• Network: AMC
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Sep 16, 2014
    Oh, wow.

I watched the first season already when it came out a few years back, but started watching the rest only a while ago. That resulted in me binging the last four seasons, 55 episodes, in four weeks. And those weeks must be the best ones of my life. Well, at least almost.

This is the way TV should be written. What a character study. It used so many techniques to highlight the
    depths of human nature. The show cleverly used the environment and objects to highlight the inner feelings of characters. The dialogue was well planned and sharp. The meth cooking was in the end just a small device to explore humanity and what drives people, whether towards good or bad. You know what? I could keep showering this show with praise, but I don't really need to, because most of you already know what I'm talking about.

What I will however say is this: I cannot understand those people who find this show boring, who think that the long scenes with dialogue are nonsensical. They apparently have no idea about quality writing and how stories are built up! I have no idea what kind of shows give a person satisfaction if Breaking Bad doesn't. This show is deeply emotional. How can a person find a show boring when innocent people in it have to suffer the ramifications of a few people's bad deeds? They say one cannot argue about taste, but when it comes to Breaking Bad, I think one can. All the awards and accolades speak for themselves. If one belongs to the tiny minority of people which doesn't like this show, then one needs to question one's understanding of superb story telling.
  2. Sep 5, 2014
    very interesting !!!xdrtresteysetrtsre gsesrtrterhfeygstretggretuurruuugbriegeruig eirgieriueutertihuuugnneritie eiirtiieritieirtieiriigereirteiiertuhein ieeteeeerterte eterte
  3. Aug 22, 2014
    I've only till a couple months ago learned why this show is rated as it is. Intense and human acting, with some f the best writing a basic cable television show has to offer. And an interesting story line to top it off. This is the show that will go down in history forever.
  4. Aug 17, 2014
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However, any flaws present here are largely overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy stuff before he leaves this world & decides to make drugs (methamphetamine) with one of his former student & they sell it on a black market. And that's all! The only pros of this TV Show are some actors, which play really good, especially the main character, but it can't help this TV Show when plot is uninteresting & boring. During last episodes I was so bored, that I didn't even watch it normally. I was just listening to it & browsing the Internet at the same time. I quit at the beginning of the Season 2 & I don't even have a desire to continue it. Definitely not worth the 9.6. It's very overrated. I'm giving it 4 out of 10. Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    The most additive tv show ever, excellent performances and exquisite history from begin to end. You must view this serie and you will not regret. The rating as pure as the meth superior 9.1
  7. Jul 10, 2014
    Brutal. Tenía muchísimas ganas de seguir esta serie y ya el piloto me enganchó. A partir de ahí Breaking Bad es una droga, no puedes parar de verla. La primera temporada, pese tener solo 7 capítulos, es sublime. Es una de las mejores primeras temporadas que he visto jamás en una serie. Junto con la segunda, son las temporadas mas divertidas de la serie. Luego se vuelve mas seria (que no mas mala) y se hecha algo en falta el estilo de los dos protagonistas al principio de la serie, cuando eran como dos pardillos en un mundo de locos. Los actores están genial pero Cranston es un punto y aparte. El guión es muy original y la trama nunca decae, siempre te mantiene interesado y despierto. Si aun no la has visto ya estás tardando. Expand
  8. Jul 9, 2014
    Хоть начало сногсшибательной криминальной драмы и может показаться достаточно унылым, стоит помнить, что самый сок еще впереди.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    Une serie remarquable qui m'a tenu en haleine. Le ton, le rythme, la psychologie des personnages, ont transformé chaque étape du parcours de walter en chef d'oeuvre d'intelligence et d'humour noir.
    Un chef d'oeuvre.
  10. Jul 5, 2014
    Out of every movie, tv-show, or anything that has been displayed on a screen for that matter, this, THIS show is the best thing I have ever seen. When people ask my top 3 favourite movies, I say breaking bad anyways. Down right spectacular with an ending that was none other than perfect. I can't believe people could make something so good, it's just outrageous. If anyone gives it under a 9, they didn't pay attention to the show. I am not the danger, I am the danger. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    Probably the greatest TV show I've ever seen. Great characters, dialogue and suspense with a little bit of humour.. Bryan Cranston is remarkable and Aaron Paul is fantastic. Some episodes are small masterpieces of suspense. Bravo!
  12. Jun 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad was and still is the best TV Show and I just love it. I might be a guy who really doesn't care about shows that get talked about a lot. So when I was recommended the show I was like OK fine. The pilot episode got hooked I'm in. I wanted to see where these characters go; I wanted to see the ideas and plot twist and turns. The show is just so good, by the end of the show in season 5 episode 15 I'm really happy.

