Criminal Minds : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
8.1

1. Apr 27, 2016
    Still the best show on TV since 2005! The characters are great together, and the story lines are always good. I do miss the music they used to have at the end of each show, and do appreciate the quotes they use at the beginning. Everyone I know really enjoys this program. The show has great plots, and the team always works together, there is never one person taking all the credit.
  2. Nov 14, 2015
    Jenniger lawrence got thcika then a bowl of otmeal son, thats enough for me. i aint lying, check out some photos of her she like...phat with a captial p h, wich basically stands for PEENUS (in) HER, haha

FUG A JOB
  3. Nov 11, 2014
    Criminal Minds... Pure Excellence; from actors, directors and plots, Criminal Minds is an A straight from Season 1. Even the cast changes are near invisible, Greenaway was a short lived character who never really got a chance to gain audience appeal. However her successor - Prentiss - was an incredible replacement who attracted everyone because she was very relatable and down to earth. DrCriminal Minds... Pure Excellence; from actors, directors and plots, Criminal Minds is an A straight from Season 1. Even the cast changes are near invisible, Greenaway was a short lived character who never really got a chance to gain audience appeal. However her successor - Prentiss - was an incredible replacement who attracted everyone because she was very relatable and down to earth. Dr Reid is great, smart and sometimes socially awkward, Spencer Reid is a genius who solves crime - who doesn't like that? Expand
  4. Jun 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best crime show to date. Excellent cast and the plots are well written. Seasons 1 and two are my favorite, as well as the first two episodes of the first season. This is because Mandy Patinkin, who played Agent Gideon, was a cast member on the show. After he left, Criminal Minds wasn't the same.
    Over all, it remains an excellent television show to watch.
  5. May 6, 2014
    I do have to say that I have religiously been watching the Criminal Minds series since it started many seasons ago. In the beginning, it was thrilling, compelling and very entertaining. The ability to have case-focused episodes and still have the ability to seamlessly develop each character one by one is simply genius and very rare in today’s television. I was drawn in to all the characterI do have to say that I have religiously been watching the Criminal Minds series since it started many seasons ago. In the beginning, it was thrilling, compelling and very entertaining. The ability to have case-focused episodes and still have the ability to seamlessly develop each character one by one is simply genius and very rare in today’s television. I was drawn in to all the character plots which enabled me (among millions of others) to gain a connection with them. They were also timed amazingly from Reid getting kidnapped by Tobias Henkel, to Hotch and the Reaper (I still cry when I see the episode when he kills Hailey), to Prentiss’ secret life before the BAU. With that being said, I will also point out that since 2012, the seasons have gotten a bit less intriguing and almost to a degree of overreaching with their character development. After a show has gone on for so many seasons, the writers get tired and begin to run out of ideas on how to intriguingly keep developing the characters. I believe that this is now the case. However, I have invested so much time in watching and following the show that I will remain a faithful viewer until the end. I absolutely love all the original cast members (including Rossi who came in season 3 I believe) that still remain but I do miss Prentiss who provided a sense of depth to the show. Overall the cases are still intriguing, informative and the show is still very entertaining. I think they have stalled in the character development a bit so if they fix that, Criminal Minds is still golden in my books. Expand
  6. Apr 6, 2014
    A strong effective crime show that does well at a thriller and even better at the mind. It messes with your mind, hence the name "Criminal Minds" Well acted and better premises will keep you watching.
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    Though several of the characters obviously need improvement during this season of the show, the premise and execution of this premise are too entertaining to ignore. In a sea of procedurals and cop shows, the psychological and philosophical aspects of the show allowed Criminal Minds to stand out as one of the best during its first season.
  8. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wells criminal mind is a good show because their took time to solve the crime and it actually inspired me to be a police or FBI .which ever one that puts me so i love criminal mind because it keeps me safe knowing theirs people out there keeping us safe Expand
  9. Sep 9, 2013
    An excellent crime show with a diverse cast played by outstanding actors. The stories are intriguing and the team pulls you in and holds your attention. The characters are so well played that they pull you in and make you care about each one of them.
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    This is by far the best season of any of the Criminal Minds series. In fact, it is one of the best crime shows in recent years. Maybe it's the fact that it had not yet become so overwhelmingly formulaic that it became trivial. Maybe it's because of the amazing acting of Mandy Patinkin and Matthew Grey Gubler, and the generally good performances of the rest of the supporting cast. ItThis is by far the best season of any of the Criminal Minds series. In fact, it is one of the best crime shows in recent years. Maybe it's the fact that it had not yet become so overwhelmingly formulaic that it became trivial. Maybe it's because of the amazing acting of Mandy Patinkin and Matthew Grey Gubler, and the generally good performances of the rest of the supporting cast. It becomes a little annoying that, at the end of EVERY episode they manage to save somebody (this would NEVER happen in real life), but apart from that this is one of the best crime shows on the telly at the moment. Expand
  11. Jun 6, 2013
    This cop show kicks CSI's ass. There's just something about this crime show that makes it stand out from the rest. Superb acting, consistently new plots, and you really connect with the characters.
  12. Apr 10, 2013
    This is a very good show, especially the first seasons with Mandy Patinkin, though Joe Mantegna is also great in his role as the senior of the team. This show offers a great insight to the actions of serial killers, and the team hunts down the murderers by profiling them rather than collecting physical evidence. A very good show with great cast, if you are bored with the other hundreds ofThis is a very good show, especially the first seasons with Mandy Patinkin, though Joe Mantegna is also great in his role as the senior of the team. This show offers a great insight to the actions of serial killers, and the team hunts down the murderers by profiling them rather than collecting physical evidence. A very good show with great cast, if you are bored with the other hundreds of "CSI" shows watch this. Expand
  13. Sep 19, 2012
    Honestly the second-best show I have ever seen (just behind Doctor Who). I think the episodes are written fantastically well and the analysis of the behavior of the criminals is one of the most interesting things I have ever seen.
    It may not necessarily have the best acting ever, and, to be fair, occasionally features gratuitous gore (though honestly features it entirely less than it could, keeping it to less than one in ten episodes being gory), but has far more merit than negative traits.
  14. Sep 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I LOVE this show! I cannot wait for season 8 (although I'll miss Prentiss SO much). I feel as if a majority of problems with the team's personal lives have been resolved, so I am very excited to see what new issues develop. I would recommend this show to anyone and everyone, as it's my favorite show on television. Expand
  15. Aug 17, 2012
    I'm obsessed with this show lately. I love Dr. Spencer Reid and the entire plot is fascinating. I like how it focuses on the cases but still manages to keep developing the characters. The entire show is fascinating!
  16. Dec 4, 2011
    This show is one of the best things that has ever been graced upon our screens, the story lines are amazing and the acting is one of the best I have ever seen. CSI, NCIS and Bones are just sloppy and boring compared to the amazing writing and fantastic acting that if shown in Criminal Minds. All the story lines will have you on the edge of your seat and you and your family will becomeThis show is one of the best things that has ever been graced upon our screens, the story lines are amazing and the acting is one of the best I have ever seen. CSI, NCIS and Bones are just sloppy and boring compared to the amazing writing and fantastic acting that if shown in Criminal Minds. All the story lines will have you on the edge of your seat and you and your family will become addicted extremely to this amazing show. You also learn bucket loads from this show, from behavior to science and then just general facts. This is also amazing for teaching your children to be safe, in the local park to online. However, some episodes may be a little bit gruesome, but that is highly rare.

