• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.0

1. Nov 23, 2013
    Enjoyable but the pace and quality of the show is a bit unstable. When the show works it really work but it never more then just entertaining. You don't really take anything away from this show, and its some what forgettable.
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    A spy comedy / drama with plenty of explosions and gun fights to keep you entertained.

The narration comes across as encyclopedic when describing day to day activities of a spy. However, not all of it should be taken as pure fact. Then again, anybody who believes everything on TV probably should get their head checked. It's good entertaining fun that isn't meant to be taken too

It's good entertaining fun that isn't meant to be taken too seriously and I think its why the B movie actor Bruce Campbell works so well in this show.
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    This is a great show! It has never failed to disappoint, thought USA network rarely does. I'm still totally hooked after 5 seasons and can't wait for the 6th.
  4. Nov 13, 2011
    Doesnt have that much of a story to it, Just enough to explain why he is doing what he is doing and that is it. Good cast though and acting is fine. The episodes really lack variety though and it feels like hes just a modern day robin hood, Helping the good while breaking the law. A lot of potential though so lets hope they turn it around.
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    I absolutely love this show. It has good humor and great writing. The only problem I have with this show is Gabrielle Anwar or Fi. I recently went back and watched the first season over again and she has an Irish accent that turns on and off. Not even a good Irish accent. She just is not a good actress. Otherwise the show is fantastic.
  6. Mar 15, 2011
    In my opinion, the 2nd greatest USA original show behind Monk. People are complaining about, the characters, being perfect. But im sure most people would to when they spent more, than half of their life doing that proffesion.
  7. Jan 19, 2011
    For me, this is a perfect show. From the characters, storylines, acting, set, script ... this has it all. Sexy Miami, sunglasses, chicks in bikinis, explosions, secret ops, and a narration that ties it together and gives little dark secrets about spying and that mysterious life alot of us fantasize about. A drop dead gorgeous lead female with a slight Irish spin who specializes inFor me, this is a perfect show. From the characters, storylines, acting, set, script ... this has it all. Sexy Miami, sunglasses, chicks in bikinis, explosions, secret ops, and a narration that ties it together and gives little dark secrets about spying and that mysterious life alot of us fantasize about. A drop dead gorgeous lead female with a slight Irish spin who specializes in blowing stuff up and is an expert markswoman. As my wife tells it, a hunky attractive lead male who can get out of any jam and looks good doing it. And Sam ... what a fun character, I love his scenes and lines. Sharon Gless ... that woman out there that you'd simultaneously love to have as your hip mother ... and you'd also consider dating because she's so ... cool. One of my top 10 favorite shows in the past 10 years. Expand
  8. Dec 5, 2010
    I absolutely love this show! It reminds me of the old show Macgyver.
  9. Sep 2, 2010
    Love this show. Good story lines, good story arc. Good actors playing good characters. Worth the hour of my life. Happy that if I miss it, they play reruns often.
  10. Aug 31, 2010
    This show is go great. Michael and Fiona have chemistry that keeps going back and forth, the suspense kills me at the end of every season. Sam and Maddie keep the laughs up when needed. The only thing wrong with this show is that it has to end eventually.
  11. Garrett
    Dec 31, 2009
    The show has nice graphics and the acting is ok. But how they talk like they know everything really annoys me. And they are usually wrong anyway if you really know the topic.
  12. JoyceM
    Jul 9, 2009
    I love the narration and the different persona Donovan uses to become many different characters! All of the cast is great.
  13. AlexY
    Jun 8, 2009
    The critics here are clearly on drugs. A 6.9 to 9.2 discrepancy? C'mon guys, all us viewers aren't completely off our rockers. This is a superb show. The acting is perfect, the characters are far more intriguing and relatable than any other show of its type, the humor is dry and punchy, and the action scenes are not overdone and rely strictly on the plot. What is NOT good about The critics here are clearly on drugs. A 6.9 to 9.2 discrepancy? C'mon guys, all us viewers aren't completely off our rockers. This is a superb show. The acting is perfect, the characters are far more intriguing and relatable than any other show of its type, the humor is dry and punchy, and the action scenes are not overdone and rely strictly on the plot. What is NOT good about this show? If you don't like it, you may want to consider surgery for getting that stick removed from up your a**hole. Expand
  14. KimberlyS
    May 17, 2009
    I love Fiona. The others are great too, but she is the best. My favorite episodes are the ones where the crew outsmarts the bad guys and racks up a win for the underdog.
