8.0

1. Jan 17, 2013
    The lead actress is appealing, and I'm interested in the time travel implications of certain actions. It's not brain-dead TV like so much else we're seeing. Let's go.
  2. KDB
    May 27, 2013
    While production values are pretty good the politics behind this show are frankly reprehensible. Premise: in the year 2077 the governments of the Western world are indebted to the corporations that bailed them out financially. As a result things like freedom of assembly and freedom of expression no longer exist. People fighting against this fascist system are labeled "terrorists" and ourWhile production values are pretty good the politics behind this show are frankly reprehensible. Premise: in the year 2077 the governments of the Western world are indebted to the corporations that bailed them out financially. As a result things like freedom of assembly and freedom of expression no longer exist. People fighting against this fascist system are labeled "terrorists" and our protagonist is a cop defending this totalitarian regime.
    The "character development" is monochromatic and stupid; good guys are pretty, bad guys are ethnic or have a scar or something. Good guys protect an oppressive government and bad guys think they don't have to obey corporate interests.
    "Continuum" is just shy of blatant NAZI propaganda.
    This show is offensive. It bodes poorly for the fate of the modern world.
  3. Jan 22, 2013
    This series is very promising, not the least because it is set in Vancouver. I really like Rachel Nichols. I had this feeling that I had seen her before, and sure enough, it turned out that she was the Orion cadet in Star Trek. She also has a passing resemblance to Jodie Foster, which is a real recommendation for her although I guess that's not relevant. The premise of the show is wellThis series is very promising, not the least because it is set in Vancouver. I really like Rachel Nichols. I had this feeling that I had seen her before, and sure enough, it turned out that she was the Orion cadet in Star Trek. She also has a passing resemblance to Jodie Foster, which is a real recommendation for her although I guess that's not relevant. The premise of the show is well thought-out, and the first two episodes were entertaining, although I'm not sure they were entirely consistent. Good special effects and excellent, mostly Canadian, supporting cast, including the inimitable Smoking Man from X-Files (William B. Davis), and Tony Amendola of Stargate fame. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of Season One, and am glad to learn that the series has already been picked up for a second season. Lots of potential here. Expand
  4. Apr 23, 2013
    I'm sorry, but it is not worth of an 8.1. It's a boring, cheesy cop show with a girl with future devices. There is no real substance. Overall, it is one of SYFY's disappointments, which the channel is slowly becoming famous for.
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    I wanted this series to be much better than it is, it has potential. It start really strong. High production value, good acting, decent character development. But it looses depth and becomes average out as the first season progresses. By all means if you like scifi watch it there are certainly worse shows out there.
  6. Jan 22, 2013
    The show seems promising with the good casting and good set locations . The actress seems pretty good that is not some teeny bopper emo that is trying to hard. Let's hope SyFy gives it a chance.
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    After reading the review in the NYTimes, I expected near Battlestar Galactica quality... after all both were filmed in Vancouver. This show suffers from terrible writing and 2 dimensional acting. Awful.
  8. Feb 14, 2013
    I personally am a fan. I also have already watched the whole season on-line(since it is originally a Canadian show). It's my newer Sci-Fi fix especially since Fringe is over! I suggest you at least give it a try.
  9. Aug 24, 2013
    The show has an interesting premise and is entertaining for the most part. A common criticism of the show is that it puts the viewer in a position to sympathize with and root for an oppressive government regime. That's not something you see often in TV shows. The plot does have a slight conservative slant. I don't see this as a problem though and I don't think the creators are reallyThe show has an interesting premise and is entertaining for the most part. A common criticism of the show is that it puts the viewer in a position to sympathize with and root for an oppressive government regime. That's not something you see often in TV shows. The plot does have a slight conservative slant. I don't see this as a problem though and I don't think the creators are really trying to make a political statement. I think the way the show presents political ideas is similar to how Breaking Bad puts you in a position to sympathize with drug dealers, but doesn't justify it morally. It's just the world the characters operate in. However, considering the unanimous praise the show seems to get from users, I was expecting something with a bit more production value. If you haven't seen the show, don't go into it expecting something on the level of Breaking Bad or the Sopranos. You have to remember that SYFY shows like this tend to draw in a dedicated and obsessive base of fan boys. The overall story is okay, but the dialogue is contrived, unnatural and grating to the ear at times. I even felt embarrassed for the actors in some scenes. Rachel Nichols tries to add some emotional dimension to her character by getting teary eyed at the end of every episode, but it just doesn't work for me. The visual effects are good on the pilot episode, but mostly unremarkable for the rest of the series. If you can disregard the major plot holes, banal dialogue and low production value, it's a relatively entertaining show. But I don't see how anyone can rate it 10 stars. Seriously kids, there's a whole world out there beyond this cheap syfy kitsch. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I do like the show but there is one major problem with it. The show seems to have violated the Information Paradox. One example is Julian's tattoo. He sees it on Kagame's arm but later we learn that Kagame got the idea for the tattoo from an elderly Julian he meets in jail, in the future. So, where did the idea of the tattoo come from? Nowhere. Expand
