Covert Affairs : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 13, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.2

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Oh, what will Annie do next? She'll most likely break some sort of CIA protocol while ignoring an order and still manage to save the day with the help of her blind friend. Oh, yeah, and don't forget about Ben, the rogue agent, who is nothing like Annie. He'll pop up with another dilemma that forces Annie to choose her trusted CIA or the man who she has spent three weeks with. Hmmm. WhatOh, what will Annie do next? She'll most likely break some sort of CIA protocol while ignoring an order and still manage to save the day with the help of her blind friend. Oh, yeah, and don't forget about Ben, the rogue agent, who is nothing like Annie. He'll pop up with another dilemma that forces Annie to choose her trusted CIA or the man who she has spent three weeks with. Hmmm. What will she do? I think we already know. Expand
  2. MartinS
    Jul 16, 2010
    Fantastic cast but familiar story. Does anybody honestly believe the C.I.A. are the good guys anymore?
  3. Aug 29, 2010
    Neither a super-spy fantasy like "La Femme Nikita" nor a serious analytical affair like "Rubicon", "Covert Affairs" plays like "Moonlighting: Langley". This domestic (?) part of the CIA employs only extremely good-looking people who solve huge threats to the national security which conveniently gather in a 50 mile circle around (a badly made CGI wide shot of) their headquarters so thatNeither a super-spy fantasy like "La Femme Nikita" nor a serious analytical affair like "Rubicon", "Covert Affairs" plays like "Moonlighting: Langley". This domestic (?) part of the CIA employs only extremely good-looking people who solve huge threats to the national security which conveniently gather in a 50 mile circle around (a badly made CGI wide shot of) their headquarters so that they still have the time to go for a drink with their colleagues and lie to their families about what they do. Fortunately, the always adorable Piper Perabo offsets the annoying male models around her. Less fun than the first season of "Burn Notice", but watchable if you like your spy stories light, fluffy and forgettable. Expand
  4. Sep 18, 2010
    This show to me is a poor copy of Alias, more like "Alias-Lite", but I find the acting a bit weak and Annie just doesn't do it for me as a covert agent. I think I was spoiled by Jennifer Garner and after watching Nikita, this show just is weak. It's the only way I can describe it.
  5. JoanN
    Jul 16, 2010
    Annie Walker is a cliche--only 27 years old, speaks seven languages, aces her training tests, outsmarts everyone around her, and, oh yes, she's blond, beautiful and secy. How often have we seen that done!
  6. Nov 3, 2010
    From the promotion and the looks of it this show showed some promise but it never picked up. It was mediocre at best. That only tells me that maybe I've watched way to many spy or cop shows and that it would take something remarkable to impress me.

The mood is bright and whimsical--easy to take and just as easy to forget.
  2. Right from the start, Perabo's Annie Walker is after a foreign agent, ''one of the most danger- ous men in the world.'' Yes, the dialogue spells things out like that.
  3. Unfortunately, whoever developed this show couldn't trust the audience to accept Piper Perabo's character as strong enough to get out of a pickle or two without male intervention. I won't reveal how, because the first episode is otherwise very enjoyable, thanks to a solid supporting cast including "O.C." dad Peter Gallagher, Kari Matchett and former WB/UPN heartthrob Christopher Gorham.