• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2011
  • Season #: 1
2.9

1. Sep 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The trailer gave me high hopes but in the end, only disappointment lasted. Acting isn't best in the business to say the least but the biggest fail is when Bosley "tracks" a hotel room with a "satellite camera" and a camera view filmed TOWARDS THE WINDOW appears on his tablet. Not to mention cheesy lines like "I never knew my hard could hurt this much". Overall, if you want a retro show done good, switch to Hawaii-Five-O. Expand
  2. Sep 22, 2011
    Wow. This was one of the worst TV shows I've seen in a long time. Painful, overacted dialogue, ridiculous plot, uninteresting characters... I don't think they could have made this show more terrible if they tried. Honestly, it was all I could do to force myself to watch the whole thing. It was truly painful to watch.
  3. Sep 24, 2011
    I gave it an hour and I was done. I thought to myself, "Can I watch 15 - 20 hours of this over the course of a fall season?" The answer was - hell no. There's a lot of good TV on these days - too much to spend time on this stuff. Even though the leading ladies are beautiful - it's not enough to offset the blank stares, tired writing, and general blah.
  4. Sep 23, 2011
    Thirty-five years after their first appearance, the Angels are back again, except re-modernized, recast, and rebooted. It's certain that the 2011 update of CHARLIE'S ANGELS had potential to be a decent thriller. The season premiere ("Angel with a Broken Wing") opened by playing an excerpt of the dance-pop song "S&M" by Rihanna, and I was hoping that little intro would be (somehow) misleading. There are some thrills in this show, but overall, they are taken over by the techno mood (and music); the Angels' sense of fashion; and enough iPad 2s, hi-tech automatic weapons, and dazzling fashion to make it look like it was updated into the future, make it unrealistic, and cause the whole show to come across as mediocre. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2011
    This is really bad. I hope this gets cancelled before all its episodes run. Garbage acting and even sillier tech (satelites zomming in rooms laterally!). Its silly plot lines are bound to get sillier. With a pilot thats impossible to stomach, this is truly the tv's e-coli.
  6. Sep 28, 2011
    I wanted to turn it off the moment it started. Painfully bad acting, lame story, horrible editing, one-dimensional characters.... I could go on but just talking about it bums me out. My guess is that the new angels won't be around for very long.
  7. sab
    Sep 24, 2011
    Drew, Drew, Drew, what have you done? I loved the Charlie's Angels movies and the original show and was excited to see this new spin...until I actually saw it. The casting is horrible! The acting is worthy of a straight to video B movie at best. This show had so much potential. The only thing that could save it, is ending it. And whoever watched the pilot and thought it was good....You're Fired!
  8. Sep 23, 2011
    It could have been better, but it was a good pilot. It was staded on inumerous interviews that this was THEIR version of the classic! Why do critics look for a reason do bash it by comparing it to the original?
  9. Sep 25, 2011
    The show isn't completely hopeless, there's still some room for improvement. With some polishing of the scripts and improvement in the acting, the show could be a real success.
  10. Sep 25, 2011
    The only reason I watched the original was because it was so bad it was good. I don't think this remake can rise to even that level. A balance like that does not come around too often where you can sit with your friends and laugh at all the "action" and "dialogue".

In every scene and promotional picture I thought I never saw so much ill fitting clothing with poor cut and color
    selections since Fashion Bug in the 80's. I mean, that is a huge part of the Angel's, what they are wearing.

