Creature Comforts : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. JustinV
    Oct 25, 2007
    This was an excellent show. If I wasn't laughing out loud (I did), I had a permanent grin on my face.
  2. LukeW.
    Aug 21, 2007
    This was the dumbest show i have ever seen. The guy that is saying that this is better than Seinfeld is an idiot this show should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Seinfeld.
  3. TedJ
    Aug 10, 2007
    Sigh. Only the good die young. *Loved* this show. I was worried that it wouldn't hold a candle to the original, but, amazingly, I found it just as side-tickling! It woudl sure be nice to see the rest of the episodes.
  4. LindaM
    Jul 17, 2007
    This show is delightful and innovative and CBS made a huge mistake pulling it off the air before most people even had a chance to watch a single episode.
  5. NanetteB.
    Jul 15, 2007
    This show was so dang funny. What happened to it??? BRING IT BACK!!!!!!
  6. LanceS.
    Jul 7, 2007
    This show was hilarious! I hope CBS puts it on the fall 2007 schedule.
  7. BarryN.
    Jul 6, 2007
    What a crock! Any way those of us who appreciate dry wit and humor could see the remaining episodes? Once again the networks have managed to trash the good and keep the bad. Shades of Seinfeld, who by pure luck managed to survive the "too quick to judge mentality" ! Unfortunately, this didn't. Oh well, it really doesn't matter, if it had been kept they would just have shuffled What a crock! Any way those of us who appreciate dry wit and humor could see the remaining episodes? Once again the networks have managed to trash the good and keep the bad. Shades of Seinfeld, who by pure luck managed to survive the "too quick to judge mentality" ! Unfortunately, this didn't. Oh well, it really doesn't matter, if it had been kept they would just have shuffled it from night to night until no one knew when it aired, then dumped because of bad ratings. Expand
  8. suwats
    Jul 3, 2007
    It had me laughing from beginning to end .... my friends enjoyed it as well. It's a shame it was cancelled -- but that seems to fit. If I seem to enjoy it, it probably won't make it, at least on network . Guess I'll go walk the dog..
  9. StephanieT.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Why when such a Great show, you go and cancel? We don't need to see 2 Old Christines or anything else for the matter...You finally have a hit and Cancel it...I never heard of such a thing and I am not alone...VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT WATCH CHANNEL 12 UNTIL YOU PEOPLE SMARTEN UP
  10. ComfortLover
    Jun 25, 2007
    This show is wonderful!! My mom, husband & myself absolutly love this show. I have just heard that it was cancelled, effective immediately!! How sad is that. Most people that I have talked to love it as well. Who were they listening to when they decided to pull it? I will miss it greatly!
  11. AnitaW
    Jun 25, 2007
    One of the most refreshing shows on TV. You do have to have a sense of subtlety to appreciate it. Another reviewer hit it on the head: if you can't understand how brilliant this is, just return to Two and a Half Men or something of that ilk. This show made me return to watching TV. Now that it's cancelled, I've got an hour to do something else on Monday night.
  12. WallaceGromit
    Jun 15, 2007
    Color me impressed. I always wished the dry British sensibility would make it to our shores. The selection of comments and suitable clay models give us an always entertaining, often astoundingly brilliant look at Americans and their eccentricities. This may well be the best animated series currently on television...
  13. JonathanT
    Jun 15, 2007
    much funnier on tv than on the internet Did not know anything about it, and came upon it accidentially, and really enjoyed it.
  14. LindaN
    Jun 15, 2007
    if this is the best that CBS could do, they must be hard up to fill a 1/2 hr. slot. All I can say is I hope you didn't pay much to get this script/show going. Really the opening shot with 2 dogs sniffing another dogs behind. Really, now is that funny? entertaining? NO. I could do better with my eyes closed!
  15. BrianF
    Jun 14, 2007
    Very strong translation from the British original. The subtleties of the animation are what make the show. That, and reading between the lines as to the backgrounds of the interviewees.
  16. TomB
    Jun 13, 2007
    Don't miss this opportunity to see lobsters, anteaters, spiders, owls, pigs, vultures, bees, vipers, dogs, cats, walking sticks, sharks, polar bears and penguins discuss life and death, art, sex and more.... truly different commentary on the world. Meet the animal (or bug) within us all....
  17. RogerS
    Jun 13, 2007
    Another attempt to humanize animals . PETA action?
  18. ChristianG
    Jun 13, 2007
    Brilliant and funny. Genuinely laugh out loud.
  19. MARYH
    Jun 13, 2007
    Mediocore boring. Doesn't hold my interest at all. It's a good half hour to get chores done.
  20. PhilQ
    Jun 13, 2007
    WOW, what a bomb. I eagerly had anticipated the show, the promos looked great, but it really stank up the place. I like all kinds of humor, but the majority of the monotone dialouge was like torture.