  15. pepepe
    Mar 18, 2009
    The best show ever. For those who say that the stunts or inventions are fake or unbelievable: THEY ARE VERY POSSIBLE. This show is not Swordfish. I am very critic about other films that show impossible gadgets. 99% of the improvised gadgets, techniques are very realistic, and it is not me who says it, a SOF (Special Operation Forces) who was in intelligence confirmed me the plausibility The best show ever. For those who say that the stunts or inventions are fake or unbelievable: THEY ARE VERY POSSIBLE. This show is not Swordfish. I am very critic about other films that show impossible gadgets. 99% of the improvised gadgets, techniques are very realistic, and it is not me who says it, a SOF (Special Operation Forces) who was in intelligence confirmed me the plausibility of it, and that is the reason he loves it too. Expand
  16. DickM.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Great show, A-team/McGuiver mixed with Miami Vice and a touch of Bourne: fun, engaging and silly all at the same time.
  17. JohnL.
    Aug 28, 2008
    Entertaining and original - The writers seem to know a lot about crime.
  18. GeneA.
    Jul 10, 2008
    I think it is the best show on tv. I am a new viewer. Won't be watching though because of the profanity especially using God's name in vain.
  19. TomG.
    Jul 6, 2008
    A damn good hour of TV. It should be a crime to miss watching this show. Honestly, if you complain about profanity, you're over protective. Kids are introduced to the F bomb at a much younger age, so hearing "wiring crap to a car" and "you lying son of a bitch!" isn't close to being profane.
  20. HulkH.
    Jul 3, 2008
    One of the best shows that I have ever seen. It is witty enough to be smart, but not enough to come off as pretentious. Along with this theme of moderation, There is enough homemade spy gadgets to intrigue any fan of James Bond, or MacGyver for that matter, but the show delves in to the personal issues of Michael Weston enough as to balance out the fire fights.
  21. JamesC.
    Mar 14, 2008
    Smart and engaging. Easy both to follow and catch up. Always two plots to follow -- earning an immediate living by turning a good deed and figuring out the long-term burn issue -- that hold my attention. Well done USA.
  22. AlexM.
    Jan 15, 2008
    This show is the best one in the world!, other channels should learn from USA Network and stop making such poor quality shows!
  23. LeoM.
    Jan 14, 2008
    A great lighthearted series! It is fast paced, witty and innovative. I hope it stays around for a few more seasons.
  24. TJW
    Dec 31, 2007
    Excellent show - would love to have a dvd of first season and am looking forward to season 2......... Can't think of any show I like better. Love the cast, the characters, the acting and the writing.
  25. AnnaN.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Funny-serious comedy about interesting characters. I love the energy, the tidbit insight spy stuff, and the character interactions. Great fun.
  26. DwightG.
    Nov 30, 2007
    I am having Burn Notice withdrawal!!!!
  27. Buck
    Nov 24, 2007
    Pam S. and Gary L the show is on at 10:00 pm for a reason it's not a cartoon It is a show for adults which you seem to be too simple to understand. if you weren't such morons you would see that,.If you don't like profanity turn on Spungrbob and shut the hell up,
  28. AbeS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    great cast, great fun
  29. PaulL.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Easily the best thing on TV. Great characters, acting and writing. This is the only show I have actually worked my schedule around watching. .
  30. BrandonM.
    Oct 20, 2007
    one of the best shows in the last 10 years
  31. KarlA.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This show grabbed my interest from the first show. The action, comedy and characters blend well with the spy plot slash Macquiver story. The actors work well off each other because of the excellent writing. After this first season, I am waiting for the next episode.
  32. JoyB.
    Oct 6, 2007
    When will this come out on DVD?
  33. AlexH.
    Oct 4, 2007
    The best show to hit USA in years. It is fantastic.
  34. JeffP.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Best show on TV. Well done, great charcters, well written. Love it. Bring it back soon.
  35. TonyB
    Sep 29, 2007
    This show is fantastic! I love the voice over comments on the various techniques of outwitting bad guys.
  36. BrianP.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Slick,witty, and sheen....and yes, Gabrielle Anwar=dead sexy.
  37. StanB.
    Sep 24, 2007
    This show is very into "how do you do that" that 007 and Mission Impossible show, but don't explain (if the stuff is true or not remains to be seen, but this is entertainment, not Spy 101). My kids love the show and could not wait to fire up the DVR too see the Season End.
  38. GeorgeO.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Surprisingly well written and acted, this show reminds me of one of my all time favorites, The Rockford Files, with it's downtrodden-smart-ass-with-a-heart-of-gold, and excellent acting and dialog all around, including minor characters. Don't miss it.
  39. LindaS.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I was a McGiver fan and Burn Notice's Jeffrey Donavan is another McGiver. He is also one of the two sexiest guys on USA Network. Was ecstatic that burn notice was picked up again.
  40. PatriciaA.
    Sep 13, 2007
    Best show I've seen in years...The over abundance of reality shows is nauseating! It's about time a show that is not only smart, sophisticated, and funny hit has the airwaves. Bravo! Hopes it stays on for years!!!!
