Community : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. Mar 19, 2015
    Set in Greendale Community college Community centres around a group of seven misfits who at first have nothing in common other than the fact that they all in Senor Chang's Spanish 101 class yet, despite their contrasting personalities, they soon form a tight knit group.

For me Community, with its mix of oddball characters and self-awareness, can be most closely compared to another excellent sitcom in Arrested Development. The show really hits the ground running from the start with every episode delivering plenty of laughs and any film/TV nerds like me will just love episodes like 'Modern Warfare'. With such attention to detail episodes can be enjoyed over and over again as each time you will spot or pick up on something you missed the first time around. I hope Community stays around for as long as possible.
  2. Feb 3, 2016
    This show has got off to a very good start introducing memorable characters and throwing them into hilarious situations with the lovable Abed breaking and following every single tv trope.
  3. Oct 20, 2016
    Community, season 1 takes its time to warm up to be fun and interesting. Overall the cast and writers create a hilarious world filled with pop-culture/meta humour.
  4. Mar 11, 2011
    Love this show. One of my favorites. Hilarious with such an awesome cast. They have such good chemistry and Joel McHale is always hilarious. The characters are all so likable and fun. I always tune in on Thursday!
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    This show is hilarious the only reason i watched it was because of Chevy Chase. This show is a show for everyone, one episode will be western themed, the next a Christmas cartoon themed, and then a musical episode. Then of course the show has "normal" episodes. But what I am trying to say is,it is unlike anything else out there on television.
  6. Jun 17, 2013
    Loved everything about the first 3 episodes, yes I just started but who cares I'm lucky. So far it shows romantic and a funny storyline along with a heartfelt family like study group. Perfect.
  7. Oct 17, 2010
    Its consistency was almost enough to stop watching it, but the series really found itself over the course of the season and provided a couple of perfect parody episodes ("Modern Warfare," "Contemporary American Poultry"). Joel McHale is pitch-perfect and the entire ensemble is great.
  8. Jan 14, 2014
    The first season for Community set the ground work for what it would eventually become but it went through a bit of a rough patch in its infancy. Sure, some of the storylines in the first season set up classic ones in the coming seasons but this show fell prey to some obvious T.V. tropes that set it back. It wasn't till the second season, where it established its own identity that it tookThe first season for Community set the ground work for what it would eventually become but it went through a bit of a rough patch in its infancy. Sure, some of the storylines in the first season set up classic ones in the coming seasons but this show fell prey to some obvious T.V. tropes that set it back. It wasn't till the second season, where it established its own identity that it took off. That's not to say this was a bad season. It was far better than most of the crap they put on T.V. and call "comedy" but it never really had an identity. The biggest thing was the characters didn't really develop, except for Abed. Abed quickly became the best part of the show with his witty dialogue and wonderful interaction with the rest of the cast. He really carried this first season, while the rest of the characters took longer to develop, with some even waiting till the following seasons to grow as a character. The show was good but it took something else to make it a classic, and that's what it got in season 2. But this first season is still good and I would definitely recommend watching it before going to season 2. Expand
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    The first season of Community is a mixed bag, but its definitely more good than bad. Thing is that I don't think the show is one of the funniest sitcoms to have recently aired, what I think Community has is this sense of fun, excitement, etc. that allows it to do things like the ' probably going to be a classic ' episode "Modern Warfare". It has some problems, sure, like the endless popThe first season of Community is a mixed bag, but its definitely more good than bad. Thing is that I don't think the show is one of the funniest sitcoms to have recently aired, what I think Community has is this sense of fun, excitement, etc. that allows it to do things like the ' probably going to be a classic ' episode "Modern Warfare". It has some problems, sure, like the endless pop culture references that Abed throws at us, can get annoying at a certain point, but it mostly works. But keep watching, it gets way better on its second season. Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2012
    Best comedy currently on NBC. As good as Arrested Development and Modern Family. This show puts Big Bang Theory to shame.
  11. Feb 10, 2016
    One of the best comedies I've had the pleasure of watching. Despite a slump in quality in the last couple of seasons, the writing in this sitcom is phenomenal, second only to the ingenuity of Scrubs. This show creates a connection between the characters and the audience unlike any show I've watched before, and I was truly sad to see it go.