  21. TylerS
    Jun 12, 2007
    People that do not think this show is hilarious just don't get it... period. If you want regurgiated humor spoonfed to you, then do not watch this show. It is so refreshing to have a show where you have to actually use your brain sometimes in order to get the joke. True there are some downright blatant jokes, but that just keeps it mixed up. I love this show, and if you have half a People that do not think this show is hilarious just don't get it... period. If you want regurgiated humor spoonfed to you, then do not watch this show. It is so refreshing to have a show where you have to actually use your brain sometimes in order to get the joke. True there are some downright blatant jokes, but that just keeps it mixed up. I love this show, and if you have half a brain, you will too! Expand
  22. RaymondM
    Jun 12, 2007
    This show is the worst ive ever seen I dont know who's paying who for the rave reviews what else can I say it sucks!
  23. AndreiR
    Jun 12, 2007
    There were some funny moments in the first episode but I'm wondering how this show is going to sustain itself as an ongoing serial.
  24. MPrindle
    Jun 10, 2007
    How dumb! My wife and I watched the first episode and were thinking, this is funny? I can possibly see that the British version was good, but the Americanized version is just dumb. Can American producers not come up with there own ideas for shows?
  25. BillW
    Jun 10, 2007
    Just horrible. I normally like this sort of thing, but the execution was miserable. I watched the whole show hoping they would hit their stride, but was disappointed. I'll watch it one more time, sometimes these types of shows take a while to build. But I'm not very hopeful.
  26. carlenes
    Jun 9, 2007
    How could anyone with a dog not be grabbed by the opening sniffs! This show kept us laughing the whole half hour - we were clay in their paws. More than a little of the same humor as Christopher Guest's mockumentaries.
  27. GregD
    Jun 8, 2007
    Fans of NPR's "This American Life" will love this show. It shows that average people are interesting, the animation just enhances that.
  28. JorgeV
    Jun 7, 2007
    Wonderfully droll. The combination of interviews and animal actions leads to either blatant hilarity or subtle brilliance.
  29. Andrew
    Jun 6, 2007
    It's very subtle, but definitely not boring. I think the animating is really what makes it funny. They model all the animals so much like what I imagine the people behind the voices to look like that it's hilarious. It's also kind of a peak into American Society. If you have any kind of an attention span and you have a dry sense of humor, this show is good. Otherwise, go It's very subtle, but definitely not boring. I think the animating is really what makes it funny. They model all the animals so much like what I imagine the people behind the voices to look like that it's hilarious. It's also kind of a peak into American Society. If you have any kind of an attention span and you have a dry sense of humor, this show is good. Otherwise, go ahead and watch two and a half men or something. Expand
  30. JasonM
    Jun 6, 2007
    I'm sure not everyone will find this funny, but I would really give it a chance. If you can pick up on all the wonderful irony and subtle humour, this show is definitely a must-see. And kudos on CBS for at least trying it out.
  31. BillJ
    Jun 5, 2007
    If you don't find this roll-on-the-floor funny, you aren't paying attentention to life. Two animals talking to an interviewer and the audience is the mirror of the stereotypical American. Every stand-up comedian should watch "Comforts" to reacquaint himself to "really good stuff".
    Jun 5, 2007
    There was no hesitation on my part to give Creature Comforts a solid zero. The bad part is: I really wanted to like the show; and I was looking forward to it. I loved Wallace & Grommit. But this new show is pure crap. No, I wasn't offended by the crude humor. I was just plain bored to tears by the whole thing. I sat through the whole 30 minutes of it (although now I wonder why); but There was no hesitation on my part to give Creature Comforts a solid zero. The bad part is: I really wanted to like the show; and I was looking forward to it. I loved Wallace & Grommit. But this new show is pure crap. No, I wasn't offended by the crude humor. I was just plain bored to tears by the whole thing. I sat through the whole 30 minutes of it (although now I wonder why); but it dragged so badly that it felt more like an hour and a half. This show was truly awful!! CBS: Please do your viewers a big favor and cancel this dog. Expand
  33. ChristopherM
    Jun 5, 2007
    A funny examination of common America. I thought the novelty would wear off but it never did. It's often subtle and and there's no laugh track, so those that must be told when something is funny may have difficulties. Sadly, this show will never last because it so restrained and requires proper attention to really "get it."

It may not sound funny on paper, and some of these snippets may not be quite as side-splitting as scenes from the deadpan British original, but this edition of “Creature Comforts” is good fun.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Alynda Wheat
    Naturally funny interviews are easy TV; it's with drier material that the animators shine. [8 Jun 2007, p.74]
    I hung on and laughed at nearly every word.