Breaking In : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 6, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
7.1

1. Apr 9, 2011
    Great cast. The writing seems to rely on silly catch phrases (and not even original ones). The entire agency seems to exist mostly to impress the new guy. I did enjoy the pranks (although they were a bit elaborate) and I am a Chistian Slater fan. Here's hoping this was just a case of trying too hard the first time out.
  2. May 18, 2011
    I was really hoping for something from this show but after 7 episodes I give up. Ridiculous can be great and I often love it but this is the other type of ridiculous. The plot conceits are forced and clichéd. The story lines can be seen a mile off and the chemistry just doesn't work. It's not believable even if you take into account the fantasy reality setting. Poor.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    While this show had some original ideas and was "funny-ish", I found it a little boring. At first I thought it would be a 40 minute drama-comedy, but when I saw it was only 21 minutes, I lost interest since I couldn't imagine the storyline expanding into anything amazing within that time frame. I also find Slater to be a little off-putting in his acting and connecting with other charactersWhile this show had some original ideas and was "funny-ish", I found it a little boring. At first I thought it would be a 40 minute drama-comedy, but when I saw it was only 21 minutes, I lost interest since I couldn't imagine the storyline expanding into anything amazing within that time frame. I also find Slater to be a little off-putting in his acting and connecting with other characters in a very uncomfortable fashion. It's the "Italian Job" meets quirky 30 minute comedy... but not as interesting as it could be. Collapse

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Apr 25, 2011
    This sitcom has the high-tech antics of Chuck and the misfit camaraderie of Community-not bad, but no breakthrough. [2 May 2011, p.38]
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's not painful--there are likable actors and the office setting is loose and fun--but none of the jokes land, at all.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Apr 6, 2011
    [A] mediocre, plastic, utterly false new comedy premiering on Fox tonight--a series that just happens to be built around an all-powerful alpha male jerkwad-type of character.