Category 7: The End of the World : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 6, 2005
3.7

1. AlexandraD
    Nov 7, 2005
    I really enjoyed it, quite action packed. Don't know why others are complaing about it.
  2. Pat
    Nov 7, 2005
    how could you make fun of this genre, or call it a bad movie. it's like watching a b-rated kung-fu flick-- you know it's going to be rediculous, but it's entertaining as hell. what a coincidence that it was produced before katrina and aired the same night as one of the most disasterous tornadoes to hit the states in the last decade.
  3. sylviaj
    Jun 12, 2006
    great movie; where can i get it???
  4. CaryH
    Dec 30, 2005
    Little far fetch, but it makes you wonder - ?Could it Happen - sure, why not?
  5. EvetteW
    Nov 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the show. If you are a peron that loves science fiction, or even how some things happen in the world especially the weather then this is the miniseries for you to watch. I couldn't keep my eyes out of the TV set and I'm not a TV watcher most of the time.
  6. johndoe
    Nov 14, 2005
    I thought it was entertaining! That's the bottom line! There wre alos a few sub plots of interest and the special effects for regular TV were amazing in my book. As far as realism, I'm not privy to georgraphic or scientific studies so I can't comment on realism. It was just as good as the day after tomorrow.
  7. BrandiH
    Nov 6, 2005
    It's a movie!! All the end of the world movies are about the special effects.
  8. Anya
    Nov 6, 2005
    So bad it's good. L'Arc de Triomphe getting blown away? Slo-mo? Tanned televangelists? Poison frogs? Tommy Tornado? Gershon as head of FEMA? Shannon Doherty as some kind of PhD candidate slumming as a bartender??? Come on, people! It doesn't get any badder than this...
  9. eds
    Nov 7, 2005
    The hokey science, overboard characters, bad bad storms. Cliff hangers before every commercial. Really great fun. A relly serious movie, get real. Just lots of fun to watch.
  10. MickiM
    Nov 14, 2005
    Many people dont like to hear or watch on this because the people are scared or dont want believe this happen what world will happen Cuz they dont want in truth but that fact sound like Bible in Revelation almost exaclty what look like what will happen in picture but not exaclty picture what will happen on earth will became ugly mess up everything someday! Trust in Lord warn all of the Many people dont like to hear or watch on this because the people are scared or dont want believe this happen what world will happen Cuz they dont want in truth but that fact sound like Bible in Revelation almost exaclty what look like what will happen in picture but not exaclty picture what will happen on earth will became ugly mess up everything someday! Trust in Lord warn all of the people or you miss it! Not me because Bible says so! Collapse
  11. MarthaJ
    Nov 3, 2005
    Yeah, it's silly. But it's clear they're all just having fun. And I did too when I saw it! It's a blast. With a hint of a message...
  12. xMiner
    Nov 6, 2005
    It was good, just a bit cheesy.
  13. DavidA
    Nov 7, 2005
    People are complaining about the religion?? Brolin's character wants people freed from fear, and the lady wants them afraid so they can come to God. That's, shock!, a conflict. The whole thing is goofy anyway, not a documentary! I love that someone in these reviews said Global Warming has been debunked. Debunked by who? Anway -- I laughed, too. Best disaster movie on TV in a People are complaining about the religion?? Brolin's character wants people freed from fear, and the lady wants them afraid so they can come to God. That's, shock!, a conflict. The whole thing is goofy anyway, not a documentary! I love that someone in these reviews said Global Warming has been debunked. Debunked by who? Anway -- I laughed, too. Best disaster movie on TV in a long time. Rock on. Expand
  14. TishaC
    Nov 7, 2005
    I just had a chance to see Category 6 on saturday, and then I watched the 1st half of Category 7. Though I think this movie may offend a lot of people and in the end be deemed very controversial, it does point out a lot of facts from the bible. Like for instance, the Anti-Christ, the Plagues, the slaying of the 1st born, Yes I would agree that it is very animated, but at the same time, I just had a chance to see Category 6 on saturday, and then I watched the 1st half of Category 7. Though I think this movie may offend a lot of people and in the end be deemed very controversial, it does point out a lot of facts from the bible. Like for instance, the Anti-Christ, the Plagues, the slaying of the 1st born, Yes I would agree that it is very animated, but at the same time, this movie could open alot of people's eyes to things that are actually going on today. Look at the # of disastrous hurricanes we've had this year. Take the time to realize how the weather does not match the season. All signs of the time. I am a christian and I do believe that we are living in the last days. So if this movie does nothing else, maybe it will bring some people to christ. I personally like the special effects and the script in the movie and I look foward to next sunday to see the remainder of the film Expand
  15. BillD
    Nov 8, 2005
    I liked it! I guess by others comments it must not take much to please me.
  16. KarenT
    Nov 11, 2005
    I thought it was pretty good. Look forward to seeing the the next part.
  17. maryg
    Nov 11, 2005
    I thought that this show was as close to the real thing as we can et without reaching it. It should show everyone that we need to stop pulluting the earth and start taking better care of it.
  18. ShirleyV
    Nov 12, 2005
    Great fun reading everyone's opinion. I rated this mini series high because i was an extra in it and really enjoyed running in terrior. We all knew that it would be as absurd and funny as was Category 6. It was great to see James Brolin up close and to take part in the special effects. Enjoy laughing at part two but don't look for any meaning to it all.
  19. ShellyD
    Nov 14, 2005
    I really enjoyed this show, it actually showed some depth. It showed different people, there reactions and actions in light of a disaster and it wasn't all about the storm. Great special effects!
  20. BrandonJ
    Nov 6, 2005
    I think that this show is like the day after tommorrow
  21. KarolynH
    Nov 6, 2005
    Personally, I think the acting is pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing the next part in the miniseries next Sunday. I love disaster movies, and this one does not disapoing.
  22. HectorD
    Nov 7, 2005
    I like the show and I hope the second part is better.
  23. JoelA
    Nov 7, 2005
    I thought it was very intriging and interesting to those that appreciate a good natural disaster film. Sure, the acting was a little crummy, but the special effects were some of the best I've ever seen. Overall, I thought it was a great opening to the two part special.
  24. S.M.Timbers
    Nov 7, 2005
    I really enjoyed the first part of the show. Great line of cast and a good family show ... I gave it a ten. I won't let my kids watch the simpsons but I have no problem with letting them sit and watch this.
  25. KenW
    Nov 9, 2005
    I gave Category 7 a rating of 7. It was at least as good as other disaster movies and the special effects seemed as good as The Day After Tomorrow movie. I liked it but then I will probably watch most disaster movies on TV.
  26. FarnazS
    Nov 11, 2005
    This mini series is great and Shannen did a great job in it and the only reason that I'm watching this mini series is because of Shannen ;)
  27. sethk
    Nov 13, 2005
    Great Movie!!!!!!!!!!

Overwhelming dislike - based on 11 Critics

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Accidentally ridiculous. [4 Nov 2005, p.69]
  2. As bad as the original was, the sequel is even worse.
    It has moments of being so-bad-it's-good, which is to say it's at its best when it's a near-satire of the genre. But it drowns in redundant action scenes and sentimentality.