  11. Jun 20, 2013
    While some of the complaints about acting and "one-dimensional" storytelling may have been valid after one or two episodes, after watching the first season on Netflix I have come to appreciate the multifaceted characters and deep story. Can't wait for the story to unfold! It is definitely NOT a fail. The characters really developed in the first season and the production value is high,While some of the complaints about acting and "one-dimensional" storytelling may have been valid after one or two episodes, after watching the first season on Netflix I have come to appreciate the multifaceted characters and deep story. Can't wait for the story to unfold! It is definitely NOT a fail. The characters really developed in the first season and the production value is high, plus the story is like a rabbit hole that continues to get deeper. I will continue with Continuum. Expand
  12. May 11, 2013
    Not sure why this show gets so little attention! This is better than any new show action/scify this TV season on US networks. I'm definitely a fan already!
  13. Sep 7, 2013
    Has a few sci-fi tropes but extremely engaging and very entertaining. Definitely worth a watch, if you're a sci-fi fan looking to fill the gap between shows.
  14. Oct 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. They want us to root for the fascists? Really? I'll admit it's packaged well, but the basic premise is that the "bad" guys are fighting an oppressive corporate oligarchy. They are presented as thugs (like all freedom fighters?) and their methods are questionable (kill lots of people to assassinate the leaders), but the underlying conflict is between them and a government that has thrown human rights out the window. Freedom of Speech, Search and Seizure, Right to Bear Arms, etc. Full disclosure - I've only watched one episode, but frankly, that was enough. Expand
  15. Apr 2, 2013
    Continuum has a fantastic base. Rachel Nichols is a fantastic actress to play the lead and is a solid character. I want to continue to see more character development for sure, but she keeps us completely engaged. I get tripped out sometimes trying to think between the future and the past and how things will ripple through time...so it is definitely enjoyable and worth the watch.
  16. May 7, 2013
    I wasn't sure about this one in the beginning of the series, but the series has developed really well. At times I think the writers or FX guys over-do it a bit. But most of the times it is catchy, well written, well acted and an episode is over before you know it. To me that is a sign of a quality series.
  17. Oct 15, 2013
    I have never in my live been more excited to watch a show. I only watch 1-2 episodes a day each day im more excited to watch the next episode. I love the storyline its science fiction/time travel/cop show all rolled into one. Quite possible be the best show I have ever seen. I would recommend it to all, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry. Its hard to say who is the bad guys andI have never in my live been more excited to watch a show. I only watch 1-2 episodes a day each day im more excited to watch the next episode. I love the storyline its science fiction/time travel/cop show all rolled into one. Quite possible be the best show I have ever seen. I would recommend it to all, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry. Its hard to say who is the bad guys and who the good guys are. Its up to you to decide which side you think is right. You can find it on Netflix and its worth it to give it a try! Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    The show is very promising and starts out great. Sadly this show some what fails to live up to its promise and the first season gets gradually worse as it progresses.
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    When I first started watching this, it looked so original. Continuum is a true sci-fi show. The acting is good. Continuum is set in 2012. An organization, called Liber8, seeks to eradicate innocent people. It involves good versus evil. There are realistic elements.
  20. Sep 23, 2014
    kudos, canadians

Season 1 introduced a police show without the usually gross tedium.

Time travel without Timey Whimey (tm) but alternative Scientifical explanations was a most welcome change.
  21. Nov 4, 2014
    The story line is good so far and has some good actors in it as well as a beautiful main character. It's neat to see some of the stuff from the future(not saying it's going to happen), but it's definitely interesting to watch. This is one TV show that has stayed interesting so far through every season. I will tell you that sometimes in the show when they show flashbacks or just the actingThe story line is good so far and has some good actors in it as well as a beautiful main character. It's neat to see some of the stuff from the future(not saying it's going to happen), but it's definitely interesting to watch. This is one TV show that has stayed interesting so far through every season. I will tell you that sometimes in the show when they show flashbacks or just the acting itself gets emotional as you feel like you're there watching it unfold. You should definitely take the time to watch this series as it's a very good one, especially since they seem to have a lack of interesting shows on at the moment. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jan 14, 2013
    If Continuum doesn't aim to soar, it executes the basics well.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jan 14, 2013
    The pilot looks pretty impressive in the future, but after that, it's a fairly standard copshow, other than the bionic-type gizmos Kiera brings to the fight.