Breaking Bad is a masterpiece and it will be remembered. So hail to the king. And thank you ever much for reading, Goodbye.
  13. Jun 24, 2014
    The best show ever made begins. It did have a great season. Breaking Bad will later become the best show ever made. That's how awesome this shows becomes
  14. Jun 21, 2014
    The smartest American drama to ever hit TV with sharp wit, tragedy and violence all wrapped up in the dangers of meth cooking and dealing. Vince Gilligan ensures you will laugh, cry and squirm in this fantastic opening of a TV show. 8/10
  15. Jun 12, 2014
    This is the best television series in the history of television. Breaking Bad is put together well. All of the actors fit their roles perfectly, the story line is unmatched . The cinematic views of Albuquerque, New Mexico are breath-taking, and the violence is, well, violent.
    Season 1 through the first have of the 5th season is very entertaining, keeps a great story line with suspense.
    The 2nd half of the 5th season is when all hell breaks loose. Edge of your seat entertainment. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you are missing out on television history! Expand
  16. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've marathon watched breaking bad all 5 seasons from beginning to end, in about a month and a half. is it a good tv series? yes. Is it overrated by the media? hell yes. Overall Breaking Bad is a good tv show, but overrated as heck. The positives: Gustavo Fring and the fear, suspense he bought to the show, Walter White(Bryan cranston) was a very likeable and good actor, it had a lot of suspenseful moments. The negatives: Walter White's family (skyler and his son) were so underwhelming and had no impact on the show except was there to be annoying and to be fillers. The ending (and season 5 in general) was very disappointing; they tried to create a grand ending (with the machine gun and the car); but it just didnt work at all.. to be honest I'll be more content with the series ending at season 4 than watching season 5 and being disappointed. I understand this show is in Walter White's perspective, but to not know what happens after he dies is unacceptable. Like what happened to skyler and jess pinkman? To be honest If I was to reccomend the show to someone, I'll say start watching the show when Gustavo was first introduced, and stop watching after his death. Still a solid show tho. 85/100 Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2014
    One of the best TV Shows ever made, AMC's Breaking Bad proves that creating a new idea and putting that idea to work can indeed work out well. This show has some of the most well-written, well-developed, and overall well-made characters on the small screen. This is a show which you will find yourself losing hours in as you delve into this brilliant work.
  18. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Jun 6, 2014
    Very good acting of bryan cranston, the way he laughed,and threat peoples and family,great story,make sense,and how they make their meth,they sell it,and they got many problems,very logic,this is my favorite tv series,the course that can we learn,very useful for our life
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    This show is perfect. There is not other way to describe it. Excellent acting from all characters with an excellent, entertaining story. There is never a dull or boring moment in this show, all the way from the brilliant pilot to the superb ending. If you haven't seen this show yet, give it try, you won't be disappointed.
  21. Jun 5, 2014
    This is how TV should be done. A story that has never been seen before, tremendous acting skills, and cliffhangers at every turn. If you've never watched Breaking Bad, you should. ****
  22. Jun 4, 2014
    Absolutely brilliant. There are of course a few discrepancies but it isn't every day you find a show like this; mature, gripping, intelligent. It's also so ridiculously refreshing to find a high profile mature show which doesn't throw in sex scenes just because it can- retaining its artistic integrity.
  23. Jun 1, 2014
    Yeah It's that good. 150 characters worthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  24. May 30, 2014
    Breaking Bad is an incredible experience and a T.V show worth watching more than any other. Honestly, it is a hugely interesting and captivating. Bryan Cranston's acting was purely mesmerizing and he rightfully made Breaking Bad one of the most popular shows on T.V!

