Community : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. Apr 23, 2012
    Arguably the funniest show on TV. Season 1 is perfect. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is still pretty awesome (although there have been a few misses). Regardless I hope it gets one more season and finishes out all the plot and story lines. Always excited for it every week.
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    Best comedy currently on NBC. As good as Arrested Development and Modern Family. This show puts Big Bang Theory to shame.
  3. May 18, 2012
    This a world were fan-service rubbish like Sherlock has universal acclamation and a show that actually is clever has critics panning it. Community actually is a truly smart show with actual plots and writers that care about more than turning out "super-rad" one-liners. In what universe are NBC comedies staring Joe McHale smarter than BBC series with Martin Freedman? This one I guess. WeThis a world were fan-service rubbish like Sherlock has universal acclamation and a show that actually is clever has critics panning it. Community actually is a truly smart show with actual plots and writers that care about more than turning out "super-rad" one-liners. In what universe are NBC comedies staring Joe McHale smarter than BBC series with Martin Freedman? This one I guess. We may be in the worst possible time-stream. everybody cut out a beard. Expand
  4. Jun 8, 2012
    Took me a while to figure out this is the "Arrested Development" of the twenty-teens (or at least the closest thing to AD). Now I'm going back thru seasons one and two and catching episodes I missed.
  5. Jul 2, 2012
    The show gets better and better each season. Donald Glover (Troy) is hilarious every episode with his one liners. You will laugh out loud every episode and quote lines on a daily basis. Gets strange at sometimes but maintains the comedy.
  6. Oct 29, 2012
    this is one of the best comedy shows on the tv. I love it! i'm so happy Comedy Central showing it in the netherlands! Best character for me is Ken Jeong.
  7. Jan 5, 2013
    The smartest sit-com on TV. Filled with tons of little gems but it probably will take viewing a few episodes to get past the sit-com format and see the underlying brilliance.
  8. Nov 20, 2012
    This show is hilarious the only reason i watched it was because of Chevy Chase. This show is a show for everyone, one episode will be western themed, the next a Christmas cartoon themed, and then a musical episode. Then of course the show has "normal" episodes. But what I am trying to say is,it is unlike anything else out there on television.
  9. Jan 29, 2013
    My favourite show on Television right now. Took me a while to get into, but I adore it now. The script is funny and occasionally delightfully offensive. I can understand why people who actually attend community college would be insulted by the 'community college students are all losers' stereotype Community portrays, but I, personally, absolutely adore it.
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    It took me about 6 episodes but I now love this show. It's weird, unique and fresh. Despise Chevy Chase (in general) but absolutely love everyone else.
  11. aev
    Jan 30, 2013
    This show is sooo boring. The actors are not funny at all. I love comedies but this show just really bored me to tears. Plus Joel McHale has gotten so arrogant since he was on The Soup.
  12. Jan 4, 2016
    I discovered this on Hulu last year and wow. This is probably the best show to ever come out on NBC besides Seinfeld. The show has no moral endings, no make you think BS to it, it is just a show that delivers comedy at it's best. This show should have never been cancelled by NBC. Make a movie, this show deserves it.
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    Loved everything about the first 3 episodes, yes I just started but who cares I'm lucky. So far it shows romantic and a funny storyline along with a heartfelt family like study group. Perfect.
  14. May 14, 2013
    This is absolutely the funniest comedy I have ever seen. Previously I had believed that The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Arrested Developments were all excellent comedy shows but Community absolutely blows them out of the water. The writing is fresh, the characters unique and exciting, the plots are fun and engaging, and it all blends together for one of the most hysterical andThis is absolutely the funniest comedy I have ever seen. Previously I had believed that The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Arrested Developments were all excellent comedy shows but Community absolutely blows them out of the water. The writing is fresh, the characters unique and exciting, the plots are fun and engaging, and it all blends together for one of the most hysterical and enjoyable experiences on TV. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a laugh or just for a simple night of entertainment. Expand
  15. Feb 3, 2016
    This show has got off to a very good start introducing memorable characters and throwing them into hilarious situations with the lovable Abed breaking and following every single tv trope.
  16. Aug 22, 2014
    Community is one of my favorite shows of all time. The best part is the show is always managing to find something to do. From D&D to paintball, they never feel like there not doing something awesome. There is an entire episode where they search for a pen in the study room and they even lampshade there in a bottle episode and it is utterly perfect. Theirs an episode with Zombies, threeCommunity is one of my favorite shows of all time. The best part is the show is always managing to find something to do. From D&D to paintball, they never feel like there not doing something awesome. There is an entire episode where they search for a pen in the study room and they even lampshade there in a bottle episode and it is utterly perfect. Theirs an episode with Zombies, three about Blanket forts with one being a pillow fight between the legit country of Pillowtown and Blanketsburg, an episode in a 8-bit video game, and a entire episode showing the creation of seven different timelines depending on who goes to get the pizza. It's the fact that these are all so crazy and weird that the fact they work perfectly and hilariously makes this show the greatest ever willing to do ideas and plots other shows won't touch. The mere fact they can have the group sit in the study room all episode playing D&D, looking for a pen or being interrogated with a lied detector and have it be a highlight of the season makes it perfectly utterly brilliant. The cast is also excellent with Danny Pudi, Donald Glover, and Alison Brie being just awesome. I would go on but I'm running out of words and comparisons to make so you can understand how good it is. Expand
  17. Aug 1, 2013
    The start to one of the best series that has ever aired. The first 6 episodes are poor in comparison to the rest of the series and another comedy series. If you have patience and manage to get past the terrible first episode.
  18. Sep 9, 2013
    One of the most underrated shows in the industry. With the exception of the fourth season, this show is witty, unconventional, and well-written with characters I've come to love. Definitely a show I look forward to (when Dan Harmon writes).
  19. Nov 26, 2013
    This show is extremely funny with a great plot. It has that fresh feeling that actually gives me a fresh feeling. I don't think a show has ever done that in a long time.
  20. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say I was afraid of what would happen to the show after Pierce and Troy left, but this episode [S05 E06] was awesome. The new members of the "greendale seven" are as good as the old ones. Professor Duncan should continue being a regular character. I would love for Abed to start a weird romantic relationship, they could be the new weird 'couple'. All in all, I think that the show is taking an amazing path and I'm really enjoying those old characters coming back. Expand
  21. Oct 20, 2016
    Community, season 1 takes its time to warm up to be fun and interesting. Overall the cast and writers create a hilarious world filled with pop-culture/meta humour.
  22. Nov 23, 2013
    The first season is amazingly funny and characters are great to watch. In later seasons thou it like some dropped the ball and the show turns into a kind of caricature of it self
  23. Dec 11, 2013
    Over the course of its first season, I have really come to like "Community" very much. The highlights of the first season are "Comparative Religion" (episode 12) and "Modern Warfare" (episode 23). Every episode is unique in its own way by either parodying some cult movie or just playing with the dynamics and relationships between the characters.
  24. May 9, 2014
    The best part of a new show is when you truly enjoy every bit of it. Community is this fresh new take on meta humor and great writing that gives this show a whole new following with its brilliant cast and crew.
  25. Feb 14, 2014
    The best comedy show ever...... first 3 episode are a little slow, but after that it's a joy ride. very few shows can match the kind of charisma this show has.
  26. Feb 16, 2014
    Community Season 1 is one of the Best Tv Shows out today, with its smart humor I've never laughed so hard I can easily say this is one of my favorite shows of all time, I'm so glad i found out about this show.
  27. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Some Community episodes are immature, but some are so immature that they're either very good or so ridiculously funny (Paintball War, Zombie Apocalypse, etc.).
  28. Apr 10, 2014
    This is by far the cleverest comedy on tv, dialogs are incredibly witty, the characters development through the 5 seasons has been crazy funny, this is not the tipical sicom and thats precisely its hightlight.
  29. Nov 1, 2014
    This is one of the best comedy TV shows out there. Filled with movie/TV references, spoofs, and many more. Also, acting by Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, and Danny Pudi are excellent. Would definitely recommend to all people who wants a good laugh. Thank god for Yahoo for reviving this show. #sixseasonsandamovie
  30. Feb 21, 2015
    From outrageous Spanish teachers to horrific looking mascots. Greendale is a hilarious take on community college where a group of completely varied students with opposite lifestyles find themselves creating a new study group. I adore the way in which the cast sometimes use dramatic irony where they describe themselves being in the series without their own characters realising it. theFrom outrageous Spanish teachers to horrific looking mascots. Greendale is a hilarious take on community college where a group of completely varied students with opposite lifestyles find themselves creating a new study group. I adore the way in which the cast sometimes use dramatic irony where they describe themselves being in the series without their own characters realising it. the comedy style of the series is impeccable, most of the humour is spontaneous and witty the clever use of this often happens at the end of an episode with the characters Troy and Abed, leaving you wanting more, I really admire the quirky character development and the well used camera fades throughout episodes. community is funny, inspiring and overall a great watch. Go Greendale! Expand
  31. Feb 10, 2016
    One of the best comedies I've had the pleasure of watching. Despite a slump in quality in the last couple of seasons, the writing in this sitcom is phenomenal, second only to the ingenuity of Scrubs. This show creates a connection between the characters and the audience unlike any show I've watched before, and I was truly sad to see it go.
  32. Nov 14, 2016
    I watched It for the first time in 2016 ...years after it's original release date ...and I Love It !
    It is still funny, fresh, fast paced.
    Lots of movie reference and likeable characters.
  33. Jun 18, 2017
    - Review for full Show first, then Season 1 -

