• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.0

1. heribertos
    Mar 30, 2010
    Intelligent, smart sexy and characters and story line that are magnetic. You start watching and are so enthralled by the characters and story that you want to catch up with everything you have missed in previous episodes.
  2. tammyw
    Mar 10, 2009
    I loved it i have been waiting (impatiently) for Nathan Fillion to return to TV and was thrilled to find out he has a new show. And it started on the best day ever my Birthday. best gift i have gotten in a long time. so thank you ABC you are now my favorite station.
  3. JamesS
    Apr 3, 2009
    Love the tongue in cheek feel of this show, it really should be classified as a parady. Fallion is great and so is Katic. Normally I would hate these cops shows, but the characters drive the show, not the plot.
  4. TaraM
    Apr 8, 2009
    Love this show! The chemistry between the lead actors is awesome, they do a good job.
  5. LoriS
    Mar 10, 2009
    I may be a little partial-I'm a huge Nathan Fillion fan-but I really enjoyed this show. A little humor, a little mystery, and a little sexual tension-what could be better. I know there are tons of cop dramas and detective shows out there, but I liked this because it put a little humor in it. There's enough seriousness out in the real world, I want a little laugh in my entertainment.
  6. KX
    May 6, 2009
    While there is room for improvement, I find a lighter cop show with tongue-in-cheek humor a refreshing change from shows that consist of mostly lectures about biology, math, etc. The chemistry among the actors is great - a real pleasure to watch!
  7. AimeeS
    Mar 10, 2009
    I love this new show- I love the sarcastic humor they share.- I will say ABC knows how to pick their shows.
  8. danaa
    Mar 10, 2009
    Call me shallow, but I loved the "moonlighting" imitation and I did buy the chemistry.
  9. Anita
    Mar 10, 2009
    It's not just about the love of Nathan Fillion. This show has interesting characters that charm and engage you, right along side Castle, the show's lead.
  10. DoloresG
    Nov 9, 2009
    Not only do I enjoy the innuendo going on between Castle and Beckett, but I am amused by the 3-generation interplay that occurs at Castle's apartment.
  11. Feb 9, 2011
    It reminds me a lot of Remington Steele and I loved that show! I do hope it ends a lot better though... I would also like to see more instances where Beckett is fully capable and smart enough to solve crimes without the help of a civilian with no formal training. Its kind of irritating but other than that... the banter on the show is quite fun to watch. I also hope it takes a cue fromIt reminds me a lot of Remington Steele and I loved that show! I do hope it ends a lot better though... I would also like to see more instances where Beckett is fully capable and smart enough to solve crimes without the help of a civilian with no formal training. Its kind of irritating but other than that... the banter on the show is quite fun to watch. I also hope it takes a cue from Bones and doesn't go down the drain like that one did. Expand
  12. ejw
    Apr 18, 2010
    BEST COP SHOW EVER. I dont even like cop shows. But this rocks. Especially with Nathan fillion and the lead female is great too. Excellent writing.
  13. KenC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Can't get into a rich, arrogant, wise-cracking character who has no regard for anyone alive or dead.
  14. carterb
    Mar 16, 2009
    Nathan fillion big fan! but in this he just comes of as smarmy, as for the female lead, I think a ballsy 30 somthing actress eg gina toreres would have spiced things up (and not because of the firely thing, I just think more avenues to explore) were left with a bland 20 somthing female lead who left no impression at all. As for the case I felt I was watching a bad murder she wrote. sorry Nathan fillion big fan! but in this he just comes of as smarmy, as for the female lead, I think a ballsy 30 somthing actress eg gina toreres would have spiced things up (and not because of the firely thing, I just think more avenues to explore) were left with a bland 20 somthing female lead who left no impression at all. As for the case I felt I was watching a bad murder she wrote. sorry nathan but this blows. Expand
  15. mungostj
    Dec 12, 2009
    he must have a ghost writer. Reminds me of Bones, she is smart & he isn't. Neither show is very good.
