Bunheads : Season 1

7.6

1. Aug 10, 2012
    This is as real as the dance world gets. This show has spark, excitement every element that a show of this genre can have. Any dancer knows this is how the dance world really works!
  2. Jul 26, 2012
    This show is funny, the characters like ble the story line a little to so much but is better than others so I liked and is in my on my watch list. I look forward every Monday for for the show. Mitchell is so funny and her lines are great, Fanny good contrast and I love boo and the dynamic with Sasha not to mention Hubell ex girlfriend and Michell friend I really enjoy this one.
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    Another hit from Palladino and a big one for all the Gilmore Girls fans that have been waiting for a movie, this is a hint of Gilmore girl nostalgia (GG actors popping up everywhere I look) and I can not wait to see more... I have never done ballet do not understand ballet, but this is such a great show. I am already involved in the lives of the characters.
  4. Jun 15, 2012
    Charming, funny, serious at times, and completely reminiscent of "Gilmore Girls," both in Amy Sherman-Palladino's snappy dialogue and quirky small-town characters and in the wonderful performance of the Lauren Graham-esque Sutton Foster. While not perfect in the first episode (the startling ending left me a little worried), all the pieces seem to be in place for a fun little series. ICharming, funny, serious at times, and completely reminiscent of "Gilmore Girls," both in Amy Sherman-Palladino's snappy dialogue and quirky small-town characters and in the wonderful performance of the Lauren Graham-esque Sutton Foster. While not perfect in the first episode (the startling ending left me a little worried), all the pieces seem to be in place for a fun little series. I think it's only going to get better as we get to know the characters and the town of Paradise better. Expand
  5. Jun 19, 2012
    Really promising. Occasionally over the top acting, and somewhat forced pop culture reference but a genuinely promising new show. I really look forward to seeing where it goes from here. Very smart, fast dialogue.
  6. bee
    Jul 4, 2012
    After three episodes I am tonally hooked. The characters are all well cast and the four main girls are well fleshed out characters that I can't wait to find out more about. Foster gives a sharp, endearing performance. I want more shows like this airing. Can't recommend enough!
  7. Aug 16, 2012
    It is so good to have Amy Sherman-Palladino writing on TV again. She is perhaps the most brilliant creator and executive producer in all of television history. She has such care for all her characters, down to every townsperson in the little California town of Paradise. Though some may say it the construction of the show is too much like Gilmore Girls I don't mind because the writing is SOIt is so good to have Amy Sherman-Palladino writing on TV again. She is perhaps the most brilliant creator and executive producer in all of television history. She has such care for all her characters, down to every townsperson in the little California town of Paradise. Though some may say it the construction of the show is too much like Gilmore Girls I don't mind because the writing is SO refreshing to TV. No other young adult television creator would weave some of the references she has put into the series, she so prevalently believes that your audience is only as dumb as you let them be, a philosophy I think all writers should live by, regardless of the age range, with certain limitations. I can't wait to see were this series goes because there are endless possibilities. Sutton Foster handles the quick dialogue as well as Lauren Grahm did as Loralie, but brings less of a sense of sarcasm and more seriousness to the dialogue, something Kelly Bishop nailed in Gilmore Girls and continues to do on Bunheads. Besides the atrocious title this show is absolutely flawless and brings life to an otherwise boring summer season Expand
  8. Jun 13, 2012
    Absent for nearly six years, Amy Sherman-Palladino returns to television with Sutton Foster and Kelly Bishop in hand. The premise is a little clunky on paper and the execution of it not the smoothest; but the dialogue, chemistry and strength in character is so top notch, it makes most concerns an afterthought to the marvel on screen. Hope the show finds a consistent audience as intelligentAbsent for nearly six years, Amy Sherman-Palladino returns to television with Sutton Foster and Kelly Bishop in hand. The premise is a little clunky on paper and the execution of it not the smoothest; but the dialogue, chemistry and strength in character is so top notch, it makes most concerns an afterthought to the marvel on screen. Hope the show finds a consistent audience as intelligent as the writing. Expand
  9. Jun 15, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised. I usually avoid ABC Family like the plague but this show is surprisingly mature and well written. Let's hope this is not the last we see of Michelle Simms.
  10. Jun 29, 2012
    Please, please, PLEASE keep this show on the air! It's the reincarnation of Gilmore Girls... full of hope, laughter, complex characters and unapologetic highbrow references. The only caveats are a few weak supporting actors and an unassuming name. Okay, I'm not especially keen on the ballet theme, either, but it really isn't that pervasive. Regardless, considering the serious dearth ofPlease, please, PLEASE keep this show on the air! It's the reincarnation of Gilmore Girls... full of hope, laughter, complex characters and unapologetic highbrow references. The only caveats are a few weak supporting actors and an unassuming name. Okay, I'm not especially keen on the ballet theme, either, but it really isn't that pervasive. Regardless, considering the serious dearth of respectable shows for women, Bunheads is a welcome treat. Expand
  11. Aug 7, 2012
    A completely fresh face to grace TV. The pilot displayed just enough to get you hooked on the graceful world of ballet, small towns and most of all, art. If you aren't watching this, you aren't keeping up with new TV.
  12. Jun 19, 2012
    This show is really fresh and bubbly and I really enjoyed it! Sutton Foster is great as Michelle and Kelly Bishop is as great as ever as the over bearing mother. You gotta love this cute show!
  13. Jun 12, 2012
    I've just watched the pilot of 'Bunheads.' Despite the usual obstacles that a pilot needs to both endure and overcome, the show has a nice feel to it. I am not from North America, and avoid anything that gravitates towards the word 'family' (eg 'family values' -- urrrrgh my blood just ran cold), so when I saw 'abc family' watermarked on the vid, and not having any previous awareness ofI've just watched the pilot of 'Bunheads.' Despite the usual obstacles that a pilot needs to both endure and overcome, the show has a nice feel to it. I am not from North America, and avoid anything that gravitates towards the word 'family' (eg 'family values' -- urrrrgh my blood just ran cold), so when I saw 'abc family' watermarked on the vid, and not having any previous awareness of this channel/network/whatever, I almost didn't bother. Instead, I braced myself for an onslaught of heterosexual-only marriage espousing monogamous Christian fundamentalist saccharine and clicked 'play.' I was very surprised. Very pleasantly surprised. Nicely written. Understated, even. Well...as far as a show about a showgirl can be, I guess :-) Already the characters show more than just signs of depth and humanity, except for one who truly irritated me -- but I can see that I might truly forgive her, in time to come. Let's see if it remains engaging, or if it becomes what I (a non-North American) see as formulaic American pap. Fingers crossed. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chris Conaton
    Jan 7, 2013
    At last, Sasha is less a collection of TV teenager tropes and more convincingly a Sherman-Palladino creation.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Dec 31, 2012
    It's worth the effort to figure out what this offbeat cast of characters is up to.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    A show that is beautiful and sweet, funny and touching.