  12. Feb 13, 2012
    This is the funniest show on television right now. If you are new to the show don't start with the pilot, I really get the feeling that because the pilot sucked they thought it would be scrapped so told the writers to do whatever until they got the axe. After the first run of episodes the show finds its stride so I would really recommend watching this show in case its cancelled for good.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    The first season is amazingly funny and characters are great to watch. In later seasons thou it like some dropped the ball and the show turns into a kind of caricature of it self
  14. Jan 29, 2013
    My favourite show on Television right now. Took me a while to get into, but I adore it now. The script is funny and occasionally delightfully offensive. I can understand why people who actually attend community college would be insulted by the 'community college students are all losers' stereotype Community portrays, but I, personally, absolutely adore it.
  15. Nov 14, 2016
    I watched It for the first time in 2016 ...years after it's original release date ...and I Love It !
    It is still funny, fresh, fast paced.
    Lots of movie reference and likeable characters.
  16. Dec 30, 2011
    Okay, so because it was on NBC I didn't give the show a shot when its first season aired because to be honest most of what NBC calls funny (i.e. Seinfeld and Friends, etc) I don't find funny. But when Season 2 was running (almost end of Season 2) I watched a clip of the Fistful of Paintballs and I was in. I immediately gobbled up what I could on Hulu and then backtracked from there. ItsOkay, so because it was on NBC I didn't give the show a shot when its first season aired because to be honest most of what NBC calls funny (i.e. Seinfeld and Friends, etc) I don't find funny. But when Season 2 was running (almost end of Season 2) I watched a clip of the Fistful of Paintballs and I was in. I immediately gobbled up what I could on Hulu and then backtracked from there. Its just too good to describe in 150 words. Watch it, tell your friends, and save it. Expand
  17. May 9, 2014
    The best part of a new show is when you truly enjoy every bit of it. Community is this fresh new take on meta humor and great writing that gives this show a whole new following with its brilliant cast and crew.
  18. May 18, 2012
    This a world were fan-service rubbish like Sherlock has universal acclamation and a show that actually is clever has critics panning it. Community actually is a truly smart show with actual plots and writers that care about more than turning out "super-rad" one-liners. In what universe are NBC comedies staring Joe McHale smarter than BBC series with Martin Freedman? This one I guess. WeThis a world were fan-service rubbish like Sherlock has universal acclamation and a show that actually is clever has critics panning it. Community actually is a truly smart show with actual plots and writers that care about more than turning out "super-rad" one-liners. In what universe are NBC comedies staring Joe McHale smarter than BBC series with Martin Freedman? This one I guess. We may be in the worst possible time-stream. everybody cut out a beard. Expand
  19. Oct 8, 2010
    This smart, upbeat show, takes us on a great sitcom adventure. Not a dull moment in the show! One of the best comidies since "The Big Bang Theory". The show is witty and creative and should be nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy. The acting is superb and amazing. This is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and I hope you guys get a chance to watch it.
  20. Jan 1, 2011
    Holy crap NBC made something I actually like. The cast is superb, love Ken Jong, Chevy Chase, John Oliver, Joel McHale is classic. Watching Pierce (Chevy) fall down and knock stuff over is still funny. Love Abed and Troy. Just a fun show. Lots of references and spoofs. HEH!
  21. Jun 23, 2011
    Great characters, well-written witticisms... The show delivers, though perhaps not quite as boldly as NBC's other Thursday night comedies. Still perfectly enjoyable week after week.
  22. Feb 17, 2012
    There are a few shows that push the boundaries and move into something of a creative realm. This is one of those shows; with constant nods to movies, and othe pop culture it is a show made for and appreciated well. There are episodes that stand out like the Paintball episodes, Abeds claymation episode, and others. Written well and acted well.
  23. Nov 26, 2013
    This show is extremely funny with a great plot. It has that fresh feeling that actually gives me a fresh feeling. I don't think a show has ever done that in a long time.
  24. Feb 16, 2014
    Community Season 1 is one of the Best Tv Shows out today, with its smart humor I've never laughed so hard I can easily say this is one of my favorite shows of all time, I'm so glad i found out about this show.