"Fulminated Mercury and a bit of chemistry magic."
  25. May 26, 2014
    This is my favourite show at the moment. I love the writing and dialogue, and Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor as well. I'm on season 2 episode 9 on Netflix. You should definitely check this show out.
  26. May 24, 2014
    I finally took the plunge with BB as I had been putting it off not believing the "hype" about the series. Best decision I ever made!! Absolutely incredible series! I ended up watching all 5 seasons within about 4 weeks as it is incredibly addictive. As previous reviewers have said the seasons get better and better, ramping up the action stories with each season. The acting, especially by Bryan Cranston, is some of the best I've ever seen, and his character development over the 5 seasons is amazing to watch. A must watch! One of the only series I have continued to think about and dwell on even after I've finished watching it all. Expand
  27. May 16, 2014
    My favorite TV series to date. A downfall story told over a period of time with everything in between. An epic downfall with hapy endings not included.
  28. May 13, 2014
    Normally when I hear about the next big American TV show, I think "oh no, here we go again". But you know what, I am absolutely stunned by how incredible Breaking Bad truly is. Superb actors and an incredible story from start to finish. My only regret is not being able to rate Breaking Bad above 10.
  29. May 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV series of all time. Fantastic story, all episodes are extraordinary. Love this series, and am a big fan. Breaking Bad is **** Epic series!!!!!!!!!!
  30. May 7, 2014
    This was the best show on TV, in my life time (and I am in my mid 40's), EVER. Really...really recommend it to everyone. A real "page turner". Deserves much more then a 9.4 user rating.
  31. Apr 18, 2014
    The beginning of something special. From the first second of this story to the last, it owns you. There is not a dull moment throughout. To put it simply, this is just the first of five incredible seasons.
  32. Apr 16, 2014
    When you first hear from people "Breaking Bad will change your life." You find it extremely hard to believe, it seems like a good show, but overhyped by the fans of the show. Nope. Breaking Bad is potentially the best written show ever put to the small screen. Vince Gilligan clearly demonstrates his skills in writing making these empathetic but also despicable characters. Their bitterness towards each other makes them feel even more real. In terms of performance, everyone is superb. Who would have thought the man who was once known as being in Power Rangers a few times and Malcom's dad from Malcom in the middle would become probably the most inspirational but also pitiful characters ever. Aaron Paul also does a great job as Jesse. Deserves every bit of praise if gets. Expand
  33. Apr 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad and meth have many similarities. There both extremely addicting. Will make you scratch your skin and eyes. Will take your feelings and rape them till you are forced to fall in love with it. And when that day comes that your no longer hooked on BB you will get them memories that Will pop in your head and make you think......... (is Walter White really dead?)
  34. Apr 4, 2014
    Breaking bad is very phenomenal. Works quite the emotional side while tense. The final ta getting electrifying! Which by the way in all the episodes from beginning to end!
  35. Mar 31, 2014
    This is the best show I have ever watched and I believe this series will be the classic of our generation. Credit to the writers, the producers and most importantly the actors, especially Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul. If you haven't watched it WATCH IT !!!!!
  36. Mar 27, 2014
    Im not going to deny that Breaking Bad can be slowly some times and some things it´s not very realistic (little things really), but you can't avoid fell in love of some characters and their struggles. Breaking bad never fails me in a shocking-final-unexpected moment and it´s a show worth watching.
  37. Mar 27, 2014
    Primera temporada fue buena, tuvo momentos muy buenos, un Walter White que reciene entra a este mundo criminal con la fabricacion de la metanfetamina azul, pese a tener solo 7 episodios en su haber por culpa de la huelga de guionistas en 2007, esta temporada sirve para que conozcas a los protagonistas y por supuesto a Walter y a Jesse, y las situaciones en que se meten.
  38. Mar 26, 2014
    Absolutely Astonishing. Breaking bad left me speechless---because their are no words to describe the show. Amazing. Breaking bad is the best television show that has ever been placed on television by anyone. You will find nothing like it----nothing compares to it. If Breaking Bad was made for universal domination beyond every single TV show that has transpired from the very beginning, it has done it. And done in the most perfectly executed way imaginable. Nothing in history will come close the the brilliance that is Breaking Bad. Ever. Expand
  39. Mar 26, 2014
    Without question the best show that's ever been on TV - prove me wrong. I'm sure Dexter's Michael C. Hall watched the finale and said "Oh **** so that's how you do it"

40. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  41. Mar 20, 2014
    I finally took the plunge to join metacritic because it has been so accurate for me in for so many shows, except Breaking Bad. The cinematography was good, and the story was compelling just barely enough that I forced myself to watch the entire series. Overall, the characters have poor chemistry and do unrealistic things for each other, and the show crawls extremely slow: very soapy dialog and long silent shots of scenery. I don't know who's out there running the conspiracy, but I've seen some great shows and this is not one of them: proceed with caution. Expand
  42. Mar 18, 2014
    O Breaking Bad, you are but a splendid concoction of shameless grit, dark wit, phenomenal acting, dynamic male AND female characters, fast paced action and pensive, subtle reflection, all simmering together in the same deliciously debauched stew.
  43. Mar 13, 2014
    Without a doubt a cult classic. A show that has both humour and dark, shocking, unexpected moments in perfect timing. Fantastic actors, interesting characters with real personalities. Very few series come close to this. Deserves no less than a 10.
  44. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the most part and is far to slow to even consider watching again as a whole. Expand
  45. Feb 24, 2014
    I did not want to watch this when it was running weekly, thought it sounded stupid, but my daughter signed us up for Netflix, saw it on there on a Thursday, watched the pilot.....hooked, just watched the final episode on Monday night. Yes, I need a life, but I was mesmerized. I could be critical of a few things here and there, but chose to let it take me, and what a rush. Dexter, BB, not sure which I'd take to desert isle. Expand
  46. Feb 21, 2014
    The story is engaging, the acting is fantastic and makes the characters seem so authentic and genuine. The audience is drawn to be sympathetic for Walt's predicament, but we can't condone the terrible choices he's had to make. The series produces an intense feeling of suspense and unease because it just never lets up. Just when you thought that one problem was solved, another problem arises.
  47. Feb 17, 2014
    I was totally amazed by the first season. It started big and unexpected and kept the suspense and unpredictability going. Both Walt and Jesse are interesting and engaging characters and I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.
  48. Feb 16, 2014
    It's just a beautiful show, and I fell in love with it from the very first series. It's just a masterpiece! More there is nothing to say. Unequivocally the best TV series ever.
  49. Feb 8, 2014
    Outstanding, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Deserves 10 out of 10 easily. It got better and better in every season. Unfortunately, after you watch this show, you may want to cook your meth. Walter White may be your next role model.
  50. Jan 31, 2014
    The first season was pretty good. It especially got me hooked with the season finale and Bryan Cranston's performance is just OMG! It was a bit slow, because of the build up, but it all pays off in the later seasons.
  51. Jan 29, 2014
    It's a good series overall. They portray meth-heads pretty well, and at times it's so spot-on that it's painful to watch. One gripe I have is that it fails to break away from that typical family-drama that's in just about everything. I don't care whether the wife is upset, get down to business and cook that meth! Some of that drama was really, really pointless in context (ex: husband is a meth cook for christ's sake, and he gets **** out when he comes home to dinner late? come on.) Just about every character's a prick or a douchebag and extremely hatable. Quite honestly I don't know if it's a good or bad thing for others; for me I had to take a break every now and then because I wanted to kick most of these people throughout the series, with the exception of Jesse. It's a title my dad picked up though, and the last time he watched anything on TV is the Super Bowl or some obscure 70's show from his childhood, so that's saying a lot. Expand
  52. Jan 27, 2014
    This is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Smells top notch quality from bottom to top. Screenwriting, acting, directing... everything is great. Characters are unbelievably well created and crafted. Definitely suggesting to my friends!
  53. Jan 24, 2014
    I really don't have the words to describe how awesome Breaking Bad was, i mean, in what way we can describe so much reality in so little time? Walter is a chemistry teacher who is tired of most of the things he missed in his life and then he turns out to be the perfect "outlaw" to do something he never imagined doing. Making drugs, cooking meth, getting real money in something that he's really talented, it's quite amazing the way all the parts of the plot get together in the end, it's hands down one of the best TV series ever made. I could watch Breaking Bad over and over again and wouldn't get bored. It deserves a incredible 10/10. Expand
  54. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great show, it is very fast and the acting is great. Every season gets better and better. Cranston and Paul's performances are unbelievably good. Best show on television, Better than the Sopranos, Dexter and Lost in my opinion!! Expand
  55. Jan 22, 2014
    Would you be Randy Pausch or Walter White? If you are a BB fan, and you are not familiar with Pausch's "The Last Lecture," I strongly recommend you read Lecture to compare and contrast two very different approaches to a problem. To be sure, fiction v. non-fiction is not a fair fight. Nevertheless, I find these two works a thought provoking juxtaposition.
  56. Jan 21, 2014
    Four months ago the last episode aired and it just occurred to me that I don't want to know what happens to Jesse afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Skyler White afterwards; I don't want to know what happens to Walter Jr. afterwards. I would be perfectly happy to never see them again. Each character was tossed into the fire and there is nothing left of them but a dried out husk. Not only is this the best show on television ever made, but it gives new meaning to the word "finality". Expand
  57. Jan 19, 2014
    Possibly the best TV series I've seen so far; great cast, great storyline and overall a great show. Hopefully the spin-off series will live up to expectations... Definitely worth checking out on Netflix!
  58. Jan 19, 2014
    Simply put, fantastic.

