will remain timeless due to this shows wonderous philosophical agenda best show on basic cable in years
  30. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is really, really excellent. This is one of those shows that will be remembered and watch for yeas to come. Walter White transforms before our eyes from a mild mannered teacher to a drug kingpin. Expand
  31. Jul 4, 2013
    This is definetly without a shadow of doubt, one of the best series in history, few managed to pull such characters and plot as well as this TV series.Although it may seem that it's slow at first, it's pace is not nearly compared as the quality of story planning, acting and direction.
    In this stage where drama and tension simply take over the audience, Bryan Cranston performs brilliantly only to make people dive in even further into this scenario.It is absolutely amazing how AMC shows us the transformation and the path that all these characters go into, it is now crystal clear how powerful this Vince Gilligan's show can get, and how high can it achieve
  32. Jan 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad revealed itsself to me as one of the most exciting series af the last years. There is some pretty harsh material to make evening entertainment (cancer disease, drug addiction, family crisis). However Breaking Bad manages to maintain a high level of tension sugared with black humor, without becoming unbelievable or too clichee. A must watch!
  33. Sep 5, 2013
    I am barely on Season three and I am pretty much addicted to this show, I mean the story is interesting and keeps you on your toes during every episode. You think you know what's going to happen and then BAM! You weren't expecting this, you're excited for the next episode to play and through out the entire series...you're just like "Oh my god, this is...oh my god."...I recommend you watch this.
  34. Apr 20, 2013
    It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots.It´s making addictive, you never really know what´s happening next. You just gotta love all the characters and Bryan Cranston has the role of his life! Walter is just so badass and watching him getting through all this is very addictive. The only difficulties this series has though is that the third and fourth season are getting a lil bit boring but they still have some real kickass plots. This is one masterpiece of a series, and i really want to suck up the damn final part of season 5, but till then we have to wait for summer 2013. That´s a downside too. You have to wait nearly a whole year for a new season, but at least it´s worth it! WATCH IT! It´s a legendary TV Show you need to watch! Expand
  35. Apr 15, 2013
    An excellent start for one of the best television series of recent years. Bryan Cranston, showing his great quality, after playing perfectly the role of Walter White.
  36. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  37. Oct 7, 2013
    Cinematically rendered, Breaking Bad deftly mixes elements of black comedy, psychological thriller and crime drama to cook up (pun intended) something wonderful driven by the terrifically engaging writing of Vince Gilligan & Co. and Bryan Cranston's mesmeric lead performance.
  38. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  39. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the Sopranos, Dexter and Lost in my opinion!! Expand
  40. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Deserves 10 out of 10 easily. It got better and better in every season. Unfortunately, after you watch this show, you may want to cook your meth. Walter White may be your next role model.
  41. May 24, 2014
    I finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially byI finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially by Bryan Cranston, is some of the best I've ever seen, and his character development over the 5 seasons is amazing to watch. A must watch! One of the only series I have continued to think about and dwell on even after I've finished watching it all. Expand
  42. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que noBrutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  43. Dec 25, 2014
    I'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. HighlyI'm not a huge drama guy… I stick to sitcoms like the office, seinfeld and parks and rec. I hate when shows are hyped up by so many people, but Breaking Bad is not one of those shows. It is EXACTLY what everyone said it was. I was drawn right out of the gate with the pilot episode. You learn to either strongly love or passionately despise (in a good way) the characters of the show. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a new show to get wrapped up into. Expand
  44. Jan 15, 2015
    This series is the Michael Jordan of television. You can think of elements that make up a great TV show and probably all of those would fit Breaking Bad. The acting, the plot, the comedy, the seeming reality, the anticipation, the badass, the music, the "Whoa, did that just happen?" moments, the depth... it wouldn't take much for one to get hooked.

If you're thinking that this show is

If you're thinking that this show is just a drama about a man dying from cancer who turns into making meth for his family's betterment in the future, prepare to be mistaken.
  45. Nov 20, 2012
    Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the sopranos and the wire in my opinion
  46. Dec 4, 2012
    Realistic,touching and breathtaking.Waited for years to watch a show of that quality.