  25. Dec 27, 2010
    Smart show with fantastic references and unrealistic dialogue, but it's a comedy and that's to be somewhat expected. Only has one useless character (Shirley) and rarely has a stale episode. Those that are stale still have good writing. By far, the funniest sitcom on broadcast television. I look forward to every episode.
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    Community is just, well it can't be described in words unfortunately. Community is by far the best comedy show/series since friends in my opinion. Yes it IS that good, just watch it and you will know why, it's just unexplanable.
  27. Nov 19, 2010
    Never before in my young life have a seen a show funnier than Community. An enormously funny cast. Danny Pudi's performance is amazing. Why this show wasn't nominated for any Emmy's is beyond me. This show is streets ahead!
  28. Nov 19, 2010
    This is the best show on tv, right up there with the office. I seems that people that don't like this show are either old or have a horrible sense of humour.
  29. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the best comedies I have watched in a long time, so much scope for development for the characters within the main cast, and outside too. I cant see anyone being disappointed in this. First class. Modern Warfare is possibly the funniest episode of anything I've ever watched!
  30. Jan 15, 2013
    The most astoundingnly, clever comedy to grace the small screen since Friends and Seinfeld. God, this comedy series just can't be described in words. You have to watch it imo, if you aren't you're really missing out.
  31. Jan 6, 2012
    My sister got me to watch the first paintball episode. From then on, I was watching it regularly. I love the characters and the comedy. The consistency has been lacking, though; between the good episodes and the occasional standout is the occasional lame episode. As someone who loves the show, that won't stop me from coming back next week...but when I recommend the show to a friend andMy sister got me to watch the first paintball episode. From then on, I was watching it regularly. I love the characters and the comedy. The consistency has been lacking, though; between the good episodes and the occasional standout is the occasional lame episode. As someone who loves the show, that won't stop me from coming back next week...but when I recommend the show to a friend and their first experience is a mediocre one, I can't blame them for giving this show a pass. Expand
  32. Apr 23, 2012
    Arguably the funniest show on TV. Season 1 is perfect. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is still pretty awesome (although there have been a few misses). Regardless I hope it gets one more season and finishes out all the plot and story lines. Always excited for it every week.
  33. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say I was afraid of what would happen to the show after Pierce and Troy left, but this episode [S05 E06] was awesome. The new members of the "greendale seven" are as good as the old ones. Professor Duncan should continue being a regular character. I would love for Abed to start a weird romantic relationship, they could be the new weird 'couple'. All in all, I think that the show is taking an amazing path and I'm really enjoying those old characters coming back. Expand
  34. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Some Community episodes are immature, but some are so immature that they're either very good or so ridiculously funny (Paintball War, Zombie Apocalypse, etc.).
  35. Jun 18, 2017
    - Review for full Show first, then Season 1 -

Full Show: I don't even know where to start, this show is perfect if you love smart and 'dumb' humor between addressing modern day real world tropes and random screaming, running gags, lovable characters that will make you laugh - shed a tear or sometimes even cry, no 'bottle episodes', good plots, good acting, perfect episode pacing,
    - Review for full Show first, then Season 1 -

Full Show:
    I don't even know where to start, this show is perfect if you love smart and 'dumb' humor between addressing modern day real world tropes and random screaming, running gags, lovable characters that will make you laugh - shed a tear or sometimes even cry, no 'bottle episodes', good plots, good acting, perfect episode pacing, raising moral and ethic values.

If you love or hate TV in general the show is perfect since it is very 'Meta' about it and even about itself, it has extremely 'grounded' - and 'crazy' episodes while managing to stay very real always having reasons to do whatever it does.

Season 1:
    This is the first season of my favourite TV Show ever, so ofcourse i am gonna give it a 10/10, BUT season 1 is truly only worth a 7/10 since it falls very short compared to the complete rest of the series (which has 6 more seasons that easily score 10/10), im not quite sure what happened during production because it has been run by the same showrunner, there are plenty of reasons appearently but i wont go into details on here, since i don't care about production in very early stages of a show, you'll have to google it yourself. It sets up the shows characters really well tho and in the end is a must watch for every that likes the show and wants the full experience, if you are not sure if you'll like it check out some other random episodes from later seasons that dont contain big spoilers and then go back and start watching it from the beginning.

