Broad City : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.1

1. Feb 21, 2014
    As a dude who loved workaholics I was hesitant (Expecting the typical vag and tampon woman humor), but I love the chemistry and it's creative. The guest stars are great. The pilot isn't fantastic but it gets better afterwards.
  2. Apr 4, 2014
    The show is brilliant. Being able to relate to some aspects; twenty something, low-income, acquired brooklynite, made it enjoyable to watch. At twenty something life is short and moving in a hurry, make lite and laugh a little. Broad city brings the laughs!
  3. Jan 17, 2015
    In a world where the big bang theory and mike and molly reign supreme thank god they actually made something for me to enjoy. Love it reminds me a little bit of Curb your enthusiasm with a pay off at the end of the episodes. Watched this season in a weekend.
  4. Mar 7, 2015
    This show is a great alternative to the repetitive comedy of many other shows, especially WORKAHOLICS, which this is so often compared to. I've never seen characters so original or relatable as I have here. An excellent show that I would absolutely recommend. Check it out!
  5. Jan 30, 2014
    I really enjoyed this show. Some scenes can be a little bland but the episodes start a little too slow but usually get a lot more funnier as the episodes progress. I'm really hoping this show gets renewed for a second season.
  6. Feb 27, 2014
    Fantastic show. People are so attuned to one "form" of sitcom that any other attempt at creating comedy just flies over their head. Ignore them because Broad City is good and most importantly VERY confident of what it wants to be. That is incredibly rare for any series this early, the leads' friendly chemistry bouncing off each other perfectly and the low-stakes of the story makes it farFantastic show. People are so attuned to one "form" of sitcom that any other attempt at creating comedy just flies over their head. Ignore them because Broad City is good and most importantly VERY confident of what it wants to be. That is incredibly rare for any series this early, the leads' friendly chemistry bouncing off each other perfectly and the low-stakes of the story makes it far more relatable than any "twenty-somethings in big city" show you've heard of in past decade (looking especially at you GIRLS).

On top of it, Broad City is plain funny. It's leads or it's side/recurring characters throwing off incredibly smart array of comedy ranging from vulgar to deadpan.

This is great and hilarious stuff and I can only imagine how good this will get a few seasons in.
  7. Feb 2, 2014
    This show is AWESOME. I'm already addicted. I'd basically given up on sitcoms until this came along. This not only doesn't leave me feeling dumber at the end of the episode (like most TV does), it's really fresh. Where has this show been all my life?
  8. Apr 12, 2014
    I real surprise. I found myself favoring this show over the bathroom humor of workaholics (although there is admittedly a hilarious bathroom scene in episode 7). The wedding episode was one of the funniest things I've seen on television in quite a while.
  9. Jun 6, 2015
    The best comedy show out there. The gags are just incredible, every single episode is funnier than the previous.

Continue like this and you will make billions!
  10. Mar 27, 2014
    this show is funny it show how girls are not that classy we are gross like guys ..... ...and it not all about every thing going right and not just sex
  11. Mar 22, 2014
    I thought this would be a really crappy trash tv comedy but it ended up being surprsingly funny and well thought out. Its edgy and can be seen as a breath of fresh air amidst the other crap on tv.
  12. Apr 4, 2014
    With the humor of Workaholics and the comedic presence of two hilarious women set in artsy New york city this comedy is a must see. It may be too crass, dry or juvenile for some, others will adore that the most. I give this Sitcomedy 5/5 bags of popcorn.

1. Reviewed by: Davis Harper
    Feb 11, 2014
    As opposed to a more mainstream comedy like The Mindy Project or Two Broke Girls, Broad City sits at the margins of comedy and doesn't muddle its humor by sticking its conclusions about the human condition right under the audience's nose.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Drumming
    Feb 3, 2014
    The premiere does feel a tad stretched at times. But next week’s episode gets deeper into the girls’ money troubles with the help of guests Rachel Dratch and Janeane Garofalo as oddball yet oddly authentic employers. By then, the humor is humming along nicely and--what do you know--Broad City” has found its rhythm.
    Problem is, these same episodes lurch between nuanced observation of real-world trivialities and goofy sketch comedy exaggeration, and their flashes of spiky personality don't alleviate the feeling that, content-wise, the show is stuck in that regrettably familiar commercial cable bind: not safe, exactly, but not dangerous, either.