If you do not watch this, please tune in and you will realize what the hype is about, with 33,000,000 average viewers, Criminal Minds is a huge hit, and deserving.
  17. Dec 3, 2011
    This show really does deserve the amazing viewing figures (Over 20million in USA alone, over 33million Worldwide) and the amazing reviews "Best Show Around" and "The best crime show in years...no decades" This is one of the best shows ever, CSI and NCIS look pathetic in comparison. The cast have such amazing chemistry and the cases are so fantastic and they make complete sense, and unlikeThis show really does deserve the amazing viewing figures (Over 20million in USA alone, over 33million Worldwide) and the amazing reviews "Best Show Around" and "The best crime show in years...no decades" This is one of the best shows ever, CSI and NCIS look pathetic in comparison. The cast have such amazing chemistry and the cases are so fantastic and they make complete sense, and unlike CSI, everyone can understand them! Everyone loves this show, it is now a Criminal Minds mania! Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    A crime show with an outstanding cast, well written plot and amazing facts displayed in every episode. Some may be a bit visual, but you love seeing your favorite FBI agents profile those jerks to a tee. They all have such amazing chemistry with each other. Paget Brewster is amazing, with A.J. Cook's likability and with Kristen Vangsness,you just want to take her home!
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    This show is one of the best that has ever graced the screen. The acting is simply amazing, and the story line outshines the strange CSI, dull NCIS and the ever so draining Law and Order. The writing is amazing with such lovable actors that you will loose your mind with Criminal Minds!
  20. J_B
    Nov 5, 2011
    My favourite show! It's so interesting! It focuses in on the cases, not the characters, and each show is unique and different. The acting's good as well, especially Matthew Gray Gubler.
  21. Jan 3, 2011
    Not since Law and Order has a show been this intelligent and well presented. The actors are absolutely awesome, The stories are captivating and the characters excellently written. This show has renewed my faith on television. CONGRATULATIONS
  22. Aug 18, 2010
    Typically I try and stay away from police dramas unless they have a 'thing'. I'll watch 'Medium' because the main character isn't just a police consultant, she dreams aspects of the crimes. I'll watch 'The Mentalist' because of the main character's intellect and witty ways of figuring stuff out. That's the sort of 'thing' I look for, otherwise the shows usually fall flat. So I was waryTypically I try and stay away from police dramas unless they have a 'thing'. I'll watch 'Medium' because the main character isn't just a police consultant, she dreams aspects of the crimes. I'll watch 'The Mentalist' because of the main character's intellect and witty ways of figuring stuff out. That's the sort of 'thing' I look for, otherwise the shows usually fall flat. So I was wary when someone recommended Criminal Minds to me. It sounded like a run-of-the-mill police drama where the cast always catch the bad guy through help from forces other than themselves.

