• Network: ABC

2. samj
    AMAZING television
  3. MariaEugeniaD
    Mar 8, 2006
    Commander in Chief is as good as it gets, the very BEST. I do not appreciate taking it off the air for any other show and specially such a silly one. Geanna is made for this role and I await her return eagerly. This has messed up my tuesdays schedule tremendously.
  4. SteveT
    Jun 19, 2006
    Best new show in a LONG TIME! Why do such wastes of time like "My Name Is Earl" make it out there....maybe it says a lot about the 'people' out there watching. :(
  5. KevinH
    Jun 2, 2006
    This was one of the best shows on the air. I am so made at ABC for pulling it I could spit nails!!
  6. JayZ
    Jun 2, 2006
    Commander In Chief is a great show with a great cast. Looking forward to many more season's to come.
  7. JerryB
    Jul 20, 2006
    Why would ABC cancel a show as good as Commander in Chief and keep shows like W ife Swap,Supernanny, and things like One: Making A Music Star. Is this mindless crap the best ABC can do.
  8. SusanM
    Aug 30, 2006
    10 for content and a bold venture! At last a show with substance and a hard, positive look at moral issues. CIC awakens a yearning for government based on principle, a yearning for what we used to believe it should really be--and all in a woman's hands. No wonder they took it off the air, and how sad that is. Taking all the snipes and gripes about script, schmaltz and stiffness into 10 for content and a bold venture! At last a show with substance and a hard, positive look at moral issues. CIC awakens a yearning for government based on principle, a yearning for what we used to believe it should really be--and all in a woman's hands. No wonder they took it off the air, and how sad that is. Taking all the snipes and gripes about script, schmaltz and stiffness into consideration, I definitely believe CIC should be given a chance! Expand
  9. .GraceM
    Nov 20, 2005
    One of 3 shows we find watching on prime time. I hope it has a long running future on TV. Gena Davis is great in her role as president. Good luck to them.
  10. AdamL.
    Nov 30, 2005
    How Could You say this sucks?! This is just the most amazingly believeable show on television today. Usually I don't watch television but Tuesday night with this along with The Biggest Loser are the only times I watch telveision and thet're the bomb!
  11. ShannonF
    Oct 10, 2005
    It's a great start to what can be a wonderful series
  12. lisap
    Oct 31, 2005
    Great storylines. I thought this show would be a preachy advertisment for womens lib, but its not. What I like most about it is that the position of president could be played by either a man or woman based on the storylines. Gina Davis is spectacular though and Donald Sutherland plays a role that you love to hate. Top notch
  13. JohnB
    wicked show, this one
  14. SarahF
    Oct 5, 2005
    i wathced this show and really liked it - i'm so happy to see Geena davis back in front fo the cameras
  15. gwenb
    Jan 7, 2006
    this is the best television program since Judging Amy which was a favorite of mine for years. I do hope it will continue
  16. RozH
    Oct 7, 2006
    A great show! Geena Davis is superb in her role - the show is a great inspiration to many female business professionals.
  17. BeverlyR
    Feb 5, 2006
    I am told this show is going off the air and I want to know why!! It's one of the best that I've seen in a very long time!!
  18. emilym
    Feb 6, 2006
    i think geena davis is the best actress ever annd this show is alsome creative.. i love the show a whole lot
  19. csdesign
    Feb 7, 2006
    FABulous show. Characters that act like real human beings, instead of cookie-cutter cuties of typical tv. A decision-maker who weighs options, considers risks, then stays true to her word. I like thinking this is how politics SHOUld be -- even with the scheming and pettiness there is respect and politeness. Try it, even republications like it!
  20. Lorie
    Feb 8, 2006
    An absolutely incredible show!
  21. christinef
    Feb 9, 2006
    Great Show with exceptional cast. Goes to show what a woman in the white house can accomplish. She is down to eaeth, strong and just a joy to watch. I hope this show doesn't get the AX. Take off the silly sitcoms and leave Commander In Chief on. Let Mr. Bush see what and how a woman can do in the oval office, since he can't do much but smirk and not even speak well. He needs to Great Show with exceptional cast. Goes to show what a woman in the white house can accomplish. She is down to eaeth, strong and just a joy to watch. I hope this show doesn't get the AX. Take off the silly sitcoms and leave Commander In Chief on. Let Mr. Bush see what and how a woman can do in the oval office, since he can't do much but smirk and not even speak well. He needs to learn the english language and stay in Texas with all the oil barons. Please do not cancel this wonderful show. Thank You Expand
  22. BernieS
    Mar 31, 2006
    Best drama on TV.