  41. sandrab.
    Sep 4, 2007
    funny and sexy...finally something different. The cast has great chemistry. My husband and I will no longer watch Shark on channel 2 because Burn Notice is that good!
  42. CherylR.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Jeffrey Donovan is sexy as ex-operative turned private investigator. His deadpan demeanor is hilarious, and his growth as a human being well played. This show and The Closer are my favorite summer fare.
  43. TomT
    Sep 2, 2007
    I really like this show. I haven't consistently watched a TV show for several years until this one came along. The characters are great and the voiceover narrative is very clever. The show is really funny, if you get it! This show is way too witty for Network TV. Like Monk, USA is a perfect place for this show. BTW, Bruce Campbell's character is vert funny. I haven't seen I really like this show. I haven't consistently watched a TV show for several years until this one came along. The characters are great and the voiceover narrative is very clever. The show is really funny, if you get it! This show is way too witty for Network TV. Like Monk, USA is a perfect place for this show. BTW, Bruce Campbell's character is vert funny. I haven't seen Bruce since Army of Darkness, and he is still just as funny to me. Expand
  44. MaryKayeS.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Really entertaining. Likable actors, great dialogue, good writers.
  45. PamS.
    Aug 22, 2007
    Would be great except for Profanity. The profanity does NOT improve the show at all. Would have given it a much higher rating if it wasn't for the foul language.
  46. KateG.
    Aug 20, 2007
    Entertaining show that is a refreshing addition to the summer lineup. We watch it every week. Smart, sexy and slick. We like it!
  47. GaryA
    Aug 18, 2007
    I really like this show. Even my wife likes it. Cast is great. Chemistry is great. I enjoy the hero's narratives. It has good stories, action, humor, and is just plain fun to watch. Can't say that for two many shows on TV these days. Still haven't found anything I don't like about it.
  48. MaryW.
    Aug 18, 2007
    This is the best new show since "Monk." the characters have a repport that seems genuine and transcends to the actors themselves. The plots develop with the continuing theme of who "burned" Michael. It all comes together at the end of each episode and sets up the next show. Don't want it to end; smart, funny, creative, spectacular. Here's to many years!
  49. ChrisC.
    Aug 18, 2007
    A fun post-modern take on the super spy genre. Donovan has the chiseled features that evoke the sauve sophisticated globetrotting man of intrigue. However, one with a heaping helping of baggage. An abussive deceased father, a nagging mother, a deadbeat brother and a volitile ex-girlfriend which all make for someone ackwardly human despite his endless bag of covert op tricks. Throw in A fun post-modern take on the super spy genre. Donovan has the chiseled features that evoke the sauve sophisticated globetrotting man of intrigue. However, one with a heaping helping of baggage. An abussive deceased father, a nagging mother, a deadbeat brother and a volitile ex-girlfriend which all make for someone ackwardly human despite his endless bag of covert op tricks. Throw in Bruce Campbell as a boozing middle age bachelor and former Navy SEAL, you've got a sure fire formula for many episodes of entertainment. Definitely worth tuning in for each week. Expand
  50. LanceW.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Great cast, action (for TV), writing (and voice-overs), interesting weekly plots, and Jeffrey Donovan is ALWAYS good and likeable in whatever he's in.
  51. Debbiec.
    Aug 12, 2007
    I love the characters in this show. Fiona's relationship with Westin is full of energy and fun.
  52. KawikaC
    Aug 1, 2007
    WOW! This show rocks....USA Network is the new network to be reckoned with.........along with Monk and Psych, this is a great summer for TV
  53. SusanE
    Jul 29, 2007
    Great mix of actioon and humor. I wouldn't miss this show-watch every week. Great cast and characters.
  54. MikeB
    Jul 25, 2007
    Reiminds me of a wonderful show that never had a chance called Vengeance Unlimited, starring Michael Madsen. Quirky, tough lead man who helps people in need as we learn more and more about him. Great hand to hand combat scenes too. What is also nice is that the co-stars get a chance to show their chops.
  55. jerryb
    Jul 21, 2007
    An updated James Bond, with ther original movie series humor and solid acting from the lead actors. Campy in a 2007 way. Enjoy!
  56. SusanL.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Westen reminds me very much of Robert B. Parker's Spenser, only with less muscle. I'm enjoying it tremendously. Hope it never ends.
  57. MichaelP
    Jul 16, 2007
    Over all a good show with action and thus far a good story line. Some weak points include some scene changes with freeze frames and captions. Not my personal choice. Something about the girlfriend doesn't sit right with me but the other characters make up for this. I'll continue to watch the show.