I've seen all seasons and am now feeling serious withdrawal symptoms. It's a depressing fact knowing that it's finished and won't ever see another new episode. This is testament to it's sheer brilliance though.

Cranston has come a long way since 'Malcolm in the middle'. This show forced him right up through a long list of great actors and I can safely say that
    he's up there for good, as one of the greats.

Watch this now.
  59. Jan 18, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best TV show out there. Great acting, great sound effects and one of the greatest stories made into a TV show because it is like no other similar to it out there unlike for example detective type TV shows.
  60. Jan 17, 2014
    i dont know why some disliked the show. it was soo much personal that one got to sync soo much with the characters that it felt like a real life story being retold on tv. I hoe there is a very dramatic spinoff that will continue the magic
  61. Jan 15, 2014
    There's no escaping it. This is simply the best show ever put on TV. Whilst many may find Season One to be quite slow, Seasons Two through Five entirely justify the hype.
  62. Jan 10, 2014
    It's ridiculous to me that anyone could give this a poor rating. This is by far one of the greatest TV shows ever made. The character development is incredible. Everyone who gave this a negative review is just trying to draw attention to themselves and pretend they are above it. Pure ludicrous. This show ALMOST trumps the Sopranos.
  63. Jan 8, 2014
    This show is good, but i seriously don't see how people are saying it is amazing, YET. As of right now season 1 is good, hopefully it gets better judging how people will kill anyone who on this show.
    The only good actor is the main character everyone is sub par... i actually laughed a few times at some bad acting (first episode mainly) The thing that bothers me most is that i don't
    care about any character except walt.. if they all died next episode i would not even care. Expand
  64. Jan 2, 2014
    The first season starts well, with a great storyline characters interesting. Cm sure Breaking Bad is one of the best series ever made in recent decades.
  65. Jan 1, 2014
    The first season of Breaking Bad is good. It carries an interesting set of characters and a pretty fresh plot compared to much of what is on TV in 2009-2013 timeframe. Yet I feel that this show has yet to really take off. All the badassery Breaking Bad flashes doesn't get all the support it needs from other aspects of the show. At times the direction and production come off a bit dry. That only leaves room for improvement in future seasons. Having just finished season 1 on Netflix for the first time, I can say I'm hooked and look forward to the following four seasons of what I hear is one of the best on TV in recent years. Expand
  66. Dec 27, 2013
    The Greatest show of All Time.. or at least in the top 2 along with The Wire... Bryan, Aaron, and the whole cast give A+++ performance.. Dead Freight or Ozymandias are the two best episodes of the show and both come in the last season. This is a must for anyone with a pulse.
  67. Dec 23, 2013
    Bryan Cranston is a hell of an actor! His performance is absolutely amazing! Best show ever! Since first episode I knew it was going to be good but it turned to be a fantastic, amazing show! This is a must-see!
  68. Dec 22, 2013
    One of the BEST shows I've ever watched. I don't get into television much but this was worth following. The first TV show I ever felt sad when a character died and where I was on the edge of my seat.

I wish my memory could be wiped so I could re-live watching it again.

Overall, the BEST television show I ever saw and definitely surpasses shows like Dexter and The Walking Dead.
  69. Dec 20, 2013
    Vince Gilligan's groundbreaking television series begins with a bang, but there is a sense of something missing throughout this first season. However any flaws present here are overshadowed with phenomenal acting on the part of Bryan Cranston.
  70. Dec 13, 2013
    I recently have gotten into binge watching TV Series. I was heavily into Sons of Anarchy and when I got to the end I was so thirsty to watch something else that, after reading all of the great reviews I decided on Breaking Bad.

I just finished the first season and it was pretty good. But I have to say after all the great reviews and comments everywhere I am a bit disappointed. Like I
    said the show is pretty good but it certainly doesn't captivate me nearly as much as other shows I've watched.