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    I find Castle arrogant and unbelievable in his character. I also find the whole premise of him being able to follow police around to the point of questioning suspects and being allowed to go into situations he ends up in equally unbelievable. The personal stories are irritating time for a bathroom break when they start whining about not making their feelings known to each other, or theI find Castle arrogant and unbelievable in his character. I also find the whole premise of him being able to follow police around to the point of questioning suspects and being allowed to go into situations he ends up in equally unbelievable. The personal stories are irritating time for a bathroom break when they start whining about not making their feelings known to each other, or the heaviness of decisions over everyday problems. The stories can be interesting, but the characters aren't. Expand
  17. DianeH
    Mar 10, 2009
    I am not a big fan of police/crime shows, but the lightheartedness and humor in this one are a good mix. Plus, Nathan is always good to look at. I see chemistry between the 2 leads in the show, why doesn't any one else? I never could get into Bones,, but this is a show I will be back to watch.
  18. Kevin
    Mar 16, 2009
    Great work by Nathan Fillion. This is the perfect role for him. The leads have great chemistry. The cases are nothing to write home about, but the show is certainly entertaining and it doesn't need to wow you with high tech gadgets and impossible plot twists to do it.
  19. MattA
    Mar 18, 2009
    What a fantastic show. I think the chemistry between Fillion and Katic is wonderful. Fillion delivers the comedy brilliantly, and the more straight-laced Katic makes for a great counter-weight character. I laughed out loud on several occasions, and will definitely be tuning in for future episodes.
  20. ChristineF
    Mar 18, 2009
    This is a well-written show and Nathan Fillion plays his character extremely well.
  21. KarenT
    Mar 10, 2009
    Nathan Fillion is the reason I'm watching. Hope they'll write some good stuff for him. Firefly was a so different vibe.
  22. BobbyG
    Mar 30, 2009
    A great show. The relationship between Castle and Beckett is fiery and refreshing in a sea of otherwise stale tv series. I find the disparity between the critics' and users' scores humorous. To the critics I say: Hug my balls, this show is better than you give it credit.
  23. jonj
    Mar 9, 2009
    Pretty good show... *too* good, actually. ABC likes killing off the fun-to-watch shows (Cupid, Eli Stone, just two of dozens), and unless women flock to their TVs to drool over Nathan Fillion week after week, it will join those other great ABC shows canceled way too soon... in about nine weeks or less.
  24. AlexW
    Mar 9, 2009
    This show is exactly what Television in 2009 needs. Two characters with such amazing chemistry that it just makes you smile non-stop to see them interact. The writing for this show is excellent, the dialogue, the plot, everything. I was extremely surprised by how much i enjoyed this and would put it right up there on my top shows list for 09 next to 24 and Burn Notice. Its nice to finally This show is exactly what Television in 2009 needs. Two characters with such amazing chemistry that it just makes you smile non-stop to see them interact. The writing for this show is excellent, the dialogue, the plot, everything. I was extremely surprised by how much i enjoyed this and would put it right up there on my top shows list for 09 next to 24 and Burn Notice. Its nice to finally have a show with such a likable cast. Collapse
  25. HannahP
    Apr 24, 2009
    It's funny, engaging and interesting. It keeps me watching for the quality of the interplay between the two characters, rather than for the heavier aspect of the murder cases tackled by the show.
  26. timothyw
    Apr 29, 2009
    Off the few shows i actually watch, Castle is the only one i get excited about each week.
  27. EstherM
    Apr 5, 2009
    I like the hunky lead actor and the storyline. I just wish they'd talk slower.
  28. KelseyX
    Apr 9, 2009
    The plots of this show do perhaps leave a bit to be desired, but I believe it is worth watching for the characters. The plots aren't terrible, they're just not that solid. The actors are talented enough to make the show work though; I really like Katic and Fillion. A lot.
  29. NellR
    May 15, 2009
    It's not about the crimes it's about the chemistry. All good.
  30. MichaelL
    May 20, 2009
    I like the stylized mysteries but Nathan Fillion is so very great in this role (course if you want to bring back Firefly and cancel this I'd swap).
  31. gayles
    May 27, 2009
    One of my favorite shows this year! Please keep it going!
  32. ELSAM
    May 4, 2009
    Love this show!!!!! Please re-new this show for many more seasons!!!!! The characters are great together!
  33. SueL
    May 7, 2009
    Best new show this year! Great writting and wonderful chemistry with the characters.
