• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Oct 12, 2010
    Solid show. Solid action. Pretty good characters. Hopefully, there's more work drama elements in there to mix things up from the weekly job of chasing fugitives.
  2. Oct 5, 2010
    I really enjoy this show. I think Giddish and Hauser play so well off each other. I hope this is a show that will be on the air for a long time. The chase scenes are very exciting and it's great to see a female in the butt kicking role for a change.
  3. Oct 11, 2010
    A surprisingly good detective show. Every now and then they have some very cheesy dialogue that makes it feel like it was wrote by 8 year olds. For example "Didn't your mom tell you to not play with guns?" SERIOUSLY! But that is about the only bad thing about the show. Some quite good action scene s that kept me watching,
  4. Oct 25, 2010
    Love love this show. I really hope there are more seasons to come. Plenty of action and keeps me wanting more.... with a excellent cast.. not predictable. Kelli does well as Annie Frost. It's a all new kind of woman in charge role.
  5. Sep 24, 2010
    I'm not a huge fan of action shows that don't have sufficient "mythology" or story to connect the episodes, but this one is pretty darned entertaining. There's something about the lead actress that makes you want to keep watching - something close to the Anna Torv effect on Fringe. Cole Hauser is always fun to watch, too. I'll watch at least one more episode.
  6. Sep 21, 2010
    I barely managed to get through the first 10 minutes before changing the channel. This has got to be the first show canceled this year. This show makes the canceled "Trauma" look like Masterpiece Theater. I would love to know what goes through the minds of TV executives.
  7. Sep 21, 2010
    Overall dull, boring and very very predictable. I consider this just another show that will be cancelled in short order. It is not terrible just has zero to set it apart from so many other shows that try to take a pretty women and make that work for them. It didn't and won't work for long.
  8. Sep 21, 2010
    Not much to go on here. I understand that pilot shows never are successful, because it takes time to develop a good story. Not sure what the story here is right now. Running and jumping after criminals or developing a story around another blond and blue eye character with a past history. Not sure there was any drama at all. Though I did find myself hating the character of the perpetrator.
  9. Sep 22, 2010
    Not bad, not great. Very generic. Bad guy does bad... cop chases bad guy... bad guy does something predictable... cop finds bad guy... cop fights bad guy... bad guy loses... campy scene... cut to credits...
  10. Sep 27, 2010
    I didn't find it all that bad. It could've been better, a little too predictable. Overall, not a bad show. Nice cast. Might be a show that I'll follow.
  11. Oct 19, 2010
    Not expecting much except some low brow action of Marshals chasing bad guy, bad guy out foxes them then Marshals outfox/out -firepower bad guy. Which is what this program delivers, poorly. The action is by the numbers shooting/explosions/chase that doesn't differ itself from any other show.

The characters are by far the worst thing about the show, the sassy yet strong lead female who takes risks to compete in a mans world, she also has a past, comes across as an over emotional teenager. There are the usual second in command also best friend with secret crush. One of the team is scared by another secret past that they cannot speak off, but however seems very happy with life, until brooding close ups are called for. The last character is a 'newbie' who is fresh faced and needs to be constantly told the wisdoms of experience gained by the other team, which is spoilt by these pearls of wisdom having no relevance to the job.