  58. KathleenS.
    Jul 15, 2007
    Creative, amusing, well-acted. I am beginning to think the summer season is the one to watch.
  59. nicm.
    Jul 14, 2007
    The show is insightful and has the perfect amount of wit. the main character is perfect for the part and the only series ive ever been interested in watching. cant wait for the next episode.
  60. William\Muraskin
    Jul 13, 2007
    Quite entertaining even if not great.
  61. GaryL.
    Jul 12, 2007
    Interesting but need to filter profanity!! Would make it a better program & don't have to worry about my Granddaughter hearing this.
  62. JasonH.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I watched this mainly to get my new Bruce Campbell fix. I have to say, this paid out in full. Not since Sam Raimi has anyone written material decent for Bruce Campbell (sadly, that includes... Bruce Campbell). But he is just the "sidekick" in this great show. I was plesantly surprised by how great the acting was. The show is three parts Bourne Identity, two parts House, and one part I watched this mainly to get my new Bruce Campbell fix. I have to say, this paid out in full. Not since Sam Raimi has anyone written material decent for Bruce Campbell (sadly, that includes... Bruce Campbell). But he is just the "sidekick" in this great show. I was plesantly surprised by how great the acting was. The show is three parts Bourne Identity, two parts House, and one part MacGyver. I will be recommending this show to everyone and I highly advise picking up this show this summer (besides, what else are you going to watch... new episodes of "The Loop", I thought that was canceled?!?) Expand
    Jul 3, 2007
    excellent wit, sharp and edgy
  64. GinS.
    Jul 3, 2007
    I love this new show! Mike is perfectly sarcastic and gets along with his mother just like I get along with mine! I'm all ready a loyal fan after just one episode.
  65. MartiL.
    Jul 2, 2007
    I loved this show's premiere. It had action, romance, comedy and suspense and it was just the first episode. Donovan is gorgeous and I think there is a big future for this show.
  66. GeorgeK.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Amusing show, has a MacGyver-with-guns feel at times.
  67. ScottW.
    Jul 1, 2007
    good show
  68. RockT.
    Jul 1, 2007
    Enjoyed it very much. Did not have a chance to see the first showing but with DVR was able to enjoy.
  69. RandyH.
    Jun 30, 2007
    This has a great plot leaving room for comedy and drama to co-exist. Excellent cast, with a little luck this series should have staying power.
  70. calebp.
    Jun 30, 2007
    awesome show! funny, witty, exciting and a commercial free premier!
  71. DaveNolan
    Jun 29, 2007
    Snappy dialog and competent production make "Burn Notice" eminently watchable, if not riveting. Michael Western comes across as a slightly toned-down version of F. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack, Gabrille Anwar is charming as Fiona, and a pudged-up Bruce Campbell is surprisingly subdued. Not great, but I'll watch it again.
  72. JW
    Jun 29, 2007
    I cannot say that I was impressed with the pilot of this new USA comedy/action piece. I wanted to be, but everything about it comes off as being second rate. It tries to create the same insightful effect through the use of voice overs that Dexter manages so brilliantly, but they have so far ended up being obvious and sometimes just plain stupid. It also borrows from House, whose main I cannot say that I was impressed with the pilot of this new USA comedy/action piece. I wanted to be, but everything about it comes off as being second rate. It tries to create the same insightful effect through the use of voice overs that Dexter manages so brilliantly, but they have so far ended up being obvious and sometimes just plain stupid. It also borrows from House, whose main character sets people and situations up with a master stroke that always leaves you either laughing hysterically or dropping your jaw in awe of his genius. Here the setups just don't seem like they would work (In one instance he slams into another vehicle head on, and acts as if he would not be affected at all, simply because his vehicle has no air bag. It might work to a degree, but it is far from the brilliant plan the writer's want us to believe it is.) Script aside, Jeffrey Donavan is just not as good as Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, and the blevy of other actors who have shows primarily focused on themselves. It's not all bad, though, I chuckled a few times, and I think Donavan has a chance to be good, but he is just not there yet. It is summer and between episodes of Entourage, Rescue Me, and John From Cincinnatii you have to watch something, so you might as well give this a shot. Expand
  73. Amy
    Jun 28, 2007
    Thought this show was thoroughly entertaining...MacGyver + House + The A Team + CSI: Miami backdrop--yet still, amazingly original. the star of the show is the reason it works though.
  74. DannyS.
    Jun 27, 2007
    Fast, fun, and slick. This is a must watch with Bruce Campbell.

If “Burn Notice” can keep up the energy and the inventiveness of its pilot, it’ll be a must-see summer series for me.
    It makes a smart, charmingly irreverent first impression, thanks to its pleasantly warped, deadpan writing and performing.
  3. A standard detective story that's brightened by unusual characters and snazzy dialogue.