Chozen : Season 1

• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 13, 2014
6.9

1. Feb 11, 2014
    Found the storyline, plot development and quirkiness more compelling than the jokes themselves. The use of light-hearted rhetoric and unadulterated same-sex relationships strikes a stake into the hearts of older generations who expect culture to be served on a platter. I'm impressed by the shows accurate display of the many insecurities young people now face the second they cut theFound the storyline, plot development and quirkiness more compelling than the jokes themselves. The use of light-hearted rhetoric and unadulterated same-sex relationships strikes a stake into the hearts of older generations who expect culture to be served on a platter. I'm impressed by the shows accurate display of the many insecurities young people now face the second they cut the umbilical cord. My main criticism is the lack of depth in humour which will likely be the shows downfall. Expand
  2. Mar 13, 2014
    There are very few laughs in this show and the characters are not likable at all. I really wanted this show to be a hit but I'm not laughing. I just can not watch the show anymore as it is just boring.
  3. Jan 28, 2014
    this show is not for people who get offended at violence, language and all things sexual. but i like the show, its about a gay guy who is set up by a once team member who is now gunning for his old friends spot in the charts......is he gay yes, is it offensive o hell ya but i think thats the stereotype they are trying to play and the main character isnt all bad in his own weird way hethis show is not for people who get offended at violence, language and all things sexual. but i like the show, its about a gay guy who is set up by a once team member who is now gunning for his old friends spot in the charts......is he gay yes, is it offensive o hell ya but i think thats the stereotype they are trying to play and the main character isnt all bad in his own weird way he cares for his sister (though its not obvious) and the fact hes gay kinda makes it better in my opinion. and the music is good cant beat that if anything else Expand
  4. Jan 20, 2014
    I actually kind of liked chosen. I think that it could do without some of the constant gay jokes and have that not be a factor in the character Chozen, but other than that, I actually kind of enjoy Chozen.
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    Show hits its target demographic perfectly, but it's easy to see how polarizing this show will be. It definitely has a love it or hate it kind of vibe to it. In my opinion, if you like rap, enjoyed Eastbound and Down, or just enjoy crass and abrasive comedy this show is for you. South Park and Drawn Together would be good comparisons to this.
  6. Jan 30, 2014
    I'm really liking it so far. The combination between the sense of humor of both "Eastbound & Down" and "Archer" makes for one incredibly funny and wildly inappropriate animated comedy show. It's obviously not for the easily offended, but if you are a fan of either of the before mentioned shows then I recommend you give "Chozen" a shot.

The characters are outrageous, the voice acting is

The characters are outrageous, the voice acting is top-notch, and the animation is superb. Of course none of that would matter if the show wasn't funny, and I have to say that this show has brought me many laughs. There are times where the show takes it's vulgarity too far, but for the most part the show manages to keep a good flow throughout.

Overall I am really enjoying the show so far. If my opinion of the show changes as it progresses I'll update my review/score at a later time. As of right now though I recommend that you give this show a chance. If you've got the right sense of humor then you'll find plenty to love here.
  7. Feb 25, 2014
    The Unsupervised that Chozen replaced at least made some attempts on satire and making a clear message about today society. Chozen feels so detached from reality, its really hard to feel any connection to the main characters. The prison life is portrayed like a paradise for gay men, apparently you can rent rappers for children birthday and the college students do everything but study, andThe Unsupervised that Chozen replaced at least made some attempts on satire and making a clear message about today society. Chozen feels so detached from reality, its really hard to feel any connection to the main characters. The prison life is portrayed like a paradise for gay men, apparently you can rent rappers for children birthday and the college students do everything but study, and drug dealers are just everywhere.