  34. AnitaM
    Jun 24, 2009
    I don't get the bad reviews for this show, I find it funny, smart, and entertaining. Yes, it can be predictable...but what do you expect from a one-hour series...they are predictable; there's a crime that has to be solved in an hour...can't get too complicated now can it? I love the characters though. It's true this formula has been used before...but obviously I don't get the bad reviews for this show, I find it funny, smart, and entertaining. Yes, it can be predictable...but what do you expect from a one-hour series...they are predictable; there's a crime that has to be solved in an hour...can't get too complicated now can it? I love the characters though. It's true this formula has been used before...but obviously it's a formula the public enjoys. I know I do. Expand
  35. DawnG
    Jun 9, 2009
    I work hard all day, and enjoy the lightweight, but engaging relationship-based banter between the 2 main characters. They are fun characters, and I find myself smiling throughout the whole show. Smiling is a good thing! I hope they renew & flesh out the show.
  36. KevinB
    Aug 29, 2009
    I agree wholeheartedly with most of the critic reviews. The stories are formulaic, the characters are clichés, the direction and cinematography is nothing to write home about... but the banter pushes the show up above 'mediocre' and Fillion's performance elevates it further.
  37. SarahR
    Sep 26, 2009
    I was surprised at how much I love Castle. I love the interaction between Beckett and Castle, and between Castle and his mother and daughter. Some murder shows take themselves too seriously and get too gory/gross. Castle has a few graphic images, but in general the tone stays fairly light. Just right for watching after a long day at work.
  38. chrisa
    Jan 19, 2010
    One of the best cop shows I've seen. I'm a huge fan on Fillion and his character is this show is perfect for him. With a surplus of murder mystery shows this one adds a much needed light heart to the mix. Great in comedy, emotion and suspense.
  39. JodyC.
    Jan 20, 2010
    Love the show Can not wait for Monday night.
  40. BillR.
    Feb 3, 2010
    One of the best most enjoyable shows I have seen in a very long time. From the characters, to their interaction, to the crimes to be solved, a very enjoyable and fun watch. I hope ABC keeps it coming for a very long time.
  41. Frank
    Mar 25, 2010
    Very, very funny! Excellent writing and cast, deep characterization. Most episodes feature fairly convincing cases that are rarely contrived enough to insult our intelligence. The only mainstream crime show I will watch.
  42. JoeT
    Apr 13, 2010
    Great banter between Castle and Beckett and the supporting cast is great. Fun stories and trying to figure out whodunit is worth the hour. Great fun!
  43. Christopher
    Nov 9, 2009
    I can only think that the low critics score is the result of reviews from the first two episodes and nothing else. Many of the critics comments seem to refer to the pilot and then the second episode. It's time for a refresh! Castle has grown considerably since it's debut, the cast and the writers (with the exception of Fillion who was arguably perfect right out of the gate) have I can only think that the low critics score is the result of reviews from the first two episodes and nothing else. Many of the critics comments seem to refer to the pilot and then the second episode. It's time for a refresh! Castle has grown considerably since it's debut, the cast and the writers (with the exception of Fillion who was arguably perfect right out of the gate) have all developed into their roles. While, true, there's nothing particularly new to the show, it does bring a very welcome comedic addition to the the collective tv lineups that fills the gaping void left from the cancellation of 'Pushing Daisies'. Expand
  44. CarolR
    Oct 28, 2009
    Yes, it's predictable, formulatic etc and so on. However, life's difficult and light, breezy entertainment isn't a bad thing. Personally, I absolutely love the Family relationships. There's a mutual love, trust and support that melts my heart. And underneath the "will they/won't they" silliness, there is a caring.
  45. Annie
    Mar 10, 2009
    The only thing that will serve as a life raft for this show is Fillion's ability to make the mundane hysterical and compelling. Static is unbelievable as a cop and I found myself laughing when she tried to intimidate characters around her, especially Fillion's Castle.
  46. CaseyJ
    Mar 11, 2009
    This show was really good. It has gotten some mixed reviews. DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!! The show is better than Psych and at least as good as Season 2 House.
  47. gerryd
    Mar 10, 2009
    In a horse race with Booth & Brennan for the best chemistry since Dave & Maddie.
  48. melissam.
    Mar 11, 2009
    Its the best show ever!
