Broken Trail

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 24, 2006
8.5

1. BernhardW
    Jan 20, 2008
    wonderfull epic film adventure.. Story great, pictures wonderfull, and people so much to love. thats the stuff keeping sole up. regards bernd
  2. HenryE
    May 22, 2007
    It's a beautiful and moving film, a masterpiece. Robert Duvall is truley a great actor.
  3. JuanaG.
    Oct 29, 2006
    When will BROKEN TRAIL with ROBERT DUVALL air again and on which CHANNEL?
  4. scotts
    Oct 4, 2006
    great movie - some unusual components not usually seen in a western. "Gus" rides again !!!!!! Broken Trail is a nice compliment to Lonesome Dove - cwetainly not quite in the same league - but one of the great western movies that i have seen. Sorry guys - Open Range is a decent movie, but not even in the same conversation with Lonesome Dove - the #1 Western of all time !!!!!!!!
  5. KeithA
    Oct 2, 2006
    Not since Lonsom Dove Has there been a great epic western. I think Robert Duvall is one of America's great treasures.
  6. MarcyW
    Aug 17, 2006
    I applaud Broken Trail. Thank you AMC a million times over for producing and airing a program that was "wholesome" and well done. A great cowboy movie, with characters reflecting strong character. My husband and I loved it and recommend it to all of our friends
  7. GizelleD
    Aug 6, 2006
    A wonderful story that pulls at heart strings, with just the right rhythm to keep you wanting more. Job well done!
  8. PeggyB
    Jul 21, 2006
    I loved this movie!!! Hope you will show it again soon. Robert Duvall is ALWAYS GREAT!!! Thomas Haden Church is very good - what a voice. All supporting cast was excellent!! Thanks for a nice program.
    Jul 18, 2006
    beautiful rythm and beat, incredible texture. great movie
  10. BrandonS
    Jul 16, 2006
    I taped this, and dragged my heels about sitting down to watch the nearly 4 hour drama. Boy am I glad I did, though. I was quickly pulled into this moving story filled with full, rich characters. This is most often being described as "excellent," and I couldn't agree more.
  11. SharieC
    Jul 11, 2006
    Excellent western! Thomas Hayden Church is a truly believable cowboy. Robert Duvall is always wonderful.
  12. TomH
    Jul 5, 2006
    Outstanding. Simple story of "The Trail" with awsome scenery and plot. When can you do it again?
  13. JimW
    Jun 29, 2006
    Excellent show, its a DVD keeper when released.
  14. KAllen
    Jun 29, 2006
    I thoroughly enjoyed this great western. I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait for the next one from Duvall!
  15. JoeM
    Jun 28, 2006
    Finally!! A show I will watch! Great movie.
  16. TeresaE
    Jun 28, 2006
    Loved this movie. Great performances all around, but especially from Duvall and Church. Their characters and how they relate to one another are the beating heart of this story. Why can't H-wood make more of such qualify westerns? To borrow and slightly alter a famous line from "Field of Dreams" "If you make them, we will come!"
  17. JerryB
    Jun 28, 2006
    A Great Western with powerful performances, by Thomas Haden Church, Robert Duval and number 3!!!!
  18. josak
    Jun 27, 2006
    This was pretty good, but I was a bit dispointed at the slow pace (especially the first half), and the writing was a bit awkward in some scenes. It could have been a lot better, but overall it was a good movie, mostly due to Duvall's usual great performance. It doesn't hold a straw to Lonesome Dove, but I think I liked it better than Open Range.
  19. KivC
    Jun 27, 2006
    Excellent follow on to Open Range and Lonesome Dove.
  20. LynnR
    Jun 27, 2006
    This is one of the best westerns I have seen in a long time and i hold it up against classics like "Once Upon A Time In The West", "Silverado" , "The Cowboys", "True Grit" and "Rooster Cogburn". Thank you Mr. Duvall for two nights of escapism that I truly needed and enjoyed.
  21. JeffR
    Jun 27, 2006
    Enjoyable and easy to view. Easily the best show on television in the last several months. Duvall and Church worked great together. A little slow from time to time, but overall it worked.