  47. Mar 13, 2013
    Great, awesome, spectacular. That´s 3 words which discribed those well spent 55 minutes of my day watching this tv show. Let´s start with the story: from the second the show starts you say "Oh my god!" (in the "this is awesome" way) for the first time. And i promise you, it wont be the last. The story engages you from the start and never lets you go. Even right now i look back to thoseGreat, awesome, spectacular. That´s 3 words which discribed those well spent 55 minutes of my day watching this tv show. Let´s start with the story: from the second the show starts you say "Oh my god!" (in the "this is awesome" way) for the first time. And i promise you, it wont be the last. The story engages you from the start and never lets you go. Even right now i look back to those awesome moments which make this tv show and i say "Damn, i can´t believe that happened!" (Again, in the holy sh*t that was awesome kind of way). There were so many moments where your jaw just had to drop and you couldn´t keep biting your nails. This show showed me that you can never run out of ideas. I know many good tv shows that start in an engaging season or episodes and the next ones just can´t live up to the previous ones. But this show improved with every season in every way. The actors are fantastic, specialy Brian Cranston who is for me the most interesting and badass of them all. Aaron Paul and Dean Norris were the other two who stood out. Of course the others were terrific too, like Anna Gunn and RJ Mitte. Every scene with Cranston in it you can´t keep your eyes of him (which is almost the whole show): The same goes to Aaron who makes his carachter, Jesse one of the funniest and most interesting figures in this tv show. The mood of the show is so dark and realistic and sometimes even funny. You can´t help but laugh in some scenes that are so f****d up but the way that the director portrays them is very humorous. By the way the director Vince Gilligan does an amazing job of setting tension, emotion and laughter. Another thing, the soundtrack! Every song fits perfectly with the scene it´s in. It pumps you up in such a way I hadn´t experienced yet. There are so many scenes I´d like to show you which include an awesome song, but dudes, I want to make this spoiler free. In the end this tv show is an example of spectacular acting, directing, editing and plot. All tv shows should take this show as an example and as inspiration. I´m so pumped for the upcoming finale because I´m sure they´ll get it right from what I´ve seen these past 4,5 seasons! Expand
  48. Sep 18, 2011
    Absolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing workAbsolutely gripping. This show keeps me on the edge of my seat so much so that I can only watch an episode or two at a time. A must see for anyone who likes drama with a bit of offbeat comedy. The only thing Bryan Cranston brings from his Malcom in the Middle is the "poor guy who's a victim of circumstance" act. Everything else in this series is a new, fresh, and sometimes disturbing work of TV gold. Expand
  49. Jul 25, 2011
    Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of,Absolutely superb! Gripping, intelligent, funny and wonderfully dark. The standard of acting is consistently high, as is the writing. All the characters are believable and interesting, managing to convince at each and every turn as they slowly descend into a life of criminality. The show seems to have an uncanny way of building tension, even in the normally mundane. Without doubt one of, if not THE best show of the last 10 years. If you havenâ Expand
  50. Sep 16, 2013
    Hands down one of the best ever show in TV history. The series gets better and better every season. Every single character showed how worthy he was of that role. Shoutouts to Bryan and Aaron.
  51. Oct 24, 2012
    Season 1 of HBO's Breaking Bad is a superbly acted and well crafted prologue to one of television's greatest gems, introducing the viewer to its compelling characters and plot lines while maintaining an addictive tempo.
  52. Jul 22, 2012
    One word: Amazing.
    Every critic that was given to this show is well-deserved and yes, it is getting better from season to season.
    The reason for this is - in my mind - very simple and obvious: Each season builds on the next, so in the end you just have one string of action, which extends more and more. I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite
    One word: Amazing.

I have to say, I am a huge "House M.D." fan, but this one did become my favorite instantly!
    Season 5 is no exception!
  53. Oct 9, 2012
    A little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually becomeA little too dark, a little too humourless, but this first season does a great job of showing a normal man descending into the world of meth production and distribution in a realistic manner. Although I found season one somewhat unenjoyable, it's worth continuing to the later seasons; there is more humour and quirkiness and interesting plot twists to come. This show will eventually become one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  54. Nov 9, 2012
    A short, but sweet taste of a show with a lot of promise. Let's see what they do with it.
  55. Nov 12, 2012
    If their is one show to demonstrate the power of acting its breaking bad, The pinnacle of television!! Walter White is One of the most fully fledged out characters to ever grace tv.
  56. pkd
    Feb 9, 2012
    This is a delightful show. fantastic story, great characters, wonderful acting, smart action - everything is 100% in place. I'd like to add "it's the best show i've ever seen" etc. etc. but that's a phrase i've been already using too many times...