  23. PhilipG
    Apr 6, 2006
    This show is the best, and this is a good time to have this show, for the new up and comeing election of a women.
  24. FranklinW
    May 2, 2006
    I have heard that they may cancel this show. I think women everywhere should stand up and fight to keep it on the air. I am a Professor of Criminal Justice and my female students need this show. It gives women and most importantly girls a role model to look up to. Further males need to this show to deprogram their minds that men are the only people who can be leaders. Some I believe I have heard that they may cancel this show. I think women everywhere should stand up and fight to keep it on the air. I am a Professor of Criminal Justice and my female students need this show. It gives women and most importantly girls a role model to look up to. Further males need to this show to deprogram their minds that men are the only people who can be leaders. Some I believe probably fear it, because it could happen in the near future. Expand
  25. maryh
    May 2, 2006
    Ms. Davis does a wondweful job and I'd like to see Commander In Chief renewed for next season.
  26. Lbuford-kelly
    May 31, 2006
    why is this showing going off the air if it was the highest rating show on tuesday nite with 14.7 million viewers
  27. NormaM
    May 4, 2006
    One of the best shows & thank God it is a different kind of "reality show." The stories are compelling & the actors are superb. Please keep this show going & maybe the ratings will improve if scheduled at another time (not against ER and W/O a Trace).
  28. JoeK
    May 5, 2006
    When will we see the show again???
  29. LJArnold
    May 5, 2006
    I love the story lines for Commander in Chief - refreshing not predictable. It's no wonder the ratings are low - it's been cancelled, brought back, different day, different time - just keep us guessing. Give it a chance - pick a day, pick a time and stick with it. Tuesday at 9 pm works for me.
  30. dang
    Jun 1, 2006
    I love it... the perfect show to replace "the west Wing" and feed to need for political drama
  31. PamH
    Jun 2, 2006
    This is so much better than half the junk on t.v. now. So much for quality television.
  32. TayeS
    Jun 23, 2006
    This is my favourite show, it makes me all patriotic and I'm not even American! Joke aside, I believe Commander in Chief is one of the more, if not most, important drama series I have seen on TV, simply because of the gender and political issues it has dappled with. I love the fact that the president is a woman-- I think the women on this site can definitely identify with the ways This is my favourite show, it makes me all patriotic and I'm not even American! Joke aside, I believe Commander in Chief is one of the more, if not most, important drama series I have seen on TV, simply because of the gender and political issues it has dappled with. I love the fact that the president is a woman-- I think the women on this site can definitely identify with the ways she has handled so many of the series' issues, and possibly the men too? And I appreciate the way that this series is surely going to pave the way for more strong female characters in the industry.. so I really hope it will make a comeback on TV. Expand
  33. DebbieB
    Jun 9, 2006
    A wonderful show and an excellent cast. Wish they would reconsider the cancellation.
  34. TomJ
    Jun 9, 2006
    Simply the best show in television today. We're sad to see it go.
  35. Trevor
    Aug 4, 2006
    Fascinating look at the morality a woman might bring to the most powerful job on the planet. Obligatory viewing. What dickhead cancelled this show?
    Aug 6, 2006
    I loved the show and I am sorry that it was canceled. It was not The West Wing, but it complemented it in my opinion.
  37. BRibeiro
    Aug 7, 2006
    I AM FURIOUS! I can't believe that such wonderfully written and acted show has been taken off the air. Not only is it lots of fun to watch, it's a marvelous way to learn about how Government works and to see a woman who is comfortable with power, knowledgeable and wise in applying it, and still there for her family. Hey ABC, what gives? Did you chicken out under political I AM FURIOUS! I can't believe that such wonderfully written and acted show has been taken off the air. Not only is it lots of fun to watch, it's a marvelous way to learn about how Government works and to see a woman who is comfortable with power, knowledgeable and wise in applying it, and still there for her family. Hey ABC, what gives? Did you chicken out under political pressures? Are you blind? Can't you guys see what a gem you've just discarded, along with its chance ro rise above and beyond the rampant, shameless mediocrity festering on TV so destructively? I PROTEST, along with a sizable share of your audience. I request reconsideration and hope you come to your senses before, and I'm sure that's bound to happen, a cable channel with more vision picks it up and gives it the chance it and we deserve. Expand
  38. MelisaV
    Aug 9, 2006
    Good drama... hell of a lot better than some of the crap on tv now...
