• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 12, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.1

1. Feb 14, 2012
    why did AMC agree to do this show!! it's so pointless and stupid. worst tv show. Even the Talking dead is 100 times better than it, and all they do is talk about the episode that just came on.
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    I'm a comic book fan, I'm a Kevin Smith fan, I REALLY wanted to like this show...but it's bad. It's basically uninteresting people doing uninteresting things.
  3. Feb 23, 2012
    Terrible show i like comic books and superheroes but this is basically a replica of Pawn Stars which i love but theres no hope for this show. for me but for Comic Book ppl theres hope for you guys
  4. Feb 19, 2012
    I truly wish there was a negative number to describe this absolute garbage heap of a show. Thankfully we can all take comfort in the fact that this will be cancelled. The idea that there is any sort of audience for this show is both appalling and saddening.
  5. Feb 28, 2012
    I love Kevin Smith, I love comics, and I love GOOD TV shows. Unfortunately this just isn't one.
    Kevin Smith's stuff has achieved popularity (particularly the podcast) imo because of an easy-going natural vibe, where things seem to flow freely. It's relaxing and casual, and loads of fun. This takes that idea, and tries to put ten layers of polish, scripting and spin on it. I just can't
    handle the juxtaposition... If I want to watch 'fake reality TV', there's others out there (with identical editing) that, I hate to say it, have way more interesting stuff happening. And without 'podcast' segments awkwardly shoehorned in.
    I suppose if you can bring yourself to believe that the customers and going-ons are unscripted/ non-acted (as most positive reviews here seem to think), it could be a little more entertaining, but that bubble burst about 20 seconds in for me. I wish I could like this more, sorry Kevin :(

1. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Feb 10, 2012
    Given the characters who also turn up looking to sell comics and memorabilia, Smith's original idea--"Pawn Stars" with comics--might have been enough to win him a slot just about anywhere on cable. The podcast just makes it funnier.
  2. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Feb 10, 2012
    Oddly enough, many viewers may not need to know DC Comics' Issue No. 1 chapter, verse and thought bubble to find Comic Book Men mildly amusing.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Feb 10, 2012
    The illustrated title sequence of Comic Book Men depicts these guys as musclemen in tights, but the scenes that follow are strictly mild-mannered.