Full Show: I don't even know where to start, this show is perfect if you love smart and 'dumb' humor between addressing modern day real world tropes and random screaming, running gags, lovable characters that will make you laugh - shed a tear or sometimes even cry, no 'bottle episodes', good plots, good acting, perfect episode pacing,
    - Review for full Show first, then Season 1 -

Full Show:
    I don't even know where to start, this show is perfect if you love smart and 'dumb' humor between addressing modern day real world tropes and random screaming, running gags, lovable characters that will make you laugh - shed a tear or sometimes even cry, no 'bottle episodes', good plots, good acting, perfect episode pacing, raising moral and ethic values.

If you love or hate TV in general the show is perfect since it is very 'Meta' about it and even about itself, it has extremely 'grounded' - and 'crazy' episodes while managing to stay very real always having reasons to do whatever it does.

Season 1:
    This is the first season of my favourite TV Show ever, so ofcourse i am gonna give it a 10/10, BUT season 1 is truly only worth a 7/10 since it falls very short compared to the complete rest of the series (which has 6 more seasons that easily score 10/10), im not quite sure what happened during production because it has been run by the same showrunner, there are plenty of reasons appearently but i wont go into details on here, since i don't care about production in very early stages of a show, you'll have to google it yourself. It sets up the shows characters really well tho and in the end is a must watch for every that likes the show and wants the full experience, if you are not sure if you'll like it check out some other random episodes from later seasons that dont contain big spoilers and then go back and start watching it from the beginning.

And ofcourse i am going to tell you to watch it, but for real, watch it, it sets a completely new standard for Comedy Shows.

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.