  39. HelenM
    Jan 12, 2007
    This show was one of the best ever. Why was it canceled?? Let me guess ,Commander in Chief was a woman.She was too good so Big brother had to get rid of her.
  40. JohnC
    Mar 15, 2007
    As a writer I say that this is the best on TV because everything thing else was slow. I also would like to say that if I had wrote this it would be the same as you guys have writen it. Thanks for putting ideas into peoples head because now we see the President in a whole new way Thanks. PS put it back on please because many of us that do like it need something to watch besides LOST and if As a writer I say that this is the best on TV because everything thing else was slow. I also would like to say that if I had wrote this it would be the same as you guys have writen it. Thanks for putting ideas into peoples head because now we see the President in a whole new way Thanks. PS put it back on please because many of us that do like it need something to watch besides LOST and if you guys need help writing I'm willing. Expand
  41. NancyS
    Apr 24, 2007
    Best best show that i have never seen, even better than prison break. hope we could see more and more seasons.
  42. JoshuaM
    Oct 11, 2005
    It's the most intelligent show on television! I love it.
  43. ronap
    Nov 10, 2005
    The role of Keaton played by Peter Coyote is interesting in the light of the current debate on the vice -president and his influence. Mr. Coyote is an excellent addition to the cast.
  44. CarrieT
    Oct 10, 2005
    Great writing, casting, and long overdue. How refreshing to see excellence on the small screen!
  45. LorraineM
    Nov 30, 2005
    One of my favorite shows I look forward to seeing Geena every week. She plays the role superbly. And it brings a fresh look to running a nation with a woman in office, bringing compassion and moral standards into the political arena to support not only the nation as a whole and her family, but keeping in mind the little people who make up the body of the nation. Wish some of this fiction One of my favorite shows I look forward to seeing Geena every week. She plays the role superbly. And it brings a fresh look to running a nation with a woman in office, bringing compassion and moral standards into the political arena to support not only the nation as a whole and her family, but keeping in mind the little people who make up the body of the nation. Wish some of this fiction ethics would rub off to the real life players in the running of this nation. Inspirational! Expand
  46. JaredProphet
    Oct 21, 2005
    Very Cool.
  47. FrankJ
    Dec 20, 2005
    It's just a hoot. I like the actors (Geena Davis & Donald Sutherland)and I like the premise.
  48. DianneM
    Dec 28, 2005
    This is the best show on television. It's the only show that I'll actually go out of my way to watch. I'm anxiously awaiting the next episode.
  49. MeganS
    Dec 5, 2005
    It is one of the best shows ever! Geena Davis plays an excellent President. What woman doesn't dream of becoming President? She is a strong and compelling, but yet still impassive. Additionally, this show adds the topic of family and what really goes on in both the White House and Washington D.C. It's amazing, everyone must watch it! Two thumbs up to Davis!
  50. Dorisl
    Jan 15, 2006
    Fantastic show!
  51. MikeL
    Jan 28, 2006
    I think it is a great show also, I give it a 10
  52. Surya-PatriciaH
    Feb 21, 2006
    One of the most exciting tv shows in years.
  53. SGreen
    Feb 21, 2006
    Miss seeing this show. Holds my interest from beginning to end. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but would like to see an intelligent Commander-in-Chief in the White House.
  54. craigf
    Feb 8, 2006
    expand the storylines to more than one episode. A nuclear crisis cannot be handled in one hour.
  55. RuthL
    Mar 1, 2006
    Why has the show not been on recently?
  56. SusanK
    Mar 2, 2006
    My favorite show on TV. I can't wait to see it again. Have really missed it.
  57. GeoffT
    Mar 30, 2006
    Please bring back, long term, this great show. I just wish the network producers would be more wise and forceful in getting a good schedule placement for this show. I hate it when the consumer becomes collateral damage in the war of the network ratings!
  58. DebA
    Mar 4, 2006
    I love it. The story line is probably more realistic than The West Wing which is more idealistic. But I love them both and I will miss The West Wing.
  59. cherylm
    Apr 14, 2006
    This is one of the BETTER shows on television and I believe the network and the sponsors should realize that not just the "immature" 20 year olds of today watch television. I'm a baby boomer and we are the ones who spend the money or give it to the 20 year olds to spend. Give us TV like this all the time!!!