But then I watched a few episodes and realised that it is one of the smartest and best written shows on TV today. Each episode is well constructed and entertaining and the main characters are always interesting and full of depth. Even after a cascade of character replacements in series 2 and 3 you never feel like you miss old characters because the new one's are so good. Of course, like in every show, there are the odd episodes which stagger and fall flat on their face (usually the weird cult or religious ones), although Criminal Minds suffers more severely from these as they seem to come in chunks of three or four episodes at a time. Criminal Minds won me over within a few episodes and I've been captivated ever since. The variety on display in combination with some of the best characters in TV land today (Garcia in particular consistently steals each episode) makes this police drama the exception to the rule. Typically I try and stay away from police dramas, but the 'thing' about Criminal Minds is that it's just damn good.
  23. Aug 13, 2010
    This show is the best all these people give it bad reviews on the characters for being wooden or overall bad and i dont know what theyre talking about the characters are perfecly created for a show like this and the cases keep anyone entertained from beginning to end GO CRIMINAL MINDS!!!
  24. SteveS
    Jan 22, 2010
    I typically hate police procedurals, but this one hooked me. Like any series, it takes some time for the cast to gel, but they do a fine job.
  25. Scott
    Jan 11, 2010
    By far the best crime show on TV. All the permanent characters are likable in spite of their flaws. The writing is concise, fresh, and frequently funny. Dr. Reid and Garcia are consistently the highlights of the episodes.
  26. AmandaK
    Jan 8, 2010
    To a less than casual watcher, Criminal Minds may be mistaken for a makeshift amalgamation of recent hit crime shows, but this is not the case at all. Instead of using just forensic evidence they look into the mind of the criminal, delving deep into the twisted internal psyche. All the actors are dynamic and entertaining. A smart crime drama for the smart audience.
  27. HarveyB
    Oct 27, 2009
    a great crime drama with believable characters and criminals. the episodes so far are very interesting and entertaining. i just wish they would have more "shock value", but this isn't meant to be that. its a smart, well written show where you know the criminals first but then try to understand their actions.
  28. Bfirst
    Dec 17, 2008
    Great show with excellent writing and acting. Never miss an episode!
  29. AshwalS.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Excellent insight into serial killers...its a tad bit unrealistic but who wants to see realism on TV...I can watch the news for realism.
  30. JenniJ.
    Apr 30, 2008
    I love this show! it's set to record on my DVR every Wednesday!

Big talent meets weak script and every TV crime cliche known to prime time.
    It's not a cool-science show, but its crimes blur together with what we already see on the ''CSI" series, and its supporting cast is indistinct.
    It's kind of good.