The drug-dealing side of the story is very interesting and the family side is totally depressing but I don't really feel realism from either side. One note is that all I've watched is season one (only 7 Episodes) so hopefully it picks up dramatically from here and I have to come back and amend this review. I really want to be able to enjoy this show as much as I did "Sons"
  71. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season starts Breaking Bad off with a bang, and the intentionally dark nature and constant plot twists make you want to keep watching. Cranston and Paul make a perfectly contrasting pair, and as a result watching the smallest arguments between them is entertaining.
  72. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of my most favorite TV series ever, Breaking Bad is masterful. The cast is just so well put together in my opinion, every role was given to the definitive actor to play it. The premise is that Walter White, a troubled family man and chemistry teacher diagnosed with lung cancer develops a crazed fail-safe to enter the grim and violent world of drugs to make lots of dough so that he can secure his family's financial future in case he passes away. But, soon he realizes that even if he becomes cured, the drug world will pose as a new life threat, not only to himself, but to his entire family.

I watched four seasons of Breaking Bad in less than a week..that just shows how much in love I fell with this show. The first season had a little bit of a slow start and felt kind of disjointed in certain areas, but it did a great job in introducing the audience to Walter White. I did not give up on the entire series solely because of season one because I knew that it was going to pick up, and only get better. And boy, was I right. This show has so many tense moments it's unreal. One moment of the series in particular, had me in a nervous wreck, and that is the sequence when Hank Schrader is in the parking lot of a grocery store about to be attacked by the two freakishly intimidating cartel gun men(Tuco Salamanca's cousins). Man, did this moment have me at the edge of my seat. There are many more moments in this series that had me in a nervous wreck as well, but for sake of giving a brief review, I will just say that the shows is filled with tense moments.

Not one actor in this show disappointed me. I feel that everyone was properly and correctly cast. I can't see anyone else playing Walter White than Bryan Cranston. The same goes for Aaron Paul, who does fantastic in his portrayal of a young, brash, hardheaded and sometimes youngster Jesse Pinkman. As for the supporting cast, they were all great in my opinion too. Anna Gunn sure has the talent to play a wife who is almost always a thorn to the side of Walter. I notice her character gets a lot of hate, and for me, that just shows that Anna Gunn is doing something right. R.J. Mitte, who unfortunately like his character, Walter Jr, suffers from cerebral palsy in real life, does a great job as the teenage son of the White's. To wrap up my opinion on the characters of this show, I must say that they were all relevant and memorable. Characters like Gus Fring, Mike Ehrmantraut, Saul Goodman and many others are, for lack of a better word, memorable.

Overall, Breaking Bad is a superbly crafted crime thriller packed with excitement and suspense, overall good pacing, and a great cast.

Season 1 rating 8/10

Season 2 rating 9/10

Season 3 rating 10/10

Season 4 rating 9/10

Season 5 rating 8/10

Final Season rating 9/10
  73. Dec 7, 2013
    Absolute BEST TV show of all time. The show is a work of art and will be known forever. It is the Mona Lisa of the t.v. industry. It is full of symbolism and deep meaning. Should be watched by anyone who enjoy good television work.
  74. Dec 6, 2013
    the best. a masterpiece. WORDLESS. if you wanna see a good mix between story, action, drama and humor in a single show: you MUST see Breaking Bad!!!!!
  75. Nov 30, 2013
    Nunca antes hemos visto un programa como este en television, me atrapo desde el primer episodio, realmente si nunca vieron esto les digo que le den una oportunidad
  76. Nov 26, 2013
    Brilliant all around! What more can be said?! The ONLY character that DIDN'T meet their demise but SHOULD'VE...Skyler White. I just hope Saul can bring a little taste of BB with his show! He hasn't missed so far!
  77. Nov 26, 2013
    I didn't get into this show until Season 5 part 2 almost came around, but I wish I got into it sooner, this is easily the greatest live-action show I've ever seen.
  78. Nov 23, 2013
    I've started watch the show after all the hype it's has been receiving, and I got to say, I understand why. The story is pure intensity, the protagonist is probably the most interesting character I've seen in television. One of the only problems I can think of as of right now, is that there is some really annoying characters.
  79. Nov 23, 2013
    Shows like this don't come around to often. Breaking bad has consistently been amazing for all 5 seasons, and that's rare in the world of television. In most cases shows like breaking bad will be drawn out for 8 seasons until its been ruined by greedy executives. Luckily BB ended while it still was amazing and thank god for that.
  80. Nov 21, 2013
    I love this show. Just watched the finale about a week ago. I can safely say that Breaking Bad is one of the greatest TV shows ever. Great acting, writing... everything is good! I have to admit, first season might seem boring to some, but it will get better, MUCH better!
  81. Nov 12, 2013
    Foi com certeza, a temporada mais fraca da série, de início você não enxerga a genialidade dela, mas depois você percebe o quanto ela foi importante para o desenvolvimento da série. Breaking Bad uma obra prima.
  82. Nov 11, 2013
    The Breaking Bad series ended last summer after five ten-rated seasons. It was so artistically crafted and written that when I tuned into the series from the first episode, I couldn't "put it down". Creator Vince Gilligan's oft-stated observation that pitching the idea of an older high school teacher becoming a meth drug kingpin was way off the wall, along with his being surprised that it ever got franchised is a true assessment, but it did take off, at first probably due to the broad appeal to younger American baby boomers who are reaching the peak of their years of adventure and risk and seeking something vicarious from Walt's insane and murderous conduct.