And ofcourse i am going to tell you to watch it, but for real, watch it, it sets a completely new standard for Comedy Shows.
  36. Sep 7, 2010
    One of the funniest shows on TV right now along with The Big Bang Theory. Danny Pudi (Abed) should be considered a top contender for an Emmy next year. One of the best ensemble casts since Friends in my opinion. You can never go wrong with Chevy Chase. Side note: Alison Brie...Wow...I want to kiss her face.
  37. Sep 5, 2010
    As an avid tv buff I'd place this somewhere in the realm of Friends, Scrubs and Arrested Development in different ways. Likable Characters, Witty banter, Good Spoofing of pop culture, and overall a win in my book. With my expierience in seeing great shows that gather a cult following only after having been canceled ( Dead Like Me, Pushing Up Daisies, Better Off Ted ) , I hope that theAs an avid tv buff I'd place this somewhere in the realm of Friends, Scrubs and Arrested Development in different ways. Likable Characters, Witty banter, Good Spoofing of pop culture, and overall a win in my book. With my expierience in seeing great shows that gather a cult following only after having been canceled ( Dead Like Me, Pushing Up Daisies, Better Off Ted ) , I hope that the execs read these user reviews on Metacritic and see that this is what we want to see. Expand
  38. Feb 11, 2011
    The one problem with this show is that every episode is only 30 minutes long, always leaving me wanting more. Every episode is absolutely hilarious and the writing is fantastic. Not only does it make fun of every genre of television and movies, it makes fun of what their show is about. They play to the fact that its a group of friends from all different backgrounds. Every character is wellThe one problem with this show is that every episode is only 30 minutes long, always leaving me wanting more. Every episode is absolutely hilarious and the writing is fantastic. Not only does it make fun of every genre of television and movies, it makes fun of what their show is about. They play to the fact that its a group of friends from all different backgrounds. Every character is well developed and even the side characters that are only in a few episodes service the show in a perfect way. Starburns' is a mystery in himself and the Dean is never fully explained but that adds to their characters. This show is perfect and is one of the funniest shows on television. Expand
  39. Mar 28, 2011
    It took me a while to find Community; I had stumbled by chance on the paintball episode and enjoyed it immensely, but it was really only after a friend insisted I watch the whole series did I give it my full attention. It does start quite slowly, and while the initial episodes are still good, the humour is not completely there and the characters are quite different. But once it found it'sIt took me a while to find Community; I had stumbled by chance on the paintball episode and enjoyed it immensely, but it was really only after a friend insisted I watch the whole series did I give it my full attention. It does start quite slowly, and while the initial episodes are still good, the humour is not completely there and the characters are quite different. But once it found it's feet, it became compulsive viewing, to the point where I became a little obsessed. Obviously, the paintball episode is a standout for so many reasons, but some of my favourite episodes are just character-based. Britta and Jeff getting involved in Annie's love life, the 'new Pierce,' Baggels... And then there is anything involving Troy and Abed: KickPuncher, the Spanish Rap, Troy and Abed in the Morning, Batman... By the end of the season there was just so much to love about this show. It's jam-packed FULL of pop cultures references, consistently clever writing and a raft of interesting, three-dimensional, relatable characters. Brilliant. Expand
  40. Jun 16, 2011
    This has been my new favorite NBC comedy since The Office got cancelled after only TWO seasons! (I know it wasn't cancelled but I like to pretend that everything after season 2 never happened). For movie/tv/music/pop culture/ comic book nerds or fanboy/girls this show is for you. it has something for everyone. troy and abed in the morning!
  41. Jun 8, 2011
    This show is awesome. I spent days watching episode after episode. Its Originality and humour is what makes the show so entertaining. Every episode has a different message it comes across, relating to either friendship values, or general moral ethics. The characters are all part of a study group that is runned by Jeff Winger. Its funny how the group depend on him to do just aboutThis show is awesome. I spent days watching episode after episode. Its Originality and humour is what makes the show so entertaining. Every episode has a different message it comes across, relating to either friendship values, or general moral ethics. The characters are all part of a study group that is runned by Jeff Winger. Its funny how the group depend on him to do just about everything, whether it is to talk about someone's issues or whether its to calm an individual down or even whether its to start a conversation. He acts as a father figure in the group but he does so in such a snobbish way. His litigant past makes him a very experienced public speaker and has a very sophisticated way of interpreting his ideas. In the last few episodes he has started to be way to presumptuous and his arrogance is starting to be a little irritating. All the other characters fit the group like a glove. I love Abed's inexpressive and fantasy driven character. his friendship with Troy, another unique character, is what makes the show. One character that I gradually started to be indiferent about , despite the fact that he is Hilariously crude, is Peirce. He is SOOO funny but sometimes crosses the line. Another character that I am uneasy about is the Dean. He is soo gay that it pisses me off. Get him off the show. the little end clips are epic.
    cant wait for the next season.
