Brothers & Sisters : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.7

1. EdS
    Sep 26, 2006
    Incredible that such a great cast should produce something so only lifelike. BO-ring.
  2. betteh
    Jan 8, 2007
    predictable formula.
  3. kathyP
    Oct 30, 2006
    at first, i would have given it a 8+ but now they get a 3!! ...enough with the homosexual agenda... while i was hooked, in the begining, i now have one foot out the door... 2 weeks of full on passionate gay kissing... can we just get on with the story???
  4. tk
    Feb 12, 2007
    really stinks- in the days of aids ,stds etc. how sex is thrown around casually like shaking hands- yet you wouldn't touch someone with SARS- you would quarantine an entire plane load of people!- how can you be so careless when you carry so much responsibility in impressing the minds of all ages that there is nothing sacred or dangerous about sex anymore?????!!!!- baby boomer with really stinks- in the days of aids ,stds etc. how sex is thrown around casually like shaking hands- yet you wouldn't touch someone with SARS- you would quarantine an entire plane load of people!- how can you be so careless when you carry so much responsibility in impressing the minds of all ages that there is nothing sacred or dangerous about sex anymore?????!!!!- baby boomer with money to spend on your sponsors- if they remain your sponers........ Expand
  5. TerryK
    Sep 30, 2008
    JUMP THE SHARK ALERT!! I am a big fan of the show, but this was the best they could do after how many months?!? I know it is drama, but great drama adheres believably close to gritty reality (i.e., The Sopranos) For example, in an economic climate like this, most of America WISHES they had the Walker family's problems. Almost all plot lines in this episode used action vehicles that JUMP THE SHARK ALERT!! I am a big fan of the show, but this was the best they could do after how many months?!? I know it is drama, but great drama adheres believably close to gritty reality (i.e., The Sopranos) For example, in an economic climate like this, most of America WISHES they had the Walker family's problems. Almost all plot lines in this episode used action vehicles that did not ring true. For example, someone with the gravitas attributed to them as Nora Walker (Sally Field) is willing to risk the ruin of the family business, so that they don't hurt the gay lawyer brother's feelings or chance for partner at a top LA law firm. Wow!!! Kevin Walker is making a fortune (by Main Street America standards) as a senior associate (you can see what a partner makes by looking at that beach house) and everyone has a hissy fit and blames Tommy Walker who is trying to save the family business company (when it was HE who saved the business when Saul and Sarah who took out the $20 M loan they couldn't repay). Also, what happened to Kitty Walker-McAllister's conservative bent? Shouldn't she have defended (or at least appreciated) Tommy's predicament- being pro business, etc. This show is dangerously close to "Jumping the Shark;" the plot lines make views have disdain for their plight instead of sympathy ; this episode indicates a series perceptively drifting away from being a drama ALMOST worthy of HBO to a 2008 version of Dynasty.........sad. Fire the writers, or threaten their jobs; in this economy, THAT should get their creative juices flowing. ;-) Expand
  6. BillyT
    Sep 24, 2006
    I love sally Field and Tom Skerrit. It would make the show better if we saw more of them.
  7. TTyler
    Jan 11, 2007
    Ridiculous contrived setup with a lousy cast.
  8. Rtyler
    Jan 22, 2007
    After the last 2 weeks of the gay thing, I've finished with this show. To see those two kissing mad me sick and my son-in-law had to leave the room because he was so repulsed. As far as I'm concerned, the show is ruined. We won't be watching anymore.
  9. AlexB.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I despise this show. about a bunch of whiny rich people that clearly are responsible for their own problems & have no sense of humor about themselves. The gay lawyer brother is an especially nasty character, There is no fun or wit in this show. It is tedious and pretentious.
  10. SharonT.
    Sep 30, 2007
    I stopped watching--too much male kissing.
  11. RockyS
    Sep 24, 2006
    This family reunion is as boring as any family reunion where you don't know anyone.
  12. VerlE
    Feb 12, 2007
    Great show but gave a zero because of all the Gay "Crap". More and more each week. I am going to stop watching this show!!!
  13. JeffW
    Feb 21, 2007
    Enough is enough with this gay stuff being shown so much. OK we all know it's there but do we have to expose of young children to it too! I will stop watching because the gay part is more and more each week and is making a good show unbearable to watch.
  14. MaryW
    Dec 16, 2007
    Robotic, trite. Good lord, it's as wooden as a high school play.
  15. JulieB
    Oct 8, 2007
    Started out great, has evolved into constant shouting matches and predictable plots.
  16. MikeT
    Mar 2, 2008
    Predictable and aweful. One retarded cathartic moment after another. The jokes are flat and the acting sucks.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    On the glossy surface, it’s an earnestly predictable but impeccably produced soap opera. [13 Sep 2006]
  2. The pilot was reshot, and it shows--the timing lurches and scenes grind into each other. [22 Sep 2006, p.90]
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The show seems as if it desperately yearns to be a worthy companion to "Housewives" but lacks the requisite bite, despite political references meant to feel edgy that prove mostly banal.