Copper : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. Jun 2, 2013
    I've seen most of the episodes, and found the series to be a great idea sloppily executed. The pawnbroker character, in particular, is about the crudest racial stereotype you will find on American TV.
  2. Sep 10, 2012
    I have been watching "Copper" since it started and thought it was a fair, C+ show. After watching this sunday's episode,9/9, I will no longer be recording it. The one Jewish character is the most negative stereotype I have ever seen on a network program. What makes this so reprehensible is that there are no other Jews depicted on the show. There are multi-character blacks, Irish andI have been watching "Copper" since it started and thought it was a fair, C+ show. After watching this sunday's episode,9/9, I will no longer be recording it. The one Jewish character is the most negative stereotype I have ever seen on a network program. What makes this so reprehensible is that there are no other Jews depicted on the show. There are multi-character blacks, Irish and others but only one Jew who is a pawn broker who lies for money. Does "Copper" have another agenda besides telling a story? Too bad this goes unnoticed by the reviewers. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 31, 2012
    Copper lacks the brains or kick to lift it above being a period piece. [10 Sep 2012, p.41]
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    So far, it's certainly no "Homicide," in which the dialogue was always crisp and unexpected.... But when Copper puts down its billy clubs and delves deeper into its characters, the series has great possibilities.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Aug 21, 2012
    The second hour is more engrossing than the first, and is easily rich enough to keep us coming back for more.