  57. Aug 23, 2011
    The shows really deep and meaningful. It's more realistic than half the shows I see on television, which is why I love it. Camera Angles are great, acting superb, writing is tremendously great. best show I've seen in 10 years.
  58. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  59. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the mostSeemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the most part and is far to slow to even consider watching again as a whole. Expand
  60. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  61. Aug 3, 2013
    Awesome show so far. The acting is great and the plot is so creative and unique. Really well done all around. This show makes you want to keep coming back for more.
  62. Oct 21, 2012
    While it is an entertaining show. Much of it comes across as gimicky and corny. This show probably doesn't deserve the praise and accolades it has received however it is worth a view. Jesse and Walt are a modern day Laurel and Hardy when it comes to the drug business and no matter how much bungling they do, they always manage to end up on top usually with some comic plot twist. I enjoyWhile it is an entertaining show. Much of it comes across as gimicky and corny. This show probably doesn't deserve the praise and accolades it has received however it is worth a view. Jesse and Walt are a modern day Laurel and Hardy when it comes to the drug business and no matter how much bungling they do, they always manage to end up on top usually with some comic plot twist. I enjoy the slap stick nature of the show, but I'm not going to pretend this is the best thing on TV. Expand
  63. Mar 20, 2014
    I finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialogI finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialog and long silent shots of scenery. I don't know who's out there running the conspiracy, but I've seen some great shows and this is not one of them: proceed with caution. Expand
  64. Jun 17, 2012
    Good show, up until the parts with no action and talking and poor acting (maybe just boring conversations) from walts wife and sister. The chemistry is off, majorly, in the process of making Meth - could be forced to in order to not get people to cook meth, or what ever. Prime example of a show that pisses you off with the 1 year waiting period until the next season (with month longGood show, up until the parts with no action and talking and poor acting (maybe just boring conversations) from walts wife and sister. The chemistry is off, majorly, in the process of making Meth - could be forced to in order to not get people to cook meth, or what ever. Prime example of a show that pisses you off with the 1 year waiting period until the next season (with month long breaks inside each season). It really makes it hard to stay attached to the show. Expand
  65. Dec 23, 2014
    This has got to be one of the worst TV shows of all time. What do you people see in it? I wanted all the characters killed off except for Saul. Plot's dull. Storyline stupid... who in their right mind will cook meth in someone else's house while it is supposedly being renovated?
  66. Oct 18, 2011
    Without question the best show that has ever been on television. I am so spoiled by this show that everything else seems boring. I have started to grow more impatient with less interesting shows like Dexter, or True blood. Shows that I used to love have been ruined by Breaking Bad.
  67. Oct 8, 2011
    the show is something new and special and all about the characters. a milestone in tv history. sadly not that appreciated as it should be. first season started off perfect!
  68. Nov 13, 2011
    Easily one of the best shows on TV. Very original and Cranston is amazing in this. The one disapointing thing is that there are very few episodes so there isnt enough time to establish any plots or backstories for the future season. Acting is great and its highly addicting to watch.
  69. Apr 28, 2012
    This is actually my favourite TV show. I found out about it from Netflix and I got hooked. Every episode is interesting and I love the characters. Walt's wife is kind of annoying but aside from that this show is amazing in every way.
  70. Mar 18, 2012
    This is an outstanding Tv-series... highly addicted! All performances, script, music, production will blow you away... Surely the best series I've seen... Five stars *****
  71. Sep 7, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Genuine Joe Soap turns bad and hits all the inconveniences, heartache and heat that one would. Somewhat slow paced but I consider this something of an advantage of the series (although you might want to watch a box-set of the series possibly a couple of episodes at a time). Yeah science!
