• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 13, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
7.8

1. Nov 22, 2011
    Big ups to Rob Lowe who special guest starred in this season. Funny, vulgar and totally insane. Loved seeing him play this role, so very different from any I've seen him play before. Left me wanting more.
  2. Jan 23, 2011
    Californication remains to be a fun show with some depressing moments. Hank has reached his mid-life crisis and contemplates suicide after some intercourse with a hot lead to his next book-film adaptation.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

[The] once-charming contrarianism has gone utterly rancid, leaving us with the unpleasant spectacle of David Duchovny straddled repeatedly by jailbait.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jan 11, 2011
    I missed two seasons of this show but was able to jump right into it again as if it were a "Law and Order" spinoff. That would be OK if it weren't so painfully obvious that Californication aspires to be more than just a passively entertaining time-waster (or even an actively entertaining one like "Dream On").
  3. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Jan 5, 2011
    If you're able to get past the inconsistencies of tone, the first eight episodes of the season are still a lot of black-and-blue fun, which is to say they're darkly humorous, prolifically sexual, and purely entertaining.