• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
9.1

1. Feb 9, 2011
    It reminds me a lot of Remington Steele and I loved that show! I do hope it ends a lot better though... I would also like to see more instances where Beckett is fully capable and smart enough to solve crimes without the help of a civilian with no formal training. Its kind of irritating but other than that... the banter on the show is quite fun to watch. I also hope it takes a cue from Bones and doesn't go down the drain like that one did. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2010
    Good Dynamic, likable personalities. Although the series is hardly ground-breaking, it is cute, funny and genuine.

Nathan Fillion has continually impressed since his days with BTVS, and the surrounding cast compliments his humor and charm.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    Castle is incredibly fun and well put together in its entirety, but the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic on screen is what makes the show something more than just another crime mystery/drama. It never takes itself too seriously but never settles to be just surface level. Seeing the critics dampen the metascore of this fun show is disheartening and reminds me why I can't always trust a review, even if its averaged amongst "professionals". Castle is definitely worth a watch. Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2011
    This is an oddly entertaining series. The series isn't particularly smart and it is full of cliches and of course quite predictable. But almost every single character is extremely likeable. The stories are novel and the lines of humorous. What more can we ask for?
  5. Mar 23, 2011
    Best Show on TV. So much better than that crap, Bones, Dexter & CSI.. The people that think different lack humor and intelligence! Castle is truly a breath of fresh air for all ages to enjoy!
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    Having killed off his popular mystery character Derek Storm, Richard Castle is suffering writers block and finds himself unable to even start his next book. When the NYPD asks for his help catching a serial killer taking inspiration from his books he meets Detective Kate Beckett. Strong, sexy and independent she is everything he has been looking for, and not just for his book...

At its
    heart Castle is a police procedural that finds the duo tasked with solving a new crime each week. The twisting mystery of each episode is usually fairly entertaining and the ongoing mystery of the story behind the death of Beckett’s mother certainly adds a layer of emotional depth to a number of episodes. It is however the central relationship between Castle and Beckett that lifts the show above the bog standard cop show. Nathan Fillion is as good as ever and his on-screen chemistry with Stana Katic is simply electrifying.
    While it may be a little far-fetched at times this is a show that never takes itself too seriously and rarely fails to entertain.
  7. Jun 14, 2011
    Castle is one of the best written shows on television. The show can be considered a dramedy, the basis of the show being about murder, but the character Richard Castle and his wise cracks makes this show funny as well. The acting is great by everybody involved in the show. Not only are the main characters strong characters, the supporting ones are as well. And the chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is absolutely amazing. They are great actors.