  72. Jul 30, 2014
    9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy stuff before he leaves this world & decides to make drugs (methamphetamine) with one of his former student & they sell it on a black market. And that's all! The only pros of this TV Show are some actors, which play really good, especially the main character, but it can't help this TV Show when plot is uninteresting & boring. During last episodes I was so bored, that I didn't even watch it normally. I was just listening to it & browsing the Internet at the same time. I quit at the beginning of the Season 2 & I don't even have a desire to continue it. Definitely not worth the 9.6. It's very overrated. I'm giving it 4 out of 10. Expand
  73. Jul 30, 2013
    I am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who isI am a huge TV person and well this is one of my all time favorites that is up there with 24 and Lost. The writing is awesome and I really like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul who really deserve their Emmy's. This is only the first season so it is a little slower than the others but it just gets better and better. The show is about a Chemistry teacher, Walter White (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to cooking meth to helping his families finances. He gets the help of former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) who is a drug dealer himself and together they make the high quality meth. Together through good and bad they seem to look out for each other and oddly have a good friendship as the show goes on although it may be hard to see. This TV show is one of the all time greats and I am going to watch the first half of season five again before the next part of it comes out August 11th which will sadly be the last part of this epic series. Expand
  74. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  75. Sep 6, 2013
  76. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  77. Sep 5, 2014
    very interesting !!!xdrtresteysetrtsre gsesrtrterhfeygstretggretuurruuugbriegeruig eirgieriueutertihuuugnneritie eiirtiieritieirtieiriigereirteiiertuhein ieeteeeerterte eterte
  78. Feb 16, 2015
    It didn't caught my attention, like it hasn't a good story for my expectation, it isn't mean that the show is a poor quality one, but it isn't my style of shows. I don't like it.
  79. Dec 9, 2014
    I watched the first two series twice but on each occasion gave up .. so recently with some time on my hands after a broken leg I decide to give it a go for the third time. I'm currently on series 4 episode 4 and have to say it's distinctly average. Not a patch on the wire, sopranos , game of thrones. Some scenes are genuinely riveting but there are long spells where it gets boring andI watched the first two series twice but on each occasion gave up .. so recently with some time on my hands after a broken leg I decide to give it a go for the third time. I'm currently on series 4 episode 4 and have to say it's distinctly average. Not a patch on the wire, sopranos , game of thrones. Some scenes are genuinely riveting but there are long spells where it gets boring and you lose attention. Hopefully it picks up soon but even if it does overall not good. Really can't see for the life of me what people see in it Expand
  80. Jul 14, 2013
    This is the most amazing show on television. I'm obsessed and everyone else should be as well. If you're not watching this show, watch it now! Unlike most other shows on TV, Breaking Bad just gets better and better. Season 5 was the best yet. I can't wait for the final season to start in a few weeks.
  81. Aug 22, 2010
    Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best shows I've seen on TV. There's nothing quite like it. The story is just superb. It's different than anything else out there - I hope AMC makes more like it.
  82. Aug 18, 2013
    Be warned, once you start watching. You wont be able to stop. This season is very good and is a bit boring at first but then it becomes more interesting.
  83. Oct 18, 2011
    Original (thank you, Weeds, but you're out), smart, creative and well played, Breaking Bad season one is quite of a masterpiece. And Bryan Cranston is wonderful, as always.
  84. Sep 10, 2010
    Striking an almost perfect balance between drama and pitch black comedy, Breaking Bad proves to be smart, fiendishly clever entertainment. Sort of like a TV version of Fargo.
  85. Sep 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the best television show ever created. Vince Gilligan and the rest of the breaking bad team are changing TV history with the most dramatic, tense, well acted, and addicting story of the character of Walter White.
  86. Jan 2, 2012
    Amazing show!! This season is great although at times it's a little slow, that's a good thing, this sets the balance and unveils some honesty within this amazing story. I would say this season and season/series 3 are on the same level. They both have some of the craziest episodes yet at times they are slow. But I like it this way. I would say season 2 and 4 are a little bit more consistent.
  87. Sep 29, 2011
    Goddamn. This could be the greatest show on TV. **** it. It is. Nothing else any any other network can parallel the unpredictability and pure genuis that steams from this show. It's thre greatest show since The Wire.
  88. Jan 1, 2014
    The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry.The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry. That only leaves room for improvement in future seasons. Having just finished season 1 on Netflix for the first time, I can say I'm hooked and look forward to the following four seasons of what I hear is one of the best on TV in recent years. Expand
  89. Nov 3, 2010
    Without a question this is the best show n TV right now. The first season was without parallel in television. At least in the past few years no show has been this good and original.
  90. Jun 18, 2011
    I cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killedI cannot decide which show is better, this one, or Mad Men. I am almost convinced that this show is better. The script, acting, directing and basically everything about this show is AMAZING. Sometimes you have to will yourself to make it through, but it is the most rewarding show. I love how Walt always cuts off the crust from his sandwiches now. Whatever happened to that guy he killed anyways? I cannot wait for the new season! AHHH! Expand
  91. Dec 12, 2012
    An insanely well-written master piece managing to balance everything that a TV-show should have while keeping things unpredictable and fresh over a prolonged amount of episodes. I would go so far as to say that it surpasses House, seeing how it has just the amount of focus on personal dilemma, keeping those inevitable obnoxious characters to a minimal.
