Broken Trail

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 24, 2006
8.5

1. KatherineL
    Jun 26, 2006
    Beautifully photographed and elegantly written, this film demonstrates what television can do to reveal pieces of history in a lyrical play. But as always, it's not remotely as good as the book. Read it!
  2. GizelleD
    Aug 6, 2006
    A wonderful story that pulls at heart strings, with just the right rhythm to keep you wanting more. Job well done!
  3. HenryE
    May 22, 2007
    It's a beautiful and moving film, a masterpiece. Robert Duvall is truley a great actor.
  4. BernhardW
    Jan 20, 2008
    wonderfull epic film adventure.. Story great, pictures wonderfull, and people so much to love. thats the stuff keeping sole up. regards bernd
  5. KeithA
    Oct 2, 2006
    Not since Lonsom Dove Has there been a great epic western. I think Robert Duvall is one of America's great treasures.
  6. NatalieZ
    Jun 25, 2006
    Broken Trail is a wonderful return to realistic but positive Western movies that highlight the goodness man is capable of having.
  7. M.Cornaby
    Jun 26, 2006
    Just excellent. Thomas haden Church is a revelation.
  8. BillM
    Jun 26, 2006
    Church and Duvall were great. The scenary was spectacular. A few dead end characters that never developed or added to the story but all in all a really good story and film. I'd recomend it to any Western fan.
  9. DebD
    Jun 26, 2006
    A strong tale of good vs. evil in a beautiful setting. The performances are strong and while some complain about the lack of dialogue, it is the simplicity that is appealing. This movie could easily have been made into a 3-4 night series exploring more of the history of the main characters but does well for a 2 night show. The brutality and peacefulness of the era and trail are not A strong tale of good vs. evil in a beautiful setting. The performances are strong and while some complain about the lack of dialogue, it is the simplicity that is appealing. This movie could easily have been made into a 3-4 night series exploring more of the history of the main characters but does well for a 2 night show. The brutality and peacefulness of the era and trail are not overdone, and the triumph of the performances will overcome the easygoing pace of the movie. This is a must see movie. Expand
  10. MarthaE
    Jun 26, 2006
    Excellent - Duvall does it again. Can't wait for the conclusion tonight!
  11. LynnR
    Jun 27, 2006
    This is one of the best westerns I have seen in a long time and i hold it up against classics like "Once Upon A Time In The West", "Silverado" , "The Cowboys", "True Grit" and "Rooster Cogburn". Thank you Mr. Duvall for two nights of escapism that I truly needed and enjoyed.
  12. KivC
    Jun 27, 2006
    Excellent follow on to Open Range and Lonesome Dove.
  13. JerryB
    Jun 28, 2006
    A Great Western with powerful performances, by Thomas Haden Church, Robert Duval and number 3!!!!
  14. TeresaE
    Jun 28, 2006
    Loved this movie. Great performances all around, but especially from Duvall and Church. Their characters and how they relate to one another are the beating heart of this story. Why can't H-wood make more of such qualify westerns? To borrow and slightly alter a famous line from "Field of Dreams" "If you make them, we will come!"
  15. TomH
    Jul 5, 2006
    Outstanding. Simple story of "The Trail" with awsome scenery and plot. When can you do it again?
  16. scotts
    Oct 4, 2006
    great movie - some unusual components not usually seen in a western. "Gus" rides again !!!!!! Broken Trail is a nice compliment to Lonesome Dove - cwetainly not quite in the same league - but one of the great western movies that i have seen. Sorry guys - Open Range is a decent movie, but not even in the same conversation with Lonesome Dove - the #1 Western of all time !!!!!!!!
  17. dennisb
    Jun 26, 2006
    Good to see a movie with a story-line for a change.
  18. HeatherA
    Jun 26, 2006
    I was dissapointed when Part 1 ended last night...I was so engrossed in it. I am looking forward to Part 2 tonight. I have always enjoyed Thomas Haden Church as an actor. I've missed seeing him on screen and was disappointed when ' Ned & Stacey' was cancelled. I have liked all the actors portrayal of the characters and its great to see them in another true Drama. Good going I was dissapointed when Part 1 ended last night...I was so engrossed in it. I am looking forward to Part 2 tonight. I have always enjoyed Thomas Haden Church as an actor. I've missed seeing him on screen and was disappointed when ' Ned & Stacey' was cancelled. I have liked all the actors portrayal of the characters and its great to see them in another true Drama. Good going AMC! Heather Jou (Nassau, The Bahamas) Expand
  19. dank.
    Jun 26, 2006
    Very good movie. May be a little to graphic for children. Worth buying on CD for later viewing.
  20. RayM
    Jun 26, 2006
    The show was real to the times. Rugged but sweat to men of honor. Mr. Duvalll and "Tom" were excellent. It was a real treat to look forward to this broadcast. Mr. Duvall explained alot prior on tv talk shows, which just enhanced the waithing for the event. Mr. Duvall, is a down to earth nice man, and one of Americas treasures.
  21. RoseS
    I just loved it.
  22. JayR
    Jun 27, 2006
    Entertaining western with interesting characters and storyline. The scenery and sounds are awesome!
  23. JeffR
    Jun 27, 2006
    Enjoyable and easy to view. Easily the best show on television in the last several months. Duvall and Church worked great together. A little slow from time to time, but overall it worked.
  24. JimW
    Jun 29, 2006
    Excellent show, its a DVD keeper when released.
  25. KAllen
    Jun 29, 2006
    I thoroughly enjoyed this great western. I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait for the next one from Duvall!
    Jul 18, 2006
    beautiful rythm and beat, incredible texture. great movie
  27. JuanaG.
    Oct 29, 2006
    When will BROKEN TRAIL with ROBERT DUVALL air again and on which CHANNEL?
  28. DBrandes
    Jun 25, 2006
    Great show , Great Western Wish we had more good movies like this one
  29. GinnyP
    Jun 26, 2006
    Is this show ever going to be on again? I hope so.
  30. tonyb
    Jun 26, 2006
    this was a great western movie,we need more like it. think you.

1. A gorgeous piece of cinema.
  2. This elegant, shaggy dog of a 19th-century western takes us on a painfully human journey across the old West.
    A richly entertaining winner, a saga that both stirs the emotions and whips up vivid outbursts of satisfying, varmint-vanquishing action.