Californication : Season 4

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 13, 2007
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.9

1. Jan 16, 2015
    For me season four is Californication’s best, and most consistent, season thus far. I found myself laughing at the humour more often and it even began to earn some of the sentimentality it’s been trying to push on its views from the very beginning. It can still really on crude humour and sexual content too often for my liking and it won’t be to everyone’s tastes but if you’re a fan of thisFor me season four is Californication’s best, and most consistent, season thus far. I found myself laughing at the humour more often and it even began to earn some of the sentimentality it’s been trying to push on its views from the very beginning. It can still really on crude humour and sexual content too often for my liking and it won’t be to everyone’s tastes but if you’re a fan of this type of comedy then it might be worth giving a go.

Side note: I know it’s a comedy drama but it is slightly annoying that virtually every woman Hank meets is attractive and wants to sleep with him no matter how he treats them.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    Big ups to Rob Lowe who special guest starred in this season. Funny, vulgar and totally insane. Loved seeing him play this role, so very different from any I've seen him play before. Left me wanting more.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

[The] once-charming contrarianism has gone utterly rancid, leaving us with the unpleasant spectacle of David Duchovny straddled repeatedly by jailbait.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jan 11, 2011
    I missed two seasons of this show but was able to jump right into it again as if it were a "Law and Order" spinoff. That would be OK if it weren't so painfully obvious that Californication aspires to be more than just a passively entertaining time-waster (or even an actively entertaining one like "Dream On").
  3. Reviewed by: Aaron Riccio
    Jan 5, 2011
    If you're able to get past the inconsistencies of tone, the first eight episodes of the season are still a lot of black-and-blue fun, which is to say they're darkly humorous, prolifically sexual, and purely entertaining.