7.5

1. Jan 2, 2014
    This show can try all it wants, but the truth is that there is almost no sign of comedy anywhere. The ideas behind the show are even worse. I never really liked IFC's shows, but this one goes below any standard.
  2. Apr 14, 2013
    Off-beat comedy is done right with this funny show hosted by the hilarious Scott Aukerman and the talented Reggie Watts. This show is both original and very random, and pulls it off well. If only the show was longer so we could enjoy the comedy of each episode more.
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    Being an avid listener to several earwolf podcasts (How Did this Get Made, Professor Blastoff, Who Charter, and occasionally Comedy Bang Bang) this show was not what I expected at all. I was expected something closer to The Ricky Gervais Show, almost like a best of shortened version of the podcast, expect live action not animated. The closest comparison I can come up with for Comedy Bang Bang, is that it is like a live action Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

That said, I find this show to be very entertaining and even hilarious at some points (Bob Odenkirk as the "child bird caller"). Yet, some episodes are not as good as others, and many segments fall flat. In my opinion most episodes live and die by how funny the second "fake" guest is.

If you a fan of more obscure or "alternative" comedy than you will likely get several laughs from this show, otherwise you should probably watch something else. 8/10.
  4. Jan 2, 2013
    This show is pretty bad, despite the fact that it tries so hard. To say it is original or different is to ignore countless better versions of the same material, whether it be on Adult Swim or around the web. Look no farther than "Between Two Ferns", created by the same guy, to find celebrity faux-interviews done much better. The host is not funny. The DJ is not funny. Combined they take annoying to anew level. Aside from the guest stars (whose talents are mostly wasted by bad material), there is nothing to recommend this show. If you want edgy comedy, try Check It Out with Dr. Steve Brule or even Portlandia. Collapse
  5. Aug 20, 2012
    I love this show. I knew from the podcast it would be special, but what makes it all the better is that it's different from all the other talk shows which, while still enjoyable are pretty much carbon copies of each other. Different in a good, better way. Please let there be more of this show.
  6. Jun 19, 2012
    This show is genius. This this first time in ages I've seen comedy I could call "creative" and "new". But importantly, I laughed throughout and at times laughed uncontrollably. I find myself sitting here anxiously awaiting another episode. I like it so much I'm going to seek out the podcasts of the same name. I don't expect many critics to get this show. Critics tend to cynically resist things that are fresh and new, because they are unconsciously trying to create a definition of what is art, and so something completely new and original therefore seemingly contradicts that definition. Expand
  7. Jun 16, 2012
    The only way this show could possibly be better is if it was 2 hours long and on every day. If you are a fan of things that are funny this is the show for you and your awesome friends.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 7, 2012
    Though it does not seem to be entirely scripted, it is (as opposed to the rambling podcast) highly organized and includes invented guests alongside those appearing as not necessarily reliable versions of themselves.
  2. Reviewed by: Keith Staskiewicz
    Jun 7, 2012
    It's an oddity, but the comfortable looseness makes up for the fact that it's really about nothing in particular.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 7, 2012
    While it would be unfair to say Comedy Bang! Bang! lacks moments of inventiveness, the whole exercise has the precious feel of a student project.