Castle : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.4

1. heribertos
    Mar 30, 2010
    Intelligent, smart sexy and characters and story line that are magnetic. You start watching and are so enthralled by the characters and story that you want to catch up with everything you have missed in previous episodes.
  2. tammyw
    Mar 10, 2009
    I loved it i have been waiting (impatiently) for Nathan Fillion to return to TV and was thrilled to find out he has a new show. And it started on the best day ever my Birthday. best gift i have gotten in a long time. so thank you ABC you are now my favorite station.
  3. JamesS
    Apr 3, 2009
    Love the tongue in cheek feel of this show, it really should be classified as a parady. Fallion is great and so is Katic. Normally I would hate these cops shows, but the characters drive the show, not the plot.
  4. TaraM
    Apr 8, 2009
    Love this show! The chemistry between the lead actors is awesome, they do a good job.
  5. LoriS
    Mar 10, 2009
    I may be a little partial-I'm a huge Nathan Fillion fan-but I really enjoyed this show. A little humor, a little mystery, and a little sexual tension-what could be better. I know there are tons of cop dramas and detective shows out there, but I liked this because it put a little humor in it. There's enough seriousness out in the real world, I want a little laugh in my entertainment.
  6. KX
    May 6, 2009
    While there is room for improvement, I find a lighter cop show with tongue-in-cheek humor a refreshing change from shows that consist of mostly lectures about biology, math, etc. The chemistry among the actors is great - a real pleasure to watch!
  7. AimeeS
    Mar 10, 2009
    I love this new show- I love the sarcastic humor they share.- I will say ABC knows how to pick their shows.
  8. danaa
    Mar 10, 2009
    Call me shallow, but I loved the "moonlighting" imitation and I did buy the chemistry.
  9. Anita
    Mar 10, 2009
    It's not just about the love of Nathan Fillion. This show has interesting characters that charm and engage you, right along side Castle, the show's lead.
  10. DoloresG
    Nov 9, 2009
    Not only do I enjoy the innuendo going on between Castle and Beckett, but I am amused by the 3-generation interplay that occurs at Castle's apartment.
  11. Feb 9, 2011
    It reminds me a lot of Remington Steele and I loved that show! I do hope it ends a lot better though... I would also like to see more instances where Beckett is fully capable and smart enough to solve crimes without the help of a civilian with no formal training. Its kind of irritating but other than that... the banter on the show is quite fun to watch. I also hope it takes a cue fromIt reminds me a lot of Remington Steele and I loved that show! I do hope it ends a lot better though... I would also like to see more instances where Beckett is fully capable and smart enough to solve crimes without the help of a civilian with no formal training. Its kind of irritating but other than that... the banter on the show is quite fun to watch. I also hope it takes a cue from Bones and doesn't go down the drain like that one did. Expand
  12. ejw
    Apr 18, 2010
    BEST COP SHOW EVER. I dont even like cop shows. But this rocks. Especially with Nathan fillion and the lead female is great too. Excellent writing.
  13. DianeH
    Mar 10, 2009
    I am not a big fan of police/crime shows, but the lightheartedness and humor in this one are a good mix. Plus, Nathan is always good to look at. I see chemistry between the 2 leads in the show, why doesn't any one else? I never could get into Bones,, but this is a show I will be back to watch.
  14. Kevin
    Mar 16, 2009
    Great work by Nathan Fillion. This is the perfect role for him. The leads have great chemistry. The cases are nothing to write home about, but the show is certainly entertaining and it doesn't need to wow you with high tech gadgets and impossible plot twists to do it.
  15. MattA
    Mar 18, 2009
    What a fantastic show. I think the chemistry between Fillion and Katic is wonderful. Fillion delivers the comedy brilliantly, and the more straight-laced Katic makes for a great counter-weight character. I laughed out loud on several occasions, and will definitely be tuning in for future episodes.