The writing is fantastic and having actors that are able to bring it to life is amazing and this show absolutely does that.
  8. Jun 20, 2011
    I love this show. Great dialogue and engaging characters. The development of Richard Castle's family relationships alongside the crime solving is a wonderful contrast that makes the whole show more genuine and interesting. The only place I can see room for improvement is in the overarching plot, because currently they are in danger of jumping the shark. I hope the writers are sensible enough to write us a good story, even if it's an ending. Overall though I love the lighthearted tone of this show, and the focus on character development. Can't wait for the next season! Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Best show I've ever watched. It's grasping, addicting, and simply interesting. I can never changed the channel when this show is on. The characters get your attention and the cases are interesting. An amazing climax with romance. action, and mystery.
  10. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the best T.V shows on right now! Extremely addictive show! Inspired me to study forensics in high school! I wonder if real detectives have this much fun on the job! The characters are very likeable!
  11. Jan 31, 2012
    This show is not bad it's pretty good but, that's all this show will be just good not great not spectacular not awesome not fantastic not remarkable just GOOD. This show is very watchable and that's its best quality of all. This show boast a pretty sweet set and the thing that draws people back to watch this show is the good stories and good chemistry of its cast particularly the between the two leads of Castle and Beckett. The show has nice as aesthetics nice use of its set and pretty good use of guns. The only thing that's great (great is one above good and no higher) in this show is the acting of a select few of its cast and that's it. This show has a unique aspect in that a best-selling book author is used to assist in crimes with law-enforcement and how integral his family becomes to the show which adds a unique quirkiness to this show. Expand
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    Fillion is a great lead, The rest of the cast is so-so. The stories are not that enjoyable though and the episodes are far too short as well. Only reason the show is worth watching is because of Fillion's capturing performance.
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    I enjoy this show when its plots are far-out; when the plots are more standard the show just blends together with other cop shows. But it knows how to spin the high concept stuff and I wish it would so so more often. Unfortunately, though, this show reminds me of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, insofar as Jeremy Brett gained a ton of weight (due to medication he was on) and he became extremely sick in the final seasons. Nathan Fillion is not ill to my knowledge, but his weight gain is hard to take. In the first few seasons he was a handsome guy (like Jeremy Brett who was nearly cast as James Bond years ago), but in recent seasons Nathan has become so bloated it's just sad. It's particularly striking when, after the current season ended, I went back and watched some earlier seasons. Oh boy what a change! Meanwhile the other cast members remain virtually unchanged. It's like Nathan is aging 3x faster than everyone else, but it's simply the effect of weight on a middle-aged face and body. Expand
  14. Jul 11, 2012
    love this show can't wait for this season to see what happens between castle a becket this show leaves me every week wanting more from the crime solving duo
  15. Nov 4, 2012
    very interesting cases, a little cheesy at times but pretty addictive. I really love this show, the acting is pretty good, the concepts are enlightening and fresh but there are moments in the script where things seems a little mundane or drawn out especially in the fourth season. Overall though I relatively like the show and for some reason I cannot seem to stop watching.
  16. Dec 9, 2012
    Love the show. Nathan Fillion is one of my fav actors. The girl playing his daughter is really cute. I appreciate a show with wisecracking characters.
  17. Feb 26, 2013
    This program is very easy viewing with well written character interaction that grows as the program develops. The plot lines are innovative at times with a well paced and packed script. This program transfers very easily over the pond to Europe and has a unique global appeal.
  18. Jun 30, 2013
    I find Castle arrogant and unbelievable in his character. I also find the whole premise of him being able to follow police around to the point of questioning suspects and being allowed to go into situations he ends up in equally unbelievable. The personal stories are irritating time for a bathroom break when they start whining about not making their feelings known to each other, or the heaviness of decisions over everyday problems. The stories can be interesting, but the characters aren't. Expand
  19. Aug 15, 2013
    Smart, new, and mysterious, "Castle" is a wonderfully written with emotional depth and is plotted out intelligently. With Nathan Fillion as the Richard Castle, you know that your in safe hands with this show.
  20. Oct 10, 2013
    Castle is a refreshing, fun, humorous detective drama starring Firefly's Nathan Filllion as a world famous mystery novelist who teams up with the FBI, at first for insight into his book, and then because he just loves doing it. Castle is hysterical. He has witty remarks for just about everything and often feels like a kid in a candy store. He's extremely relatable. He loves Science Fiction, explosions and guy stuff and never takes anything to seriously. On the other hand, his insight into writing makes him an extremely valuable asset to the team, as it is almost always his discoveries that solve the case. Castle is an intelligent, sexy, witty show that is a must see for any fans of Television. If you like House or Boston Legal, you'll love Castle. Expand
  21. Dec 2, 2013
    Awesome series i love to watch it, the story and the story, characters and the overall picture also is quite realistic if you compare it with some of the other police-series and they don't have all the high tec stuff policemen have in other series but just some awesome police-work.
  22. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't explain how great this show is, but In these words when Beckett said "Well then Richard Alexander Rodgers Castle, yes, yes I will marry you!" Is was pretty scared when Beckett went undercover and Vulcan Simmons was trying to kill her. Expand
  23. Jun 22, 2014
    Excellent show. Extremely well written, with a captivating plot filled with unexpected twists and turns. The characters are very likable - thanks to the perfect casting. Nathan Fillon does an amazing job portaying Richard Castle, and the chemistry between him and Stana Katic (Beckett) is simply wonderful. Overall, the show is humorous, thrilling and downright excellent.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    It's going for a screwball comedy/mystery mash-up, but Castle is just an implausible muddle.
  2. The pilot and second installment are fun but utterly implausible, and the chemistry between the leads is passable but mostly forced.
  3. There's nothing in ABC's Castle viewers haven't seen a million times before, but the cast elevates the pedestrian material.