Chaos;HEAd : Season 1

• Network: Chiba TV
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2008
7.3

1. Mar 24, 2014
    If ever there was a series that exemplified a mind f*ck, this is it. For the first half of the show it is really hard to try and figure out what is going on, but after the first few episodes you get that is the point. The viewer is meant to be as perplexed as the main protagonist. My advice is just go with it and accept things as they come and know that all will be explain in due time.If ever there was a series that exemplified a mind f*ck, this is it. For the first half of the show it is really hard to try and figure out what is going on, but after the first few episodes you get that is the point. The viewer is meant to be as perplexed as the main protagonist. My advice is just go with it and accept things as they come and know that all will be explain in due time.

Animation is generally very good and all the characters are very well designed. A bit of a shame the show wasn't longer as I feel that most of the side character could have used a bit more development. The plot and the writing are really of high calibre yet also feels a little rushed. The story on the whole feels a little condensed at points and has a rather rushed ending (but a good one none the less.)

Overall:
    Chäos Head is a decent enough anime series with a very clever premise and toys with some really good ideas, a shame that it feels a little rushed and ultimately a bit underwhelming based on what it could have been if it had been flushed out a bit more. Still it's a great anime and worth the watch.
  2. Jul 14, 2015
    Pretty good anime that could use a bit of fixing on the character development side. While the story is pretty interesting, the characters could use a fix. The length was also a bit short, which could explain why we didn't even really get to know our main character's younger sister that well. 7/10

There are no critic reviews yet.