Commander in Chief : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2005
8.4

1. MarimarK
    Feb 8, 2006
    A golden globe for geena davis??? I havent seen such bad acting since Debbie did Dallas!!! The show is definatly pretty, but blatantly idealistic and so ubelievable as to regard its viewers as flag waving morons.
  2. MarkA
    Dec 7, 2005
    She is not believable as CinC.
  3. JR
    Oct 20, 2005
    Great sets, not accurate. Great light and color but all big Series have that. Stupid insultingly ignorant political situations and the same for the World Leader characters. Example the Russian President would have pointed out the Alien and Sedition Acts of our first 12 plus years as a country as justification for their jailing seditious Journalists. And this opportunity to incorporate the Great sets, not accurate. Great light and color but all big Series have that. Stupid insultingly ignorant political situations and the same for the World Leader characters. Example the Russian President would have pointed out the Alien and Sedition Acts of our first 12 plus years as a country as justification for their jailing seditious Journalists. And this opportunity to incorporate the real history of America in the way the real World Leader would have is just one of the missed opportunities to be true to real life while fictionally pursuing a story line and character development that would mesmerize and titillate the viewers here and even in the rest of the TV addicted world. Expand
  4. RosanneP
    Nov 2, 2005
    I love the program but the huge number of commercials is totally unacceptable. It makes the program unwatchable. Stop already or you will lose your audience.
  5. RalphC
    Nov 3, 2005
    Geena Davis is one of my favorites. I will watch that dumb movie "Earth Girls are Easy" because of her. But I will not subject myself to this piece of poorly written and thought out program. I have watched about 10 mins of 2 episodes and found it dull and repetitive of the same old same old. The West Wing really shows political life inside of the White House. This is a poor ripoff and we Geena Davis is one of my favorites. I will watch that dumb movie "Earth Girls are Easy" because of her. But I will not subject myself to this piece of poorly written and thought out program. I have watched about 10 mins of 2 episodes and found it dull and repetitive of the same old same old. The West Wing really shows political life inside of the White House. This is a poor ripoff and we all should find better programing to watch. Please watch anything else, but this program Expand
  6. MarcD.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Thank god this show is no good. I watch too much TV as it is, but I feel guilty when I'm missing something good. If it's nowhere near as good as The West Wing, then why watch it? It's got no "bite" to it. I loved Kyle Secor from "Homicide", but not as a castrano... First lady my butt!!
  7. TimothyH
    Oct 9, 2005
    the show is flat, booring and an obvious attempt to force a woman president down our throats by hollywood, i am all for a female president but with hillarys ties to hollywood, hmmm could it be, nah they are not that mean are they, the show just plain sucks and will ride a liberal base for awhile until its dropped.
  8. AceVentura
    Jan 2, 2006
    The most ridiculous characterization I have ever witnessed. Evil Republican wolves lurking behind little school girl Demorats attempting to do good by bombing Nigeria simply so a woman can keep her right to be adultrous. Hillarious concept.
  9. SusanP
    Oct 28, 2006
    This show is sooo bad. The writing is bad. The acting is bad. The politics are way off any responsible person's map. Its bad bad bad bad bad and I was so looking forward to it.
  10. jamesr
    Mar 5, 2006
    this show is boring and completely unbelievable. I love geena davis, but this show is just bad!
  11. IanB
    May 7, 2007
    Plays more like a daytime soap than a serious drama. In-fighting, backstabbing, internal political-games, all we're missing now is the invasion of France and we've got Caesar
  12. NancyG
    Nov 16, 2005
    Shudder... a too-frequent nice-girl smile, flat and facile scripts, stiff acting by all (except Sutherland), unrealistic and formulaic plots and mottos and platitudes for lines. This could have been so much richer. And, I love Geena Davis' other work, so I have to believe that she just has nothing to work with and poor direction. I really wanted to like this show, but it makes me Shudder... a too-frequent nice-girl smile, flat and facile scripts, stiff acting by all (except Sutherland), unrealistic and formulaic plots and mottos and platitudes for lines. This could have been so much richer. And, I love Geena Davis' other work, so I have to believe that she just has nothing to work with and poor direction. I really wanted to like this show, but it makes me just groan. Ugh. Expand
  13. JOSHUAL
    Oct 15, 2005
    Absolutely brutal. "When your neighbours house is on fire you don't haggle over the price of your garden hose", 911 for Commander
  14. mmyah
    Nov 8, 2005
    Geena Davis, please get off tv.
  15. MikeB
    Dec 29, 2005
    Geena Davis is horrible
  16. zacht
    Dec 31, 2005
    If I felt we had a president like the one Davis portrays. I just might move to Canada. Where's the wisdom...eh?
  17. JulioA
    Jan 16, 2006
    Victim mentality, anyone?
  18. kahakaha
    Jan 18, 2006
    not very real, the writer's have no concept of our government and how it operates. I was a fan until last night on the korea problem...korea can not hit washington with a nuc, and china is it 's major backer they would never help the US in this case. The OHIO class sub would never be used to gather intel off the coast of korea...maybe a LA or seawolf... so if you want to get me not very real, the writer's have no concept of our government and how it operates. I was a fan until last night on the korea problem...korea can not hit washington with a nuc, and china is it 's major backer they would never help the US in this case. The OHIO class sub would never be used to gather intel off the coast of korea...maybe a LA or seawolf... so if you want to get me back as a viewer get real!!!! or I'll just watch Fear factor Expand
  19. StianB
    Nov 8, 2006
    I love political drama shows, but this one was pathetic. It didn't seem 'real' and there were too much 'hollywood' politics in the script.
  20. BelindaF
    Oct 29, 2006
    Were they this desperate to reuse the set? A poor, embarrassing follow-up to 'The West Wing'.
  21. BrianH
    Jun 29, 2006
    I was offended by the whole idea of a woman as president. This is a communist-hollywood experiment that is a fundamental threat to American Democracy. We need Joe McCarthy again. If this Show is cancelled, I say good ridance. All we have to deal with is the bitter memories that will haunt us forever.
  22. MartinS
    Aug 27, 2006
    Anybody who watched the West Wing knows what a complete joke this show was. Thank god it was canceled before the next presidential election. I honestly believe it would have damaged Hillary's chances.
  23. MillieH
    Nov 21, 2005
    This is the worst show ever.
  24. PrudenceK
    Jan 29, 2006
    Worst show on TV. Geena Davis is simply awful.

As drama, tonight's pilot has its flaws, but it is, nevertheless, one of those electrifying TV productions that instead of simply seeking to divert or amuse, challenges viewers to imagine a reality other than the one they have been conditioned to accept.
    Some viewers will be put off by the many unbelievable aspects of ''Commander in Chief," and not least of all by Geena Davis.
    Heavy-handed.