At the very least, the voice acting and animation is impressive, but the rap songs don't get to me - they are mundane and generic.
  8. Feb 2, 2014
    Chozen is a fun filled comedy about a gay rapper trying to make it big after wrongly set up by his jealous friend it's hilarious and reminds me a little of booondocks (boondocks is funnier) it's a great comedy with alot of potential don't judge by the first episode alone ,it defiantly would be a hit if people give it a far chance.
  9. Feb 6, 2014
    This show is so unlike anything else I watch, and I think that's why I find it so entertaining. Even though I don't listen to rap music, I still enjoy the music they play. Provocative in the best ways. I love to hate him when he's a dick (much like Archer) but I love to see him succeed more than most characters I invest my time in.
  10. Feb 12, 2014
    This show is freaking hilarious! Maybe too much caddish but, hey, just watch south park or family guy! The only difference here is gay theme. Btw, every episode is so damn funny hahaha! Personally i LOVE it, and i'm straight so... i'm 100% honest!
  11. Feb 25, 2014
    This show is amazing! I feel like it might not appeal to people outside of the target audience, but I also think it's good that there is a cartoon who's target audience isn't straight males. The jokes are funny, and the songs are mostly actually really good.
  12. Mar 3, 2014
    This show is **** the **** I am fully italian and I no he but this show was perfect the concept just works and the real question is season 2 is a must but will it happen so to chosen and all the people the made and make it all work I give it a 9 out of 10 so I wanna see a season 2 by sept of 2014 would be perfect...also need to start making gear for all kinds hats , tees ,comic, mabey aThis show is **** the **** I am fully italian and I no he but this show was perfect the concept just works and the real question is season 2 is a must but will it happen so to chosen and all the people the made and make it all work I give it a 9 out of 10 so I wanna see a season 2 by sept of 2014 would be perfect...also need to start making gear for all kinds hats , tees ,comic, mabey a movie different for the season but same ideas well there my review and I was told for some friends and family to let u no that they a feel the same way later Expand
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    it'd be funnier if the writers wrote a show about something they knew about, like for instance a show about bad writers. This show gives a crude interpretation of stereotypes and has no scientific merit.
  14. Mar 25, 2014
    Great show, a lot of laughs included. It mocks itself with stereotypes and it does it well. Animations are great and so is the voice acting. Characters are nuts and just plain stupid, but it works!
  15. Apr 11, 2014
    I thought the first couple of episodes were a bit weak then realised, like in Archer, you're not ~supposed~ to want to respect or want to hang with the main character. He's an unlikeable **** a broken character, but I found myself warming to him over time. Last episode was really something though, worth waiting for - hope it's green lit for a second season.
  16. Apr 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first few episodes only hit a few really funny lines and the story did not progress much, with each episode giving the main group of characters a new situation to overcome. By the final three episodes of this season it became hilarious, and the story became increasingly interesting... This show may take time to get people to lighten up and realize it is a pretty good show.

This is a show that has little integrity, when it comes to dealing with taboo issues such as homosexuality, drugs, inner-city violence, man on man rape, sibling relationships that are a bit too close, and other issues. While touching on all of these sensitive issues, this show embodies some rather intellectual forms of self discovery and confidence building through the main character Chozen... Spoiler Alert don't read further if you haven't watched the season finale...

In the final episode Chozen faces an internal demon that his deep in his psyche. So he decides to take a spiritual journey through the use of mescalin. While on his trip, he confronts his younger self that is crying over peeing his pants at a youth spelling bee that he just lost to a younger phantasm. In this moment of self-discovery, he realizes that if you never try the haters will always win, that one must do you.... Put more intellectually without trying one will always fail, and you must always be true to yourself.
  17. Apr 22, 2014
    complete garbage. I have to be inundated with cheesy one liners from the show in countless promo commercials. it's completely unfunny and un-original.
  18. Jul 25, 2014
    This show is definitely not for everyone but is a fresh take on the underdog trying to make it big story."Why can't we have 8 mile but with a fat gay guy?", we asked and chosen delivered. Violent and sexy and kinda messed up, but in a good way.would love another season at some point!
  19. May 11, 2016
    Is it actually a thing that you guys enjoy Chozen anyways? Nope, it isn't. Because someone is splendid enough to make Chozen exist, it ended up getting this score from me.

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jan 13, 2014
    Archer crosses just about any line you care to draw concerning sex, drugs and violent imagery. But where “Archer” sort of stylishly crosses it, Chozen clumsily trips and falls.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Jan 13, 2014
    Like Kenny Powers on that divisive HBO comedy, Chozen is an abrasive, egotistical, violent maniac at times. The writers hit some very funny lines every once in awhile but the show needs more time to click as a weekly series.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jan 13, 2014
    If you even suspect you won't hate it, it's worth a look.