Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Go Greendale! The best comedy show on air. Each episode is a surprise, and humor is bright and quick. The characters have extreme personalities, but this is fun!
    Each week waiting for the new episode, and now I hope that NBC continues it! Please!
  2. Sep 6, 2010
    This is my favorite comedy show since arrested development. Full of references and parodies. Hilarious and superb writing. The paintball episode may be the best in television history.
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    I'll admit the pilot and start of Season 1 may seem very forced but Iove how this show develops! It's one that once I started watching I'd say "one more episode..." to myself. Definitely up there with Arrested Development and Clone High on the humour stakes.
  4. Feb 17, 2012
    There are a few shows that push the boundaries and move into something of a creative realm. This is one of those shows; with constant nods to movies, and othe pop culture it is a show made for and appreciated well. There are episodes that stand out like the Paintball episodes, Abeds claymation episode, and others. Written well and acted well.
  5. Mark
    Dec 4, 2009
    By far and away this (along with Modern Family) are the best new comedies on TV right now.
  6. Feb 13, 2012
    This is the funniest show on television right now. If you are new to the show don't start with the pilot, I really get the feeling that because the pilot sucked they thought it would be scrapped so told the writers to do whatever until they got the axe. After the first run of episodes the show finds its stride so I would really recommend watching this show in case its cancelled for good.
  7. Aug 30, 2012
    it is a great sitcom because you don't have does annoying fake laughs
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    Best comedy currently on NBC. As good as Arrested Development and Modern Family. This show puts Big Bang Theory to shame.
  9. Jan 4, 2016
    I discovered this on Hulu last year and wow. This is probably the best show to ever come out on NBC besides Seinfeld. The show has no moral endings, no make you think BS to it, it is just a show that delivers comedy at it's best. This show should have never been cancelled by NBC. Make a movie, this show deserves it.
  10. May 14, 2013
    This is absolutely the funniest comedy I have ever seen. Previously I had believed that The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Arrested Developments were all excellent comedy shows but Community absolutely blows them out of the water. The writing is fresh, the characters unique and exciting, the plots are fun and engaging, and it all blends together for one of the most hysterical andThis is absolutely the funniest comedy I have ever seen. Previously I had believed that The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Arrested Developments were all excellent comedy shows but Community absolutely blows them out of the water. The writing is fresh, the characters unique and exciting, the plots are fun and engaging, and it all blends together for one of the most hysterical and enjoyable experiences on TV. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a laugh or just for a simple night of entertainment. Expand
  11. Dalton
    Jan 15, 2010
    Community is the first new show in years that I look forward to each week. A great ensemble with quick, witty writing.
  12. AdamsF
    Nov 20, 2009
    Great show that is getting better each week. The characters are loveable and the jokes are fast paced and clever. Sure there are always happy endings but I find myself rooting for the cast so it all works out. Keep it on the air NBC!
  13. OliverO.
    Feb 2, 2010
    I watched one episode and got hooked, one of my favorite shows.
  14. Nov 19, 2010
    Never before in my young life have a seen a show funnier than Community. An enormously funny cast. Danny Pudi's performance is amazing. Why this show wasn't nominated for any Emmy's is beyond me. This show is streets ahead!
  15. Oct 17, 2010
    Its consistency was almost enough to stop watching it, but the series really found itself over the course of the season and provided a couple of perfect parody episodes ("Modern Warfare," "Contemporary American Poultry"). Joel McHale is pitch-perfect and the entire ensemble is great.
  16. Apr 12, 2011
    The absolutely best show on television right now. The first season starts off a little slow as it takes a few episodes for the cast to really find their legs. After the first four or five episodes though it really starts to click on all cylinders and is one of the funniest, most surprisingly touching shows around. The DVD's really hold up to repeated viewings as well. (and it onlyThe absolutely best show on television right now. The first season starts off a little slow as it takes a few episodes for the cast to really find their legs. After the first four or five episodes though it really starts to click on all cylinders and is one of the funniest, most surprisingly touching shows around. The DVD's really hold up to repeated viewings as well. (and it only seems to be getting better as the second season has been just as good as the first)