  92. Apr 22, 2011
    it's incredibly refreshing and surprising. one of the best TV series I've watched for years. Instead of getting stale after the first season, the show gets better and better. the acting and characters are great. the story has lots of cliff hangers that make it hard to stop watching.
  93. Dec 14, 2010
    the critic reviews are to low that is because this show is not in a mayor network but without a doubt 100 in the top list big thump up for amc and i hope they don't try to strech the show and kill the greatness
  94. Dec 19, 2010
    I started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watchingI started watching this show after I saw 3 seasons of Madmen and 4 seasons of Dexter and thought nothing could be better than those 2 (I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of The Sopranos for the record) but hell I was so wrong, it is just difficult to explain how good Breaking Bad is, so I'll explain how I realized I loved this show; first of all I made a mistake and started watching season 3 instead of 1 so even when i didn't understand the characters past I got intrigued with they're story, luckily i found out about the mistake after episode 3 and started watching season 1 finally, so i was watching ep 1 thinking I already ruined the season with the spoilers I got from season 3 but after 2 or 3 episodes I just couldn't stop watching, it was the first time i watched a TV show for around 6 hours in a row! so after I finished season 1 and it was like 3 a.m. I started downloading the 2nd season, and that's how i realized how obsessed i was with the show. now I'll talk about the show itself, the setting, the actors performance, the script, the attention to little details and the fact that they're not not afraid of taking risks(unlike season 5's finale of Dexter), make of this the best show I've ever seen in my 20 years of living. Expand
  95. Sep 18, 2014
    The first season of this dark comedy-drama proves to me that the show has earned all the praise I have watched it receive. With excellent acting, an interesting idea, and unpredictable scenarios, it's one nice slice of compelling TV. It's first 7-episode season is awesome to say the least.

Watching mild-mannered Walter White (Bryan Cranston) turn into a hardcore meth maker is believable and real. The scenarios the show creates are a mix of family drama, outrageously dark and violent scenarios, and a surprising sense of humor. If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do. This first season is top-notch entertainment, and one of the best shows I streamed on Netflix. I can't wait to dive into season 2. I give season one a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  96. Dec 30, 2010
    With Friday Night Lights, the best show on television at the moment. Pretty nearly as good as The Sopranos, and that's even with Bryan Cranston's character being a dozen times more repressed than Tony. This isn't to say that there haven't been a couple of shockingly bed episodes, such as the one starring a fly in Walter's lab.
  97. Jan 26, 2011
    Very good show, and I love the storyline of Walt and his Meth. I was lead to this show from watching the entire series of The Wire and it left me wanting more from the Drug scene. Mixed with family drama, and real life situations Breaking bad delivers on all aspects of a show that I will continue to watch. It's in my top 5 for sure.
  98. Jan 26, 2011
    Very few shows come along that are as brillantly written as Breaking Bad. The writers have made a charecter who you root for, but know he is gonna get it in the end. The cast is the perfect mix of humor and drama, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat because you never know what will happen next.
  99. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Breaking Bad is worth a perfect score. Maybe you've heard everyone say: "Its the best show on TV"

"Best thing I've ever seen"

"You must see Breaking Bad, because its so good"

Are these statements true, yes. Yes they are! I've been on the edge of my seat from episode 1 to Season 5's Part 1 ending and I cant wait for Part 2 to se the conclusion of the show. I love the darkness of the show, it brings out the worst in people, nothing is black and white its all grey and everything can be rationalized. The two main characters Walter and Jesse are each others opposites. While you think that Walt is a respectable, caring, timid and just a normal man. Looking at him from the outside he might be just those things but his true nature is grim. Jesse on the other hand, at first impression he's a hard gangster and not caring but as the show progress he's the sentimental one and truly not a bad person. So what I guess the show is trying to say in a way is that you should'nt judge people based on appearance. If you have Netflix, season 1-4 is there, watch it today!
  100. Mar 7, 2012
    A great start to a great series. Some really memorable moments here and the beginning of Walt's transformation from "Mr. Chips to Scarface". Probably the weakest season of the show, but that doesn't mean it's not great.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.