• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 22, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.2

1. Mar 27, 2012
    For those naye sayers out there, I must pity you. The point of this show was to provide a stark contrast to BSG. BSG was a show where humans feared technology and feared the cylons, they were running in space and had to make quick decisions concerning survival. In Caprica, everything is advanced. The humans can't live without their technology which is so ingrained into the society. Starting off with a train explosion, this show is anything but slow. And from then on, I was hooked. The subtle nuances, the religious aspects, explaining where the cylon roots come from, why they were invented, and the hardships that went through to create them, and in what society they were created. All of these things made Caprica a wonderful show. I especially loved the element of Tamara in the V-world, being a dead walker and I quote 'Who are you?' Tamara answers 'I'm awake.' and she shoots her.
    Wonderful plot, and for anyone who says it was too slow or not action packed enough, they didn't watch this show, their guide said caprica, but when they selected it, I think Gilmore Girls must have really been on - believe me, that happens all the time to me. Guides can sometimes lie to you, it's really annoying.
  2. Oct 8, 2010
    Awesome show. I was skeptical but once i got into the 2nd episode i realized how much potential this show had and they really lived up to it. How goddamn cool would it be to have a virtual world you can go to that is populated with millions of other people. One section of it is a huge game where if you get killed in the game you are not allowed back so your actions have repercussions not like the video games of today where you can keep trying over and over. Such a solid idea. Worth watching a few episodes to see if you get sucked in. Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2010
    Didn't think I was going to bother with Caprica until I saw the previews. Now I'm hooked. Really looking forward to see how the cylons evolve in this series as well as the characters in the virtual world. Hope it doesn't disappoint. 'Frak' where is the next episode. I need another hit.
  4. Oct 18, 2010
    Great show! I had my doubts that any series would be able to step into the huge shoes of BSG but Caprica seems to have pulled it off quite handily. The creators have come up with a completely different setting and plot than its predecessor and yet have still managed to keep some of the core elements of Battlestar Galactica that I enjoyed. I am looking forward to several more years of top notch entertainment! Expand
  5. Dec 5, 2010
    HOW YOU CAN BRING CAPRICA BACK:

Sign the petition:

Send Syfy a letter without leaving your computer:

Prove Syfy wrong:

6. Feb 15, 2011
    Did not follow Battlestar Gallactica but prequel, Caprica, caught my eye and my imagination. Very well-crafted, acting is quite good, and the storyline is riveting .

1. Reviewed by: Keith StaskiewicZ
    Less action-packed than BSG, but still awash in the familiar themes of life, loss, identity, and big frakkin' robots with guns.
  2. How it all goes awry is the question that provides Caprica with its ripe potential. Unfortunately, a serious storytelling mistake in the early going has left me with doubts about whether it has the wherewithal to get there.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Caprica feels torn between soulfully mature ruminations and adolescent "accessibility" for gamers wondering where the space action went. Let's hope the pilot's spellbinding second hour points the way toward greatness.