  49. KerryF
    Mar 17, 2009
    I liked it and its just the first show!
  50. BeckyF
    Mar 22, 2009
    Great new show! The chemistry between Fillion and Katic is definitely worth watching.
  51. ToriP
    Mar 23, 2009
    I thought it was great. Fillion is amusing, and I know from his other work that he has a subtlety that keeps his character from being just a jacka**. The love for his daughter gave his character another layer, and I am looking forward to seeing them continue the story. Well done, and I know it will only get better!
  52. AliceB
    Apr 26, 2009
    Among all of the dribble on American teleevsion thee days Monday nights and Castle is something I look forward to. Nathan Fillion has wonderful comic timing... it is more of a comedy than a drama.
  53. TheQueen
    Apr 4, 2009
    Really enjoy this new show. People liken it to Moonlighting, bu i don't see it. I watched Moonlighting from the beginning and there was a feeling of actual dislike between the characters. Their "relationship" was scripted. The characters on Castle, because of the smooth writing, are likable as "frenemies". There is not an arrogance to these characters, but rather the give-and-take of Really enjoy this new show. People liken it to Moonlighting, bu i don't see it. I watched Moonlighting from the beginning and there was a feeling of actual dislike between the characters. Their "relationship" was scripted. The characters on Castle, because of the smooth writing, are likable as "frenemies". There is not an arrogance to these characters, but rather the give-and-take of people from two different worlds having to come together to accomplish separate tasks. I enjoy the acting as well as the story lines. Keep going, Castle! Expand
  54. ClaudS
    Apr 6, 2009
    Great Show. Keep it coming, the banter between character are good.
  55. TedB
    May 11, 2009
    Love this show, Remind me of a show from way back called Moon Lighting, with Bruse Willis, and Cybel Shepard. I'm hoping that ABC allows us to see a second season.
  56. AngelaF
    May 13, 2009
    I love this show! I am so sick of the prime time "soap operas" that have taken up TV these days. This is a funny, refreshing break for me on Monday nights!
  57. KS
    May 13, 2009
    I absolutely love this show. Great characters! It's fast past, and the chemistry is perfection! Can't wait until next season.
  58. RitaC
    May 18, 2009
    I really like this show, I hope it sticks around. My friend & I are loyal viewers. I'll probably go back to going out on Monday nights if it is taken off the air. I am only a regular viewer of five shows: Castle, Eureka, NCIS, Numbers & Project Runway. Please kee this series going!
  59. DanS
    May 28, 2009
    Nathan Fillion owns the part of Richard Castle! The chemistry between Castle and Beckett played by Nathan & Stana is Off The Charts, Sizzling & Crackling with Electricity!! Plus, the relationship between Castle and his Daughter, played by the lovely Molly Quinn is incredible! Love Nathan & Stana together - Thanks ABC!
  60. Cassandra
    May 30, 2009
    My boyfriend and I love this show. Nathan Fillion's character is hilarious, and the banter between him and the female lead is great. Good draw for both men and women. I hope they keep this one around for a while!
  61. JeanieB
    May 5, 2009
    Love this show!! It's fun & very entertaining. They don't take themselves too seriously, which makes it so enjoyable.
  62. grantt
    May 5, 2009
    I think this show is fun and a blast to watch! great one liners and good plot with great stories.
  63. S.E.p
    May 5, 2009
    Great show--I love watching the interactions and chemistry between Castle and Beckett. Hope it's around for many more seasons--it's become a favorite.
  64. TomH
    Jul 16, 2009
    Terrific show, full of witty writing and brilliant comic timing, and possibly the best partnership on television today.
  65. LarryB
    Sep 24, 2009
    Clever writing, great leads, strong supporting cast, wonderful production value...what's not to love?
  66. ChrisH
    Dec 14, 2009
    It's on my wife and my regular viewing schedule, really just one of 4 we care about and record for later viewing.
  67. CelestR
    Mar 14, 2009
    "Castle" focuses on the interactions of the main characters, not necessarily the intricacy of the murder cases. But when you have two main characters that ooze chemistry like Fillion and Katic, it's a very addictive watch. Hoping that the murders will be as exciting as the chemistry, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
  68. InoueS
    Mar 14, 2009
    The chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is unbelievable! ABC did good by casting Fillion the very suave writer and his polar opposite Stana Katic. I look forward to more!