  22. JayR
    Jun 27, 2006
    Entertaining western with interesting characters and storyline. The scenery and sounds are awesome!
  23. RoseS
    I just loved it.
  24. briang
    Great movie!
  25. RachelleG
    Jun 26, 2006
    The character driven story and slow pace of this beautifully filmed allowed me to feel at times that I was sitting at the campfire along with this band of unintentional friends.
  26. tonyb
    Jun 26, 2006
    this was a great western movie,we need more like it. think you.
  27. RayM
    Jun 26, 2006
    The show was real to the times. Rugged but sweat to men of honor. Mr. Duvalll and "Tom" were excellent. It was a real treat to look forward to this broadcast. Mr. Duvall explained alot prior on tv talk shows, which just enhanced the waithing for the event. Mr. Duvall, is a down to earth nice man, and one of Americas treasures.
  28. BillM
    Jun 26, 2006
    Church and Duvall were great. The scenary was spectacular. A few dead end characters that never developed or added to the story but all in all a really good story and film. I'd recomend it to any Western fan.
  29. GinnyP
    Jun 26, 2006
    Is this show ever going to be on again? I hope so.
  30. HeatherA
    Jun 26, 2006
    I was dissapointed when Part 1 ended last night...I was so engrossed in it. I am looking forward to Part 2 tonight. I have always enjoyed Thomas Haden Church as an actor. I've missed seeing him on screen and was disappointed when ' Ned & Stacey' was cancelled. I have liked all the actors portrayal of the characters and its great to see them in another true Drama. Good going I was dissapointed when Part 1 ended last night...I was so engrossed in it. I am looking forward to Part 2 tonight. I have always enjoyed Thomas Haden Church as an actor. I've missed seeing him on screen and was disappointed when ' Ned & Stacey' was cancelled. I have liked all the actors portrayal of the characters and its great to see them in another true Drama. Good going AMC! Heather Jou (Nassau, The Bahamas) Expand
  31. dennisb
    Jun 26, 2006
    Good to see a movie with a story-line for a change.
  32. M.Cornaby
    Jun 26, 2006
    Just excellent. Thomas haden Church is a revelation.
  33. dank.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Very good movie. May be a little to graphic for children. Worth buying on CD for later viewing.
  34. MarthaE
    Jun 26, 2006
    Excellent - Duvall does it again. Can't wait for the conclusion tonight!
  35. DebD
    Jun 26, 2006
    A strong tale of good vs. evil in a beautiful setting. The performances are strong and while some complain about the lack of dialogue, it is the simplicity that is appealing. This movie could easily have been made into a 3-4 night series exploring more of the history of the main characters but does well for a 2 night show. The brutality and peacefulness of the era and trail are not A strong tale of good vs. evil in a beautiful setting. The performances are strong and while some complain about the lack of dialogue, it is the simplicity that is appealing. This movie could easily have been made into a 3-4 night series exploring more of the history of the main characters but does well for a 2 night show. The brutality and peacefulness of the era and trail are not overdone, and the triumph of the performances will overcome the easygoing pace of the movie. This is a must see movie. Expand
  36. KatherineL
    Jun 26, 2006
    Beautifully photographed and elegantly written, this film demonstrates what television can do to reveal pieces of history in a lyrical play. But as always, it's not remotely as good as the book. Read it!
  37. NatalieZ
    Jun 25, 2006
    Broken Trail is a wonderful return to realistic but positive Western movies that highlight the goodness man is capable of having.
  38. DBrandes
    Jun 25, 2006
    Great show , Great Western Wish we had more good movies like this one

1. A gorgeous piece of cinema.
  2. This elegant, shaggy dog of a 19th-century western takes us on a painfully human journey across the old West.
    A richly entertaining winner, a saga that both stirs the emotions and whips up vivid outbursts of satisfying, varmint-vanquishing action.