• Network: TELETOON
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 2, 2002
9.0

1. Apr 1, 2015
    I have been a fan of Phil Lord and Christopher Millers’ work since I saw 21 Jump Street. I loved all of their movies especially 22 Jump Street and The LEGO Movie. Seeing their first aired project just shows what kind of sense of humor they have and I love it. The show’s sense of humor is cartoonish and I love how it carries over to the other works Lord and Miller has done.

The concept

The concept itself in which clones of past historic icons are now teenagers is such a clever idea that was executed well and seems what MTV would like to do during that time in 2002. It’s sad that not everyone is a big fan of this and that led to the cancellation of Clone High.

Most of the clone characters are very likable, especially Gandhi and JFK with their similar personalities in different circle groups with Gandhi being the outcast yet party guy and JFK the typical “horny all-American quarterback jock”. They’re just funny to watch and to see them in the same scene makes them even more funnier.

The love triangle between the clones Abraham “Abe” Lincoln, Joan of Arc and Cleopatra is nothing new or special but I liked how this helps the show to move forward and its nature of the show makes it more entertaining to watch.

Clone High is one of the few shows that I want to watch again from the very beginning all because it was hilarious. This is one underrated TV show.
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Clone High U.S.A has a odd, but clever concept of teenage clones replicating famous figures like Abe Lincoln and Joan of Arc in a high school run by a psychotic scientist principal and his butler robot. In results, this animated sitcom is highly hilarious with a unique cast of characters and jokes that will literally laugh your a** off. The show would have received a perfect 10, butClone High U.S.A has a odd, but clever concept of teenage clones replicating famous figures like Abe Lincoln and Joan of Arc in a high school run by a psychotic scientist principal and his butler robot. In results, this animated sitcom is highly hilarious with a unique cast of characters and jokes that will literally laugh your a** off. The show would have received a perfect 10, but unfortunately the last episode ended with an open ending that lead a lot of viewers peeved before the show got cancelled. If you are open-minded to give strange animated sitcoms a try, then Clone High U.S.A. is your type of DNA to test out. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dakota Loomis
    Jul 3, 2013
    What sets "Clone High" above other superficially similar shows is that it knows it is ripping off its television forebears — both animated and live action — and it knows that you know too. Every storyline has been done to death, so "Clone High" appropriates these well-worn, over-done topics with a wink and a nod and then proceeds to mercilessly shred them. The end result is subversive, not formulaic.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Sandell
    Mar 15, 2013
    Sounds funny, and it is. In a style reminiscent of "South Park" and "Beavis and Butt-head," but not nearly as crude, Clone High mixes pop culture and historical references with some crassness. The problem is that the first episode, which focuses on crushes and beer, doesn't quite live up to the obvious comedic potential behind the killer premise. [20 Jan 2003, p.C24]
  3. Reviewed by: Anita Gates
    Mar 15, 2013
    The characters are intriguing in a lightweight way but could lose their appeal fast. Remember when Austin Powers was a brilliant comedy creation, the thawed-out 90's secret agent who still operated by 60's social standards? The joke just wasn't good enough to hold up three (and probably more) films, although that hasn't hurt the films at the box office. The clones, like Austin, may turn out to be a one-joke invention.