The whole cast is amazing but I would like to give a special recognition to Donald Glover as Troy. Dude is hilarious. Also Alison Brie, I love you! Please marry me! :-P

Highlight episodes of the first season include: Modern Warfare, American Poultry

(for the second season I highly recommend the Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas; there are a bunch of others too but that one is really good)
  17. JohnD.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Great potential for a terrific comedy show. All the characters seem to have backstories that I'm very interested in finding out as the series progresses. No one in show biz comes near Joel's comic timing and delivery. This show can only get better. Loved it.
  18. Sep 7, 2010
    One of the funniest shows on TV right now along with The Big Bang Theory. Danny Pudi (Abed) should be considered a top contender for an Emmy next year. One of the best ensemble casts since Friends in my opinion. You can never go wrong with Chevy Chase. Side note: Alison Brie...Wow...I want to kiss her face.
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    This is my favorite TV show. the role of Chevy Chase as Peirce Hawthorne perfectly fits him. I love the community. The characters might be middle aged or in their 20's but they sure know a lot about comedy. :))
  20. Oct 23, 2011
    Honestly the best comedy on TV right now. Funny, insightful and often thought provoking, Community works on many emotional levels. I look forward to it every week and hope that people give it the chance it deserves. In a world full of people who think The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are the epitome of comedy, we need more shows like Community willing to push the boundaries andHonestly the best comedy on TV right now. Funny, insightful and often thought provoking, Community works on many emotional levels. I look forward to it every week and hope that people give it the chance it deserves. In a world full of people who think The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are the epitome of comedy, we need more shows like Community willing to push the boundaries and try something new. Expand
  21. Sep 5, 2010
    As an avid tv buff I'd place this somewhere in the realm of Friends, Scrubs and Arrested Development in different ways. Likable Characters, Witty banter, Good Spoofing of pop culture, and overall a win in my book. With my expierience in seeing great shows that gather a cult following only after having been canceled ( Dead Like Me, Pushing Up Daisies, Better Off Ted ) , I hope that theAs an avid tv buff I'd place this somewhere in the realm of Friends, Scrubs and Arrested Development in different ways. Likable Characters, Witty banter, Good Spoofing of pop culture, and overall a win in my book. With my expierience in seeing great shows that gather a cult following only after having been canceled ( Dead Like Me, Pushing Up Daisies, Better Off Ted ) , I hope that the execs read these user reviews on Metacritic and see that this is what we want to see. Expand
  22. Oct 8, 2010
    This smart, upbeat show, takes us on a great sitcom adventure. Not a dull moment in the show! One of the best comidies since "The Big Bang Theory". The show is witty and creative and should be nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy. The acting is superb and amazing. This is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and I hope you guys get a chance to watch it.
  23. AlbertN.
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show is brilliant. It might be a good way to test intelligence. The less intelligent being individuals who didn't find the show funny/ entertaining. If you love Jay Leno and reruns of Full House, this might not be the show for you.
  24. SaraS
    Oct 14, 2009
    Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory right off the bat, and I consider it analogous to getting to know someone new at college, a little at a time. It doesn't seem cliche or hacky, and I'm glad that NBC is finally showing another show that I can watch, besides The Office. Expand
  25. Justin
    Dec 12, 2009
    The funniest show on tv this fall, hands down!! My thursday is not complete without watching a episode of Community!!
  26. katT
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's not making fun of community college, rob. this is the best comedy on tv! so smart it doesn't need any musical number fillers.
  27. KevinH
    Oct 27, 2009
    The most astoundingnly clever comedy to grace the small screen since Seinfeld was king.
  28. DotF.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really enjoyed this show. I laughed a lot. Even Chevy Chase was funny. It's been a long time since I could say that!
  29. Jayson
    Sep 26, 2009
    The show is a hit. Joel McHale does an excellent job along with the rest of the cast. Thank goodness NBC took a chance because they hit it out of the park!
  30. MikeC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Haven't laughed so hard at a TV show since Arrested Development! Carpe diem!

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.