  42. Jun 29, 2011
    In the time where the dominant sitcom on television world-wide are re-runs of a show which stars a drug fuelled womanizer whose famous for living with his â
  43. Sep 26, 2011
    Currently my favourite show on TV. From their parodies to the lovable characters, this show excels on all levels. Dan Harmon is a genius.

Very meta... Very good.
  44. Oct 23, 2011
    Honestly the best comedy on TV right now. Funny, insightful and often thought provoking, Community works on many emotional levels. I look forward to it every week and hope that people give it the chance it deserves. In a world full of people who think The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are the epitome of comedy, we need more shows like Community willing to push the boundaries andHonestly the best comedy on TV right now. Funny, insightful and often thought provoking, Community works on many emotional levels. I look forward to it every week and hope that people give it the chance it deserves. In a world full of people who think The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are the epitome of comedy, we need more shows like Community willing to push the boundaries and try something new. Expand
  45. Jan 19, 2012
    I'll admit the pilot and start of Season 1 may seem very forced but Iove how this show develops! It's one that once I started watching I'd say "one more episode..." to myself. Definitely up there with Arrested Development and Clone High on the humour stakes.
  46. Aug 30, 2012
    it is a great sitcom because you don't have does annoying fake laughs
  47. Aug 22, 2014
    Community is one of my favorite shows of all time. The best part is the show is always managing to find something to do. From D&D to paintball, they never feel like there not doing something awesome. There is an entire episode where they search for a pen in the study room and they even lampshade there in a bottle episode and it is utterly perfect. Theirs an episode with Zombies, threeCommunity is one of my favorite shows of all time. The best part is the show is always managing to find something to do. From D&D to paintball, they never feel like there not doing something awesome. There is an entire episode where they search for a pen in the study room and they even lampshade there in a bottle episode and it is utterly perfect. Theirs an episode with Zombies, three about Blanket forts with one being a pillow fight between the legit country of Pillowtown and Blanketsburg, an episode in a 8-bit video game, and a entire episode showing the creation of seven different timelines depending on who goes to get the pizza. It's the fact that these are all so crazy and weird that the fact they work perfectly and hilariously makes this show the greatest ever willing to do ideas and plots other shows won't touch. The mere fact they can have the group sit in the study room all episode playing D&D, looking for a pen or being interrogated with a lied detector and have it be a highlight of the season makes it perfectly utterly brilliant. The cast is also excellent with Danny Pudi, Donald Glover, and Alison Brie being just awesome. I would go on but I'm running out of words and comparisons to make so you can understand how good it is. Expand
  48. Sep 9, 2013
    One of the most underrated shows in the industry. With the exception of the fourth season, this show is witty, unconventional, and well-written with characters I've come to love. Definitely a show I look forward to (when Dan Harmon writes).
  49. Dec 11, 2013
    Over the course of its first season, I have really come to like "Community" very much. The highlights of the first season are "Comparative Religion" (episode 12) and "Modern Warfare" (episode 23). Every episode is unique in its own way by either parodying some cult movie or just playing with the dynamics and relationships between the characters.
  50. Apr 10, 2014
    This is by far the cleverest comedy on tv, dialogs are incredibly witty, the characters development through the 5 seasons has been crazy funny, this is not the tipical sicom and thats precisely its hightlight.
  51. AndrewK.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon the clever and poignant themes that had me and my wife laughing along. For instance, what's funnier than an Asian man teaching Spanish with a complex? I know, lots of things, but it's very funny. I hope this series receive all the help that it deserves to stay on because it's filled with great promise, good writing, and great characters. Expand
  52. JouniH
    Jan 3, 2010
    Man, this really is the best series in a loooong time. I just loved the four-season series Ed to bits and this Community reminds me of Ed a whole lot. The cast is perfect and the humor is witty and timing perfect. I have to say I've even had to hold back tears during a couple of episodes. :) Just amazing.