  60. normai
    Apr 20, 2006
    we enjoyed watching the show. it's the best. my friends & my family love to watch this show. thank you for putting back. we have been waiting for long long time.it's really interesting for lady as a president.please don't stop keep going. thanks again.
  61. AmyH
    Apr 27, 2006
    My favorite show. Too bad our current CIC doesn't have the same convictions.
  62. DonnaJ
    May 11, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show. I hope you reconsider and keep this show going. I'm with Brenda " Quit teasing us and bring it back!!!!!!!!"
  63. LindseyS
    May 11, 2006
    I feel like I'm being tortured by ABC. Good grief! Bring the darned thing back!
  64. LizH
    May 11, 2006
    It is very refreshing to see a show give a woman a roll that is interesting, knowledgeable and holding her own in a man's world, I am 82 years old and I hope to see a woman as president before I leave this earth.
  65. ll
    May 14, 2006
    this is an incredibly powerful program in which issues with the current US administration and different ways to handle them are explored. It was also wonderful seeing a woman in the most powerful role in the US.
  66. AlG
    May 15, 2006
    Wow! Big mistake taking CIC off the air. Great casting; great stories; excellent directing. I've been looking forward to the show every Tuesday evening (and Thursday nights too) since the first episode aired in September '05. Maybe move the show back to 9 o'clock. Thanks.
  67. SteveC
    May 16, 2006
    second favorite show on TV behind House. Was my favorite until they started messing with the schedule. Bring it back if it is cancelled and quit messing with the schedule and stop taking breaks.
  68. ConnieC
    May 22, 2006
    jPlease bring Commander-inChief back! It's one of the highlights of my TV watching week. It seems you've done all you can to do this show in - moving day and time arbitrarily, and taking it off altogether for weeks at a time. How can you keep an audience this way? I'm about ot gilve up on the networks. Reality shows replace creativity, is that it? Please don't cancel jPlease bring Commander-inChief back! It's one of the highlights of my TV watching week. It seems you've done all you can to do this show in - moving day and time arbitrarily, and taking it off altogether for weeks at a time. How can you keep an audience this way? I'm about ot gilve up on the networks. Reality shows replace creativity, is that it? Please don't cancel this show! Expand
  69. DHenson
    May 23, 2006
    This was an excellent TV show. It sure beats all these so called reality programs.
  70. JulieM
    May 29, 2006
    This is a great show. Please do not take it off the air.
  71. NicoleS
    May 31, 2006
    A woman as president? What more is there that you need to know?! Baby steps are better than no steps at all.
  72. LaceyS
    May 31, 2006
    The show was great. Strong caractors excellent story line. I looked forward to watching it.
  73. BrendaJ
    May 4, 2006
    Commander in Chief is the best show, Geenda Davis makes a great President and come on Donald Sutherland makses the best bad guy in town. Come on and quit teasing us and bring the show back!!!!!!
  74. ToshiaY
    Jun 11, 2006
    Love it, love it, love it
  75. JodyL.
    Jun 13, 2006
    Can't believe this excellent show is being cancelled and yet all those ridiculous reality shows go on and on!
  76. SamsonH
    Jun 14, 2006
    Great, because it has lots of aspects ... political (president), emotional (the First Gentleman), teen-angst soap (the twin kids), and ... what West Wing was missing ... a real villian (Mr. Speaker, Donald Sutherland)
  77. JustinC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Great Show!
  78. SyntiaA
    Jun 22, 2006
    Commander in Chief is one of the best show I've seen in ABC... I usually watch FOX, but lately you've been doing well. Do not stop now by cancelling CiC.
  79. TomB
    Jun 3, 2006
    Great show! Interesting scenario. It's a shame it's been cancelled, especially considering some of the shows that were not!
  80. ROBERTH
    Jul 21, 2006
    Its my favorite program,but who cares.Its a clean and decent show for the whole family.We need more decent shows for the entire family.Im about ready to pitch tv set in the trash.
  81. EmilyB
    Jul 22, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and looked forward to each episode. I am very disapointed that it was given so short a run.
  82. JasonM
    Aug 27, 2006
    For the first time in a long time I felt proud to be an American, although it was only a show, it made you feel proud of your country all over again. I would wait all week for this show to be on, they claim that the show had ratings drops, that was only because of the long time of it being off the air due to the olympics and then the time and day changes that were made. Please ABC bring For the first time in a long time I felt proud to be an American, although it was only a show, it made you feel proud of your country all over again. I would wait all week for this show to be on, they claim that the show had ratings drops, that was only because of the long time of it being off the air due to the olympics and then the time and day changes that were made. Please ABC bring this show back or sell the rights to another network. Expand
  83. JoC
    Aug 28, 2006
    its a really good show
  84. mariae
    Nov 10, 2005
    Geena Davis is an amazing actress w/ brains beauty and talent! this show is awesome!!! gotta love her!