With that being said, the story then grows legs from the creative mind of Gilligan and writing staff who managed to develop characters, plots and edgy situations that Talking Bad's Chris Hardwick said he felt he needed therapy after viewing certain episodes. True that. Breaking Bad episodes time and again leave one with a very uneasy feeling. If you're seeking happy endings, and feel-good story lines, probably you should stick to CSI and Bones. If you want some kind of over the top, absurdly plotted and written stories try Sons of Anarchy or some other such pablum being fed as though it were real steak.

No, Breaking Bad has more grit, exposes more real world situations than is really comfortable to witness. To make this review short, Walt, after his cancer and meth lab exploration winds up in the end with all of the gruesome plot lines being tied together so while the ending is anything but "happy", it is satisfyingly well knotted by Gilligan. I cannot wait to see what this genius does next. He's so much more with it and better at telling a story than J.J. Abrams ever thought of being.

With Gilligan, as you view his craftsmanship in Breaking Bad, unfolds creative work that seems to know where it is going, rather than becoming "Lost" in it's own title, like "Lost" was. Gilligan has and keeps control of his story for five years without ever flinching and never seeming to give in to some outside financial pressure that would push him to extend the tale to absurd lengths just to keep ratings and an audience and a steady stream of contracts coming his way. That Gilligan respects the audience enough to tell the true story and the story enough to tell it true and then FINISH the story when the story is over, is most commendable and for that he in turn deserves respect as a true artist. He is the one who called the end the end, five years is enough. Tell the story and then the story is done. Kudos Mr. Gilligan. And what a kick-ass ending it was! For this and so many other reasons, Breaking Bad rates a full 10.9 as far as I'm concerned.
  83. Nov 9, 2013
    By far the greatest series to grace television. The story is impeccable, the actors are amazing and the characters within the series are now iconic. Watching this character go from high school chemistry teacher to drug kingpin is perfect. The transformation from Walter White to Heisenberg is some of the best television in history.

At first, Walt may seem like he is in over his
    head...but he is the one who knocks! 10/10! Expand
  84. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best series I have ever watched and I don't think anything can be as good as this. I've loved the series since the start and watched every episode but didn't get really hooked until the ending of season 1. great ending and great tv show... Heisenberg will never die Expand
  85. Nov 6, 2013
    Simply put.. The Best TV show ever created.. the only possible show to beat it in those regards is Game of Thrones if you prefer fantasy.. But if you prefer to see the story of a man shoved to the breaking point by cancer and end up mixed with the drug cartel this is the show for you
  86. Nov 5, 2013
    Better than The Walking Dead. The story is fantastic and original and the writing is amazing. I've never than more engaged to characters in my life. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have fantastic chemistry on screen. I can't stop watching.
  87. Oct 28, 2013
    Gangsta mothaf**ka! Breaking Bad is currently one of the best tv shows running. Bryan Cranston from the awful Malcolm in the Middle is back on a meth ride with his new show Breaking Bad. First of all, this is a meth show, so ya know don't expect Cranston killing chickens. Plz. This is THE BEST TV SHOW ever made. I love it to death. Guns, batches of drugs and meth lords. Breaking bad rocks.
  88. Oct 24, 2013
    People are just stupid! STUPID! Someone tells them that a show is a hit or something and they start watching it. People used to find this show boring and slow, it was a cult show, but now everybody are watching it! I find Bryan Cranston amazing! He is so captivating! Young Aaron is quite good too. But the story-line? They try to make this show grounded to reality, when is so illogical and so film-ish, I just can't stand it. People clearly haven't heard of European cinema where the real gritty realism can be found! This is fake! You know you are watching a TV series.