  53. jo
    Oct 2, 2009
    This show is hilarious - full of funny lines and, despite being stereotypes, the characters still manage to surprise. It's light hearted fun and laugh out loud funny. I am certainly going to continue watching on the web when I return to Australia.
  54. DaphD.
    Oct 4, 2009
    I've been a student and a teacher and this show makes me laugh about both roles. I adore Ahmed, and he will be the life of this show.
  55. FrankG.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I'm joining study group! Joel is just as funny as he is on 'The Soup," where he is hell-arious!
  56. AlbertN.
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show is brilliant. It might be a good way to test intelligence. The less intelligent being individuals who didn't find the show funny/ entertaining. If you love Jay Leno and reruns of Full House, this might not be the show for you.
  57. GregG.
    Jan 30, 2010
    In it's first few seasons, I though Scrubs was genius. Since then, not so much. But this show feels like Scrubs in that first season. Goofy and fun, it's my favorite new comedy since the Office first came out.
  58. OliverO.
    Feb 2, 2010
    I watched one episode and got hooked, one of my favorite shows.
  59. MikeC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Great show! Lots of laughs!
  60. SaraS
    Oct 14, 2009
    Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory right off the bat, and I consider it analogous to getting to know someone new at college, a little at a time. It doesn't seem cliche or hacky, and I'm glad that NBC is finally showing another show that I can watch, besides The Office. Expand
  61. Justin
    Dec 12, 2009
    The funniest show on tv this fall, hands down!! My thursday is not complete without watching a episode of Community!!
  62. katT
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's not making fun of community college, rob. this is the best comedy on tv! so smart it doesn't need any musical number fillers.
  63. KevinH
    Oct 27, 2009
    The most astoundingnly clever comedy to grace the small screen since Seinfeld was king.
  64. DotF.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really enjoyed this show. I laughed a lot. Even Chevy Chase was funny. It's been a long time since I could say that!
  65. Jayson
    Sep 26, 2009
    The show is a hit. Joel McHale does an excellent job along with the rest of the cast. Thank goodness NBC took a chance because they hit it out of the park!
  66. JohnD.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Great potential for a terrific comedy show. All the characters seem to have backstories that I'm very interested in finding out as the series progresses. No one in show biz comes near Joel's comic timing and delivery. This show can only get better. Loved it.
  67. Dalton
    Jan 15, 2010
    Community is the first new show in years that I look forward to each week. A great ensemble with quick, witty writing.
  68. MikeC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Haven't laughed so hard at a TV show since Arrested Development! Carpe diem!
  69. Markus
    Oct 16, 2009
    After all the forced premise "comedies" that have infested the TV landscape lately this quirky and somewhat unusual take on a college sitcom provides some of the most clever writing and witty exploitation of "seen a billion times before" moments. It's good to see Joel McHale act and his fellow cast is one of the most interesting collection of potentially hilarious characters I have After all the forced premise "comedies" that have infested the TV landscape lately this quirky and somewhat unusual take on a college sitcom provides some of the most clever writing and witty exploitation of "seen a billion times before" moments. It's good to see Joel McHale act and his fellow cast is one of the most interesting collection of potentially hilarious characters I have witnessed in years. There is so much to get here and even though it's only five episodes in I almost cried, laughed hysterically and often found myself amazed at the beauty and creativity of the situations. Expand
  70. SeanC
    Dec 3, 2009
    Excellent show. Good writing and a great cast. Anyone who enjoys The Office or 30 Rock will like this show and its dry humor.
  71. Mark
    Dec 4, 2009
    By far and away this (along with Modern Family) are the best new comedies on TV right now.
