Community : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. CharlesS
    Oct 12, 2009
    McHale is the only thing good abou the show. The writing is so stupid. Flushed after 2 1/2 episodes.
  2. MikeC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Haven't laughed so hard at a TV show since Arrested Development! Carpe diem!
  3. AndrewK.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon the clever and poignant themes that had me and my wife laughing along. For instance, what's funnier than an Asian man teaching Spanish with a complex? I know, lots of things, but it's very funny. I hope this series receive all the help that it deserves to stay on because it's filled with great promise, good writing, and great characters. Expand
  4. DaphD.
    Oct 4, 2009
    I've been a student and a teacher and this show makes me laugh about both roles. I adore Ahmed, and he will be the life of this show.
  5. katT
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's not making fun of community college, rob. this is the best comedy on tv! so smart it doesn't need any musical number fillers.
  6. jo
    Oct 2, 2009
    This show is hilarious - full of funny lines and, despite being stereotypes, the characters still manage to surprise. It's light hearted fun and laugh out loud funny. I am certainly going to continue watching on the web when I return to Australia.
  7. AF
    Oct 1, 2009
    Its not funny. The story makes no sense; I am not sure how they have come to look to McHale's character for for guidance. Maybe thats the joke but I just don't get it. The characters have no chemistry.
  8. MikeC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Great show! Lots of laughs!
  9. Brainfire
    Sep 28, 2009
    The first episode was so good I felt it was almost on the level of 30 rock. The 2nd was good too. Until the last half. It seemed to fall off a cliff. Right after the Ken Jeong rant? Did anyone notice that?
  10. BryceH
    Sep 27, 2009
    I saw the second episode and this has to be one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I feel sorry for Chevy Chase for being a part of something so pathetic. It's a show worthy of being lampooned on the Soup, which the usually hilarious Joel McHale should focus.
  11. Scott
    Sep 26, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious. Best addition to TV this season. While still (tentatively) inferior to the Office, 30 Rock, or Always Sunny, it has the potential to rival all three. While some pop culture references may be stale, and the plot formulaic, the acerbic wit of McHale and the supporting cast more than mitigate the problems. In fact, it is their ability to make a hilarious show out of Absolutely hilarious. Best addition to TV this season. While still (tentatively) inferior to the Office, 30 Rock, or Always Sunny, it has the potential to rival all three. While some pop culture references may be stale, and the plot formulaic, the acerbic wit of McHale and the supporting cast more than mitigate the problems. In fact, it is their ability to make a hilarious show out of what I felt was a rather cheesy and unoriginal context that makes this show even better. DEFINITELY worth a viewing! Expand
  12. Jayson
    Sep 26, 2009
    The show is a hit. Joel McHale does an excellent job along with the rest of the cast. Thank goodness NBC took a chance because they hit it out of the park!
  13. JohnD.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Great potential for a terrific comedy show. All the characters seem to have backstories that I'm very interested in finding out as the series progresses. No one in show biz comes near Joel's comic timing and delivery. This show can only get better. Loved it.
  14. AsadM.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Trying to do way too much in any single episode. It is not as subtle as the Office and not nearly as quick witted as 30 Rock. It will probably be canceled soon.
  15. KF.
    Sep 26, 2009
    The premise is decent and the cast has promise but the chemistry and timing are so off it's hard to stay focused for very long. Joel McHale's character needs to be unleashed for this sitcom to realize it's true comic potential.
  16. TaylorH.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Amazing show! Overall story is nothing new, but the characters are amazing! Joel Mchale and Chevy Chase make for an amazing show.
  17. ZachG.
    Sep 25, 2009
    When I saw the previews, I thought it would be yet another one of those comedies written for the dull. Boy was I wrong- it's chock-full of satire, irony, silliness, pop culture, and charm. I love it.
  18. GregS
    Sep 25, 2009
    The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of the show. we'll see, I'll give it 4 episodes. Expand
  19. NanA.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Dull, stupid, and pointless. I've laughed more watching my cat play with yarn. I mean really, the thing with the Spanish teacher was incredibly innane.
  20. DotF.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really enjoyed this show. I laughed a lot. Even Chevy Chase was funny. It's been a long time since I could say that!
  21. AlbertN.
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show is brilliant. It might be a good way to test intelligence. The less intelligent being individuals who didn't find the show funny/ entertaining. If you love Jay Leno and reruns of Full House, this might not be the show for you.
  22. RichardS.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I am about as tolerant a person as there is, plus I love off-beat comedy. Just hearing that Chevy Chase is in a cast starts me laughing. But, not only did this show lack anything funny, was contrived, and seemed poorly written, but, it was the most offensive show I have ever seen on television. Shame on NBC!
  23. RyanM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Community is strangely one of the most engaging comedies since The Office, even if most of the formula it uses in all rights, should not work. The acting is good. The most notable actor in it is surprisingly Chevy Chase. Every actor, including him, put on a good show and they are all very funny. The plot isn't so great, but good humor really just blows most of the useless debris Community is strangely one of the most engaging comedies since The Office, even if most of the formula it uses in all rights, should not work. The acting is good. The most notable actor in it is surprisingly Chevy Chase. Every actor, including him, put on a good show and they are all very funny. The plot isn't so great, but good humor really just blows most of the useless debris away. So in other words, Community gives me the rare pleasure of having another TV show to follow. Expand
  24. JohnP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I love Joel McHale but this show is absolutely horrible. Not funny, bad writing.
  25. Ben
    Sep 23, 2009
    This show is the first show in a long time that I watched once and didn't delete from my DVR. The writing is fantastic, the cast is great, but unfortunately, the plot is weak. Ultimately, I think the lack of plot may bury the show, but if the writing continues, i'll join in for the ride. If you like Arrested Development, give this show a try. The humor is fast and intelligent... This show is the first show in a long time that I watched once and didn't delete from my DVR. The writing is fantastic, the cast is great, but unfortunately, the plot is weak. Ultimately, I think the lack of plot may bury the show, but if the writing continues, i'll join in for the ride. If you like Arrested Development, give this show a try. The humor is fast and intelligent... Joel McHale and John Oliver are great. Expand
  26. FrankG.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I'm joining study group! Joel is just as funny as he is on 'The Soup," where he is hell-arious!
  27. Chris
    Sep 22, 2009
    Liked the pilot. Great cast and definitely has a lot of promise.
  28. MasJ.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Joel McHale is a comic genius. His other show the Soup is great and one of my favorites.
  29. BillR.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Absolutely the worst comedy on TV. Young critics like Community and dislike Leno. What does that say for today's humor?
  30. MartyL
    Extremely well written!
  31. RobW
    Sep 18, 2009
    I watched the entire show and never laughed once and I tend to laugh at everything. There is humor here but it is diluted by the premise that Community colleges are for losers that can't for whatever reason go to a regular university. This is a disservice to many people for whom community colleges are a more affordable way to higher education.
  32. BrandonS
    Sep 18, 2009
    Love The Soup, love Joel McHale. I was looking forward to this show a lot - and it took about five minutes for my wife and me to turn this off. Supremely unfunny, it was disastrously bad.

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.