  69. LindaS
    Mar 14, 2009
    So what if it's reminiscent of "Moonlighting." It's good writing, sexy, entertaining.
  70. EricS
    Mar 21, 2009
    Fantastic show. The actors have undeniable chemestry with each other. The dynamic of Fillions character will only grow on viewers as more episodes air. His one side of quick witted crazy author, and the other side of the sweet caring father will win over a lot of people. Let alone the sexual tension between Fillion and the female lead. I think if people stick with the show they are in for Fantastic show. The actors have undeniable chemestry with each other. The dynamic of Fillions character will only grow on viewers as more episodes air. His one side of quick witted crazy author, and the other side of the sweet caring father will win over a lot of people. Let alone the sexual tension between Fillion and the female lead. I think if people stick with the show they are in for a real treat. Expand
  71. karenj
    Apr 21, 2009
    My husband and I both watch the show and enjoy it. I don't usually like "funny" shows, but I like the humor in Castle. I love the stars and like the premise. I read tons of mysteries and have often thought that the really good, experienced authors could probably solve a murder. I want to see Castle with more of his writer friends, love that!! Of course if I get to like a show and My husband and I both watch the show and enjoy it. I don't usually like "funny" shows, but I like the humor in Castle. I love the stars and like the premise. I read tons of mysteries and have often thought that the really good, experienced authors could probably solve a murder. I want to see Castle with more of his writer friends, love that!! Of course if I get to like a show and watch regularly, it's the kiss of death and the show is replaced with some moronic sitcom or worse. ; it's a fun show and much needed in depressing times. I love all of the characters just as they are and I don't care if they've been done before. I like Castle and want to see it thrive. Expand
  72. SueS
    Apr 26, 2009
    Castle's a great show--the interactions between the characters Beckett and Castle are fun to watch. I hope ABC gives it half a chance and brings it back for a full season.
  73. GinaW
    Apr 29, 2009
    I love this show! It has such a great combination of mystery and humor.
  74. mariac
    May 12, 2009
    Perfect chemistry. love all characters.
  75. CandaceH
    May 13, 2009
    This show is light with lots of chemistry....a fun and differnt twist on all the brutal bloody cop shows. I hope ABC keeps this one...they tend to drop things before giving them a chance.
  76. JessicaS
    May 14, 2009
    I love cop shows - I really do, but this one stands up above the rest because it's SUPPOSED to be funny and it delivers. It is amusing, the actors are all great (I even love the little background people who I feel we really get to know), and ABC would be a FOOL to let another Fillion gem get away! Come on, show us you're smarter than Fox and let us keep this one! :D
  77. GloriaL
    May 17, 2009
    The critics hate it. We love it. Quelle surprise! Don't you know that most people aren't really interested in murder? (well maybe murderers, lawyers, and police types are). They prefer to find out what the living are up to. Go Castle and Beckett, Martha, and Alexis! It's fluffy, and I'm telling you it's grade A fluff!
  78. KimberlyS
    May 17, 2009
    Nathan Filion shines in this show. His quirky behavior is endearing. I must say, this role seems to be written just for him. The writing for this show is great.
  79. KatherineB
    May 23, 2009
    This is by far the coolest show out there at the moment! I wish the reviewers had actually watched more than the first episode as their reviews are completely off! Go Castle!!!!!!
  80. WilliamM.
    Jul 23, 2009
    As good or even better than other great shows like the Mentalist.
  81. Sep 23, 2010
    Good Dynamic, likable personalities. Although the series is hardly ground-breaking, it is cute, funny and genuine.

Nathan Fillion has continually impressed since his days with BTVS, and the surrounding cast compliments his humor and charm.
  82. Jan 16, 2014
    Castle is incredibly fun and well put together in its entirety, but the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic on screen is what makes the show something more than just another crime mystery/drama. It never takes itself too seriously but never settles to be just surface level. Seeing the critics dampen the metascore of this fun show is disheartening and reminds me why I can'tCastle is incredibly fun and well put together in its entirety, but the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic on screen is what makes the show something more than just another crime mystery/drama. It never takes itself too seriously but never settles to be just surface level. Seeing the critics dampen the metascore of this fun show is disheartening and reminds me why I can't always trust a review, even if its averaged amongst "professionals". Castle is definitely worth a watch. Expand
  83. Mar 2, 2011
    This is an oddly entertaining series. The series isn't particularly smart and it is full of cliches and of course quite predictable. But almost every single character is extremely likeable. The stories are novel and the lines of humorous. What more can we ask for?
