Criminal Minds : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
8.2

1. Mar 21, 2013
    Entertaining at times, but more often than not, it has become a cliche and less believable. Also, it's hilarious how much they LOVE using slow motion to the sounds of sad songs near the end of every episode. And Morgan's character uses some of the goofiest dialogue on TV today overearnestness is his M.O., to pinch a phrase...
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    This first season is kinda garbage. It's not directly offensive I guess, so it's no worse than a 4, but all the episodes are just the same sort of formulaic thing over and over. This can sometimes be forgiven in a show's opening season as it tries to find some footing, but most of the individual episodes are kinda bland when you look at them individually even when you don't consider thatThis first season is kinda garbage. It's not directly offensive I guess, so it's no worse than a 4, but all the episodes are just the same sort of formulaic thing over and over. This can sometimes be forgiven in a show's opening season as it tries to find some footing, but most of the individual episodes are kinda bland when you look at them individually even when you don't consider that they're just following a formula.

A lot of the characters have solid backgrounds, and they have good acting, but the writing for them is a little too perfect. They always guess the right things, they always save the latest person to go missing get saved at just the last second, and so on. Basically the heroes never really mess up anything, which makes them seem empty and unreal.
  3. Jun 11, 2014
    Scooby-Doo for grown-ups, this monster-a-week police procedural is nothing special. The characters seem two dimensional, the dialogue is wooden, the acting is just about serviceable but any sense of authenticity is cast aside for 'dramatic effect'. It sits somewhere on the scale between C.S.I. Miami and C.S.I. Las Vegas, but lacks the interesting characterisation of the latter. Fine forScooby-Doo for grown-ups, this monster-a-week police procedural is nothing special. The characters seem two dimensional, the dialogue is wooden, the acting is just about serviceable but any sense of authenticity is cast aside for 'dramatic effect'. It sits somewhere on the scale between C.S.I. Miami and C.S.I. Las Vegas, but lacks the interesting characterisation of the latter. Fine for popcorn melodrama, but anybody wanting television with a little more substance will be unsatisfied. Expand
  4. Dec 9, 2014
    I'm sorry, I don't want to slam Jeanne Tripplehorn, but she just doesn't work in this show. At all. Period. And yet the producers try to force her into the limelight; obviously, because they know there's a disconnect and casting her wasn't right for the show. When you have a program with this long of a history and so many loyal fans it must be incredibly hard to find someone new to addI'm sorry, I don't want to slam Jeanne Tripplehorn, but she just doesn't work in this show. At all. Period. And yet the producers try to force her into the limelight; obviously, because they know there's a disconnect and casting her wasn't right for the show. When you have a program with this long of a history and so many loyal fans it must be incredibly hard to find someone new to add into the cast - because of course, there was no 'replacing' Paget Brewster - but this choice is a miserable failure, and after many years of committed, almost rabid viewership, is turning me off what has been for a very long time, my favorite television show. It's not like replacing Mandy Patinkin with Joe Mantegna - THAT worked, and viewers were able to accept it. Even the short-term replacement of Rachel Nichols was better than this situation. Better to have not replaced Emily at all. Oh how I wish.

I have loved and laughed and cried with Hotch, JJ, Morgan, Penelope, and Spencer for many years. It's deeply disappointing that our relationship is coming to such an unsatisfying end.

Big talent meets weak script and every TV crime cliche known to prime time.
    It's not a cool-science show, but its crimes blur together with what we already see on the ''CSI" series, and its supporting cast is indistinct.
    It's kind of good.