Walter White and Bryan Cranston are the only reason anyone should watch this show! Nothing else! The title made me wanna continue with the show, because I can see the glory that awaits us soon after Walter truly breaks bad!

The acting is great, the direction is also great, but the plotting is stupid and illogical for a show that tries to be logical and real! What I am saying is that: The show isn't that bad, It's just isn't good either. It's just a show!
  89. Oct 19, 2013
    the first season of breaking bad is good but still has stories in the first season that did not need to be counted or are useless but even so this was a good season.
  90. Oct 18, 2013
    I watched this show from its humble roots until its huge finale. While I love this show, I can't honestly say I enjoyed it from head to toe. While the finale 3 seasons are beyond amazing, there were only bits and pieces of the first 2 years that I truly enjoyed (A Crazy Handful of Nothing being my longstanding favorite until season 4's "Crawlspace"). This is a truly great series, don't just pass it off if you don't like the earlier episodes. Expand
  91. Oct 14, 2013
    Breaking Bad misturas desespero e desonestidade e bota o espectador para se questionar, enquanto isso você sente medo, dó, nojo, ódio. Uma premissa angustiante que usa um vilão bonzinho, a pergunta ate quando? ate onde?
  92. Oct 12, 2013
    The Best Show Ever! It´s like a Long Movie, the best movie i saw!!!! Everything is perfect in the minimum details...I Love Breaking Bad!!! Gonna Miss the Show!!!!!
  93. Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone who has not watched this show is missing out on what is, quite possibly, the best series of all time... no joke... The brilliance of the writing, directing and acting are second to none. I love the way an episode early in a season will have a seemingly insignificant scene in it and then later in the episode or sometimes even a few episodes down the line you realize just how significant that particular scene is to the story. I've never seen anything as masterful as Breaking Bad. Expand
  94. Oct 7, 2013
    Cinematically rendered, Breaking Bad deftly mixes elements of black comedy, psychological thriller and crime drama to cook up (pun intended) something wonderful driven by the terrifically engaging writing of Vince Gilligan & Co. and Bryan Cranston's mesmeric lead performance.
  95. Oct 2, 2013
    By far not the best season but it set things up so perfectly despite having the least amount of meat in the show. It stars Bryan Cranston as Walter H. White, a high school chemistry teacher who "breaks bad" with a former student Jesse Pinkman portrayed by Aaron Paul and we see them make and manufacture Crystal Meth this may sound off to someone who hasn't seen the show but I suggest you watch one episode and you will be hooked the writing is so tight, no pun intended and I haven't seen any thing like it since Dexter Season 4. 8/10. The Best TV Show I have ever seen. Expand
  96. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best shows in years, hands down one of my favorites.

Not every episode is a straight 10, but that doesn't matter. The overarching storylines and character development are what drives this show. The ending really doesn't disappoint like so many other shows.

I can't wait for the Saul Goodman spinoff.
  97. Sep 30, 2013
    Great TV show, with well developed characters, and shocking things about human mentality. Walt is a great evil mastermind, who loves his family, but also developes a big love for his work and money, and this will give a basic point for a twistable story, which was a challenge successfully achieved by the creator. There were so many boring episodes, sometimes I think I would have just skipped them, but it was worth to see the better episodes. Expand
  98. Sep 30, 2013
    Best drug ever. Not meth, but Breaking Bad. One of the most intelligent drama's made to date. Some of the best acting and mostly flawless. On paper the storyline sounds cheesy but they've created something very special here which will be remembered by most people forever. Thank you to everyone who created this.
  99. Sep 30, 2013
    Breaking bad has to be one of the best [if not the best] TV series ever made, the writing is impeccable, ever single episode is perfectly paced, the characters are complete and well made, soundtrack is perfectly selected, and of course, the story is not only intriguing, it's addictive!

Totally buying whatever special edition full series box they come up with.
  100. Sep 25, 2013
    love the show, this season its bored for some people, but its a masterpiece, in this season you can see the major changes of Walter White, i love this show, its my favourite by far

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.