• Network: BBC America
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 19, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.3

1. Nov 9, 2012
    God tv series, nice to see the old version of New York.Sherlock Holmes taste, I found a very successful,you can see a sharp time of the beginning of capitalism and racism
  2. Sep 3, 2012
    TV is littered with cop/detective shows set in modern time attempting to find a niche to get people to watch something more than once. It is so difficult to make a unique show, if they find success they copy it and add a city's name to make it sound different. This is a detective show, but it delivers a special treat way the way of very brave producers. They have taken on the immense task of delivering a time and place most know little about. This show delivers the same caliber of acting and writing, if not better, than our normal dramas. But adding to this is a very accurate depiction of two sides of 1865 New York. We are given dynamic characters with real flaws and vices. The struggle is honest without being over the top.

We should all judge the merits of the show after watching a few episodes, the efforts of the crew deserve this much.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 31, 2012
    Copper lacks the brains or kick to lift it above being a period piece. [10 Sep 2012, p.41]
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    So far, it's certainly no "Homicide," in which the dialogue was always crisp and unexpected.... But when Copper puts down its billy clubs and delves deeper into its characters, the series has great possibilities.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Aug 21, 2012
    The second hour is more engrossing than the first, and is easily rich enough to keep us coming back for more.