  16. ChristineF
    Mar 18, 2009
    This is a well-written show and Nathan Fillion plays his character extremely well.
  17. KarenT
    Mar 10, 2009
    Nathan Fillion is the reason I'm watching. Hope they'll write some good stuff for him. Firefly was a so different vibe.
  18. BobbyG
    Mar 30, 2009
    A great show. The relationship between Castle and Beckett is fiery and refreshing in a sea of otherwise stale tv series. I find the disparity between the critics' and users' scores humorous. To the critics I say: Hug my balls, this show is better than you give it credit.
  19. jonj
    Mar 9, 2009
    Pretty good show... *too* good, actually. ABC likes killing off the fun-to-watch shows (Cupid, Eli Stone, just two of dozens), and unless women flock to their TVs to drool over Nathan Fillion week after week, it will join those other great ABC shows canceled way too soon... in about nine weeks or less.
  20. AlexW
    Mar 9, 2009
    This show is exactly what Television in 2009 needs. Two characters with such amazing chemistry that it just makes you smile non-stop to see them interact. The writing for this show is excellent, the dialogue, the plot, everything. I was extremely surprised by how much i enjoyed this and would put it right up there on my top shows list for 09 next to 24 and Burn Notice. Its nice to finally This show is exactly what Television in 2009 needs. Two characters with such amazing chemistry that it just makes you smile non-stop to see them interact. The writing for this show is excellent, the dialogue, the plot, everything. I was extremely surprised by how much i enjoyed this and would put it right up there on my top shows list for 09 next to 24 and Burn Notice. Its nice to finally have a show with such a likable cast. Expand
  21. HannahP
    Apr 24, 2009
    It's funny, engaging and interesting. It keeps me watching for the quality of the interplay between the two characters, rather than for the heavier aspect of the murder cases tackled by the show.
  22. timothyw
    Apr 29, 2009
    Off the few shows i actually watch, Castle is the only one i get excited about each week.
  23. EstherM
    Apr 5, 2009
    I like the hunky lead actor and the storyline. I just wish they'd talk slower.
  24. KelseyX
    Apr 9, 2009
    The plots of this show do perhaps leave a bit to be desired, but I believe it is worth watching for the characters. The plots aren't terrible, they're just not that solid. The actors are talented enough to make the show work though; I really like Katic and Fillion. A lot.
  25. NellR
    May 15, 2009
    It's not about the crimes it's about the chemistry. All good.
  26. MichaelL
    May 20, 2009
    I like the stylized mysteries but Nathan Fillion is so very great in this role (course if you want to bring back Firefly and cancel this I'd swap).
  27. gayles
    May 27, 2009
    One of my favorite shows this year! Please keep it going!
  28. ELSAM
    May 4, 2009
    Love this show!!!!! Please re-new this show for many more seasons!!!!! The characters are great together!
  29. SueL
    May 7, 2009
    Best new show this year! Great writting and wonderful chemistry with the characters.
  30. AnitaM
    Jun 24, 2009
    I don't get the bad reviews for this show, I find it funny, smart, and entertaining. Yes, it can be predictable...but what do you expect from a one-hour series...they are predictable; there's a crime that has to be solved in an hour...can't get too complicated now can it? I love the characters though. It's true this formula has been used before...but obviously I don't get the bad reviews for this show, I find it funny, smart, and entertaining. Yes, it can be predictable...but what do you expect from a one-hour series...they are predictable; there's a crime that has to be solved in an hour...can't get too complicated now can it? I love the characters though. It's true this formula has been used before...but obviously it's a formula the public enjoys. I know I do. Expand

1. It's going for a screwball comedy/mystery mash-up, but Castle is just an implausible muddle.
  2. The pilot and second installment are fun but utterly implausible, and the chemistry between the leads is passable but mostly forced.
  3. There's nothing in ABC's Castle viewers haven't seen a million times before, but the cast elevates the pedestrian material.