• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 23, 2006
3.7

1. BillS
    Feb 4, 2006
    I so wanted to be able to rate this show high. I kept looking, almost struggling to laugh. This shows that you can have great actors and still not be funny. I'll give it one more chance, but last episode my wife had to wake me up half way through the show. How dissappointing.
  2. PuppiM.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Jenna good, Englishman good, Scott terrible, rest ok. story catastrophic, jokes old.
  3. mroger
    Jan 30, 2006
    Bland show, no chemistry between jenna & josh. The plot is really thin and the jokes aren't that funny. Very predictable and tired of it already.
  4. charlotter
    Mar 6, 2006
    this show is just terrible. out of practice as so much fun to watch.
  5. DawneG
    Jan 31, 2006
    Courting Alex is the same show we've all seen before, Out Of Practice is definetly geared to the mid 20-30's crowd and is extremely witty. It's time for Couring Alex to be Courted off.
  6. JWarner
    Feb 7, 2006
    The comedy is absolutely missing and you dont even have eyecandy to at least keep you entertained for the 30 mins.
  7. KeaneG
    Aug 4, 2006
    Very disappointing, the show seems to be struggling to come up with its own original new jokes. For example the fever Alex's father had was similar to the one off of Friends when Monica was ill. They both try to pretend that they are not ill but unfortunately it was only funny the first time. This time is just a drag! Sorry but this show seems as though it is going to flop like the Very disappointing, the show seems to be struggling to come up with its own original new jokes. For example the fever Alex's father had was similar to the one off of Friends when Monica was ill. They both try to pretend that they are not ill but unfortunately it was only funny the first time. This time is just a drag! Sorry but this show seems as though it is going to flop like the Joey spin off. Expand
  8. RoyM
    Jan 24, 2006
    I think "Courting Alex" is going to be one of he best new shows of the season,generally new sitcoms don't last,but I think "Courting Alex"will lastwith the comedic talents of Jenna Elfman & Dabney Coleman ,and a strong lead-in("Two And A Half Men")
  9. PatriceM
    Jan 30, 2006
    I really liked the cast, however, what's missing is more comedy. The writing was very hit and miss. Both Elfman and Coleman shine--but will that be enough??
    Feb 1, 2006
    What a stinker
  11. DonH
    Mar 6, 2006
    I enjoyed Elfman and of course Coleman, their doing a good job at that time slot. It's an enjoyable quick half hour.
  12. OrionFan
    Apr 13, 2006
    A 2 only because can watch Jenna. Othewise dull, and awful. I enjoyed Dharma much more. Finally turned the second episode off halfway thru. Very disappointing.
  13. rogerp
    Jan 23, 2006
    disappointing first show..cast very likeable..script very very bad..really Like Jenna and Josh.R. .they deserve much better to work with....Josh is a former stockbrocker/smoke jumper/now bartender???? yah, that's real...Dabney is always fun..Jillian and Josh S look promising..Hugh was trying far too hard. I'll watch again, but it better get better....
  14. barryj
    Jan 23, 2006
    loved it wiil watch again
  15. LauraS
    Jan 24, 2006
    I really liked it and Jenna Elfman was great and I liked her father on the show also!!
  16. LisaB
    Jan 31, 2006
    I love it!! It is funny, endearing, clever, and I will watch it every week! It's such a refreshing departure from the pathetic list of network offerings!
  17. JoyceP
    Jan 31, 2006
    I LUV Jenna...but the show is really lame. Jenna has absolutely no chemistry with Josh. It's painful to watch them together.
  18. LeonardJ
    Feb 28, 2006
    Jenna once again shows us her talent in this fresh comedy.

The cast is a fine one. The chemistry works between Elfman and Randall. The weakness of "Alex's" premiere -- and not future episodes, I hope -- is the overwrought script.
  2. Jenna Elfman really has to put a bag over it--her notorious “cute,” I mean.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    An inoffensive but not particularly distinguished half-hour.