  85. AnaC
    Nov 14, 2005
    Geena Davis, amazing!! It takes some acting skills to pull off bieng the first female president of tht US, and she does it radiantly....If you expected a heavy political show, this is not the one for you. However, I find the story lines fascinating, watching the president jugle her duties as president, as mom with rebel teenagers, and a jealous husband.
  86. JoyF
    Nov 2, 2005
    This is a fantastic new show-- Geena Davis as "Mac" makes a convincing president -- she has the look, the brains, and the finesse. Her role as a mother suffers, however, and her role as a wife is iffy. Goos tension with Donal Sutherland (Templeton). This is the best new TV series on the air.
  87. DianaL
    Nov 8, 2005
    excellent show tjust the way politics are
  88. mary
    Oct 18, 2005
    Finally, a show about a woman in command. Who has intelligence, grace, dignity, respect, & loves her family. Keep up the great work. Drfinitely a 'must see' on my weekday schedule.
  89. ManlyB
    Dec 17, 2005
    Well written, actors Geena Davis and Donald Southland are great and my wife and I watch it faithfully every Tuesday. Hope this series continues for a long time.
  90. jonr
    Dec 3, 2005
    Brilliant. Love geena
  91. GlendaJ
    Dec 6, 2005
    We love everything about this show EXCEPT for the excessive advertising that constantly interrupts the flow. We're often gone when the show is aired and must tape it. The number and length of commericals is amazing, so we can watch the taped show in about 40 miinutes.
  92. JanW
    Dec 6, 2005
    Geena Davis is excellent in her executive role, very believable (intelligent, thoughtful, decisive, and her gestures and facial expressions are so gracious - she is a delight to see in action! I have not been hooked on a show in (many) years, and ... this one got me! Donald Sutherland has always been a favorite actor of mine. His role is despicable and makes one want to totally hate him - Geena Davis is excellent in her executive role, very believable (intelligent, thoughtful, decisive, and her gestures and facial expressions are so gracious - she is a delight to see in action! I have not been hooked on a show in (many) years, and ... this one got me! Donald Sutherland has always been a favorite actor of mine. His role is despicable and makes one want to totally hate him - which just reinforces my belief Expand
  93. LisaH
    Dec 8, 2005
    I think this is an excellent show. I do not normally watch TV but I don't miss an episode. I think Gena Davis has created a very believable and sympathetic character who is definitely up to the job. I love the way in which she juggles her role as president with her rold as wife and mother.
  94. RickeyB
    Mar 12, 2006
    This has the real glitches of any Political endeavor built in to the fabric of this show.
  95. JohnV
    Mar 22, 2006
    ABC's 'Commander In Chief' portrays perfectly the many aspects of the political challenges involved with the position of president. Its controversial perspective of a woman and a Liberate as President of the United States is not only intriguingly entertaining, but also an influential realization that differs from what our nation is used to when it comes to the presidency.
  96. carmens
    Apr 19, 2006
    my family favorite show, it is not a fairytale, it is an upcoming reality.
  97. AnnE
    Apr 26, 2006
    Best show on TV. We enjoy watching it. Thank you for putting it back on the air. It is very interesting watching a Lady and a perfect one in Geena Davis portraying President of U.S. I think it is entertaining and as well as the showing us the realization of a woman in the White House and how great it could be. The acting is superb on Geena's and Donald's part as well.
  98. JoeS
    May 12, 2006
    This show should be gaining the crowd from the West WIng and keeping its already captive audience. Instead of cancelling I would have advertised and bright in a strong new season this fall, leaving the spring with a good finale, of course. Too bad!
  99. MatthewS
    May 25, 2006
    i love this new tv show full of action and drama
  100. tylerd
    May 26, 2006
    GREAT SHOW. ABC really messed this one up big time!

As drama, tonight's pilot has its flaws, but it is, nevertheless, one of those electrifying TV productions that instead of simply seeking to divert or amuse, challenges viewers to imagine a reality other than the one they have been conditioned to accept.
    Some viewers will be put off by the many unbelievable aspects of ''Commander in Chief," and not least of all by Geena Davis.
    Heavy-handed.