Written by 10 year olds performed by their older siblings
  12. Oct 19, 2010
    The worst thing about Chase is that it's so much worse than it should be. The actors are good - in fact the actress playing Annie Frost is excellent. The setting and the sets are interesting and have the potential to show new facets of the Texas landscape. But the plotting. And the scriptwriting. O. M. G. Cringemakingly awful. I can summarize every episode as follows: 1. There is aThe worst thing about Chase is that it's so much worse than it should be. The actors are good - in fact the actress playing Annie Frost is excellent. The setting and the sets are interesting and have the potential to show new facets of the Texas landscape. But the plotting. And the scriptwriting. O. M. G. Cringemakingly awful. I can summarize every episode as follows: 1. There is a bad serial killer who commits coldblooded murder while we watch. 2. Four or five Marshals are at their HQ and hear about the murder. They go gallivanting off after the bad guy. 3. The bad guy coldbloodedly murders several more people as we watch. 4. The Marshals ineptly manage to not stop the bad guy from murdering a bunch of people.
    5. Despite their ineptitude, the Marshals apparently have limitless government funding - they have private jets and helicopters to whisk them at light speed from Texas to Las Vegas or Boston at the drop of a hat. .
    6. One of the Marshals, usually Annie, has a ridiculously unlikely psychological insight into the bad guy after each dead body. These stupid ideas give the Marshals Important Clues so they know where the bad guy will go next. Unfortunately, the Marshals will never get there in time to prevent another coldblooded murder. 7. There will be a macabre cellphone fail. 8. When the hour is almost up there will be a final chase and the Marshals - or, really, Annie- will catch the bad guy. The question in the mind of the audience is why on earth the Marshals will not be fired or demoted for their ineptitude. I mean why can't 5 trained, fit law enforcement officers bristling with weapons, & spending money like water prevent a bad guy on the lam from murdering half a dozen people in a day? The sad thing is that with some decent plotting and imaginative writing Chase has the potential to be interesting. But the insultingly predictable plots and jawdroppingly inane dialog will kill this show dead in a very short time.
  13. Oct 26, 2010
    Predictable, contrived, poorly acted, boring. Another cop show with a female lead with a chip on her shoulder and a "mysterious" past / criminal father. Um yeah, CSI already has that character (Katherine Willows). Plus it's so laughable how this lead character keeps having these narrow escapes like charging a guy with a machine gun, jumping from a semi just as it falls from a bridge, andPredictable, contrived, poorly acted, boring. Another cop show with a female lead with a chip on her shoulder and a "mysterious" past / criminal father. Um yeah, CSI already has that character (Katherine Willows). Plus it's so laughable how this lead character keeps having these narrow escapes like charging a guy with a machine gun, jumping from a semi just as it falls from a bridge, and running toward a bomber just as the bomb goes off. Really, really. I would have found that cool and believable when I was 8. That kind of stuff worked on the Dukes of Hazzard and the A Team because they were aimed at kids. But on a cop show meant for grown-ups, it's just cheesy. And the ridiculous "pearls of wisdom" that the rest of the team imparts on the stereotypical newbie character: "Don't let the bad guys get away." or "You have to be tough to be on our team." Wow, where do the writers come up with such profound knowledge. And speaking of knowledge, they writers also need to gather a little more information about Texas. First off, the accents are really, really poorly portrayed. Secondly, Texas is big. In this show they often have characters jump from one town in south Texas to another in west Texas in a matter of minutes, in a car no less. Writers, get a special piece of paper called a map, and find some places that are realistically close enough to be included in your story line. Here's a hint: Abilene and Centerville are not 15 minutes apart. Not even by jet plane.

Both the male and female leads are poorly acted. But to be fair, they aren't given much to work with. Overall, this show is bad and needs to go away.
  14. Nov 7, 2010
    Chase is exactly that...a chase. Each episode consists of some unoriginal, boring protagonists chasing an unoriginal, boring antagonist. Despite a few intense moments of action, Chase is overall just another cliche, predictable crime show.
  15. Dec 13, 2010
    This show has been on my schedule since day one. A big relief from over rated California and their LA sets(What a circus!). NY cop shows fine and dandy but this series has more than playing within one city. Reminds me of the the US Marshal series that took place in Miami with Carla Gugino. A series portraying a law enforcement agency which gets very little exposure or recognition. TheThis show has been on my schedule since day one. A big relief from over rated California and their LA sets(What a circus!). NY cop shows fine and dandy but this series has more than playing within one city. Reminds me of the the US Marshal series that took place in Miami with Carla Gugino. A series portraying a law enforcement agency which gets very little exposure or recognition. The cast is great and I find it entertaining. All the other shows are as predictable that we don't bother to watch the longer running series. Something fresh and new; US Marshals, Texas landscape, Female as main character and the supporting cast all fit in like the color wheel. Expand
  16. May 3, 2011
    Finally a show that is intense and clean. I hope this show stays on for a long time. It's one that I really enjoy watching. Good ol' Texas drawl and some kick butt action. Anne Frost is one of my favorite characters. I think a little more background on the characters would be nice to pull the audience in and get them attached to the characters but I enjoy a show that you can watch withoutFinally a show that is intense and clean. I hope this show stays on for a long time. It's one that I really enjoy watching. Good ol' Texas drawl and some kick butt action. Anne Frost is one of my favorite characters. I think a little more background on the characters would be nice to pull the audience in and get them attached to the characters but I enjoy a show that you can watch without having had to watch the season prior to understand. Each episode can really stand on its own. Expand

1. Chase reminds me of "Trauma," NBC's attempt at a Monday drama last year, although the shows couldn't be more dissimilar (the latter was about first responders). They both seem to be placeholders in the prime-time schedule until the network can scrounge up something better.
    If you're looking for a quick refresher course in what the U.S. Marshals do for a living, or just need to know how many fugitives they caught last year (more than 90,000), Chase could be the show for you. But if you're looking for actual TV entertainment? Heavens, no.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    The characters couldn't be more bland, and atmospheric Texas settings are ill-used.