Brothers & Sisters : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.7

1. BarbaraC
    Sep 25, 2006
    Pity, as the show has a great cast but way too many. And it's like a been there and done that. I would like to see it make it but I doubt it.
  2. ChristaC
    Sep 25, 2006
    I expected good things for this show. It started off pretty good, but it definitely lost something as it went along. I think they tried to pack too much into the 1st episode. And why did they kill off the father? Not like we had a chance to feel anything for him yet. Personally I just didn't feel for the characters at all.
  3. LoriM
    Dec 29, 2006
    Very good and sometimes excellent cast given mediocre and sometimes terrible writing. Perhaps Ms. Flockhart would be more convincing as a conservative if someone with a clue about the right were writing for her. You can't have both political views expressed when every writer around the table is a liberal. This talented cast is speaking down to us.
  4. sc
    Sep 25, 2006
    smart, more realistic version of Dynasty
  5. Matt
    Oct 5, 2007
    I agree that the homophobic comments are ridiculous, immature, and boring. However, this show feels like it is missing something, and I am not too fond of the cheesy music that often ruins would-be poignant moments.
  6. RosemaryZ
    Oct 18, 2006
    It is predictable. You want everyone to make up story line is solved. We need to get into the characters learn to feel them. We don't and can predict what will happen. BLAME NO BLAME BLAME!!!! Ms. Flockhart character is unbecoming to her age when she goes at her mother. Also, Sarah, is still too Six Feet Under without the suspense of her character. I want this to work!!
  7. DThackston
    Jan 22, 2007
    The show could be an 8 or higher but the graphic details of the gay brothers homosexuallity is too much making it totally unacceptable for family audiences. Lots of talent in the cast can't offset the writers shoving the idea that gay is great down our throats. I don't want to see two men kissing or two women for that matter. Name should be changed to Gay Brother and his family. The show could be an 8 or higher but the graphic details of the gay brothers homosexuallity is too much making it totally unacceptable for family audiences. Lots of talent in the cast can't offset the writers shoving the idea that gay is great down our throats. I don't want to see two men kissing or two women for that matter. Name should be changed to Gay Brother and his family. Not a bad show to record then fast forward through the long gay scenes. Expand
  8. LorraineC
    Feb 19, 2008
    I really love this show and the characters but I have to say...I'm a little disappointed in all of the male kissing going on. I think the writing is great and it really makes you feel like you know the Walkers. However, I think too much is being shown about gay people. We know who the gay characters are. We don't have to see them in bed together or kissing, I do feel like the I really love this show and the characters but I have to say...I'm a little disappointed in all of the male kissing going on. I think the writing is great and it really makes you feel like you know the Walkers. However, I think too much is being shown about gay people. We know who the gay characters are. We don't have to see them in bed together or kissing, I do feel like the 'gay thing' is being shoved down our throats now. It didn't start out that way... I think the writers need to lighten up on this. Otherwise, a lot of people will stop watching this show. Collapse

On the glossy surface, it’s an earnestly predictable but impeccably produced soap opera. [13 Sep 2006]
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    The pilot was reshot, and it shows--the timing lurches and scenes grind into each other. [22 Sep 2006, p.90]
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The show seems as if it desperately yearns to be a worthy companion to "Housewives" but lacks the requisite bite, despite political references meant to feel edgy that prove mostly banal.