  84. Mar 23, 2011
    Best Show on TV. So much better than that crap, Bones, Dexter & CSI.. The people that think different lack humor and intelligence! Castle is truly a breath of fresh air for all ages to enjoy!
  85. Apr 1, 2013
    Having killed off his popular mystery character Derek Storm, Richard Castle is suffering writers block and finds himself unable to even start his next book. When the NYPD asks for his help catching a serial killer taking inspiration from his books he meets Detective Kate Beckett. Strong, sexy and independent she is everything he has been looking for, and not just for his book...

At its

At its heart Castle is a police procedural that finds the duo tasked with solving a new crime each week. The twisting mystery of each episode is usually fairly entertaining and the ongoing mystery of the story behind the death of Beckett’s mother certainly adds a layer of emotional depth to a number of episodes. It is however the central relationship between Castle and Beckett that lifts the show above the bog standard cop show. Nathan Fillion is as good as ever and his on-screen chemistry with Stana Katic is simply electrifying.
    While it may be a little far-fetched at times this is a show that never takes itself too seriously and rarely fails to entertain.
  86. Jun 14, 2011
    Castle is one of the best written shows on television. The show can be considered a dramedy, the basis of the show being about murder, but the character Richard Castle and his wise cracks makes this show funny as well. The acting is great by everybody involved in the show. Not only are the main characters strong characters, the supporting ones are as well. And the chemistry betweenCastle is one of the best written shows on television. The show can be considered a dramedy, the basis of the show being about murder, but the character Richard Castle and his wise cracks makes this show funny as well. The acting is great by everybody involved in the show. Not only are the main characters strong characters, the supporting ones are as well. And the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is absolutely amazing. They are great actors.

The writing is fantastic and having actors that are able to bring it to life is amazing and this show absolutely does that.
  87. Jun 20, 2011
    I love this show. Great dialogue and engaging characters. The development of Richard Castle's family relationships alongside the crime solving is a wonderful contrast that makes the whole show more genuine and interesting. The only place I can see room for improvement is in the overarching plot, because currently they are in danger of jumping the shark. I hope the writers are sensibleI love this show. Great dialogue and engaging characters. The development of Richard Castle's family relationships alongside the crime solving is a wonderful contrast that makes the whole show more genuine and interesting. The only place I can see room for improvement is in the overarching plot, because currently they are in danger of jumping the shark. I hope the writers are sensible enough to write us a good story, even if it's an ending. Overall though I love the lighthearted tone of this show, and the focus on character development. Can't wait for the next season! Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Best show I've ever watched. It's grasping, addicting, and simply interesting. I can never changed the channel when this show is on. The characters get your attention and the cases are interesting. An amazing climax with romance. action, and mystery.
  89. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best T.V shows on right now! Extremely addictive show! Inspired me to study forensics in high school! I wonder if real detectives have this much fun on the job! The characters are very likeable!
  90. Jan 31, 2012
    This show is not bad it's pretty good but, that's all this show will be just good not great not spectacular not awesome not fantastic not remarkable just GOOD. This show is very watchable and that's its best quality of all. This show boast a pretty sweet set and the thing that draws people back to watch this show is the good stories and good chemistry of its cast particularly the betweenThis show is not bad it's pretty good but, that's all this show will be just good not great not spectacular not awesome not fantastic not remarkable just GOOD. This show is very watchable and that's its best quality of all. This show boast a pretty sweet set and the thing that draws people back to watch this show is the good stories and good chemistry of its cast particularly the between the two leads of Castle and Beckett. The show has nice as aesthetics nice use of its set and pretty good use of guns. The only thing that's great (great is one above good and no higher) in this show is the acting of a select few of its cast and that's it. This show has a unique aspect in that a best-selling book author is used to assist in crimes with law-enforcement and how integral his family becomes to the show which adds a unique quirkiness to this show. Expand
  91. Jun 17, 2013
    Fillion is a great lead, The rest of the cast is so-so. The stories are not that enjoyable though and the episodes are far too short as well. Only reason the show is worth watching is because of Fillion's capturing performance.
