- Network: VH1
- Series Premiere Date: May 31, 2010
- Season #: 1
- Summary: After the pilot aired in May, the show was delayed when Bret Michaels suffered a brain hemorrhage and minor stroke. The reality series focuses on his life with girlfriend Kristi and his two daughters.
- Genre(s): Reality, Game Show
- Season 1 premiere date: May 31, 2010
- Episode Length: 30
- Air Time: 10:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Life is a cut above the rest because Michaels is facing major health issues every day. It might be that a near-death experience isn't enough to totally slow him down, but watching him try to apply the brakes while simultaneously revving his engine is a reality worth tuning into.
The show is scattered, slight and abominably self-promotional. But Michaels is so full of abundant - and infectious - good cheer that you tend to overlook these many faults. Fans will eat it up.
The series goes overboard on cutesy domestic details but as a Bret Bulletin, it should gratify and reassure his fans. [1 Nov 2010, p.42]