Take a cue from Burn Notice, on that show clothing, hair, shoes are executed perfectly. I stopped watching Burn Notice after season 2 as I pretty much get it but it still has a strong audience, for cable. This show is most likely to end after 2 seasons if that.
  11. Sep 28, 2011
    I remember sitting in front of my TV when I was in my early teens and watching the original. Sure the scripts were not always that great but it made up for it with the Beautiful chemistry the Woman had.
    Flash forward 35 years and you have evil Producers and writers who want to recapture that magic and they are way off. The script was horrible and the acting was quite cheesy. Putting three
    Woman together isn't going to carry a show, you need something more and you don't have it here.
    Drew should have her hand slapped and so should the Smallville guys who created or should I say rebooted this show.
  12. Sep 27, 2011
    wouldnt say it was really a 10 but the show was pretty good....some ass kickin, cheesy lines, sexy women....its not mad men, its charlies angels, i liked it.
  13. Oct 15, 2011
    A long time ago, when there was no internet, young males found it much harder to come upon visual material of attractive females. Those were the times when series like Baywatch became hugely successful. These times are gone and today it is simply not enough to put able bodied females onto the screen. Unfortunately, lacking good stories or excellent acting, Charlie's Angels does nothing else, which unfortunately leaves it without any redeeming qualities. Some series better stay dead. Expand
  14. Sep 28, 2011
    ABC has to be ashamed of themselves. First, they canceled a forever soap opera that Susan Lucci paved the way for nearly 4 decades and now it's heading online. I agree with Susan and what a dumb mistake it has to cancel "All My Children." It's one of my favorite soap operas of all time. I think soap operas will be dead if someone has to give back the people wanted to see more. And now this, a reboot of the 70's original classic "Charlie's Angels?" This is totally uncall for. I love the series knowed and loved starring the late angel Farrah Fawcett, Cheryl Ladd, and Jaclyn smith. I still love the Charlie's Angels movies starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu. But nobody wants to see a reboot of the original series. Maybe Charlie Angels 3 could be a great start to reunite the cast and adding new plots and twists. The reboot has poor casting and the series just wasn't enough action. I thought we were looking for like some blondes and brunettes (and Asian as well), but not African-American afros. ABC should cancel it and suffers the same fate of putting new series to cancel steadily.
    Charlie's Angels is a hot mess and one of the worst reboots not only in 2011, but the worst shows of all time.
  15. Sep 23, 2011
    It wasn't a good pilot but it definitely wasn't the worst . as i said earlier that Minka Kelly is the hottest Angels of all and she really proved it . Rachael did good then i expected .But Annie was off . But i think Ramon was so bad ! I thought "New" Bosley will be good but the old ones was funny , charming and its impossible for Ramon to pass them .But the worst thing of the pilot was the low minded story . The writer have to think really hard to make good stories . i don't want it to be canceled .....i really don't ! Expand
  16. Oct 6, 2011
    I only watched episode and WOW it was TERRIBLE. Sure it has the typical things you'd come to expect from Charlie's Angels: the hot girls, the lavish locations, but the acting is just awful. The only one who was remotely good was Rachael Taylor, but even the script let her down. There was no real aggression to any of the girls and it was really confusing. Seriously, what does blackmailing and killing supermodels have to do with the Russian First Lady? At the end of the day, this is badly scripted and acted tripe. Expand
  17. Sep 25, 2011
    While this is no way near quality television (at some points its actually laughably bad) it isn't the worst show this season (that honour goes to Unforgettable) and does have some redeeming features. Its just a shame that there is so many things wrong with this show that those qualities cannot show.
    The main problem is Minka Kelly's Eve who is not only an intolerable bore on screen but no
    effort is put into the role by Kelly to even make it passable. Its like this was just one big pay check for her and that's it. The rest of the cast put in some effort with Rachel Taylor having fun with the role she was given and Victor Garber providing the calm docile tones of the never seen Charlie. This show could be fun if it weren't for the unfortunate casting of Kelly and its need to take itself seriously. It's as if it doesn't remember its remaking a show that thrived off of camp. Expand
  18. Sep 27, 2011
    Boy was that bad, its the type of show that has you rolling on the ground in laughter for all the wrong reasons. Terrible acting, predictable story, laughable excuse for a dialogue and not one character you could ever root for. One of the seasons worst shows.
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    I keep thinking if ABC was crazy when accepted this show, it obviously would be a failure. Look the acting! Everything sounds so fake. They must think we are stupid to watch this. (At least i could watch the whole pilot. I'm a winner!)
  20. Nov 17, 2011
    Perhaps it would be interesting to have the users/critics age, sex, occupation, etc be displayed beneath their comments as I am sure it would clear up a few iristinized standards, but are these not the entitled target audience anyway. Nevertheless, I will say that the show needed a bit of nudity to compensate for the drelauntious style.

In regards to the future of disnation, one would be
    wise to remember the amount of people it takes to actually get a show pulled in the first place. Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2012
    This show did not live up to my expectations as I expected. The acting was horrible, especially Rachael Taylor's, which I must say had the worst character on the show. And making Bosley a good looking bachelor was not a good idea. And Minka Kelly & Annie "whoever she is" were just there on the sidelines to me. All in all, this show was the worst show I've seen in years.
  22. lil
    Nov 21, 2012
    Brilliant show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't get enough of this show (y) and okay i wasn't around to watch charlies angels in the late 70 's early 80 's but i have been watching it on watch series and i can see where people are coming from where it's need work but still i think it's brilliant we are seeing more into the angels past also i think it's amazing to bring a such an icon show back to inspire people :) i have been inspired by this show now and when it was on when i have watched on watch series :) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 7, 2011
    Done without any of the smart silliness that made Drew Barrymore's 2000 movie reboot so much fun, the show is just vixen nostalgia. [17 Oct 2011, p.42]
  2. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Sep 22, 2011
    Charlie's Angels is as absurd as the original 1976-81 series that launched the careers of Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson and Farrah Fawcett (and her hair).
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Sep 22, 2011
    It's a much bigger mess than '70s critics ever accused the original of being.