- Network: NBC
- Series Premiere Date: Jul 27, 2010
Season #: 1, 2
- Starring: Tony Robbins
- Summary: Self-help guru Tony Robbins is coming to NBC. This reality series is set to be a transformational-style program in the tradition of The Biggest Loser.
- Genre(s): Drama, Reality, Game Show
- Season 1 premiere date: Jul 27, 2010
- Episode Length: 60
- More Details and Credits »
The inspiration can be heavy-handed, but how can you not feel for the couple?
Although Robbins delivers on his promise in one feel-good scene after another, there's little here to indicate that the joy and freedom will remain after the production crew packs up.
These situations are undeniably emotional, and the Stegners' situation is certainly relatable. Yet that very authenticity is what makes Breakthrough aggravating--presenting, as it does, serious hardships before addressing them with the depth of a Hallmark card.
At first these actions, which feel extreme, seem to have little relation to the problems at hand. It soon becomes clear, however, that they do. As he promises, Robbins is attacking deeper problems, not symptoms, and as with any good infomercial, the results look compelling on the screen.
- By user score