  92. Jun 4, 2014
    I enjoy this show when its plots are far-out; when the plots are more standard the show just blends together with other cop shows. But it knows how to spin the high concept stuff and I wish it would so so more often. Unfortunately, though, this show reminds me of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, insofar as Jeremy Brett gained a ton of weight (due to medication he was on) and he becameI enjoy this show when its plots are far-out; when the plots are more standard the show just blends together with other cop shows. But it knows how to spin the high concept stuff and I wish it would so so more often. Unfortunately, though, this show reminds me of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, insofar as Jeremy Brett gained a ton of weight (due to medication he was on) and he became extremely sick in the final seasons. Nathan Fillion is not ill to my knowledge, but his weight gain is hard to take. In the first few seasons he was a handsome guy (like Jeremy Brett who was nearly cast as James Bond years ago), but in recent seasons Nathan has become so bloated it's just sad. It's particularly striking when, after the current season ended, I went back and watched some earlier seasons. Oh boy what a change! Meanwhile the other cast members remain virtually unchanged. It's like Nathan is aging 3x faster than everyone else, but it's simply the effect of weight on a middle-aged face and body. Expand
  93. Jul 11, 2012
    love this show can't wait for this season to see what happens between castle a becket this show leaves me every week wanting more from the crime solving duo
  94. Nov 4, 2012
    very interesting cases, a little cheesy at times but pretty addictive. I really love this show, the acting is pretty good, the concepts are enlightening and fresh but there are moments in the script where things seems a little mundane or drawn out especially in the fourth season. Overall though I relatively like the show and for some reason I cannot seem to stop watching.
  95. Dec 9, 2012
    Love the show. Nathan Fillion is one of my fav actors. The girl playing his daughter is really cute. I appreciate a show with wisecracking characters.
  96. Feb 26, 2013
    This program is very easy viewing with well written character interaction that grows as the program develops. The plot lines are innovative at times with a well paced and packed script. This program transfers very easily over the pond to Europe and has a unique global appeal.
  97. Aug 15, 2013
    Smart, new, and mysterious, "Castle" is a wonderfully written with emotional depth and is plotted out intelligently. With Nathan Fillion as the Richard Castle, you know that your in safe hands with this show.
  98. Oct 10, 2013
    Castle is a refreshing, fun, humorous detective drama starring Firefly's Nathan Filllion as a world famous mystery novelist who teams up with the FBI, at first for insight into his book, and then because he just loves doing it. Castle is hysterical. He has witty remarks for just about everything and often feels like a kid in a candy store. He's extremely relatable. He loves ScienceCastle is a refreshing, fun, humorous detective drama starring Firefly's Nathan Filllion as a world famous mystery novelist who teams up with the FBI, at first for insight into his book, and then because he just loves doing it. Castle is hysterical. He has witty remarks for just about everything and often feels like a kid in a candy store. He's extremely relatable. He loves Science Fiction, explosions and guy stuff and never takes anything to seriously. On the other hand, his insight into writing makes him an extremely valuable asset to the team, as it is almost always his discoveries that solve the case. Castle is an intelligent, sexy, witty show that is a must see for any fans of Television. If you like House or Boston Legal, you'll love Castle. Expand
  99. Dec 2, 2013
    Awesome series i love to watch it, the story and the story, characters and the overall picture also is quite realistic if you compare it with some of the other police-series and they don't have all the high tec stuff policemen have in other series but just some awesome police-work.
  100. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't explain how great this show is, but In these words when Beckett said "Well then Richard Alexander Rodgers Castle, yes, yes I will marry you!" Is was pretty scared when Beckett went undercover and Vulcan Simmons was trying to kill her. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    It's going for a screwball comedy/mystery mash-up, but Castle is just an implausible muddle.
  2. The pilot and second installment are fun but utterly implausible, and the chemistry between the leads is passable but mostly forced.
  3. There's nothing in ABC's Castle viewers haven't seen a million times before, but the cast elevates the pedestrian material.