  72. VinceC
    Oct 31, 2009
    If you don't find this funny, I feel bad for you To the guy who laughs at his cat playing yarn but didn't laugh at this show, perhaps youtube videos are more your speed. Yes, it's a pop culture extravaganza, which may leave some feeling left out. In fact, that's probably why Nan A. gave it a 1. But to those on the inside you will just love this show. Also, Jeff Winger If you don't find this funny, I feel bad for you To the guy who laughs at his cat playing yarn but didn't laugh at this show, perhaps youtube videos are more your speed. Yes, it's a pop culture extravaganza, which may leave some feeling left out. In fact, that's probably why Nan A. gave it a 1. But to those on the inside you will just love this show. Also, Jeff Winger is the best antihero jerk since House, and it's surprising to see how old Chevy Chase has gotten, but you get over it once he shows you that he's still got it! This show is just full of win! Expand
  73. MartyL
    Sep 18, 2009
    Extremely well written!
  74. Chris
    Sep 22, 2009
    Liked the pilot. Great cast and definitely has a lot of promise.
  75. GregS
    Sep 25, 2009
    The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of the show. we'll see, I'll give it 4 episodes. Expand
  76. ZachG.
    Sep 25, 2009
    When I saw the previews, I thought it would be yet another one of those comedies written for the dull. Boy was I wrong- it's chock-full of satire, irony, silliness, pop culture, and charm. I love it.
  77. Brainfire
    Sep 28, 2009
    The first episode was so good I felt it was almost on the level of 30 rock. The 2nd was good too. Until the last half. It seemed to fall off a cliff. Right after the Ken Jeong rant? Did anyone notice that?
  78. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    This show is good, but the comedy and depth of the show fluctuates beetween episodes, making some insanely funny while others blah. It needs to pull off a comeback to get more praise
  79. JennyC
    Nov 13, 2009
    with 30 rock, one of my top picks for an instant pick-me-up laugh. Great one-liners, smart, funny, love the cast so much! Who knew Community College could actually be cool.
  80. ArianoA
    Nov 19, 2009
    Fresh show that binds humor with reality. This show gets all the stress away replacing it with joyful emotions.
  81. AdamsF
    Nov 20, 2009
    Great show that is getting better each week. The characters are loveable and the jokes are fast paced and clever. Sure there are always happy endings but I find myself rooting for the cast so it all works out. Keep it on the air NBC!
  82. WesletC
    Oct 15, 2009
    The best comedy on television. Watch it!
  83. TS
    Dec 14, 2009
    I like it. It's different, and witty. It's nice to see something that doesn't seem to just be recycled from other past shows.
  84. MasJ.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Joel McHale is a comic genius. His other show the Soup is great and one of my favorites.
  85. Ben
    Sep 23, 2009
    This show is the first show in a long time that I watched once and didn't delete from my DVR. The writing is fantastic, the cast is great, but unfortunately, the plot is weak. Ultimately, I think the lack of plot may bury the show, but if the writing continues, i'll join in for the ride. If you like Arrested Development, give this show a try. The humor is fast and intelligent... This show is the first show in a long time that I watched once and didn't delete from my DVR. The writing is fantastic, the cast is great, but unfortunately, the plot is weak. Ultimately, I think the lack of plot may bury the show, but if the writing continues, i'll join in for the ride. If you like Arrested Development, give this show a try. The humor is fast and intelligent... Joel McHale and John Oliver are great. Expand
  86. RyanM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Community is strangely one of the most engaging comedies since The Office, even if most of the formula it uses in all rights, should not work. The acting is good. The most notable actor in it is surprisingly Chevy Chase. Every actor, including him, put on a good show and they are all very funny. The plot isn't so great, but good humor really just blows most of the useless debris Community is strangely one of the most engaging comedies since The Office, even if most of the formula it uses in all rights, should not work. The acting is good. The most notable actor in it is surprisingly Chevy Chase. Every actor, including him, put on a good show and they are all very funny. The plot isn't so great, but good humor really just blows most of the useless debris away. So in other words, Community gives me the rare pleasure of having another TV show to follow. Expand
  87. TaylorH.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Amazing show! Overall story is nothing new, but the characters are amazing! Joel Mchale and Chevy Chase make for an amazing show.
