• Network: BBC America
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 16, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.4

1. Sep 11, 2014
    Absolutely loved it! What great performances by both actors. It was compelling from beginning to end. The sort of movie you could watch more than once.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    I found this under whelming. It could have had a much more explosive story. The story we know was an exciting forbidden love affair, one I am sure a good writer can make into a blockbuster.

1. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Oct 17, 2013
    Carter and West turn in winning performances, however little they resemble the icons they've been tasked to portray.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 16, 2013
    As with last year’s My Week with Marilyn, Burton and Taylor avoids retreading familiar material by picking a relatively quiet, unexplored interlude in a celebrity’s life--the stuff of tasteful restraint, but not exactly scintillating story. And it only scans as tasteful restraint if the audience can fill in all the salacious history for themselves. For those who can, Burton and Taylor is much more effective.
  3. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    Oct 16, 2013
    What makes the film especially memorable, and equally flawed, is its single-minded determination to drive out all the sleaze and scandal that so defined Burton and Taylor's love affair. Ivory doesn't spin a celebrity tale here but rather a universal story about love won and love lost.