• Network: ABC , TBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.3

1. Aug 21, 2010
    Absolutely awful. Courtney Cox desperately grinds out horrendous writing and ridiculously plays along with an agonizingly terrible supporting cast, especially the wretched Busy Phillips. I cannot express how terrible this show is, the worst on television.
  2. Mar 12, 2011
    BOYCOTT. MISOGYNY.

The term Cougar is just another woman-hating, woman-loathing, undermining put-down. Courtney Cox - Shame on you! Were you really that desperate for work you had sell-out your own sex to get it?
  3. May 25, 2011
    This show is shockingly bad. The dialogue is forced, predictable, cliched and just not funny. The few times I've seen it, I just cannot believe that this is what is being presented as entertainment. Please cancel this show, it is just terrible.
  4. May 7, 2012
    Bad. Uncomfortable scenes seem to be Cougar Town's order of the day. These can be great if done with style, but unfortunately, the sort of level of crazy desperation shown by the central character seems to make the whole thing a little farcical. Farce can be great for a few minutes, but please don't make a TV series out of it.
  5. aev
    Feb 5, 2013
    This show is so terrible. The acting is the worst (Courtney Cox needs to get a hint). The jokes are boring, and the alcoholism shown as it was so funny it's just sad. I really do not understand how this show got to come back to tv.
  6. Feb 11, 2014
    Awful, awful, awful! Maybe in the minority, but this is possibly the most painful "comedy" show I have watched in a while. It was cancelled and picked up by TBS. But it is still terrible.
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    I just don't like it! Loved friends, it's just the women have very annoying personalities. The guys not so bad. I don't think it will go far. At least I hope not. I have tried several times to watch it. The commercials. Change the brew statement (is that what they are saying). Courtney dresses terrible stripe tees and high heels. They look like dirty women. Please bring back House of Payne and the Browns. Family shows. Expand
  8. Jan 11, 2014
    A bunch of old actors trying to hard. Courtney Cox's character is just one huge alcoholic who doesn't work, along with everyone else in the show? Stupid comedy and a waste of money to make.

1. Reviewed by: Alasdair Wilkins
    Jan 6, 2014
    Five seasons in, Cougar Town may not have many new points to make about its characters, but those viewers already convinced of the show’s charms will find the show as amusing and entertaining as ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    What we have is a light, fast show about friends and couples who hang together, banter together and drink together. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    This is a story of desperation, not liberation. Cox is too good for this.