  88. Scott
    Sep 26, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious. Best addition to TV this season. While still (tentatively) inferior to the Office, 30 Rock, or Always Sunny, it has the potential to rival all three. While some pop culture references may be stale, and the plot formulaic, the acerbic wit of McHale and the supporting cast more than mitigate the problems. In fact, it is their ability to make a hilarious show out of Absolutely hilarious. Best addition to TV this season. While still (tentatively) inferior to the Office, 30 Rock, or Always Sunny, it has the potential to rival all three. While some pop culture references may be stale, and the plot formulaic, the acerbic wit of McHale and the supporting cast more than mitigate the problems. In fact, it is their ability to make a hilarious show out of what I felt was a rather cheesy and unoriginal context that makes this show even better. DEFINITELY worth a viewing! Expand
  89. Sep 6, 2010
    This is my favorite comedy show since arrested development. Full of references and parodies. Hilarious and superb writing. The paintball episode may be the best in television history.
  90. Sep 8, 2010
    The first new comedy I've been excited by since, well, since I don't know when -- years. Utterly original. Equal parts wry self-awareness and spit-your-food-out hilarity. And lest I neglect to mention Donald Glover...
  91. Jan 25, 2011
    I am so glad this show is on TV. It is one of the most well writting series I have ever watched and the characters are amazing. I urge you to watch this show!
  92. Dec 8, 2011
    Best show on television. The comedy is fresh original and smart. We need more shows with this much originality on tv. I wish more people would discover this show so it stays on the air.
  93. Feb 13, 2011
    This is probably my favorite current sitcom. Though several episodes feel a bit off in terms of pacing and plot, I find myself genuinely interested in the story and characters on a week-to-week basis.
  94. Mar 15, 2012
    In order to appreciate Community, it's necessary to be patient and watch the characters development. I fell in love with it after the first episode, but it took a few episodes for others to understand the characters and humor. Unlike the Big Bang Theory and other spoon-fed sticoms, the humor is in layers and requires an attentive mind that can pick up quick references, in a similar wayIn order to appreciate Community, it's necessary to be patient and watch the characters development. I fell in love with it after the first episode, but it took a few episodes for others to understand the characters and humor. Unlike the Big Bang Theory and other spoon-fed sticoms, the humor is in layers and requires an attentive mind that can pick up quick references, in a similar way that Arrested Development was written. It's a unique series, and I hope that after the hiatus it can continue to deliver the quirkiness and weirdness I've grown to love and appreciate. Expand
  95. Apr 12, 2011
    The absolutely best show on television right now. The first season starts off a little slow as it takes a few episodes for the cast to really find their legs. After the first four or five episodes though it really starts to click on all cylinders and is one of the funniest, most surprisingly touching shows around. The DVD's really hold up to repeated viewings as well. (and it onlyThe absolutely best show on television right now. The first season starts off a little slow as it takes a few episodes for the cast to really find their legs. After the first four or five episodes though it really starts to click on all cylinders and is one of the funniest, most surprisingly touching shows around. The DVD's really hold up to repeated viewings as well. (and it only seems to be getting better as the second season has been just as good as the first)

The whole cast is amazing but I would like to give a special recognition to Donald Glover as Troy. Dude is hilarious. Also Alison Brie, I love you! Please marry me! :-P

Highlight episodes of the first season include: Modern Warfare, American Poultry

(for the second season I highly recommend the Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas; there are a bunch of others too but that one is really good)
  96. Apr 23, 2011
    This is my favorite TV show. the role of Chevy Chase as Peirce Hawthorne perfectly fits him. I love the community. The characters might be middle aged or in their 20's but they sure know a lot about comedy. :))
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    This show is absolutely hilarious, with extremely fast paced jokes, making the episodes worth watching more than once. Community has a variety of different spoofs nearly each episode, and makes viewers laugh for hours on end. I highly recommend this show.
  98. Dec 22, 2011
    Troy and Abed in the mooooooooooorn-ing!
    best show, unique dynamic, likeable character, great storylines, stop motion xmas special, a john woo paintball style episode, and an awesome zombie episode! so good!
  99. Dec 20, 2011
    Growing every episode, worst being the pilot. Fresh, imaginative and funny, it's one of these shows you wish never end. Great characters, I like them to be that fantastic (in a fantasy way), but if you look deeper, you may find them astonishing real.
  100. Dec 22, 2011
    By far my favourite TV show on air! It is smart, hilarious and there couldn't have been a better cast. The first 2 seasons were amazing it's only a shame they're on hiatus...for now hopefully!

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.