• Network: ABC , TBS
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.3

1. Mar 12, 2011
    BOYCOTT. MISOGYNY.

The term Cougar is just another woman-hating, woman-loathing, undermining put-down. Courtney Cox - Shame on you! Were you really that desperate for work you had sell-out your own sex to get it?
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    The show started off as crass and distractingly sexual, but morphed into a wonderful dysfunctional ensemble comedy as the season progressed. Busy Phillips and Christa Miller are two of the finest supporting comedy actresses on television. And despite the silliness of the show, it has a weird capability of executing really emotional, heartfelt episodes well.
  3. Jun 12, 2011
    It also annoys me that people have something against the name. It's just a title! This comedy is quick, sharp and unexpected and the characters all gel really well. The story advances slowly which is the best thing to do for a 30 minute show lasting 22 episodes because it leaves them enough time to put in different character learning episodes where we connect with the character more.
  4. Mar 2, 2011
    I think this is difficult series to get into. The Pilot is awful! It's very shallow, promotes negative values and starts being quite demeaning to women... but it does get better. Each character will eventually find her/his voice and the one liners become funnier. Season 2 is much better.
  5. aev
    Feb 5, 2013
    This show is so terrible. The acting is the worst (Courtney Cox needs to get a hint). The jokes are boring, and the alcoholism shown as it was so funny it's just sad. I really do not understand how this show got to come back to tv.
  6. Aug 21, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Courtney Cox desperately grinds out horrendous writing and ridiculously plays along with an agonizingly terrible supporting cast, especially the wretched Busy Phillips. I cannot express how terrible this show is, the worst on television.
  7. Jul 25, 2011
    Really enjoyed this show - recently finished watching the first 2 series. The first couple of episodes are a little awakward and don't really work very well, but once the show hits its stride a few episodes into the first season it does become very funny. The second season was great. Have to say I love Christa Miller - granted her character is very much like her Scrubs character but she nails it.

I think the title is off putting and you can see in the first couple of episodes they had trouble with the series concept and its relation to the title, but once they move beyond that the comedy does improve dramatically.

Penny-Can!!!
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    This is the funniest show ever!!! Every episode is hilarious and the characters are very lovable. Don't be fooled by the title, the show has almost nothing to do with older women chasing younger guys.
    The show's sense of humor is definitely not typical of modern media, it would probably only appeal to certain people. Nonetheless, i LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It's hard to compare it to any other,
    since it's so inherently unique, but i recommend that anyone who likes shows like 30 Rock watch it. Expand
  9. Jan 28, 2011
    Cougar Town is really funny. The characters are just hilarious enough to make you burst into laughter because of the smart play of words and excellent acting by the actors. It is just unfortunate that it is being judged on the title alone and that people do not see how relevant the issues tackled in Cougar Town are. Moreover, the Season 2 is really touching but still funny. The Pilot is not a good basis for the show because it has continuously improved in so many aspects in so many levels. This is one of those shows that can make you laugh and cry in the same episode and get the message across. Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2011
    I find this show very entertaining. I don't know why they chose the title, it is definitely unfortunate, but otherwise, the writing is really sharp and funny and the actors do a good job. (It's certainly 100 times better than the last several seasons of Friends.)
  11. Mar 8, 2012
    Bill Lawrence's brand of comedy is the closest you'll get to real-life dialogue between friends. The scenarios, the inside jokes, the laughs, the tears are all there just as they are in your daily lives. Cougar Town embraces going through life by surround yourself with your closest friends and that's why it's so great. Like Scrubs before it, Bill Lawrence has made another group of TV characters you would want to spend your time with. Expand
  12. Feb 11, 2014
    Awful, awful, awful! Maybe in the minority, but this is possibly the most painful "comedy" show I have watched in a while. It was cancelled and picked up by TBS. But it is still terrible.
  13. Apr 18, 2011
    This show is just fantastic. Get over the name people! It doesn't have anything to do with older women banging out young dudes. It is a show about friendship, family and booze. What else in life is important? Do yourself a favor and invest some time getting to know and appreciate this show. You'll thank me later. JPC
  14. May 25, 2011
    This show is shockingly bad. The dialogue is forced, predictable, cliched and just not funny. The few times I've seen it, I just cannot believe that this is what is being presented as entertainment. Please cancel this show, it is just terrible.
  15. Aug 22, 2011
    At first I thought this was a bit of a chick-flick but after the first ten minutes of the first episodes I really Got into it and started laughing not being able to stop but yeah i found this very good so that's why i give it the 10 because it does deserve and i understand it's not every ones cup of tea but it's still good to me!
  16. Feb 10, 2012
    While it does take a while to get into (I actually started with season 2, then watched the first season), this cast on this show is wonderful. The premise is a tad superficial, yet strangely appropriate for the chosen setting. I love the complicated relationships between the characters, and the expected behaviour between others (I'm a sucker for familiarity on shows). Overall, highly entertaining and makes me laugh plenty. Expand
  17. May 7, 2012
    Bad. Uncomfortable scenes seem to be Cougar Town's order of the day. These can be great if done with style, but unfortunately, the sort of level of crazy desperation shown by the central character seems to make the whole thing a little farcical. Farce can be great for a few minutes, but please don't make a TV series out of it.
  18. Jan 3, 2014
    I just don't like it! Loved friends, it's just the women have very annoying personalities. The guys not so bad. I don't think it will go far. At least I hope not. I have tried several times to watch it. The commercials. Change the brew statement (is that what they are saying). Courtney dresses terrible stripe tees and high heels. They look like dirty women. Please bring back House of Payne and the Browns. Family shows. Expand
  19. Jan 11, 2014
    A bunch of old actors trying to hard. Courtney Cox's character is just one huge alcoholic who doesn't work, along with everyone else in the show? Stupid comedy and a waste of money to make.

1. Reviewed by: Alasdair Wilkins
    Jan 6, 2014
    Five seasons in, Cougar Town may not have many new points to make about its characters, but those viewers already convinced of the show’s charms will find the show as amusing and entertaining as ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    What we have is a light, fast show about friends and couples who hang together, banter together and drink together. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    This is a story of desperation, not liberation. Cox is too good for this.